Destiny - Discussion Thread

Because it makes sense to correct I'm to im?
But let's get back on topic: WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? What's your point? You won't be changing anyone's mind...
It seems like you are an anti-shill, doing everything you can to badmouth a game millions are enjoying simply to compensate for your buyer's remorse. So you bought a game you didn't enjoy (though, you spent 10 hours in the game). It happens. If you've been gaming a lot, it's happened to you before and it will happen again. Why spend hours of your time complaining to people who don't agree with you? What's the end-game here?

Because it makes sense to correct I'm to im?
But let's get back on topic: WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? What's your point? You won't be changing anyone's mind...
It seems like you are an anti-shill, doing everything you can to badmouth a game millions are enjoying simply to compensate for your buyer's remorse. So you bought a game you didn't enjoy (though, you spent 10 hours in the game). It happens. If you've been gaming a lot, it's happened to you before and it will happen again. Why spend hours of your time complaining to people who don't agree with you? What's the end-game here?

Because severe misinformation is being posted in posts that quote mine. I stated that there was already a significant amount of grind in the game without creating multiple characters just to allow yourself to run a raid lockout an additional time and ref came back saying there is no grind in the game, which is 100% inaccurate. Quoting me and saying something that is completely wrong is going to get a response from just about anyone.

And yet your the person who hasnt countered a single thing regarding the grind lmfao. You havent justified your "no grind" statement when i pointed out over and over again the fallacy in it. Brilliant this one

I was actually referring to the grind you were "quoting" which is how he has two characters at near or similar levels. Hence why I was talking about transferring items over to the next character.

I have not once talked about getting to 20 -- it's not a big "grind", it's there though. But referring to the quote that you quoted -- when you transfer your items over you skip ALL the strike playlists and needing to grind ANY bounties once you hit 20. Re-read what I quoted. You just pass on the items and your other character is that level for you to use. It's no different from a game like Diablo where I pass along any items I have to another character -- the only difference is that it would be of a different class. But the grind in Diablo is even higher than in this game.

Before you hit 20, you would do the story mode with the bounties that are given to you -- you hit level 20 pretty quickly doing what the game already provides you with. Just like EVERY single other rpg out there.

You referenced Final Fantasy as a non-grind game -- when multiple people can chime in on just how grindy Final Fantasy games are and can be.

Ball's in your court.

Because severe misinformation is being posted in posts that quote mine. I stated that there was already a significant amount of grind in the game without creating multiple characters just to allow yourself to run a raid lockout an additional time and ref came back saying there is no grind in the game, which is 100% inaccurate. Quoting me and saying something that is completely wrong is going to get a response from just about anyone.

False.
You've been raging about Destiny for pages and pages, long before grinding was ever mentioned. I'm thinking maybe you're a Sunset Overdrive or Halo shill...;)

I was actually referring to the grind you were "quoting" which is how he has two characters at near or similar levels. Hence why I was talking about transferring items over to the next character.

I have not once talked about getting to 20 -- it's not a big "grind", it's there though. But referring to the quote that you quoted -- when you transfer your items over you skip ALL the strike playlists and needing to grind ANY bounties once you hit 20. Re-read what I quoted. You just pass on the items and your other character is that level for you to use. It's no different from a game like Diablo where I pass along any items I have to another character -- the only difference is that it would be of a different class. But the grind in Diablo is even higher than in this game.

Before you hit 20, you would do the story mode with the bounties that are given to you -- you hit level 20 pretty quickly doing what the game already provides you with. Just like EVERY single other rpg out there.

You referenced Final Fantasy as a non-grind game -- when multiple people can chime in on just how grindy Final Fantasy games are and can be.

Ball's in your court.

The fact that you can pass off items does not change the fact that your running the same thing over and over again which be definition is grind. Diablo 3 is 100% a grind game but at the same time its significantly more interesting because you can actually at all times benefit from having multiple set items or legendary gear. That doesnt exist here because of the limit on exotic equipment that you can even have equipped. 1-20 isnt a grind sure (actually i would argue that seeing as how every single story mission is literally the exact same thing with the exact same fight at the end of it) just in a different location. There is legitimate reward to grinding in diablo 3, especially with the amount of times theyve increased the rate that the rarer items drop, but there is true item synergy which is again something that is absent from Destiny. That is my biggest issue with it, i have a viable exotic primary weapon, and a usable exotic armor piece which really leaves no desire to keep playing. The strike i didnt find near interesting enough to want to just run it for fun.

Crucible irritates me because there are true weapon advantages that you start off with depending on your gear, you dont even have to work for map control or weapon spawns. Which is why i never took it seriously, plus reading reddit would have you believe that the worse performing players get the same amount of loot at the top performers so why even bother? I never even noticed if the rep gain was any different aside from iron banner in win vs loss.

Killing raid bosses with no gauranteed loot didnt give me any motivation to do it anymore when there is a chance i would spend hours and get very little except maybe a few upgrade mats. D3 could have similiar things by the rerolling of gear made more items more viable than they would otherwise be and the mats were needed for that which made every legendary piece you find a potential significant upgrade even if you just used it for mats.

The fact that you can pass off items does not change the fact that your running the same thing over and over again which be definition is grind. Diablo 3 is 100% a grind game but at the same time its significantly more interesting because you can actually at all times benefit from having multiple set items or legendary gear. That doesnt exist here because of the limit on exotic equipment that you can even have equipped. 1-20 isnt a grind sure (actually i would argue that seeing as how every single story mission is literally the exact same thing with the exact same fight at the end of it) just in a different location. There is legitimate reward to grinding in diablo 3, especially with the amount of times theyve increased the rate that the rarer items drop, but there is true item synergy which is again something that is absent from Destiny. That is my biggest issue with it, i have a viable exotic primary weapon, and a usable exotic armor piece which really leaves no desire to keep playing. The strike i didnt find near interesting enough to want to just run it for fun.

Crucible irritates me because there are true weapon advantages that you start off with depending on your gear, you dont even have to work for map control or weapon spawns. Which is why i never took it seriously, plus reading reddit would have you believe that the worse performing players get the same amount of loot at the top performers so why even bother? I never even noticed if the rep gain was any different aside from iron banner in win vs loss.

Killing raid bosses with no gauranteed loot didnt give me any motivation to do it anymore when there is a chance i would spend hours and get very little except maybe a few upgrade mats. D3 could have similiar things by the rerolling of gear made more items more viable than they would otherwise be and the mats were needed for that which made every legendary piece you find a potential significant upgrade even if you just used it for mats.

I'm going to have to agree with you on some of your points. But I have stated before -- Destiny started off the exact same as Diablo 3 did.. which I find really stupid since they're under the same umbrella corporation now. You would have thought that Blizzard could have taught them a thing or two.

But because it IS like how Diablo 3 started in some ways I see Destiny being a much better game in the following months -- I know I still have a huge interest in the game and it'll keep me busy along with MCC and probably Sunset Overdrive.

Destiny isn't for everyone. I guess you and I both can agree on that point.

I'm going to have to agree with you on some of your points. But I have stated before -- Destiny started off the exact same as Diablo 3 did.. which I find really stupid since they're under the same umbrella corporation now. You would have thought that Blizzard could have taught them a thing or two.

But because it IS like how Diablo 3 started in some ways I see Destiny being a much better game in the following months -- I know I still have a huge interest in the game and it'll keep me busy along with MCC and probably Sunset Overdrive.

Destiny isn't for everyone. I guess you and I both can agree on that point.

Believe me i play grinding games, its what i spend most of my gaming doing (I have well over 1500 hours into WoW) But the itemization isnt good enough. Can it be improved? Sure, but in its current state its lackluster.

At least give me a reason to hunt for specific weapons/armor combinations. Even a simple chest armor upgrade that increases fire damage by 5% or something like that, and then a primary weapon that does fire damage. That would at least be enough incentive to hunt for different gear. And to have multiple sets when more raids come out. If one part of the raid enemies are vulnerable to fire damage, then the next area to void damage etc. i would have reason to try and get a matching set of fire and void damage, and then even micromanage what active class i have at the time. That level of depths is what is really missing for me.

Actually the vision of confluence IS a primary weapon that gives just that -- fire damage. Praedyth's timepiece is an arc primary pulse rifle.

Actually the vision of confluence IS a primary weapon that gives just that -- fire damage. Praedyth's timepiece is an arc primary pulse rifle.

Right but that only exists on the primary weapons, there is no synergy with exotic armors. Once you have an exotic armor piece that you use and you think is the best for your playstyle there is no reason to ever change it or even hope for anymore exotic armor drops. Synergy is completely missing in the itemization

Right but that only exists on the primary weapons, there is no synergy with exotic armors. Once you have an exotic armor piece that you use and you think is the best for your playstyle there is no reason to ever change it or even hope for anymore exotic armor drops. Synergy is completely missing in the itemization

Ah, I get what you mean. There seems to only be "passive" synergy with exotics.. the only one that I think that is good for PvP would be the Armamentarium for the Titan alongside a rocket launcher that can hold 3 tubes per reload with heavy payload to increase blast radius. But that isn't synergizing for elemental damage types though.

You would think adding some items with % elemental damage would give the itemization that Destiny would need!

Ah, I get what you mean. There seems to only be "passive" synergy with exotics.. the only one that I think that is good for PvP would be the Armamentarium for the Titan alongside a rocket launcher that can hold 3 tubes per reload with heavy payload to increase blast radius. But that isn't synergizing for elemental damage types though.

You would think adding some items with % elemental damage would give the itemization that Destiny would need!

Thats why my interest in the game dropped off. Ive played well over 600 hours in dota 2 (and have done really well for the amount of hours ive put into it) and its because it is a very complicated game that requires constant adaption to not only your enemies but even down to the items that they buy for you to counter. Im not saying destiny has to be to that level of complexity but its loot system (which has well known issues, some of which were fixed) needs an extra level of depth. The stats seem like a total afterthought, and there arent any 2 exotic pieces that "work together". Ive moved away from FPS lately and more towards strategy (Dota, Total war series etc.) because i got tired of mindless shooters (another reason why i dont take the MP too seriously) but i was hoping for some depth in its items, way more than what they offered. Fix that and id be playing again.

Right now i dont have enough incentive to keep grinding, and thats where it fails at hooking me.

Most of the Exotic armor isn't meant to complement other Legendary armors, just the classes. For Warlock there is the Voidfang Vestments, which give an extra Axiom bolt from your grenades or the Armatarian (sp?) for the Titan will give an extra grenade, more special ammo and heavy ammo. I think you guys were already touching on that but I figured I would give an example or two for those that don't know.
I am still looking for the Warlock Heart of Praxic Fire as I almost primarily play Sunsinger. I have Voidfang from a Nightfall strike but I hardly ever wear it.

It is true having the two characters of the same class is great for trying for Raid gear and that is one small reason I did it. I did it mostly to double up on bounties as most of them can be completed in an hours time. It allows me to level up my weapons and armor faster. I have an abundance of primary weapons I am leveling. Spice is life I guess. I am a bit of a completionist so I am working on my Bonuses.
I worked towards 150 marks last night to Buy a Legendary Hand Cannon as the only weapons left that do not have an XP bonus are hand cannons and shotguns. I will be using those primarily for awhile until I can complete the bonuses on those.
Got my Grimiore score up to 2200 on Sunday by going around and finding some ghosts and I even got two ghosts that are in a hidden area you are not suppose to be in currently. One of those DLC on disc places, lol.
Raising those bonuses also raises your Score and that is why I am going to work on getting Hand Cannon and Shotguns up.

I am no longer going to respond to other posts that are not on subject or just bitching posts. Just posting stuff that might be helpful towards others. I can no longer get to the Destiny forums at work since our work found some new websense/blocker program and have locked out all game related sites.

Jesus, what the hell happened here?

troy-barnes.gif

Did the VoG last night in record time, a little bit over an hour. Was great! But no raid gear :(. I did however land two praedyths revenge

Good God, man.

Your != You're

/thread. You win the debate!!

And I'm considering swinging into this Destiny thing tonight to check it out. Though I did make a pact with myself, no more video game purchases until I get through the pile of PS3 games I currently have. Decisions decisions...

Windows phone has NEVER corrected im to I'm, thats one that it has always ignored. Yeah ok lets assume you know exactly how my phone behaves :rolleyes: This sub has and always will be a joke so long as people like you exist on it. Lets not forget that libraries in phones are actually user programmable and in fact, change their behavior especially in auto correct based on previous choices that you make.

I'm posting from a Windows Phone. It's auto correcting just fine. Your phone that you're using apparently isn't. You should've taken your phone in when you first noticed that it was fucking up, they would've fixed it for you. My phone must like apostrophes. Your phone probably doesn't.

I'm posting from a Windows Phone. It's auto correcting just fine. Your phone that you're using apparently isn't. You should've taken your phone in when you first noticed that it was fucking up, they would've fixed it for you. My phone must like apostrophes. Your phone probably doesn't.

Libraries are user programmable and modifiable...what part of that isnt clear? It changes its behavior based on your choices which means at some point in time i selected that specific correction for youre and thats what it learned to use

Thread has gone to utter shit. As usual per Vlad.

A bit pissed by the boss changes.

And yet it wasn't even me who caused it. Ref quoted me saying something that was 100% false and then proceeded to bitch over and over again without ever justifying what he said and constantly saying that i was the one who was posting pointless bs. it wasnt until 3 pages later that ref clarified his no grinding statement when i mentioned it repeatedly. Get over it

Did they un fuck the servers earlier kept getting dumped back to orbit on Xbox one and Ps users were having same issue after today's update. And I was enjoying my damn pumpkin head.

Last edited:
Gave Crucible a go for the first time in about a month. It doesn't seem like the netcode has been improved at all, and the matchmaking is still "find 12 random players who want to play and throw them in together"... region, player-level and skill-level be damned.

Worst for me was that I reached the Nexus on Nightfall (was playing solo) and server booted me. Was so pissed. However, was an easy fix since 2 friends joined and we wtfpwnt that Nexus idiot in 15 minutes tops.

I'm really hoping I can get one or two pieces depending from the raid this week. I can basically hit level 30 instantly.

It's not overly bad compared to "3 maps for $15" deals for other shooters. But DLC is DLC, wish they got rid of that and came out with legitimate expansion packs like the old days on PC.

But since the industry has already shifted to DLC, this content is more "reasonable" than most shooters to date.

Honestly, between a full time job and other responsibilities, I kind of feel like it's moving a bit fast. Level cap is already getting raised and there's more shit to repeat everyday/week. Yea, the game's slim on unique content - but I still plunk all my free time on it when I can just grinding mats and doing daily/weekly activities. My characters are at 29, 28, and 26 right now. Kind of feel like I should just chill until the dlc drops. I heard there's going to be different materials too... so why bother trying to accumulate shards/energies? Hopefully that isn't the case.

I get it, MMO gear gets outdated etc., but I feel like 3 months is a bit hasty. Or maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.

Honestly, between a full time job and other responsibilities, I kind of feel like it's moving a bit fast. Level cap is already getting raised and there's more shit to repeat everyday/week. Yea, the game's slim on unique content - but I still plunk all my free time on it when I can just grinding mats and doing daily/weekly activities. My characters are at 29, 28, and 26 right now. Kind of feel like I should just chill until the dlc drops. I heard there's going to be different materials too... so why bother trying to accumulate shards/energies? Hopefully that isn't the case.

I get it, MMO gear gets outdated etc., but I feel like 3 months is a bit hasty. Or maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.

I see where you're coming from. My characters are 29,28, and 28 (spare gear for second hunter). I still need to hit level 30, but after that it'll just be waiting for the next expansion aside from playing crucible (which I still enjoy quite a bit -- been on the backburner though as I'm collecting mats and getting gear.)

Found a Mida Multi-Tool last night!

They have to deploy new gear so that they can compete with the new games coming out for the holidays.

I am with you, I have a 29/29 and a 28, still have only one piece of raid gear each and no vision of confluence, Atheons Epi or Monte Carlo, so I have bunch of stuff to do before the DLC comes out. I think the content we have right now is good at least for 1-2 months and thats with playing 20+ hours a week.

It feels hasty to me as well, but when the original content was so thin and underwhelming, Bungie had to be hasty with its DLC.

I wonder how pricing is going to work in the future. If they release one of these DLC every three months at $20 a pop, it's going to get expensive for new comers to the game. If a new player buys the original game, wants to level past 30, are they expected to pay $20 for each three levels of content?

I'm hoping they'll start bundling these DLCs together or at least offer them as timed DLC.

Found a Mida Multi-Tool last night!
Cool, I have yet to find that one. There was some argument over if that little radar on the side of the gun was actually pointing to chests and what not.
Some people sear it works where others do not. Got that mostly from reddit, so take it with a grain of salt.
Against my better wishes, I got sucked into doing a raid last night. I don't like getting pulled in at the last minute to do the raid. The only reason I am going into now is to have a chance at getting some boots. I believe they updated the Adds at the Templar area.
We were not communicating properly and by the time it was 11 a good team member kept getting disconnected over and over again so when you zone back in, it automatically zones you in dead in a spot that is impossible to revive if no one stays up at the top. We soon quit and I went and did the two target bounties.
I had already done the Nightfall, Weekly and Daily before starting the Raid. God help you if you do not have Void weapons with the Nightfall this time around. It was the only time I will ever use that useless gun Atheon's Epilogue. The Void burn is a nice buff but certain things can almost one shot you.

They definitely made the "safe" spot for the nexus a lot harder. I just did it with my brother and friend and stayed at the top where one would look out for the praetorian and we sniped him down. I still need an Atheon's Epilogue, my brother and friend were burning through the nightfall! I had to settle with my Praedyth's Revenge.

I still need to do the weekly on two of my characters, otherwise nightfall is already done.

Yep, time to switch the weapons into the Vault and take my other two characters through the trenches, lol.
We did the same thing, stay up top. I am sorry but Bungie knew people were going to stay up there, otherwise they wouldn't have put that Praetorian up there to begin with, lol.
All three of my weapons that I was using had Void damage. I was the only one with a Void sniper so I was busy taking out the boss while they watched for the Praetorian and I would turn around and help when it came out.
My sniper was doing around 7500 damage every shot to his face. Didn't take long to take him down.

It feels hasty to me as well, but when the original content was so thin and underwhelming, Bungie had to be hasty with its DLC.

I wonder how pricing is going to work in the future. If they release one of these DLC every three months at $20 a pop, it's going to get expensive for new comers to the game. If a new player buys the original game, wants to level past 30, are they expected to pay $20 for each three levels of content?

I'm hoping they'll start bundling these DLCs together or at least offer them as timed DLC.

Either that or theyll have to go MMO style and drop the price of the initial game drastically. Or as you said bundle them together. Wow you can buy the first 3 expansions for pretty much dirt cheap

Back