• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I played for 20 minutes yesterday after work before the servers were downed. Went to bed about 10pm after I saw the maintenance was going until 11:45pm PDT. Hopefully I can play tonight lol
 
Seems to me like it would kind of be a crap-shoot. People tend to move fast through these types of games, so I'd recommend grabbing 2-3 friends and doing it that way. Not really a random-oriented game I'd say.

Yeah, sadly none of my friends would play D3. Ah well, the population should stay high enough that even if I start my own games, I could get through the story content with randoms joining me I would assume.
 
Rofl i just got TL2 beta invitation, between D3, PoE, and TL2 im gonna have no life...
 
Server went down as I got home last night from my fiances place.. kind of annoying. So I just went to sleep and woke up at 4am to play before work :D.


Anybody beat Act2 yet? If so read on...

What did you think of Belial ?! Pretty awesome... I am worried about fighting him in nightmare. I had to ress my buddy like 10 times hahaha. It was cool to see how some spells were a lot less effective too I switched to arcane orb and hydra to beat him :D


Any wizards out there got cool builds?

Currently using

meteor
frost nova
familiar
disentegrate
electrocute
mirror image

meteor is fantastic.
 
I have not had much of a chance to really play the game. Maybe 3 hours or so total. But what I have played is very fun and enjoyable. Playing with friends is a blast!
 
I have not had much of a chance to really play the game. Maybe 3 hours or so total. But what I have played is very fun and enjoyable. Playing with friends is a blast!

Probably the only way worth playing. It's great when you have people to play with who have the same style of play as you. Good complementary features are always welcome.
 
fastest growing thread ever. finish reading one page and 5 more have popped up

The "RealID shown on forums" thread was the fastest growing thread I've ever seen. And a much bigger shitshow than this (more justified too).
 
Llama[Style];1038732918 said:
As someone else pointed out... "people on the internet complaining about a game that requires internet"
If only having internet was all you needed to play the game, that would be nice.

Not only do you have to have the internet, but Blizzard's servers need to work too.
 
Anybody beat Act2 yet? If so read on...

What did you think of Belial ?! Pretty awesome... I am worried about fighting him in nightmare. I had to ress my buddy like 10 times hahaha. It was cool to see how some spells were a lot less effective too I switched to arcane orb and hydra to beat him :D

I played through it last night with a full group. They
died over and over and over. At least three times per player. Meanwhile my debuffs/healing/dodge monk just kept doing his thing and survived just fine. Belial emerging from the ground was just epic.
 
Are you guys having latency problems? I'm pinging at like 1400ms....

I haven't played yet today, but last night before the server crash I had totally random ping ranging from 300ms to over 1000ms. It sucked. Though that may have been due to whatever caused the server crash.
 
I was fine from about 8PM EST to Midnight, not a hitch. Was this after that, that the issues surfaced, or?
 
Lame...I was able to play for a few hours yesterday just fine. Today the latency is just completely unplayable. I lose connection to the server after like 5 minutes.
 
I wonder when the review embargo is over? I bet they will let reviewers release their reviews once the server issues are worked out. Activision/Blizzard is a massive company.
 
Lame...I was able to play for a few hours yesterday just fine. Today the latency is just completely unplayable. I lose connection to the server after like 5 minutes.


I played for about 2 1/2 hours this morning maybe a little bit longer and it was running really well.. do you have a router? I unplug my modem and router for 5 minutes every now and when I'm lagging.. check other applications. I can always tell if its the game or me because my vent ping will be high
 
I wonder when the review embargo is over? I bet they will let reviewers release their reviews once the server issues are worked out. Activision/Blizzard is a massive company.

I don't believe there is an embargo. The game was not playable until release, IE: No early play for reviewers. If you take a look at IGN, they have a review in progress you can read.

BiH115 said:
I was fine from about 8PM EST to Midnight, not a hitch. Was this after that, that the issues surfaced, or?

My problems started around 8:30-9:00pm MST, which is around 10:30-11:00pm EST.
 
The game is really good but this whole server issue is going to be turning a ton of people away. If i had a chance i would get my money back. I dont like relieing on game makers servers to be able to play. it sucks.
 
I was able to play for a while yesterday. Took like 2hrs to install (finally got to installing around noon) and got to play for about 15minutes before they pulled it down for the afternoon. Got on again around 4pm and was able to play up until about 7:30ish when I crashed out. After that I could not get back in. I had no issues with lag or anything. So far I am impressed with the game and have been loving my Monk. Got to figure out what weapons I wan to use though, using a magical Spear and shield right now just for kicks.
 
When the US auth server went down for a few hours last night, I just played on the Asian servers. It was down long enough to get a character to 10 and start hardcore to about level 6. In that short HC time someone managed to die to those damn scavengers :p
 
I don't quite understand how the checkpoints/saving work... For example, I was in one of the quest dungeons and got the "jar of souls" achievement. I continued on my way, finished the quest and went back to town. I logged off the game and relogged about 15min later. I then had to go back to a different part of the dungeon for the next part of the quest, where I found the jar of souls event again. I did it again, and got the achievement again. Does this mean I didn't save my progress or something properly the first time? Or maybe it was just a server issue?
 
The game is really good but this whole server issue is going to be turning a ton of people away. If i had a chance i would get my money back. I dont like relieing on game makers servers to be able to play. it sucks.

You actually do have the chance.... check out the terms you agreed to when you launched the game. Because you don't own the game, just buying a license, you have 30 days to get a full refund from blizzard if you do not agree to the terms.
 
The game is really good but this whole server issue is going to be turning a ton of people away. If i had a chance i would get my money back. I dont like relieing on game makers servers to be able to play. it sucks.

No doubt the game will be solid shortly after release. Unfortunately it's just one of those Blizzard launch things. Anyone who knows them expected this.
 
I don't care. I'm having a fucking blast with this so far.

Earthquake for Barb is badass. It is officially my "everything around my needs to die immediately" skill. I'll post my current setup after I get back from work along with my templar since, without setting him towards healing, I'd be getting my ass kicked.
 
for the tiny time i've been able to play between server downage and work, witch doctor has been a blast so far, demon hunter felt really underpowered but that could be from being in a 3 person game and only level 4.. i'll try it again later solo.
 
I don't quite understand how the checkpoints/saving work... For example, I was in one of the quest dungeons and got the "jar of souls" achievement. I continued on my way, finished the quest and went back to town. I logged off the game and relogged about 15min later. I then had to go back to a different part of the dungeon for the next part of the quest, where I found the jar of souls event again. I did it again, and got the achievement again. Does this mean I didn't save my progress or something properly the first time? Or maybe it was just a server issue?

Each character only has to do a quest one time. Then you can repeat it by joining or creating another game. Logging out reset your dungeons so everything was randomized and repopulated. Things like the Jar are bonus quests, you dont need them for the main storyline, but doing them once will give an achievement.
 
I don't quite understand how the checkpoints/saving work... For example, I was in one of the quest dungeons and got the "jar of souls" achievement. I continued on my way, finished the quest and went back to town. I logged off the game and relogged about 15min later. I then had to go back to a different part of the dungeon for the next part of the quest, where I found the jar of souls event again. I did it again, and got the achievement again. Does this mean I didn't save my progress or something properly the first time? Or maybe it was just a server issue?

It seems like everything you regarding your character is "saved" instantly. Items you pick up, gold, skills, etc. However quests and the like are tied to the checkpoints. So if you do a quest, but log before hitting a checkpoint you have to redo the quest again.

So I guess the moral is don't quit until you've hit a checkpoint.

Could be wrong, but that's what I'm gathering from what I read online.
 
What a clusteruck of a launch. Seems Blizzard apologists are some of the very worst in the gaming community as well.

I guess I just dont see what the big deal is. Maybe if I was in college and had a huge amount of free time it would be a different story. For me, I took Tuesday off and my friends and I were able to fit in about 12 hours of gaming with some downtime due to maintenance later in the afternoon. If I was on summer break from school or something, I would probably have been flipping out at any little bit of downtime.

D3 is basically an MMO at this stage. For an MMO launch, this was pretty smooth, Ive seen much, much worse.
 
I guess I just dont see what the big deal is. Maybe if I was in college and had a huge amount of free time it would be a different story.

I would say the exact opposite. With my little amount of free time as a working adult, I get pissed when I decide to play a game, and my time is wasted staring at server status lists.
 
Back
Top