Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Once I got in I was good. Took about an hour though. Got to level 10. Little dissapointed you can't customize your character. Not a big deal, but something you expect now-a-days.

530am here, were done for the night, fun game and only took a little under an hour to get in. Overall, it could have been much worse. I am tired!

Why cant i just choose the game i wanna join like in d2, i wanna play with 7 other people not just me and one other person

Logged in, accepted the TOS, created my barbarian, and just played for about thirty seconds.

Seems to work fine! Unfortunately I have to go to work now. :)

Just got done playing a 3 hour session with friends. We had a great time. Not going to say it wasn't frustrating, because it was. Sitting there at a bunch of error prompts while trying to log in, but once we all did get in, it was a seriously fun time.

Once I got in I was good. Took about an hour though. Got to level 10. Little dissapointed you can't customize your character. Not a big deal, but something you expect now-a-days.

I want to play a male monk but he's so fugly it's distracting. I want a male monk with hair on his head and less of a beard that could solo diablo

I just finished watching the making of the cinematics on Blu-ray and holy crap it looks amazing. Spoilerific too btw. I don't think Blizzard can be touched in the cinematics department.

About 2 hours and 45 minutes into the game and still not done with Act 1. Love all the different areas. The game looks fucking beautiful.

I am gonna be hooked on this for years.

Diablo 3 - Gamebreaking Bug

http://kotaku.com/5910360/game-brea..._source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Game Breaking Bug Discovered in Diablo III
Players are reporting a game breaking bug in newly released Diablo III. The bug kicks players off Diablo III servers, bringing up an Error 3006 message.

The bug is trigger when players interact with the Templar follower early in the game, equipping the Templar with a shield.

Players on Blizzard's Diablo III forums are reporting the bug; likewise, players on website Eurogamer apparently are, too.

Blizzard, the game's developer, has yet to release a fix. Online, players are recommending that you do not equip the Templar with any prior to accepting him as a follower.

"Don't trade your equipped shield with the Templar," wrote Diablo III player Laurelin. "The game boots you out, and you can't log back until Blizzard notices and fixes this issue."

Stay tuned.

I'm pretty far after killing skellyking. I got a pair of very nice scythes when i killed him (both are yellow).

level 12 now and mow through most monsters like a fireball through a spiderweb.

How is performance for everyone? Bashiok said the release game would run much better than the beta so I'm curious how it'll play on my laptop (9600M GT). At work right now so I gotta wait until later!

Yeah just got to Act 2 as well. People complaining about how linear the beta was are going to be in for a real treat. Some of the areas in Act 1 are massive.

edit: also it does get pretty difficult at times, despite being only normal.

SPOILER

was kinda disappointing there was no big boss to kill in act 1 like in d2

o well, need to transfer some stuff on a hdd for a friend then im gonna continue playing through out the night lol

My lovely and wonderful sister gave this to me for my birthday a week early. :cool:

Installing now...I must say I am a little bit excited.

How is performance for everyone? Bashiok said the release game would run much better than the beta so I'm curious how it'll play on my laptop (9600M GT). At work right now so I gotta wait until later!

running smooth for me, everything high 1080

xfx 4850 1gb xfire
720be @ 3.4
8gb
installed it on my SSD
and to think i was gonna get a 670 because i was worried it would be choppy, we well see when i get to the other acts and boss fights what happens

I'd appreciate a guest pass if someone wants to pm me one. Curious if they fixed the imput lag at all after beta.

RaR!

Have not gotten to play yet. Will get a couple hours today, then I have to wait until Friday.

Same I would be grateful for a guest pass a well.. I'm buying the game but have to wait until payday...

Performance is good. I still have a 9600gt with a E6600 and I'm running it maxed at 1080 with only the physics and shadows down a bit.

I have to wait for UPS to deliver D3 & get through the workday before I can get around to playing it. :(

sigh my preload is broke. have to redl. but its ok since i wont be home until 5pm

I can't post on the battlenet forums to ask this, since I don't have a character created... maybe someone here knows.

I have purchased the digital copy from Blizzard. Is there a way for me to download the game at work and put it on a USB stick to take home, WITHOUT installing it at work? I tried the downloader on my account page, but that just wants to install the game.

I'm trying to avoid my slower download speeds at home etc etc.

I can't post on the battlenet forums to ask this, since I don't have a character created... maybe someone here knows.

I have purchased the digital copy from Blizzard. Is there a way for me to download the game at work and put it on a USB stick to take home, WITHOUT installing it at work? I tried the downloader on my account page, but that just wants to install the game.

Any of those listed from the OP will do. I was able to download the enUS version w/o installing it originally (since Blizz blocked everyone from doing so before it was released).

Any of those listed from the OP will do. I was able to download the enUS version w/o installing it originally (since Blizz blocked everyone from doing so before it was released).

Thank you sir! I had seen those links, but assumed they would just do the same thing as the links on the account page.

It doesn't install the game, it installs the downloader.....You can THEN get the game, copy it to a stick and then carry it home, then install it there. The installation of the (pre-)installer is a must though. No direct download of the client.

Thank you sir! I had seen those links, but assumed they would just do the same thing as the links on the account page.

Quite welcome.

It doesn't install the game, it installs the downloader.....You can THEN get the game, copy it to a stick and then carry it home, then install it there. The installation of the (pre-)installer is a must though. No direct download of the client.

Does the "downloader" install the agent software or is that only when you run the game installer?

What level difficulty is everyone playing at? My wife and I are going to start tonight, however, the normal difficulty seemed quite easy in beta (although that is only the very beginning).

What level difficulty is everyone playing at? My wife and I are going to start tonight, however, the normal difficulty seemed quite easy in beta (although that is only the very beginning).

it's progressive, you have to beat them in order starting with normal (hardcore is an option on any newly created char after having one at level 10)

Just got into work after staying up all night. Login was a little rough - friend of mine got in right away with like maybe a 5 second delay, everyone else I knew got stuck for about an hour then it opened up. Ended up through first couple parts of Act 2 around 7am.... heh, level 18 Barb

Back