Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Its because of the horrible idea of it being online to play..its blizzard trying to play big brother ..

Dude, it has to be this way because of the implementation of the auction house/market or else people will hack items.

After dealing with the debacle known as Battlefield 3 and peer to peer communication, i have no problem with "big brother" watching.

Dude, it has to be this way because of the implementation of the auction house/market or else people will hack items.

After dealing with the debacle known as Battlefield 3 and peer to peer communication, i have no problem with "big brother" watching.

There is zero reason to require an always-on-internet connection for offline/single-player gaming. It's DRM dressed up in fancy clothes. For multi-player its necessary, yes, but not for single player.

There is zero reason to require an always-on-internet connection for offline/single-player gaming. It's DRM dressed up in fancy clothes. For multi-player its necessary, yes, but not for single player.

Aren't items gained in single player sellable in the auction house as well? If this is true then ofcourse always on is required.

Anyone have a diablo 3 starter key ... I have to wait a week for mine to arrive.

PM INC. =)

Just got past skeleton king. Anyone wants to do something or wants to start a new toon let me know! m33pm33p#1613

Add me!

Last edited:
Aren't items gained in single player sellable in the auction house as well? If this is true then ofcourse always on is required.

Yes, they are. That being said why didn't Blizzard make offline only characters and items? Oh yeah, they get a cut of the auction house stuff...

Anyone else want to throw a starter key my way? Watching some let's play/live feeds has gotten me wanting to try it out. Never did try the beta but played D2 in a big way back in undergrad. Thanks ahead of time.

Anyone know how to change the inventory tooltip hover duration? Thought I could do it in the beta but can't find it. Item details go up way too quick for me.

anyone been in any full games? so far i have not been in a game where its more then just me and the other person its quite boring and i wanna level faster

Anyone else want to throw a starter key my way? Watching some let's play/live feeds has gotten me wanting to try it out. Never did try the beta but played D2 in a big way back in undergrad. Thanks ahead of time.

ygpm

:rolleyes:

ever think that you could go online only when you want to use the auction house? The auction house isn't available "in game"

Two reasons for online only. DRM and stop people from hacking the character files.

Are they releasing a demo for this game? Really want to play it but I don't have the best internet connection and I'm a little worried about dropping $60 on it and having it not run properly.

Are they releasing a demo for this game? Really want to play it but I don't have the best internet connection and I'm a little worried about dropping $60 on it and having it not run properly.

Can grab a key from someone. We each got 3 with our purchase.

hate to beg but I'd appreciate a starter key as well if anyone has one left. Will repay by gifting one when my CE comes in friday or so here.

I'm getting choppy frame rates in single player because of server lag. Nice job Blizzard. Pulling assets and AI off some overloaded servers in single player was an awesome idea! /s

You guys are lucky that your able to play, I cant even install the game. Keeps failing. my log states agent not found but yet its opened 3 in my task manager. Ive been trying to install the game for 5hrs pretty much trying everything i can think of and read. feels like im on launch day for a AAA mmo.. Actually, they've been smoother for me

I have two guest passes up for grabs. First two PM's get em.

[EDIT]: gone. About to return the PM's

Last edited:

Ding ding ding he has the right answer :) Good post.

Well, after putting in a lot of hours with a group of friends and catching hour or two naps here and there, I am pretty satisfied. Even when we have to catch a friend up in a zone, its still fun. Overall, I am very impressed. My favorite part of the game is how seamless the party system is. No pain at all, I also love the little treasure goblins, reminds me of Golden Axe.

I feel like this game is a gateway drug to WoW, or a digital narcotic with similar properties. All I have been doing all day was playing this damn game... I just stopped now and I feel "out of it"

fuck me this game is good. leveled two chars to 20 one solo and one with friends. So much attention to detail in the game.

I've got the coffee brewing, and just about to delve into the game.

Same here could use a spare guest key if anyone has one. Loved D2 but the always online thing and the real money stuff is making me iffy. Would like to give it a spin if I can before Blizzard gets $60 more from me.

I was under the impression that if you bought it already, you got one or multiple.

Seems that it's a boxed edition perk. Which is odd, you'd think they would perk digital downloads as well.

The game is great when the servers are working fine. Too bad the game is useless when they are down. It's pretty much the same as Ubisoft DRM.

Gerbils must be getting their 15 min break every 8 hours or so.

Just got home, waiting for my bro and his wife to finish installing.
Just started my 5 chars to watch the intro (all girls)
Monk: Unity
Demon Hunter: Harmony
Witch Doctor: Symphony
Barb: Calamity
Wizard: Catastrophe

Back