Destiny - Discussion Thread

Thanks, will research the 300 artifact. I only have a 272 artifact. I am not getting any blues above 290 that I remember but yes, I infused my 280s to get to 290 total. I still have some crap in 270s and 280s and some in 295+ to get the total 290 score.

I asked this earlier in the thread but can't seem to find my post to see the responses... what do you do around 240 light? Endless random 36 strikes? Everything else available to me is marked as 'Hard' or specifies 260+ light, unless I am missing something.

When I was around 240 light, I started doing some patrols and very quickly found gear in the 250s/260s which was enough for me to start running some dailies. Typically in my daily run I find at least one item that is higher level than my existing setup and that swiftly moved me up. It also helped that I had house of wolves expansion to play through so I was just doing those missions and drops were higher level.

Strikes is also a good investment of time though I get bored of them very fast.

I asked this earlier in the thread but can't seem to find my post to see the responses... what do you do around 240 light? Endless random 36 strikes? Everything else available to me is marked as 'Hard' or specifies 260+ light, unless I am missing something.

Hang around the court of oryx on dreadnaught patrol, if there is a group present use a reciprocal rune or two. It takes a minute or two per rune and can reward up to 3 engrams. If you have the court of oryx quest line and get lucky when a group is present you can finish it in 30 minutes and get a 300 artifact.

Also do any quest content within your light level, even if it is marked hard. Some missions aren't bad. Focus on the quests that give legendary marks and use them to buy a 280 ghost first, then fill in your armor as necessary from vendors.

Anybody buy the Exotic Heavy Weapon Engram today from Xur? I am curious what it is, or if it's different for everyone.

Listen in the tower the chick on the P.A says "Bungie satisfying your mom since 1994 error" it's hilarious

This halloween event is super fun. I wish the masks were wearable with your regular gear, but I'll take the light level hit for some shenanigans :D

And very glad they are NOT class specific.

I gotta visit this thread more, I love this game too much.

This halloween event is super fun. I wish the masks were wearable with your regular gear, but I'll take the light level hit for some shenanigans :D

And very glad they are NOT class specific.

I gotta visit this thread more, I love this game too much.

Same. Really have been enjoying this game a lot lately. Especially playing co-op with my brother and working on quests together. :)

Has anyone gotten the Traveler or Crota mask? I have gotten what seems like dozens of masks but those are the only two I haven't gotten and I really want to complete the two quests left before they expire this weekend. I even spent Silver to get more but I have yet to get those two. Are they just random, or is there something I can do to increase my chance of getting them

Has anyone gotten the Traveler or Crota mask? I have gotten what seems like dozens of masks but those are the only two I haven't gotten and I really want to complete the two quests left before they expire this weekend. I even spent Silver to get more but I have yet to get those two. Are they just random, or is there something I can do to increase my chance of getting them

I received the Crota mask for doing the candy-collection quest from the dye vender.

Eva Lavante, the shader and emblem vendor.

Isn't the candy collection "quest" just the empty bags she gives out to fill up when doing stuff and wearing a mask? I have done it a LOT. I am not aware of any quest she personally gives out.

Isn't the candy collection "quest" just the empty bags she gives out to fill up when doing stuff and wearing a mask? I have done it a LOT. I am not aware of any quest she personally gives out.

her first quest was to go around to several Tower folks and ask for candy. After filling the bag, I got the mask from the random mask roll.

I hit the peak of my entertainment about 2 weeks ago after Iron Banner. There's just nothing left to do once you hit light 295+ish other than raid which finding a good team for is a struggle. Well it was fun I guess but there needs to be more side activities, I am over it after 20 hours.

taken king has been a good hold over until halo 5 launched. Now with halo 5 here and fallout 4+Battlefront around the corner I can put destiny down for a nice break

taken king has been a good hold over until halo 5 launched. Now with halo 5 here and fallout 4+Battlefront around the corner I can put destiny down for a nice break

Most of the people I know played Halo 5 and came right back to Destiny.

A few weeks at best? Know that 40 is not the end game. 40 is "level" but the real level for content and ability is "light" which is measured by the quality of your gear. Light level 280+ is effectively end game content, normal mode raid, nightfall, etc..

I'm heading to Target on Tuesday to pick up FO4 and take advantage of B2G1 Free and I've been thinking of giving Destiny another shot and picking up the Taken King Legendary Edition for the PS4. I played previously on the XB1 so I'll basically be starting fresh. I'm just wondering how much the game has changed compared to what it was prior to any expansions.

I'm heading to Target on Tuesday to pick up FO4 and take advantage of B2G1 Free and I've been thinking of giving Destiny another shot and picking up the Taken King Legendary Edition for the PS4. I played previously on the XB1 so I'll basically be starting fresh. I'm just wondering how much the game has changed compared to what it was prior to any expansions.

It's changed quite a bit. The big thing is that they shifted the grind to the RNGesus for raid gear for the taken king. Gear no longer drops at a certain "armor/light level" like previous raids anymore. They can range from 300-310 for normal mode, and 310-320 for hard mode raid.

Enjoying it so far. Hit level 10 today in my first day playing. Having a blast so far. Elected to go Hunter since it seems the easiest class to play.

Destiny is ok, but the grind and hours to put in are so old... also why do people say it has such good shooting mechanics? Crucible is a joke it's like an auto aim fest.... fun factor for multi is so much higher on halo 5 .... of course take this all with a grain of salt this is just my personal opinion and experience

Destiny is ok, but the grind and hours to put in are so old... also why do people say it has such good shooting mechanics? Crucible is a joke it's like an auto aim fest.... fun factor for multi is so much higher on halo 5 .... of course take this all with a grain of salt this is just my personal opinion and experience

Halo 5 has terrible aiming controls. You're artificially limited with how fast you can look left and right. making anyone who can aim feel like they are not in control at all.

How long is it from 1 to 40?

A few weeks at best? Know that 40 is not the end game. 40 is "level" but the real level for content and ability is "light" which is measured by the quality of your gear. Light level 280+ is effectively end game content, normal mode raid, nightfall, etc..

Depends how much time you want to put in. I know some people who get to 40 in a weekend (stopping only to sleep), but most people I've talked to get to 40 in little over a week of steady 2-3 hour/day playstyle.

Halo 5 has terrible aiming controls. You're artificially limited with how fast you can look left and right. making anyone who can aim feel like they are not in control at all.

Unless your a xim user, they have had a fix for this since last week :p

Haven't touched Destiny for a while now after I hit 290 on my toon. Nothing much to compel me to proceed and most people who I used to raid with are no longer doing it.

It was fun while it lasted and Taken King was a decent investment. Got about 15 hours out of it which is not bad considering most SP games for 60 bucks don't even give that (looking at you Until Dawn).

Yeah I am a 293 on my Hunter, 287 or so on my lock, and like 220 on my titan, played through the TTK three times.

Still log on every once in a while and play some crucible.

Leveling all 3 classes at the moment, 15 Hunter, 7 Warlock and 8 Titan. Titan seems most easymode so far.

I like Hunter, myself. Titan is too damn slow, but I'm sure people who play other first person shooters will feel most comfortable with it it. Titan also has the most damage protection from the start compared to the others, so that is why it probably feels easy. The other classes get passives that you can choose to increase damage protection to that level once you level a subclass enough.

I installed the demo, liked it and then bought Taken King. When I put in the disc, it asked me if I wanted to save my progress and use Taken King. I said yes.

Now when I start the game and try to go to a level that requires Taken King... it won't let me. Even though the Taken King disc is in the system. What gives?

Back