Destiny - Discussion Thread

Soooooooooo this worth picking up now? Played through original campaign and got to twenty... didn't do any raids and seemed like I was playing the same levels over and over and over... it better now?

It's much better. The loot drops are so much better now that I tend to get about 50% Rares, 30% Commons and 20% purples. Most of your legendary gear can be bought using Legendary Marks which are super easy to attain. There's also the gunsmith weekly which gives you a free high end legendary every week. Exotics aren't impossible to attain now since strange coins drop literally everywhere that by the time Xur comes around I usually have about 30-50 collected throughout the week and I don't even play that much. Xur also sells a new item that comes in stacks of 5 that buffs your chance of getting an exotic off a boss kill which scales up with every use/kill (but doesn't stack so using all 5 at once doesn't work).

The game is much better and getting to raid gear status only took me about a week of casual playing. As far as the raid, I can't comment because I haven't gotten around to trying it yet but the game is much better than it was before and PvP has many more game modes to keep me entertained. But there's only so much you can do at end game so there's that.

TTK is not bad, definitely a huge step in the right direction. Here's hoping Destiny 2 will be vastly superior to what we have right now. I believe TTK mechanics is what Destiny should have launched with. (Completing bounties from menu, phone item transfers etc).

Though can't say I'm a fan of NolanBot. Dinklebot wasn't that great either but it really shows that Bungies writing was the reason the Ghost sounded so stupid.

Yeah the Ghost has some really bad lines. Nothing he says is funny or interesting, it's really boring hearing him talk and I just tune it out.

They should just make the Ghost mewl like a cat, or do those cute Banjo Kazooie-esque beep/boop dialogue.

One thing I hope Bungie introduces to Destiny are large scale PVP/PVE battles, like what Halo 5 will be doing. Basically a big patrol map divided into teams battling against players as well as AI baddies.

They should just make the Ghost mewl like a cat, or do those cute Banjo Kazooie-esque beep/boop dialogue.

One thing I hope Bungie introduces to Destiny are large scale PVP/PVE battles, like what Halo 5 will be doing. Basically a big patrol map divided into teams battling against players as well as AI baddies.
Or how about Navi from Ocarina of Time.

HEY!

LISTEN!!!

It's much better. The loot drops are so much better now that I tend to get about 50% Rares, 30% Commons and 20% purples. Most of your legendary gear can be bought using Legendary Marks which are super easy to attain. There's also the gunsmith weekly which gives you a free high end legendary every week. Exotics aren't impossible to attain now since strange coins drop literally everywhere that by the time Xur comes around I usually have about 30-50 collected throughout the week and I don't even play that much. Xur also sells a new item that comes in stacks of 5 that buffs your chance of getting an exotic off a boss kill which scales up with every use/kill (but doesn't stack so using all 5 at once doesn't work).

The game is much better and getting to raid gear status only took me about a week of casual playing. As far as the raid, I can't comment because I haven't gotten around to trying it yet but the game is much better than it was before and PvP has many more game modes to keep me entertained. But there's only so much you can do at end game so there's that.

The Raid is much better than Crota, but less than Vault. The mechanics of the fighting is going to cause some headaches as glitches tend to rear their head every so often. Clunky animations can mean life or death, and unfortunely, some of the fights are very much based off certain animations. So, solid internet connections are a must.

The Hard Raid is going to be tough. That is all.

I hit a good hot streak with four Exotics in about two hours of Three of Coins use. Then Imagine my disappoint when I just figured out you can only have one Exotic armor or weapon equipped at a time. And figuring this out after I dismantled the best blue gear I had...

I hit a good hot streak with four Exotics in about two hours of Three of Coins use. Then Imagine my disappoint when I just figured out you can only have one Exotic armor or weapon equipped at a time. And figuring this out after I dismantled the best blue gear I had...

yeah well at least you got them. I just decrypted 15 engrams without a single upgrade and im only at light 285, i think im done with my time on the xpac. especially when EVERY SINGLE strike always ends up with just 2 people, and bungies shit matchmaking system NEVER replaces them. Or i get into a strike wtih 2 people sitting there, and then i have to go to orbit to requeue again, and wait for all the load times and blah blah blah, yeah still a horribly implemented game despite its improvements.

Can't say I've had those multiple problems over and over and over again. The game is a step in the right direction, but the grind is now the rng of the raid gear, which I still think is a bone headed move.

Anybody else hear about the new microtransaction system? Currently new emotes will become available for 'Silver' (Destiny's new paid currency) through a tower vendor.

What's more interesting is that Bungie is rumored to be following a new release plan, moving away from the 'expansion packs', releasing new story/game content for free but supplementing their pockets with cosmetic microtransactions. Then next year Destiny 2 will launch for $60. I'm hoping this is the case, I think that would be a much better model than Destiny 1.0's quarterly expansion model.

Sorry for not linking the article (work filter), but I believe it was either kotaku or gamesradar.

What is the status now of all the confusing materials and points.

When I was first playing my head was going to explode with all the different shit you had to keep track of.

What is the status now of all the confusing materials and points.

When I was first playing my head was going to explode with all the different shit you had to keep track of.

Basically this: You still have faction points to earn the ability to buy purple faction-branded gear.
Motes of light are now used to level up gear.
"Legendary marks" are now the end-game currency, allowing you to buy the purple faction-branded gear.

yeah well at least you got them. I just decrypted 15 engrams without a single upgrade and im only at light 285, i think im done with my time on the xpac. especially when EVERY SINGLE strike always ends up with just 2 people, and bungies shit matchmaking system NEVER replaces them. Or i get into a strike wtih 2 people sitting there, and then i have to go to orbit to requeue again, and wait for all the load times and blah blah blah, yeah still a horribly implemented game despite its improvements.

Oh man, the two man strike shit sucks! It makes some of those boss battles just outright impossible. If it were a friend, it's different. We know each other's strengths and stuff. Strangers? Ugh.

Basically this: You still have faction points to earn the ability to buy purple faction-branded gear.
Motes of light are now used to level up gear.
"Legendary marks" are now the end-game currency, allowing you to buy the purple faction-branded gear.

All of the legendary gear from my faction is low (280) and I am 297LL. Is there a way to get the faction vendor gear higher stats (before purchasing)?

All of the legendary gear from my faction is low (280) and I am 297LL. Is there a way to get the faction vendor gear higher stats (before purchasing)?

Nope.
I've been saving high light blues to use for infusing when I do buy vendor gear. At this point for me only the raid gear is worth chasing after. I almost have full sets on both my Titans and am just getting started collecting on my hunter.

Curious, what's the point of rolling two of the same class? For all intents and purposes, they are the same thing.

Nope.
I've been saving high light blues to use for infusing when I do buy vendor gear. At this point for me only the raid gear is worth chasing after. I almost have full sets on both my Titans and am just getting started collecting on my hunter.

So I assume raid gear is about where I am at being almost 300LL? And I assume is only available from doing raids?

Curious, what's the point of rolling two of the same class? For all intents and purposes, they are the same thing.

It lets you run the raid twice or three times a week with little time invested. Otherwise they are the same.

It lets you run the raid twice or three times a week with little time invested. Otherwise they are the same.

AH yea. I don't really run raids, but I forgot about that. Makes sense if you have a particular class you like. I love my Warlock, but I rolled one class per slot just for the variety.

http://www.businessinsider.com/destiny-introduces-microtransactions-2015-10

Destiny goes Pay to Win........!!!!!! micro transactions just when you couldn't beat that Raid =) Or get that gun you always wanted from XUR or missed out on the lewt cave.
They have to recap that 500 million dollars they wasted on the core game somehow.

They need to focus on Destiny 2 it's the only way to save Bungie.

I sincerely hope your just trolling or I've missed your sarcasm lol, if not please read your own link. Transactions are cosmetic only, and if they hold to their word will help pay for free content updates instead of us paying for expansions, Even if they don't do free content there is noting wrong with payed cosmetic items. If someone wants to buy a shiny ship for $5 then how does that bother me? I would rather them work on more content and customization even if its payed for, I will never buy it but if all the people with spare cash/shiny object syndrome by it then it helps make everyone look more unique which benefits even those that wont pay for items.

I sincerely hope your just trolling or I've missed your sarcasm lol, if not please read your own link. Transactions are cosmetic only, and if they hold to their word will help pay for free content updates instead of us paying for expansions, Even if they don't do free content there is noting wrong with payed cosmetic items. If someone wants to buy a shiny ship for $5 then how does that bother me? I would rather them work on more content and customization even if its payed for, I will never buy it but if all the people with spare cash/shiny object syndrome by it then it helps make everyone look more unique which benefits even those that wont pay for items.

THis.
I'm not going to lie, but a major part of any MMO for me is the ability to make my character look AWESOME. So if I can buy a shiny ship (WHICH I TOTALLY WOULD) to that end, then they should offer it. As long as it doesn't give a boost to stats etc (which they say these purchases won't), then I'm in total support.

Yar, I'm also in approval of a microtransaction dlc based content (even for xp boosts or whatnot).

I really enjoyed the payment system Rift uses, I never felt like I was forced to buy content (except for appropriately priced expansion pack), and they offered cosmetic items which I was happy to pay for. And if this new system allows Bungie to then release actual gameplay content for free (until the annual expansion/destiny 2 release), even better.

Destiny goes Pay to Win........!!!!!! micro transactions just when you couldn't beat that Raid =) Or get that gun you always wanted from XUR or missed out on the lewt cave.
They have to recap that 500 million dollars they wasted on the core game somehow.

ji7b.jpg

THis.
I'm not going to lie, but a major part of any MMO for me is the ability to make my character look AWESOME. So if I can buy a shiny ship (WHICH I TOTALLY WOULD) to that end, then they should offer it. As long as it doesn't give a boost to stats etc (which they say these purchases won't), then I'm in total support.

Yeah I'd pay $10 right now for a cool looking ship, I hope they branch out past just emotes soon. I'm still using the starter ship :)

You have just embarrassed yourself. You may as well try to play this off as sarcasm and hope people believe you.

The RNG is weird...got a legendary from a purpler engram and a blue engram, one right after the other. Both were the TAO HUA YUAN...one solar and one arc.

Been ploughing destiny all night. Hit light 283 now and there is a bunch of stuff for end game. Still need to do the raid though. Also drops are mostly Blues even in Court of Oryx which pisses me off.

Questing is nice though. I am enjoying it. Need dat 310 gear.

Yar, definitely seeing a lot of blues. The nice thing is now they aren't a total waste, I've been using inversion on my weaker legendary gear quite a bit to strengthen them with blues.

Been ploughing destiny all night. Hit light 283 now and there is a bunch of stuff for end game. Still need to do the raid though. Also drops are mostly Blues even in Court of Oryx which pisses me off.

Questing is nice though. I am enjoying it. Need dat 310 gear.

Don't expect instant riches from the raid. My highest drop has been 303 so far, and the gloves dropped at 300 for me. :(

its pretty stupid.. primarily for people to chase loot thats difficult to get to 310 because of RNG...

310 boots, class item and ghost are the hardest to get because as of now... they are only ones obtainable through the raid....everything else can be infused with an exotic ....the joke of being forever 29 -> 299 -> now its 309 ... :p

I'm 308 now, probably not going to fight too hard for 310, it's just not worth it.

its pretty stupid.. primarily for people to chase loot thats difficult to get to 310 because of RNG...

310 boots, class item and ghost are the hardest to get because as of now... they are only ones obtainable through the raid....everything else can be infused with an exotic ....the joke of being forever 29 -> 299 -> now its 309 ... :p

How do you get anything over 295 outside of the raid? I'm sitting with 295 items in multiple slots, most are blues until I get more blues to infuse purples.

How do you get anything over 295 outside of the raid? I'm sitting with 295 items in multiple slots, most are blues until I get more blues to infuse purples.

max you can get to outside of the raid without exotics is 300... depending on your rng.. but thats only if you're SUPER SUPER lucky and get like everything infused to that point... its possible to get to 300+ without doing the raid...just extremely unlikely to get those perfect 300 blue/legendary drops.. ive only had 3 300 drops...

some questlines may also reward 300 artifacts...

what i meant is even with running the raid.. chasing 310 is stupid because the loot you get is random ranging from 300 - 310 stats... exotics can be infused to bump yourself up to 310 if you're 300+ and have been getting engrams... but there are no exotic boots in the game or 310 class/ghosts available outside of the raid... :/

Yeah I have been doing everythign outside of the raid for a couple weeks now and I can't get past 296. I have a 300 shotgun and an exotic Supercell but I can't seem to get any artifacts or marks worth a shit.

I can't do the raid because none of my buddies want to come back to the game right now as they are doing other shit.

Wish I could get someone to just sherpa my ass through the raid a couple times so I could get some pieces.

Hit 290 on my toon. Can't see how I can raise it more unless there are random drops with higher rating as nothing is available for purchase and the exotic engrams are also giving me 290. Might have to find a way to raid.

Hit 290 on my toon. Can't see how I can raise it more unless there are random drops with higher rating as nothing is available for purchase and the exotic engrams are also giving me 290. Might have to find a way to raid.

Once you get 290 you tend to get blues more often at 290+. I get all kinds of stuff at 296-298. Also don't forget that quest that gives you the 300 artifact.

Back