Destiny - Discussion Thread

I'm lucky to have downed him twice already. Got the AR, scout rifle, pulse rifle and hand cannon. Gonna need a ton more radiant energy...

Downed him a third time, got a second scout rifle, which I'm finding isn't really all that great, the AR and the pulse rifle seem to be the best so far, with the hand cannon coming in third for me.

The target marking perk on the scout rifle is pathetic, it is an 'or' ability to spray and play instead of an 'and'. I can't imagine anyone ever using this in place of disabling the quicker reload perk.

The AR with the wizard disorientation is amazing, especially vs. Omnigul, and the pulse rifle with shooting through knight shields is also incredibly useful. The hand cannon, word of crota, has a pathetic version of the black hammer perk 'white nail' that can only trigger once per full magazine, it's a sad excuse for the rarely seen 'clown cartridge' perk.

I've got enough energy to cap one gun fully, so I'll be waiting till the reset to see the nightfall burn and capping that weapon first for using in that place, here's to hoping it's solar so I can thrown Gjallarhorn and the AR at whatever comes up :)

Yeah finished all my crota hm on the weekend. Its on farm.for me now.

I own word of crota, 2 fangs of Ir yut, and 2 abyss defiant. Word of crota is definitely the worst. Fangs of Ir yut is good and abyss defiant is good as well. Friend says oversoul sucks (as do most pulse rifles).

Last edited:
Yeah finished all my crota hm on the weekend. Its on farm.for me now.

I own word of crota, 2 fangs of Ir yut, and 2 abyss defiant. Word of crota is definitely the worst. Fangs of Ir yut is good and abyss defiant is good as well. Friend says oversoul sucks (as do most pulse rifles).

I'm not a fan of pulse rifles but I gave oversoul a shot its a mean mfer fully upgraded. Tears thru hive. Has full auto, dark breaker which goes right thru hive knight walls and hive disruptor which increases damage to hive majors. Very helpful in the raid. I have song of ir yut heavy mach gun. Both do arc damage which is nice

Lately having a full arc damage load out has been helpful with murmur set to arc and fully upgraded.

I have been holding onto anything. Rotate between my 3 characters just need shards and some raid chest pieces and id be set at 32.

Just got pocket infinty fully upgraded that things 5 auto shot sure clears a path in a jam

Murmur for arc burn is seriously very effective! I was shocked at just how much damage that thing does!

With triple burn this week the omnigul questline is going to be very very brutal, just because the strike itself isn't hard but they intentionally made everything spam shots at you each and every way you go throughout the strike. There are zero tactics involved literally just throw enemies at you.

Eh, just play it safe, got all three nightfall and weekly strikes done in 2 hours after the reset.

Man so I couldn't run the raid tonight with my son tonight and him and all his friend got the crux . I was bummed I have Eldon ally maxed all I need is that damn crux :(

Man so I couldn't run the raid tonight with my son tonight and him and all his friend got the crux . I was bummed I have Eldon ally maxed all I need is that damn crux :(

My friend got the crux and he does not like the necrochasm. Says it doesn't do enough damage for the clip size and almost gives him a pre-buff bad juju vibe. The exploding cursed thrall effect is neat, but it's nothing more than firefly with a different effect. Pretty disappointing that the top tier gun for this DLC is so disappointing. The vex was much more impressive.

Most of the new primaries from this hard mode are disappointing. The majority of them only show their benefits in the actual raid or in the summoning pits. Outside of these two scenarios they are nothing special. I beat Crota hard mode last week and don't really have any motivation to go back now.

My friend got the crux and he does not like the necrochasm. Says it doesn't do enough damage for the clip size and almost gives him a pre-buff bad juju vibe. The exploding cursed thrall effect is neat, but it's nothing more than firefly with a different effect. Pretty disappointing that the top tier gun for this DLC is so disappointing. The vex was much more impressive.

Most of the new primaries from this hard mode are disappointing. The majority of them only show their benefits in the actual raid or in the summoning pits. Outside of these two scenarios they are nothing special. I beat Crota hard mode last week and don't really have any motivation to go back now.

The new AR and pulse are pretty handy for hive. Today we had 2 guys with the AR and my new pulse oversoul and with those AR you can freeze omnigol and I was shredding the knights on the weekly we got thru it so fast. I still want the Necro I collect the guns need more vault space.

These new guns might not factor much in the next dlc but they are very good against hive.

One of the guys in my fireteam last night was complaining on Necrochasm as well. I was dead from looking for the first chest and spectated him killing thrall with it and was pretty underwhelmed. With the high rate of fire/low impact the clip is way too small. They may buff it, so I still want to get it, but not too excited about it in its current state. I would like to get it, seeing how I've done the work getting Husk of the Pit up to the necessary steps for the Crux drop.

Looted the Dragons Breath last night...three shells and solar flare damage. this thing looks like a beast. Someone online mentioned it plays the jaws song when scoped..lol. :D

After no weapons in hard mode the first week I got the Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict last night. Hopefully I can kill Crota and get the hand cannon as I still don't have a void primary.

Bone stock the pulse rifle was pretty underwhelming, it crits for 88 on the level 33 swordbearer. Why couldn't they give us a few higher impact guns this DLC? The high fire rate ones are no fun.

I started getting my Legendary FWC gear. I didn't realize I had so many crucible marks, close to 200 and that I had enough rank to buy gauntlets and leggings. Bumped me to lvl 26. I've only been playing a few weeks and have only finished main story and done nothing but pvp, getting slightly better. I think I'll try my hand at some strikes. I just barely started doing daily heroic.

I did a search about raids and it looks like you pretty much have to try and schedule to join via a forum, is that right? Seems odd.

I have been playing since January 1st-ish and I am a level 29. Starting to think about getting into a clan/group and raid.

I started getting my Legendary FWC gear. I didn't realize I had so many crucible marks, close to 200 and that I had enough rank to buy gauntlets and leggings. Bumped me to lvl 26. I've only been playing a few weeks and have only finished main story and done nothing but pvp, getting slightly better. I think I'll try my hand at some strikes. I just barely started doing daily heroic.

I did a search about raids and it looks like you pretty much have to try and schedule to join via a forum, is that right? Seems odd.

I started January 9th and have been spending way too much time in this game. Level 31 warlock, level 30 Titan, and level 26 Hunter. I've played about 10 Crucible matches. So pretty much 1% pvp, 99% pve for me. I like being able to choose.

For raids, unless you are already in a clan that plays Destiny, LFG websites like destinylfg.net will probably be your best bet. I've heard good and bad stories about people hooking up on these websites, but I think that's what most people do. I'm lucky to have about five friends that started Destiny about the time I did. This, in combination with [H] member glzeus here has been how I have been raiding.

I have been playing since January 1st-ish and I am a level 29. Starting to think about getting into a clan/group and raid.

If you have enough marks, you should try and obtain some vanguard gloves/boots as they are the cheapest to get you to at least 30-31 if you have exotic helm and some sort of chest piece.

I am working getting there. I need accomodation medals or Vanguard or FWC.

http://destinydb.com/guardians/playstation/2305843009263858500-marbles21

Its those darn Ascendant Shards holding me back, they are a grind to get'em.

I've found that using the public event finder website on the moon and travelling between the three main zones gets me the most shards per hour played.

Also, running the dailies each day can net you 2 or 3 ascendant shards / energies in the level 30 version. I think you can get 1 on the level 26 version.

I use destinylfg.net quite a bit since most of friends have dropped off the game since the DLC. I have had pretty good luck with it. Just post that you are new to the raid and I'm sure someone will understand and guide you through it.

Try finding a group that will run normal mode vault of glass with you. That place is ascendant shards/energies galore. If I could give you some I would. I have over 400 shards :( and nothing to use them on.

Wow! That's just from clearing all raid modes every week? Or were you part of that loot cave special in the early weeks?

Ahh, I was under the impression it was a high chance of purple engrams.

I think it may have for the first day or so, but after it got popular there is speculation that Bungie nerfed the global drop rates of purple engrams before removing the cave completely a week or two later. So for most people the cave gave a bunch of blues.

As far as raiding for ascendant materials, you get a bunch for each run. I believe there are 4 checkpoint drops and 4 chest drops in the vault that have a chance to give materials so that's a chance of 16 materials for normal difficulty. You can then run it on hard and get another set of drops at each checkpoint.

Wow! That's just from clearing all raid modes every week? Or were you part of that loot cave special in the early weeks?

Clearing all raid modes (I have 3 characters) so that netted me quite a bit of shards and energies. Also, lots and lots of raid armors I didn't need that dismantled into shards/energies.

Secret chests in the raid also drop shards/energies every time as well.

Clearing all raid modes (I have 3 characters) so that netted me quite a bit of shards and energies. Also, lots and lots of raid armors I didn't need that dismantled into shards/energies.

Secret chests in the raid also drop shards/energies every time as well.

This game is such a damn time sink! As I was leveling up my first character, I didn't understand how people could be dedicated enough with this game to make three different characters, much less three of the same characters. Once I found out about the weekly allowance mechanic, I pretty much had to create a secondary and third. Granted, it takes less combined time to level up your second and third characters to 30 than it does your first. But once they are close to level 30, it's three characters every single week that you are trying to max out their shard / energy collecting capabilities.

Our group finally took out Atheon last night and I was a lucky recipient of Visions of Confluence. It feels no where near as powerful as my fully upgraded Badger, but possibly it just needs some upgrading.

Then we spent 2 hours in Crota and found a chests. The thrall part sucked!

Vision of confluence/Fatebringer are both still very very solid weapons to use even in The Dark Below.

Solar damage primary weapons are very good, Vision of Confluence is one of the best weapons in the game, capped at 300 or not.

Fatebringer's percs alone make it amazing, Field Scout/Firefly/High-Impact on an arc damage primary makes it one of the best weapons to have been developed so far.

I still use both frequently and probably won't give them up until the House of Wolves guns raise the damage cap again.

Gah, I rolled the dice on an exotic engram from Xur and got Hunter gloves... I'm a Warlock. I'll add it to my collection of Hunter chestpiece and cloak... ugh

Story of every warlocks life. Everything seems to decrypt to hunter gear at the most inopportune times.

Gah, I rolled the dice on an exotic engram from Xur and got Hunter gloves... I'm a Warlock. I'll add it to my collection of Hunter chestpiece and cloak... ugh

If they are the "Don't Touch Me" gloves, then you can have fun soloing the first phase of Crota with a bladedancer build, purchased a pair for my hunter this week to do this and other things in solo nightfall's as well.

I've also noticed that the Engram purchased gloves can roll higher numbers at times, so make sure the keep an eye on that before breaking something down.

This is why I have all three character classes. Never lose .

Last week bought two helmet engram needed a titan helm second try bam helm of saint.

All I need are raid chests and I'm 32 on all 3.

Yeah I'm 32 on all my dudes. Keep finding word of crota. I have 4 of those now, and 2-3 fangs of Ir yut. About 3 abyss defiant. I actually think the normal mode crota weapons are way better than all of the hard mode stuff.

Yeah I'm 32 on all my dudes. Keep finding word of crota. I have 4 of those now, and 2-3 fangs of Ir yut. About 3 abyss defiant. I actually think the normal mode crota weapons are way better than all of the hard mode stuff.

RNG hates me! I had to play so hard my son has same time in as me and has two 32's and twice the exotics I have.

I'm stuck at 31 on all my characters as well. Warlock and Titan need gauntlets, Hunter needs boots. I have exotics for multiple slots, but those are what I need to easily hit 32. Here's hoping this week's reset is kinder to me than last week.

Just downed Crota on hard mode on the very first attempt with a completely random group I put together from DestinyLFG. That's a first.

RNG hates me! I had to play so hard my son has same time in as me and has two 32's and twice the exotics I have.

that's why I am taking a break. got fed up with sinking hours into it and getting nothing in return. the gun play is fun, but my patience for the grind has worn out, finally. i'll give it a few months and then try again.

Only thing I'm missing from the raid is the crux and the helmets for titan and warlock. Other than that there is not much reason for me to do hard mode. I though helms were supposed to be an easier drop in hard mode? I keep finding freaking weapons. Sigh.

Back