Destiny 2

caught yet again, this is getting old

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242062080?sort=0&page=1
UPDATE: Lost Sector Rewards
We're aware of player reports about Lost Sectors not granting rewards. There was a throttle added to address an issue in the previous Faction Rallies where players were earning 500 Tokens per hour.
The patchnote concerning this change has been updated to correctly state that all Lost Sector chests are subject to this throttle.

Right now if a player opens more than 2 Chests in a 10 minute period they will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for 10 minutes. This does not prevent players from completing milestones related to Lost Sector chests.

Just like with everything, it feels like my faction rewards are repeating themselves, too. I've gotten 4 New Monarchy items and 2 of them were dupes.

The rally was datamined to display 15 new weapons of which we won't get the rest till later in the rally... so... no reason to turn in any of your tokens right away, because your options will be limited.

I got this for my son for Christmas, and he wants a clan to start doing stuff with. Is the H one still active? What info do you need for an invite?

I got this for my son for Christmas, and he wants a clan to start doing stuff with. Is the H one still active? What info do you need for an invite?

I'm also looking for a clan invite if anyone has one for the [H] clan, thanks!

Go here.

I made a [H]ard Gaming Clan for Destiny 2 on PC. If anyone is interested is joining let me know and I will send you an invite.

My user is under Amarvin250#1797

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2826050

I finally got over my invisible level cap (thanks to a series of new gold drops) and am still a little puzzled how end game upgrading works.
It seems full-on random whether I can use certain items to upgrade others. Sometimes it works, other times it gives me the dreaded "base item isn't strong enough" message. In some instances it'll work with higher level items of the exact same type. I have several items that seem to be stuck in upgrade limbo while I keep getting boatloads of sidearm drops and upgrade options that are 10 levels higher than everything else. I actually *hate* sidearms, but the game keeps giving them to me and letting me boost the ones I have.

I finally got over my invisible level cap (thanks to a series of new gold drops) and am still a little puzzled how end game upgrading works.
It seems full-on random whether I can use certain items to upgrade others. Sometimes it works, other times it gives me the dreaded "base item isn't strong enough" message. In some instances it'll work with higher level items of the exact same type. I have several items that seem to be stuck in upgrade limbo while I keep getting boatloads of sidearm drops and upgrade options that are 10 levels higher than everything else. I actually *hate* sidearms, but the game keeps giving them to me and letting me boost the ones I have.

"Base item isn't strong enough" usually means that the item you are trying to upgrade with has a +5 mod attached, so it's real item level is 5 lower. Mods aren't taken into account when upgrading weapons or when calculating your characters 'real' gear level for things like vendors and drops.

Item upgrading is not random, you just have to keep in mind that legendary (purple) mods artificially boost the item light levels by 5 but do not count towards the base level when it comes to infusing/upgrading.

For example, say I have scout rifle with a 290 light level that I like and want to upgrade. First, check to see if this scout rifle has a legendary mod attached.

Does it have a legendary mod?

If yes, then the base item level is actually 285 so I have to use a scout rifle that is at least 286 without an attached legendary mod or 291 with an attached legendary mod.

If no, then the base items level is in fact 290 so I have to use a scout rifle that is at least 291 without an attached legendary mod or 296 with an attached legendary mod.

Does that make sense?

So here's the scenario - literally every single weapon I have is currently equipped with a legendary mod. All of 'em.
My favorite pistol is the Sunshot, and it was level 316. I also have the Sturm at level 314. Two lower. Both have a legendary mod attached and both are exotic weapons.
Yet when I tried to update the Sturm with a random purple drop (level 312) it said that the base item wasn't strong enough. Yet it the Sunshot accepted it and boosted to 317.
I've had the same thing happen with an auto-rifle. My main one was level 314 and is simply a legendary weapon with a legendary mod. I also had an exotic that was 3 levels higher. The exotic happily accepted the upgrade from 317 to 321 while the legendary said it was too low.
Are not all legendary mods created equally or do exotics interpret them differently? What about kinetic vs. energy weapons? Is there some differentiation there? Clearly they can be used to upgrade one another, but does that affect the score in some way?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So here's the scenario - literally every single weapon I have is currently equipped with a legendary mod. All of 'em.
My favorite pistol is the Sunshot, and it was level 316. I also have the Sturm at level 314. Two lower. Both have a legendary mod attached and both are exotic weapons.
Yet when I tried to update the Sturm with a random purple drop (level 312) it said that the base item wasn't strong enough. Yet it the Sunshot accepted it and boosted to 317.
I've had the same thing happen with an auto-rifle. My main one was level 314 and is simply a legendary weapon with a legendary mod. I also had an exotic that was 3 levels higher. The exotic happily accepted the upgrade from 317 to 321 while the legendary said it was too low.

Are not all legendary mods created equally or do exotics interpret them differently? What about kinetic vs. energy weapons? Is there some differentiation there? Clearly they can be used to upgrade one another, but does that affect the score in some way?

Great question.

I don't feel like I have that setup exactly down pat, either, so here's what I do: Simplify. I simply check in every so often with the weapons I care about and if they can absorb something else, I do it. Past that, it gets broken down.

I generally like hand cannons, auto-rifles, and scout rifles. I keep at least 2 of each just for the sake of being able to swap them out when using different exotic/legendary combinations. Ditto with energy vs. kinetic, too.

For power weapons, shotguns and swords are my faves in an ideal world. Rockets are okay, too.

The game seems to think I love sidearms, fusion rifles, and rockets because those keep dropping and their stats are at least 5-6 points higher than everything else I have. I’d love to dismiss those completely, but aren’t they necessary for leveling up?

If I equip the gear I prefer, my level is like 314, while if I use the highest level gear I have it’s 322. That plays a role in your drops and your engram decryption…right? Or am I doing it wrong and I shouldn’t actually care about my overall level score?

like this

Weird, there must be something else going on that's causing the conflict.

Kinetic vs energy doesn't matter and legendary mods don't act differently between legendary and exotic weapons.

I asked Domingo's question to a Destiny junkie friend of mine and he said:

All legendary weapon mods (applied to a rare, legendary, or exotic) add +5 attack to the base level. A 310 with no mod becomes a 315. An exotic that is 315 is 310 base.

In this guy's case, I don't know what the problem was. Without seeing it myself, I'd probably chalk it up to user error (not trying to infuse the thing you actually wanted to infuse).

Sunshot has a base level of 311 and Sturm has a base level of 309, both of which are less than the 312. So Sunshot would go to 317, and Sturm should also go to 317, because they both become base 312 with the +5 mod to bump up to 317. Kinetic/Energy and legendary/exotic makes no difference, a hand cannon is a hand cannon.

I've never had a problem with it, nor have I ever heard/read about someone having an issue with it that wasn't caused by misunderstaning the +5 from the mod means nothing to infusion. A base 312 should always be able to be infused into a base 311 or less.

This may have gotten better with a driver or something. Haven't had a crash in a while

Well last time it crashed on me it took out my bios so unless I see fixes mentioned in patchnotes, not gonna gamble with my pc's health, even if it was probably a fluke.

Got absolutely no worthwhile drops last to verify/debunk my upgrading issues. Ended up with the same exotic helmet (Gravitron Forfeit) for like the 5th time. That helmet and Shinobu's Vow have been the bane of my existence.

like this
Got absolutely no worthwhile drops last to verify/debunk my upgrading issues. Ended up with the same exotic helmet (Gravitron Forfeit) for like the 5th time. That helmet and Shinobu's Vow have been the bane of my existence.

I get those a lot as well. I'm floating in the low 330s. How did I get there? I'm not exactly sure. I feel very lucky. ;)

Where were you playing and what were you doing?

I always check to infuse first. It adds up. If you get duplicate exotics? Infuse. Make it nearly religious rote.

Basically what I do is when I fire the game up I immediately check the milestones list and do whatever interests me there. With this faction rally thing going, that's priority override.

Sometimes I have happy accidents: The other day I was on Nessus for that faction requirement and ended up in Glade of Echoes area on the map for a lot of what I was doing. I'n not sure why but that place was on fire. I had these public events like wildfire while I was there along with lots of High Value Targets. These add up. I was very glad I stopped what I was doing and just working this area over.

The worse case scenario is I always have several legendary engrams to break down and I have always have lots of gunsmith materials to cash out.

If I'm in crucible it's all about Osiris Quick Play. I actually like the crucible now much to my own surprise. It adds up. Strikes. Osiris Heroic.

If I end up on a planet for something I always try to finish the "challenges" while I'm there and that adds up.

Before you anywhere: Visit cayde and get at least one of map for any planet you think you're going hit and get his treasure boxes. It adds up. All of this stuff adds up. If I see a dusklight or whatever? Pick it up. It adds up.

I get those a lot as well. I'm floating in the low 330s. How did I get there? I'm not exactly sure. I feel very lucky. ;)

Where were you playing and what were you doing?

I always check to infuse first. It adds up. If you get duplicate exotics? Infuse. Make it nearly religious rote.

Basically what I do is when I fire the game up I immediately check the milestones list and do whatever interests me there. With this faction rally thing going, that's priority override.

Sometimes I have happy accidents: The other day I was on Nessus for that faction requirement and ended up in Glade of Echoes area on the map for a lot of what I was doing. I'n not sure why but that place was on fire. I had these public events like wildfire while I was there along with lots of High Value Targets. These add up. I was very glad I stopped what I was doing and just working this area over.

The worse case scenario is I always have several legendary engrams to break down and I have always have lots of gunsmith materials to cash out.

If I'm in crucible it's all about Osiris Quick Play. I actually like the crucible now much to my own surprise. It adds up. Strikes. Osiris Heroic.

If I end up on a planet for something I always try to finish the "challenges" while I'm there and that adds up.

Before you anywhere: Visit cayde and get at least one of map for any planet you think you're going hit and get his treasure boxes. It adds up. All of this stuff adds up. If I see a dusklight or whatever? Pick it up. It adds up.

Yeah, I infuse everything. If it won't infuse, I break it down. I only keep weapons that are either unique or better than what I currently have. In those instances, I'll infuse the new item with whatever I currently have if possible.
My armor is mostly in the mid 320's, but either my chest armor or my boots (I forget which one) are a few points lower and I can't seem to catch any breaks on them. I have a lousy sidearm as my primary that's 322 while all my other stuff is 316 or 317. I have several energy weapons that are pretty solid, but my best one is sadly another sidearm.

My normal activities consist of the typical tasks on a given planet (3 missions, lost sector, etc.) along with public activities and any collectibles I encounter along the way. Usually whichever one has the reputation bonus, even though that rarely matters. I'm using the Hunter class ability that shows chests and collectibles, so I typically open up a half dozen of those per half-hour session.
I've probably collected 400 of those faction tokens in total, but I'm stashing 150 of them since it just keeps giving me the same weak armor over and over.
With so few quests (other than the Crucible or Raids) giving "powerful gear" I'm limited to the weekly clan reward, the weekly milestone, and the occasional exotic drop. I wish there was some way to trade 5 legendary engrams for a gold or especially a "powerful" one. Better yet, I wish the various people on each planet or the weapons dealer could give you those.

like this
Anyone out there interested in running trials of the nine this weekend? Really want to get my hands on some of the gear, but its been hard to find a team.

I guess I chose the right faction as the New Monarchy rifle was available yesterday. Unfortunately I don't have any more legendary kinetic weapon upgrades to boost it up to snuff. It seems a little like the Hard Light, though. That's one of my preferred weapons, so I consider that a good thing.

like this
I guess I chose the right faction as the New Monarchy rifle was available yesterday. Unfortunately I don't have any more legendary kinetic weapon upgrades to boost it up to snuff. It seems a little like the Hard Light, though. That's one of my preferred weapons, so I consider that a good thing.

the New Monarchy auto rifle is another version of the halfdan-d. it's pretty underwhelming.

the New Monarchy auto rifle is another version of the halfdan-d. it's pretty underwhelming.

I don't think I've every gotten one of those before, so it's new to me :p
My favorite (non-exotic) auto-rifle is a Scathlelocke that reloads super-fast via masterwork. That's my gold standard. That rifle, the Sunshot, and a full-auto shotgun are my ideal loadout.

I don't think I've every gotten one of those before, so it's new to me :p
My favorite (non-exotic) auto-rifle is a Scathlelocke that reloads super-fast via masterwork. That's my gold standard. That rifle, the Sunshot, and a full-auto shotgun are my ideal loadout.

i need to not immediately destruct the next Scathelocke i get. during the first faction rally i got three Guiding Star auto rifles so i never bothered giving the Scathelocke much of a chance, since they are so similar (and i think the Guiding Star is better). i see the Scathelocke being used a lot in the Crucible. i'll have to try out the next one i get.

Well last time it crashed on me it took out my bios so unless I see fixes mentioned in patchnotes, not gonna gamble with my pc's health, even if it was probably a fluke.

It was in the patch notes for when Curse of Osiris launched (that they fixed a source of random crashing). I was getting random crashes before CoO, but the game was very stable after the DLC dropped. Something to consider. With that being said, I've personally moved on to Division for now, until some serious QoL fixes. I want Destiny 2 to be great, but the devs have some work to do. For one, make prestige activities actually worth doing (and give the normal mode drops as well for finishing prestige encounters like how D1 did it). Secondly, more vault space is badly needed for the number of possible weapons, armor pieces, consumables etc. Third, enough with the XP and reward throttling. Fix those things, and I may take a break from Division before the March DLC to take a look at the state of affairs in game.

It was in the patch notes for when Curse of Osiris launched (that they fixed a source of random crashing). I was getting random crashes before CoO, but the game was very stable after the DLC dropped. Something to consider. With that being said, I've personally moved on to Division for now, until some serious QoL fixes. I want Destiny 2 to be great, but the devs have some work to do. For one, make prestige activities actually worth doing (and give the normal mode drops as well for finishing prestige encounters like how D1 did it). Secondly, more vault space is badly needed for the number of possible weapons, armor pieces, consumables etc. Third, enough with the XP and reward throttling. Fix those things, and I may take a break from Division before the March DLC to take a look at the state of affairs in game.

Yeah i know, the crash however was only a week or 2 ago, long after the dlc launched, the dlc actually made the crashes a lot more frequent and faster, b4 I could play a couple of hours, now minutes at best.

Yeah i know, the crash however was only a week or 2 ago, long after the dlc launched, the dlc actually made the crashes a lot more frequent and faster, b4 I could play a couple of hours, now minutes at best.

Interesting. And other games are totally stable with no issues??

Yes, Im on the west coast. Will check back here and discord for a time.

Anyone out there interested in running trials of the nine this weekend? Really want to get my hands on some of the gear, but its been hard to find a team.

Interesting. And other games are totally stable with no issues??

The ones I played recently are all stable, which would be, path of exile, wow, sw BFII, ME Andromeda, swtor, factorio, bordelands 2 and pubg (which has the occasional lockup but that one also seems to be still buggy, but can force close it and restart it without issue)

The ones I played recently are all stable, which would be, path of exile, wow, sw BFII, ME Andromeda, swtor, factorio, bordelands 2 and pubg (which has the occasional lockup but that one also seems to be still buggy, but can force close it and restart it without issue)

From what you're saying I would suspect the power supply is acting up (potentially), but that's just a guess not knowing your system in detail. I've noticed the 15A breaker in my office trip on me playing Destiny 2, which is crazy! For some reason it can be a power hog on my system, compared to other games or even mining zcash.

From what you're saying I would suspect the power supply is acting up (potentially), but that's just a guess not knowing your system in detail. I've noticed the 15A breaker in my office trip on me playing Destiny 2, which is crazy! For some reason it can be a power hog on my system, compared to other games or even mining zcash.

seems I did not add my PSU to my sig, it's a Seasonic prime titanium 650w, should be plenty powerfull.

I had a 750W Corsair in my system which should be more than enough for my setup. I could run AIDA64 with max CPU and GPU for hours. Yet Destiny 2 (and *ONLY* Destiny 2) kept crashing for me, too. Sometimes it would take 10 minutes, other times 2 hours, but it kept happening.
When I traded that PSU for my wife's 1000W Corsair (which she didn't need, but it was on sale), I haven't had a single issue since. I've come to the conclusion that there's something in Destiny 2 that pushes systems like nothing else. Hell, it might even be a full-on issue with the game, but swapping PSU's fixed it for me.

I get what you are saying, but why does the game work fine on my laptop then?

That should run out of juice a lot faster if power is the problem.

I get what you are saying, but why does the game work fine on my laptop then?

That should run out of juice a lot faster if power is the problem.

Are you running it with the exact same settings, details, etc.? With my crashes, probably 90% of them occurred in nearly predictable situations. Grenade effects, overlays (like the rig and taken public events), etc. were active in most situations. Crashes with nothing onscreen, at the main hub, etc. seem to be rarely reported.
I think it ties into specific settings and effects and since it's only Destiny crashing for a lot of people, I do consider it a bug. Yet it also seems like a new PSU is fixing it for many folks on the Bungie boards. That's a pretty lousy "fix" but maybe the game it hitting something weird. I dunno. It just seems like that does seem to work for at least some/many people who are having crashes.

Laptop is a bit older, runs with a gtx880m 60hz 1080p screen and an i7 cpu from that era, not 1440p at 144hz like my main machine, seen some possible fix for gaming crashes in another thread, might give that a go.

like this
Laptop is a bit older, runs with a gtx880m 60hz 1080p screen and an i7 cpu from that era, not 1440p at 144hz like my main machine, seen some possible fix for gaming crashes in another thread, might give that a go.

650W is probably not enough for everything and the 1080. I'd bet a dollar that if you swap it out for a quality 800W or better, D2 would be stable. I'm not sure what it is, but Destiny 2 pulls some serious juice out of my rig. What led me to believe it was the power supply was the symptoms you were mentioning.

Back