Destiny - Discussion Thread

How's the game on Xbone guys? I think I may hop on to see how it plays and compare the two later tonight.

How's the game on Xbone guys? I think I may hop on to see how it plays and compare the two later tonight.

Ive been switching between them today on my 55 sharp and I can't tell them apart except the load time on the server end between missions is lower for me on Xbox one. I also played on ps3 and the last gen version sucks after playing on Xbox one and ps4

First I must say thanks to HisSvt76 for the xbox one code.

I haven't put as much time on the xbox one yet. The difference between the PS4 is negligible really. On my TV I had to pick a higher brightness setting compared to the PS4 but I didn't find the difference in colors and blacks to be something I noticed.

The only thing I noticed and it was because I was being nit picky, is the xbox one is a little more jagged which I'm sure has to do with it being 900p vs 1080p. But as far as performance I didn't notice any difference between the two. The release version is supposed to be 1080p so those differences could go away.

Personally I'm going the xbox one version because I like the controller better and I already have a gold account.

Ive been switching between them today on my 55 sharp and I can't tell them apart except the load time on the server end between missions is lower for me on Xbox one. I also played on ps3 and the last gen version sucks after playing on Xbox one and ps4

Oh damn. That may mean overall better pings during in-game play on the XB1?

Bungie had already said there won't be any differences and that they ate aiming for complete parity between all versions of the game.

So no, they are not taking advantage of the PS4s extra power and there will likely be no differences between the two.

I'd be interested to see comparisons but I doubt it's much of anything. Then again we don't really know because the Beta is 900p. But Bungie was pretty clear in their statement.

I still find it stupid that their reasoning behind ps3/ps4 not having cross play is because of draw distances and that they don't want people to think that there was some sort of advantage because they are on next gen systems.

If that were the case, why hinder the next gen systems at all? Just let them run at the higher frame rates that I'm certain they could be run at.

Biggest gripe is the lack of 60fps for a shooter. But I guess that's par for the course when it comes to a Bungie game I am told.

My only current gripes are the lack of communication options in game and the race selection being purely aesthetic. The classes feel a little bland as well but I'm reserving judgement till I reach max level in the full game.

My only current gripes are the lack of communication options in game and the race selection being purely aesthetic. The classes feel a little bland as well but I'm reserving judgement till I reach max level in the full game.

I was in a coop game yesterday, screaming in my headset thinking my teammates could hear me, lol.

Can they not hear me? Or were they just ignoring me? :D

Just a PSA for people wanting codes. Instead of asking on here, just go preorder the game at Amazon. You should get your code immediately. Amazon doesn't charge you until the game ships, so you can always cancel if you decide you don't want the game.

Anyone have a PS3 code? Buying a PS4 in a month, so don't want to buy the PS3 version or just work the system.

so are the rumors of a March 2015 PC release date true?...this looks like a really cool game

Last edited:
Anyone tried the 360 version? I haven't jumped to the new consoles yet, since nothing worthwhile has been released on them yet that can't be had on the older consoles and the PC.

Anyone tried the 360 version? I haven't jumped to the new consoles yet, since nothing worthwhile has been released on them yet that can't be had on the older consoles and the PC.

I've been playing the 360 beta since the 22nd. It plays well with only slight hints of slowdown during intense fights. Graphics-wise it looks good but obviously the new gen consoles have a much cleaner look. If I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 soon I would have per-ordered the 360 version based on my beta gameplay.

so are the rumors of a March 2015 PC release date true?...this looks like a really cool game

one VERY VERY shady site claimed that it was on steamDB and said march 2015.

other websites all flocked and said MARCH 2015!

there was never any listing on steamDB, and the websites parroting it are stupid as can be. the rumor spread really quickly.

I really wish there was a PC version/date too.

I've been playing the 360 beta since the 22nd. It plays well with only slight hints of slowdown during intense fights. Graphics-wise it looks good but obviously the new gen consoles have a much cleaner look. If I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 soon I would have per-ordered the 360 version based on my beta gameplay.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple of friends who would be very into this type of game and they have 360s at the moment.

I just played the 360 version after having played the XB1 version for the past few days. The only difference is visuals obviously. One thing I thought was nice was that going on the xbox 360 was where I left off the the XB1 version.

So if someone started playing on the Xbox 360 and moved up the XB1 they wouldn't have to start over. Or if someone had an XB1 version and wanted to play the 360 version with some friends they won't have to start over.

I still think this game should have cross-play. Granted I only played the xbox 360 version for maybe an hour, I don't see how the better visuals would be that much of an advantage.

I just played the 360 version after having played the XB1 version for the past few days. The only difference is visuals obviously. One thing I thought was nice was that going on the xbox 360 was where I left off the the XB1 version.

So if someone started playing on the Xbox 360 and moved up the XB1 they wouldn't have to start over. Or if someone had an XB1 version and wanted to play the 360 version with some friends they won't have to start over.

I still think this game should have cross-play. Granted I only played the xbox 360 version for maybe an hour, I don't see how the better visuals would be that much of an advantage.

I like that you can switch over with same character.

This cross play thing I can see the problem in the draw distance on Xbox one I made far farther sniping shots than on 360 because of the draw distance.

[del]It's a little late, but I just noticed that I have 2 more codes in my e-mail. One for PS3 and one for PS4, both for the Americas.[/del]

If you play the beta tomorrow between 14:00 - 18:00 PDT, you will get "a permanent, exclusive in-game reward" in the final retail version. So even if they open up the beta, it's worth it to get into the beta by tomorrow.

Don't send me a PM because the beta is now open to all!

Last edited:
It's a little late, but I just noticed that I have 2 more codes in my e-mail. One for PS3 and one for PS4, both for the Americas. Send me a PM if interested. Hopefully they still work.

If you play the beta tomorrow between 14:00 - 18:00 PDT, you will get "a permanent, exclusive in-game reward" in the final retail version. So even if they open up the beta, it's worth it to get into the beta by tomorrow.

PM sent.

No codes necessary anymore.
It's been opened to everyone. Search the store for 'Destiny Beta'.
This man speaks the truth. I missed that news... I already sent Kryptorchild a code. So if it doesn't work, that's why ;).

I was initially thrilled with Destiny, but now having played to the level cap I'm not so sure.

a) The weapons are bland as fuck. I was expecting Borderlands style of variety. Weapons having various effects and projectile types that really changed how you played with them. I see absolutely none of that in Destiny.

b) The partitioning of weapons is pretty annoying. A pistol is a primary weapon? Jesus, just give me three or four slots to do with as I please. It leads me to believe the weapons are going to be pretty bland throughout the game. In Borderlands you could have four pistols and yet be four totally different weapons.

c) The character classes are all practically identical. I know that their L1+R1 powers are a little different, and I haven't seen each class to the ultimate level cap, but looking at the skill trees they all pretty much look the same.

I know it isn't Borderlands 3, but it sure is trying to channel some of the BL magic with the guns.

What do you guys think? I haven't been following pre-release media for the game. Am I wrong about these things? Have they shown trailers that show more variety?

It's because the crucible right now doesn't have iron banner where items actually matter. Everything is normalized so everyone is on equal terms.

I did dominate an iron banner game with a 39 dmg automatic rifle when there was a better 51dmg I didn't know about.

I was initially thrilled with Destiny, but now having played to the level cap I'm not so sure.

a) The weapons are bland as fuck. I was expecting Borderlands style of variety. Weapons having various effects and projectile types that really changed how you played with them. I see absolutely none of that in Destiny.

b) The partitioning of weapons is pretty annoying. A pistol is a primary weapon? Jesus, just give me three or four slots to do with as I please. It leads me to believe the weapons are going to be pretty bland throughout the game. In Borderlands you could have four pistols and yet be four totally different weapons.

c) The character classes are all practically identical. I know that their L1+R1 powers are a little different, and I haven't seen each class to the ultimate level cap, but looking at the skill trees they all pretty much look the same.

I know it isn't Borderlands 3, but it sure is trying to channel some of the BL magic with the guns.

What do you guys think? I haven't been following pre-release media for the game. Am I wrong about these things? Have they shown trailers that show more variety?

They've said there will be about a million different guns in the game.......so what ever that actually means. Toons might seem bland, but we're not seeing the all the specialzations yet.

I found a button in the Tower that says Activate Fan with square.

when I press it it does nothing.

also found 2 dead ghosts that you can activate in the Tower.

found 6+ crates on the moon as well, and some "helium flaments"

there is a LOT more places to the moon than that 15 minute mission.

edit:

so there is a lot more to explore than the one mission. theres a huge area if you keep exploring with your vehicle. when you get to the end of the area there is a building, this building is FUUCCCKING huge, i just spent an hour+ there.

there are a lot of blocked doors inside, lots of hidden pathways. I killed two level 12 "yellow" guardians. some drop ships came, lots of wizards and other things.

i found a blue CRYPTID 4.6.2 gauntlets req lvl 10 61 defense +32 intellect that Melee hits replenish grenade energy and Increased reload speed w/ pulse rifles
and a blue Jade rabbit insignia (emblem), heavy weapon, 57 dmg shotgun and a few other things

Last edited:
After a bit of a draught I finally got a good Scout Rifle again, the Jigoku SR3 with "Red Dot-ORS" and "Return To Sender" (kills replenishes ammo). And with that.. I'm done. Played too much of this. Still not convinced there's anything special about this game, but I'll want to play through the story once (with people if possible -- but unlikely if no matchmaking) at least, and try all the strikes.

Honestly, for something that they're selling as this grand ambitious vision, it feels kind of small.

The game is pretty awesome. A lot of hype, and I'm not seeing it. It is exceeding my expectations, though. Mostly because I was expecting a Halo-ish clone. I'm having a lot of fun, and I will buy the game. It's not the greatest game ever, like many have tried selling it as, but it's a good game.

So can someone tell me are sniper rifles just "special" weapons? I love the sniepr rifles but I NEVER have that much ammo and usually hardly use them because of this.

Literally go into a mission and I have like 10 rounds and that's it. I am lucky to find a speical pick up for them but it gives literlaly like a few rounds if at that.

Just never feel like I can use it when I want becuase of hte limitation.

So can someone tell me are sniper rifles just "special" weapons? I love the sniepr rifles but I NEVER have that much ammo and usually hardly use them because of this.

Literally go into a mission and I have like 10 rounds and that's it. I am lucky to find a speical pick up for them but it gives literlaly like a few rounds if at that.

Just never feel like I can use it when I want becuase of hte limitation.

Yeah, it's a special weapon & it's limited on ammo. I only use special weapons on bosses or if I'm in a bind.

Back