Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Got to play a whole 20 minutes all day. I work in infrastructure, manage data centers and application uptime on all my systems. If something like this happened under my watch, I wouldn't have a job.

I'm dumb founded that ANY company in the world has to completely down a system to perform any kind of maintenance. It proves to me that their infrastructure teams are inept, and this isn't an accident. They build systems, they test load and they prepare for months before something like this. And no failure of any kind should mean taking everything down for 'maintenance' of any kind.

Its very unprofessional, forget the customers for a second and their rage. The idea that the staff is ok with taking the system offline is laughable.. and the furthest thing from professional.

edit. Just saw a Tweet that they'll be down for 2 more hours! lol http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149175175

This game has been anticipated for 12 years by people all over the world. Unless you work for Blizzard, you don't do shit near the scale of this launch.

I put in a good 7-8 hours when the game launched. Kinda sucks we have to deal with this WoW maintenance crap but I have a couple friends who couldn't play the game due to the Error bosses after login.

And again with the bitching about online only. Don't buy it. Please don't. I really don't want to accidentally run into you ONLINE. By the way. Complaining about it being online only when you have an internet connection to bitch about it is ducking fumb. You're NOT allowed to complain about it ONLINE. Go and do it offline with your imaginary friends.
That's exactly the problem. We have internet connections and it still doesn't work.
Even having a working internet connection is not enough. Blizzard-Activision knew that this was a possibility and made the game this way anyway.

Had they not made it online only, maybe putting in LAN and offline single player, a lot less people would be complaining right now. We'd be playing with friends over hamachi or playing single player.

This game has been anticipated for 12 years by people all over the world. Unless you work for Blizzard, you don't do shit near the scale of this launch.

Yeah, load testing for 10 million connections is somewhat difficult. You can estimate and test at a lower scale, but it doesn't always work out the way you think :p

I think everyone who had pre-ordered or got the game on launch should get an achievement such as "Zen Master" or something else along those lines to showcase their patience in dealing with this crap :D

I think everyone who had pre-ordered or got the game on launch should get an achievement such as "Zen Master" or something else along those lines to showcase their patience in dealing with this crap :D

it helps when you have finals though. when its down study.. when its up play

Yeah, load testing for 10 million connections is somewhat difficult. You can estimate and test at a lower scale, but it doesn't always work out the way you think :p

It's not. There are several firms that specialize in load testing, especially server side. Just need to throw a bit of money at it.

Just turn vsync off... This game isn't intensive at all.

My E6600 and 9600gt @ 1080 do just fine with everything maxed except AA. If it drops below 30 or 40 fps I can't even feel it. Most of the time the fps stays in the 80's.

well my wow arean bro who took today off is alread lvl 40 and im lvl 20 cuz i got home at 5:30 and couldnt play until 6:30est and now its deaddddddddddddd

With the system specs in my sig, do you guys think I'd be better off:

A) unchecking the max and min fps sliders, leaving vsync disabled, and just let the graphics card do its thing? (some people have said this is too much stress on the gpu)

B) should I leave the sliders checked, leave vsync off, but drop the max fps down to 60 on the slider since my monitor's refresh rate is 60hz?

I leave background checked at default, checked off foreground and enabled vsync. Solid 60 frps. With my eyes I notice some nasty tearing while i'm playing.

The Diablo 3 BGM needs some acoustic guitar or something. I really miss the Diablo 1&2 soundtrack.

I leave background checked at default, checked off foreground and enabled vsync. Solid 60 frps. With my eyes I notice some nasty tearing while i'm playing.

If you have vsync on there is no reason to have the FPS limit higher/unlimited, you'll still get 60fps either way but with added input lag if the FPS is higher than 60 if vsync is on.

I have been following their CS twitter .. they said it will be up at about 1:45 EST... and its still down...

I just finished beating Leoric and was viewing the next cutscene when the game disconnected. Just logged back in and Leoric is dead, but I lost all my drops. One of which was a nice upgrade for my Wizard. What a wonderful time I've been having....

I just finished beating Leoric and was viewing the next cutscene when the game disconnected. Just logged back in and Leoric is dead, but I lost all my drops. One of which was a nice upgrade for my Wizard. What a wonderful time I've been having....

Check the AH. Prob something better there. :)

Ubisoft makes DRM scheme that requires constant online, everyone calls for boycott. Blizzard does the same, everyone is happy. Me, and judging from forums, quite a lot of other players don't care for coop, multiplayer, ah or all those online features. All that we want is to enjoy story, run game with every class, then uninstall and forget.

Wonder why Blizzard, for such people didn't make the offline mode, like with Starcraft 2...you can play, but you don't earn achievments, can't use your characters for battle.net or can't use AH. It would much lower the server load and everyone would be happy.

not sure if I should start another thread.

Having issues with brief pauses (not mp or anything) to the point that the character will pause and catch up (running super fast). Does this occasionally. Any advice?

Ubisoft makes DRM scheme that requires constant online, everyone calls for boycott. Blizzard does the same, everyone is happy. Me, and judging from forums, quite a lot of other players don't care for coop, multiplayer, ah or all those online features. All that we want is to enjoy story, run game with every class, then uninstall and forget.

Wonder why Blizzard, for such people didn't make the offline mode, like with Starcraft 2...you can play, but you don't earn achievments, can't use your characters for battle.net or can't use AH. It would much lower the server load and everyone would be happy.

Everyone is happy? Really? Who is?

Have you read through the thread and Diablo 3 forums?
There are tons of people complaining about it...

The WD is super fun. After playing about 2 hours and doing all the cinematics, I'm hooked on this class. I can't wait to see what else is in store of him.

I bought this game to play with my friends. Seeing as how that hasn't happened very much thanks to all the downtime, I'm considering for a refund and/or disputing the transaction with my credit card company if they refuse.

Maybe I'll re-purchase it in the future when they decide they want to sell a working product.

Ubisoft makes DRM scheme that requires constant online, everyone calls for boycott. Blizzard does the same, everyone is happy.

Simply not true, many people are upset about it and some of those people (such as myself) have refused to buy Diablo 3 because of it.

I bought this game to play with my friends. Seeing as how that hasn't happened very much thanks to all the downtime, I'm considering for a refund and/or disputing the transaction with my credit card company if they refuse.

Maybe I'll re-purchase it in the future when they decide they want to sell a working product.

You're joking, I do hope. A dispute with your credit card is not meant for you disliking a product, or it having some downtime as is the norm for this type of product.

Experimenting with elective mode for some interesting builds. The Wizard's Arcane Orb has a rune to make 4 smaller, weaker ones orbit around me. So instead of using that as a regular power attack, I moved it to the action bar to make it kind of "buff" that I refresh periodically. Now I have Arcane Torrent in its place as a power attack.

You're joking, I do hope. A dispute with your credit card is not meant for you disliking a product, or it having some downtime as is the norm for this type of product.
"Disliking a product" is a lot different from "merchant selling defective merchandise".

You can most certainly dispute a product if it doesn't work like it's supposed to and the seller refuses to do a refund. There is no clause in Visa's dispute rules that says "You have to give a developer some time to patch it and buy more server bandwidth before you can dispute the transaction".

If they're going to have Ubisoft-style always online DRM, it sure as hell better work flawlessly. They could have just gave the game a single player element or LAN and I could have just patiently waited playing single player or Hamachi, but nooooo. They insist that you're always online to play (even if they won't keep up their end of the bargain and always be online). Yeah screw that.

Is there any character that farms better than others given the same ilvl gear?is there any character/class that is better than the rest in party's?i haven't bought the game yet nor I have played the beta but I wanna start the 'right' class when I decide to play D3

Lol.... good luck with that... pretty sure the game will be perfectly fine soon enough. Its a blizzard game... No, they haven't gotten it right after all these years.

Took a break last night after hitting level 12 with my Witch Doctor. Much fun. Great class. Found some rare items and for the life of me couldnt figure out how to identify them....was looking for someone or something, then just right clicked the item and "OH", that's all you have to do.

Back