Destiny - Discussion Thread

It is simple guys.

If you have the worst luck and can't get a legendary armor drop then.

Get highest level blue armor ( starts with 13 light) and max them out, also grab strange coins from missions and weeklies.

Wait for Xur to show up, buy one piece of exotic armor for your class. Once you get a bit experience, you should be level 25 now.

From then on do strike playlists, crucible, bounties and Raid. First legendary will bump you to 26, second will bump you to 27, third will bump you to 28 and leveling them up will get you to 29.

After 29, you have to play the raid and get raid armor to get to 30.

Also don't forget, sometimes you'll get 2 legendary armor drops in the same mission and your one legendary one exotic hunter will become fully equipped within minutes.

Except for the fact my hunter has been stuck at 29 for a few weeks now. I've only gotten weapons and some raid gear. If I find a chest that means I'll need the boots to get 30. Otherwise I need boots badly so I can utilize my exotic piece

Except for the fact my hunter has been stuck at 29 for a few weeks now. I've only gotten weapons and some raid gear. If I find a chest that means I'll need the boots to get 30. Otherwise I need boots badly so I can utilize my exotic piece

I am stuck at Level 29 with all 3 characters as well but I am not sweating it. It is a small difference and more of a bragging right to be 30 anyways. It only helps when you are doing the Raid in Hard mode and by the time you are 30, You dont need raid in hard mode anyways.

Never had a problem. I have been doing this for the past month. Sometimes the Forgotten Shore event doesn't happen, only means that by the 10th or 40th minute on the hour, you have to break for the Divide.

If you sit at the bottom of the barrens on mars, where the vex and cabal are fighting, 3 events will happen in an hour. You can do the kill vex/cabal missions while you hang out and gain vanguard rep, or farm iron relics in the area or just kill the vex and cabal, since they spawn indefinitely (if you sit at the top of the hill atop the cave where the vex come out).
This way its not as boring, theres always something to do while waiting...

If you sit at the bottom of the barrens on mars, where the vex and cabal are fighting, 3 events will happen in an hour. You can do the kill vex/cabal missions while you hang out and gain vanguard rep, or farm iron relics in the area or just kill the vex and cabal, since they spawn indefinitely (if you sit at the top of the hill atop the cave where the vex come out).

I've been milking this area for "kill X on mars" and pub events for a few weeks. It's worked out well for me. The drop there suck (no purples yet, lots of green trash and the same damn blue machine gun like 15 times), but the spawn rates are good enough to balance.

I am stuck at Level 29 with all 3 characters as well but I am not sweating it. It is a small difference and more of a bragging right to be 30 anyways. It only helps when you are doing the Raid in Hard mode and by the time you are 30, You dont need raid in hard mode anyways.

To be stuck at 29 for weeks on end due to a flawed mechanic on how to get to max level is annoying to say the least. It's not about skill, its not even about the amount of time you put in. It's all luck -- my friend was able to get all 3 pieces of raid gear he needed in one go (in his pug raid). I've gotten energy/shards and weapons and rarely do I even see a piece of raid gear ever drop.

I guess a Gjallarhorn is a pretty decent consolation prize.

To be stuck at 29 for weeks on end due to a flawed mechanic on how to get to max level is annoying to say the least. It's not about skill, its not even about the amount of time you put in. It's all luck -- my friend was able to get all 3 pieces of raid gear he needed in one go (in his pug raid). I've gotten energy/shards and weapons and rarely do I even see a piece of raid gear ever drop.

I guess a Gjallarhorn is a pretty decent consolation prize.

Maybe Bungie and Activision thought of an ingenius loot scheme.

The player who plays the less amount gets higher chances of legendary drops.
How so?

A player who plays half the time is more likely to spend less effort or less complaints on the game then one who works his ass off in. Haha

I did a whole heap of Public Events today and didn't get one single ascendant material. The people in the area though, THEY got them every time.

I'm over this fucking game. Am officially moving on.

In 1.5 hours of playing tonight... I got 2 Genghis-E machine guns. GOD I hate that gun...

FYI, I was able to fix my not being able to communicate error I was having. I have a Netgear wireless router connected to my DSL modem, which is also a combo modem/wireless router. I have the DSL modem wireless disabled, but it still had UPnP enabled. The Netgear also had UPnP enabled, so there may have been some kind of conflict going on. I used this troubleshooting guide - Xbox One NAT Error Troubleshooting to help diagnose the problem. Still had to log into both of my devices and muck around with settings, but I now have an open channel to communicate with team members.

In 1.5 hours of playing tonight... I got 2 Genghis-E machine guns. GOD I hate that gun...

I finally broke down and decide to use the Solar variant of it. it's meh, but I might as well put a few rounds through it before I shard it away. I for one I am tired of getting Knight 4 helms. I could use some new gauntlets, but I suspect I will have earned enough marks to buy the legendary ones from the vanguard venders before I see a better than lvl 16 set drop.

I finally broke down and decide to use the Solar variant of it. it's meh, but I might as well put a few rounds through it before I shard it away. I for one I am tired of getting Knight 4 helms. I could use some new gauntlets, but I suspect I will have earned enough marks to buy the legendary ones from the vanguard venders before I see a better than lvl 16 set drop.

Yea, I've given up on luck and am grinding FWC rep and crucible marks. Having just hit FWC lvl2, I just grabbed the FWC purple chest piece to go with the ONE legendary (helmet) I'd found before. I am beginning to suspect that this is the fast track to better gear, not waiting for engrams.
And to be clear, I'm not advocating the FWC gear over the Vanguard stuff, I just like the way it looks. :D

So there is an article talking about the new expansion that says the new story missions are actually along the lines of Exotic Bounty quests, where you have specific tasks on different planets w/ named mini-bosses and then culminating w/ a final task in the new strike.

Not buying this trash.

I was excited. I had a legendary engram drop last night, and it wound up being a useless Warlock Bond. I ran my first VOG last night, and got a shader and shards as my rewards. I have luck, it just isn't very good.

Too little for my taste. In my cycle the events will happen at following times on the hour:
7-8th minute
15th minute
30th minute
37-38th minute
45th minute
60th minute

6 events in an hour + 3-4 minutes.

Ive finally maxed out my blue gear. All level 20s with 15 light a piece. Which places me a little over half way to level 25.

I figure, screw it all, grind the bounties and grind crucible, by this weekend, I'll have level 2 on Vangaurd and Crucible placing me with reach of legendary so I can do the vault of glass.

Ive finally maxed out my blue gear. All level 20s with 15 light a piece. Which places me a little over half way to level 25.

I figure, screw it all, grind the bounties and grind crucible, by this weekend, I'll have level 2 on Vangaurd and Crucible placing me with reach of legendary so I can do the vault of glass.

Vanguard gear, upgraded to the first ascendant shard, but not maxed out, will take you to 27.
Do not waste shards on maxing vanguard gear, get them to that and then save your shards for the raid gear or Xur (or any) exotic gear.

Maxing vanguard gear will get you to 2/5 lvl 28, and is a waste of ascendant shards. Pump the exotics instead.

I just rolled all the last two pieces I need for 30 on my Titan on my Sunday raid group. Time to get my Hunter past 28 and my Warlock past 27, I'll be saving enough shards in case my Titan rolls the raid helm but for now I have Saint-14 and Insurmountable Skullfort to swap between. Was also blessed enough with RNG to roll Vision of Confluence an Plan-C from the same raid.

I wish my Titan's RNG on everyone else, it only took me two consecutive weeks of raiding.

I have finally got Vanguard rank 2.
As well, I received am Exotic Bounty.
I picked the one that gives you an Exotic Hand Cannon named Thorn. Only thing though, is the third mission has me doing crucible and to get 500 points using void damage +5 Void kill , -2 death.
Shnaps.

I don't even have a void damage gun.

So I'm going to have to wait on completing this.

Further note, I chose the Legendary Chest Piece from the Vamgaurd dude.
I've got 15 strange coins, so when XUR comes, I can buy a helmet.
Yay

Vanguard gear, upgraded to the first ascendant shard, but not maxed out, will take you to 27.
Do not waste shards on maxing vanguard gear, get them to that and then save your shards for the raid gear or Xur (or any) exotic gear.

Maxing vanguard gear will get you to 2/5 lvl 28, and is a waste of ascendant shards. Pump the exotics instead.

Can't you hit 29 without any raid gear?

Can't you hit 29 without any raid gear?

Not without an exotic. Only vanguard gear will cap out at lvl 28.
Which is why its a waste to use those rare shards upgrading the vanguard gear. You'll want them to max your exotic, first, and then the raid armor.

Light Level Required +Light
Level 21 21 Light
Level 22 32 Light
Level 23 43 Light
Level 24 54 Light
Level 25 65 Light
Level 26 76 Light
Level 27 87 Light
Level 28 98 Light
Level 29 109 Light
Level 30 120 Light

You get +2 light for each upgrade for a legendary(vanguard)
You get +4 light for each upgrade given to an exotic and raid armor
Exotics start with +21 light, Legendaries AND raid armor start at +19.
With a little math it shouldn't be hard to figure out what you want to upgrade first and how much more you need for next level.

Level 21 21 Light
Level 22 32 Light
Level 23 43 Light
Level 24 54 Light
Level 25 65 Light
Level 26 76 Light
Level 27 87 Light
Level 28 98 Light
Level 29 109 Light
Level 30 120 Light

With a little math it shouldn't be hard to figure out what you want to upgrade first and how much more you need for next level.

Hmm , funny, cause legendary gear is 18, not 19.

Woot finally got crucible level 3 and got 4,400 points on a control points =) Seen one warlock with 7,000+ points on my PS4 list must be really good.

When I turned crucible level 3 got a letter for the post office droid and he gave me a Fair and Square pulse rifle with good stats =)

Now just need to get a legendary auto machine gun I'll be set.

soled this weeks strike level 22 this one was realistic =) still could of done with more rockets used the vehicles on the tank thing.

Exotic bounties come when you hand in enough regular bounties I find. I keep getting them, but the exotic bounties give crappy weapons anyways.

Exotic bounties come when you hand in enough regular bounties I find. I keep getting them, but the exotic bounties give crappy weapons anyways.

Can you verify them being crap or is it crap because of the pain you have to go through to get them?. Lol

I've got this stupid exotic bounty for the hand cannon thorn right now, I figure it'll take a while since I don't have a void gun. Hopefully when I do the vault of glass a Primary Void weapon will drop.

They're all pretty bad save for maybe pocket infinity and invective. The others really need a huge buff.

Exotic bounties are verified to give crap hardware. There are legendaries better than the crap that exotic bounties spew.

Level 21 21 Light
Level 22 32 Light
Level 23 43 Light
Level 24 54 Light
Level 25 65 Light
Level 26 76 Light
Level 27 87 Light
Level 28 98 Light
Level 29 109 Light
Level 30 120 Light

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep this on hand, since I'd like to make educated choices with my gear.

They're all pretty bad save for maybe pocket infinity and invective. The others really need a huge buff.

Heh, I have noticed Pocket Infinity to be one of the worst ones. Ever since they took away the battery upgrade 3 rounds in auto mode is about pointless. My 77 Wizard Fusion rifle is light years better than the PI.
Bad Juju and Super Good Advice on the other hand get some uses from me. I love both of those weapons.
I have dropped the Thorn bounty about 3 times so far since after seeing how bad I am with Void damage in Deathmatch lol.
I wish I could get Thorn, I love the DoT on it.

Heh, I have noticed Pocket Infinity to be one of the worst ones. Ever since they took away the battery upgrade 3 rounds in auto mode is about pointless. My 77 Wizard Fusion rifle is light years better than the PI.
Bad Juju and Super Good Advice on the other hand get some uses from me. I love both of those weapons.
I have dropped the Thorn bounty about 3 times so far since after seeing how bad I am with Void damage in Deathmatch lol.
I wish I could get Thorn, I love the DoT on it.

Haha, I haven't used it after they changed it so I don't know how bad it is now. Bad Juju was my first weapon to get from the bounties and I really really disliked how weak it was. Also the magazine size was TERRIBLE!

I have super good advice but have yet to use it. Icebreaker is just too good to pass up during the raid, even with a nearly maxed our praedyth's revenge.

Pocket infinity is great for crucible, and good for wizards. The short mag sucks but there is a damage reduction on each full auto round fired. With the speed reload it does about the same damage over time compared to pre-nerf.

I disagree regarding both weapons, they're both terrible, it may not be fair to compare Invective to Found Verdict however, they are clearly on an entirely different tier.

All of the Vanguard Missive exotic weapon rewards suck. The only ones that might save some face are those with solar damage, and even then, Super Good Advice can only save some face when fully upgraded.

The work entailed to obtain those sub par weapons is incredible, I abandon all the exotic bounties every time they award me one now, it's a wasted bounty slot right now until the weapons are buffed as promised.

I disagree regarding both weapons, they're both terrible, it may not be fair to compare Invective to Found Verdict however, they are clearly on an entirely different tier.

All of the Vanguard Missive exotic weapon rewards suck. The only ones that might save some face are those with solar damage, and even then, Super Good Advice can only save some face when fully upgraded.

The work entailed to obtain those sub par weapons is incredible, I abandon all the exotic bounties every time they award me one now, it's a wasted bounty slot right now until the weapons are buffed as promised.

Haha I meant out of the bunch, those are probably the only good ones to get, IMO.

I have a Found Verdict, but since I don't use shotguns.. I didn't bother upgrading it at all.

Exotic bounties are verified to give crap hardware. There are legendaries better than the crap that exotic bounties spew.

Not true,
Yes there are better exotics out there, but a lot of people who are hating on the Invective, Bad Juju, Thorn, pocket infinity and Supergood advice don't even have them, let alone have them fully upgraded. These people go straight by other people's opinions and stats of the weapon.
I have Bad juju, Invective, Pocket Infity and Thorn. My friend has his Thorn fully upgraded he is saying it is excellent except a bit slow reload time, I have my bad Juju (fully upgraded) which is a great PVE room clear gun which will get a larger magazine soon. Pocket infinity is good overall and with a fully upgraded Invective ( I have one) you go to a mob....pretty much any mob, you drive the shotgun to his guts, pull the trigger and hold it there. In less than half a second he is dead...pulverized, unless he is a boss plus you keep on regenarating special weapon ammo for free.

Regenerate your ammo with Invective, then use a different weapon with it if ya want. The only shotgun that beats invective is the Found verdict ( I have one as well), which drops from the raid only afaik. The only fusion rifle that is better than Pocket infiity is the Purifier VII which I've got really lucky with the random stats ( Rangefinder and stability).

The weapons you get from exotic bounties do seem to pale in comparison to the exotics you get from Xur, though.

Dat Icebreaker tho.

Back