Destiny 2

Anybody wants to do the raid?
It's the only piece of content left that's somewhat interesting to me.

I'm actually tempted to do the Raid myself. The only things I have left are the weapon forge item collection quests and those are unbelievably tedious. The fact that you can't choose your strike is bothersome. Not sure how many there are, but it seems like I keep playing the same 3.

Anybody wants to do the raid?
It's the only piece of content left that's somewhat interesting to me.

I'm actually tempted to do the Raid myself. The only things I have left are the weapon forge item collection quests and those are unbelievably tedious. The fact that you can't choose your strike is bothersome. Not sure how many there are, but it seems like I keep playing the same 3.
Guided games were supposed to help matchmake people for the raid, but its implementation has been weak (i.e. what is it even doing other than trying to matchmake randomly). A clan with an active Bungie.net chat (or even better, Discord) is your best bet. Even then a newbie raid is hard to organize. The only saving this is that you get a clan engram for doing the raid, so there's some weak incentive to actually complete the raid.

The "playlist" for Strikes and Nightfall have been weak, and I never remember what the modifiers are - why they hide this information is beyond me.

Wifey and I have been logging in to collect the welfare engrams from the clan, but little else. Far Cry 5 can't come soon enough.

I'm in the [H]ard clan, but it seems like nobody is ever online. I've basically done everything but the raid and logging in every week just to do the same stuff again isn't fun. None of my friends play Destiny either - I'm only really playing because I got it for free, it looks pretty and the shooting is pretty decent.

Wifey and I have been logging in to collect the welfare engrams from the clan
lol

With "powerful" gear having so few options, the clan stuff is one of the only consistent ways to get anything worthwhile over level 310.
I tend to just do the weekly major milestone and the clan XP and that's that.

With "powerful" gear having so few options, the clan stuff is one of the only consistent ways to get anything worthwhile over level 310.
I tend to just do the weekly major milestone and the clan XP and that's that.
Same for me. My clan still shows 61 people still in the clan, but there's never anyone on but me, and I just log on to farm the 2 engrams each week.

Last edited:
Because of the way they structured clans and the social aspects of the game, the weeklys are the main benefit to even being in one. It's tough to argue with 1-2 good drops a week when there are only a couple ways to get powerful gear to begin with. I sometimes feel like I'm prepping for missions that don't exist. Those Heroic solo missions are tough as hell no matter what your level is. The difference between LL315 and LL330 is the bosses now take 500,000 bullets to kill instead of 600,000. That and they kill you in 2 shots rather than 1...maybe.
Yet Heroic strikes are seemingly no different from normal ones. That pretty much just leaves the Raid and Iron Banner as the only motivation to get stronger.

It's not just the clans y'all are in, it's that the current active playerbase is quite small at the moment. Just look at destinylfg.net posts, and it's easy to see that not many people are playing D2 at the moment. This will pass, and the active playerbase will spike again near the next DLC. If it stays high longer after the next DLC launch... that remains to be seen.

There's really not much to do except cruise control until the next major update. I'm more or less doing like Domingo. Much to my own amazement, I'm "decent" enough in the Crucible I was able to finish up the Iron Banner stuff. That's about it.

The clan I am in vanished as well. I bought destiny 2 late and only had a chance to run both raids twice. I really enjoyed the raids and would really like to do them if only for masterwork armour and raid weapons. I have tried to just PUG the raids, the last two weekends, but after waiting for up to an hour I just end up logging off. I completed all the prophecy verses ... that was a grind ... and the only weapons quests I have left are arms dealer and the rat king.

The content in destiny 2 + DLC really didn’t last that long.

I want to keep playing (I do like the gunplay for some reason), so I might be ready to finally give the Crucible a shot. Seems that's the only way I'll ever collect enough of those Prophecy Tablet collectibles, too. No clue what the other weapons are like, but that first Scout Rifle is the bomb.com

In the last week I've gotten more good drops and decodes than in the previous month. I jumped like 12 light levels this week. Not sure if it's related to the latest patch or what, but I've benefited.

I want to keep playing (I do like the gunplay for some reason), so I might be ready to finally give the Crucible a shot. Seems that's the only way I'll ever collect enough of those Prophecy Tablet collectibles, too. No clue what the other weapons are like, but that first Scout Rifle is the bomb.com

Quickplay options on the left in Crucible are where it's at for me. Pretty painless and I've actually had fun with it. Mayhem is my favorite when it shows up. I've actually gotten decent enough where I'm usually an assett on a team instead of a dead weight or liability.

If I can get along in there then anyone can. Believe me. ;)

I love the multiplayer in this game. the first Iron Banner got me hooked and i haven't looked back. it's just the right combination of strategy and casual play for me.

I love the multiplayer in this game. the first Iron Banner got me hooked and i haven't looked back. it's just the right combination of strategy and casual play for me.

I liked it more than I expected to.

I'm absolutely convinced they loosened up loot drops with the last update. Either that or I shattered some sort of soft cap around level 315.
I played for all of 15 minutes last night and everything that dropped (4 items/engrams) was either strong enough to boost my gear or was a masterwork.

I won't have any more time to play this week, but I'm going to give the Crucible a shot next week. Are there free-for-all modes where you're just killing everything or is it entirely team-based?

I'm absolutely convinced they loosened up loot drops with the last update. Either that or I shattered some sort of soft cap around level 315.
I played for all of 15 minutes last night and everything that dropped (4 items/engrams) was either strong enough to boost my gear or was a masterwork.

I won't have any more time to play this week, but I'm going to give the Crucible a shot next week. Are there free-for-all modes where you're just killing everything or is it entirely team-based?

All team based, but I believe they will be adding a few new modes next week.

They have been bleeding players and more recently youtubers have been abandoning the game (some going back to destiny).
Maybe they changed the drop tables to stop the bleed.
Big question is, what do you have to look forward to in this game, and is it worth it?

They have been bleeding players and more recently youtubers have been abandoning the game (some going back to destiny).
Maybe they changed the drop tables to stop the bleed.
Big question is, what do you have to look forward to in this game, and is it worth it?

For me, I had really, really had a fun time with the Destiny 1 endgame content. The Taken King stuff was fantastic. I'm hoping the next DLC captures some of what made the first game's endgame content more full featured. If I bail on the game completely now, I'll probably never go back to it. Outside of Dark Souls I can't think of any games where I've gone back after bailing on them. I also still like the PvE shooting mechanics. As long as I'm getting drops (like I seem to finally be getting), I find it compelling to keep playing. I have fun with it.
I see the Crucible as the means to an end. I don't really care about MP shooters anymore. Yet it seems to be where a lot of the new content is focused, and where the items I haven't gotten are housed.

So small update, bought a new PSU 850 w this time, game still crashes in less then 10 min so that's definitelly not it.

I'm completely out of ideas now.

So small update, bought a new PSU 850 w this time, game still crashes in less then 10 min so that's definitelly not it.

I'm completely out of ideas now.
Well that sucks, but I continue to think that somewhere there is a hardware or other setup problem with your computer. Can you run prime95 or other typical stress tests successfully for hours at a time? Motherboard and/or cpu intermittent faults can be very difficult to troubleshoot before they become a complete failure. If I were you, I'd run every stress test I could to test mobo/cpu/ram/gpu, trying my best to isolate the possible faulty component.

Reminds me of an issue I had years ago where I replaced literally every part in my PC (luckily with spares) only to discover the issue was with the power cable.

The Destiny valentine's event isn't too bad so far. The Sparrow I got has a speed of 160 and it summons almost instantly. Not sure if they made some tiny tweaks, but I've gotten a couple new public events to show up, too. For instance, the DMZ Outskirts area now has several public events, not just that same 'ol Servitor fight...which for the record is BY FAR the hardest of those damn public events IMO. Completing that one as a Heroic by yourself is incredibly tough and I swear people steer clear of it, too.

Reminds me of an issue I had years ago where I replaced literally every part in my PC (luckily with spares) only to discover the issue was with the power cable.

The Destiny valentine's event isn't too bad so far. The Sparrow I got has a speed of 160 and it summons almost instantly. Not sure if they made some tiny tweaks, but I've gotten a couple new public events to show up, too. For instance, the DMZ Outskirts area now has several public events, not just that same 'ol Servitor fight...which for the record is BY FAR the hardest of those damn public events IMO. Completing that one as a Heroic by yourself is incredibly tough and I swear people steer clear of it, too.

i skip the EDZ Outskirts public event because there are three others that sync up well, so you can hop between them almost continuously. also the spawn points are right next to the public events. the Outskirts requires you to travel on your sparrow a bit. that's probably why you don't find many players there. the 3 i hop between are Winding Cove, The Gulch, and The Sludge.

Well that sucks, but I continue to think that somewhere there is a hardware or other setup problem with your computer. Can you run prime95 or other typical stress tests successfully for hours at a time? Motherboard and/or cpu intermittent faults can be very difficult to troubleshoot before they become a complete failure. If I were you, I'd run every stress test I could to test mobo/cpu/ram/gpu, trying my best to isolate the possible faulty component.

I ran prime 95 for about 30 mins, CPU got to over 100° so I shut it down, did not crash though, did thermal throttle, CPU was pulling over 300 watt according to hwinfo64, most I seen b4 was a good 180 watt, toasty

I ran prime 95 for about 30 mins, CPU got to over 100° so I shut it down, did not crash though, did thermal throttle, CPU was pulling over 300 watt according to hwinfo64, most I seen b4 was a good 180 watt, toasty

That is pretty damn hot. Perhaps it is a thermal issue with your processor. Personally, I'd delid that badboy 7820x and throw some thermal grizzly kryonaut on instead of the Intel toothpaste. Rockit cool's tool makes delidding the socket 2066 processors very easy.

That is pretty damn hot. Perhaps it is a thermal issue with your processor. Personally, I'd delid that badboy 7820x and throw some thermal grizzly kryonaut on instead of the Intel toothpaste. Rockit cool's tool makes delidding the socket 2066 processors very easy.

While gaming my temps don't even get close to those temps, played 1.5 hours of DOOM last night, 1 core went to 63° the others mid 50's and one 49°

I still think there may be a system stability problem, greater than just D2. I'm reiterating that the game crashed randomly a lot for me before Curse of Osiris, but has been stable since. Try some other system stability tests like real bench, aida64, and/or xtu. 3dmark stress test for your gpu too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So another update from me.

I yanked my 960 Evo boot drive out of my pc and put in a MX500 , installed windows 10 on it, installed the minimum of drivers needed to run the system, i.e. mobo stuff, GPU and audio, reconnected al my other HDD's, installed Bnet and linked it to my destiny 2 install, managed to play around 1.5 hours in 2 session without a crash, this was with windows version 1703 (current system is on 1709).

So imo still looks like some piece of software is broken, but not sure I cba to find out what it is.

Now this was just a quick test, and I restored my system to how it was b4, I will not do a complete reinstall of windows and all programs and stuff just for funsies unless I'm sure it would fix it, but chances are that if windows updates itself it might break again.

Got another Samsung ssd? You can use Samsung's migration software to copy your windows install to another samsung drive, and see if you still have the issue with that...if so, something might have gotten corrupted in your OS. Then again 1.5 hours isn't really long enough to be sure the problem really went away.

Another faction rally is active right now. I remember at least a few decent items showing up last time. If nothing else, the game showers those tokens down on you like rain so you'll have plenty of legendary items to break down. I went with Dead Orbit this time...for no particular reason. Feels like the New Monarchy get a ton people to join because it's the last one most people talk to. It'll be interesting to see if they win again. If so, it's probably something Bungie should look at.

I know the game is mostly random, but anyone know of a good way to get a specific weapon ornament? I've been hoping to nab a Sunshot ornament since the first week of release. It was in the store once, but it was something like 1200 bright dust...which I wasn't able to nab that week.

Another faction rally is active right now. I remember at least a few decent items showing up last time. If nothing else, the game showers those tokens down on you like rain so you'll have plenty of legendary items to break down. I went with Dead Orbit this time...for no particular reason. Feels like the New Monarchy get a ton people to join because it's the last one most people talk to. It'll be interesting to see if they win again. If so, it's probably something Bungie should look at.

I know the game is mostly random, but anyone know of a good way to get a specific weapon ornament? I've been hoping to nab a Sunshot ornament since the first week of release. It was in the store once, but it was something like 1200 bright dust...which I wasn't able to nab that week.

just luck of the draw, or like you said if it happens to appear in the eververse store. this is still a grind but using the fireteam medallions increases your rate of xp gain. that'll increases how fast you receive bright engrams which is where weapon ornaments usually come from. it's personal taste but i have the sunshot ornament and i prefer the default look better.

For the first time, I feel like the game might be in a death spiral if they don't do something new soon. I dismissed some of the chatter before, but over this weekend it's like the game was straight up abandoned. It's right in the middle of a faction event, too. Not a good sign. The fact that the gear they grant isn't truly unique probably isn't helping. They pushed back the updates to exotic weapons as well. Bungie probably needs to do something sooner than later.

For the first time, I feel like the game might be in a death spiral if they don't do something new soon. I dismissed some of the chatter before, but over this weekend it's like the game was straight up abandoned. It's right in the middle of a faction event, too. Not a good sign. The fact that the gear they grant isn't truly unique probably isn't helping. They pushed back the updates to exotic weapons as well. Bungie probably needs to do something sooner than later.

I feel this way as well. I now have 3 characters (all 3 classes) at 330+ and I only have some DLC missions left on my 3rd character. I also did all the powerful gear milestones on all 3 characters on the weekend so there is virtually nothing for me to do. Wait times for raids and even the nightfall strike are stupid long. The wait times wouldn't be that bad if you could do something else in the game while waiting for a fireteam, but you can't even do that you have to stare at your stupid ship and just wait.
All the discord severs I joined while raiding all show no one is even playing the game still. No one from my guild even logs on anymore and that looks the same for all these guilds I see on the discord servers.

I still wish they treated the raids and Nightfall missions like strikes. Nightfall especially. It's essentially just a specific strike, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to pair up with some in-game randoms to play it. I get that communication is important at times, but why totally lock it down? At this point I think most players can borderline communicate with in-game cues anyway.
Plus, It's not like there are all that many strikes to begin with. I swear I get the same Mercury strike with the Sparrow section 75% of the time to begin with.

This Faction Rally... I just wasn't into it. When I saw "hit the lost sectors" and stuff like that again... I just didn't want to do it.

I think you're right. My time is way down and other games are taking over. I, too, could see going on hiatus until the next expansion.

They need to do something. Soon.

Destiny Update 1.1.3 – The one about Nightfall Strike Scoring.

Nightfall Strike Scoring
  • Both normal and Prestige Nightfall now have scoring
    • Enemy kills and orb generation will accrue points
    • Highest set scores will display on each Nightfall’s respective emblem
    • Scores above a target value will enable the Nightfall Aura and a fireteam Vanguard Token bonus
    • Total team score will be displayed at the end of the Nightfall in the PGCR
Nightfall Challenge Cards
  • The Prestige Nightfall challenge card allows players to select modifiers for the Prestige Nightfall that affect gameplay and score multipliers
    • Players can select active Elemental modifiers to boost outgoing and incoming damage
    • Players can opt into using a power handicap that will lower their character power level in the Prestige Nightfall but raise the score multiplier
    • Extinguish is always on when applying the Nightfall Challenge Card. If the full fireteam wipes in a respawning restricted area, the fireteam will be returned to orbit
  • Cards cannot be modified once the activity has been launched
  • These cards will drop for DLC owners in the normal or Prestige Nightfall
  • The fireteam leader’s card is applied to the entire fireteam when launching the Prestige Nightfall
Emblem Variants
  • Crucible Emblems
    • “Victorious Veteran” tracks your lifetime Crucible kills and how many of each class you’ve killed
    • Victorious Veteran has six variants: the first three variants are class specific, the last three are unlocked after killing 1000 of that class in PVP
    • This emblem can be purchased from Shaxx after opening 10 faction packages
  • Destination Emblems
    • Lost Sector Emblems have been changed into Destination Emblems that track Lost Sectors Found, Region Chests Opened, and Ghost Scans Discovered
      • Note: Mercury only tracks Lost Sectors and Region Chests
    • Each Destination Emblem has four variants in addition to the default emblem
    • Each variant has a chance to drop from chests in the destination
    • For players who did not have the respective Lost Sector emblems, they may purchase the new destination emblems from the respective vendors after opening 10 faction packages
  • Nightfall Emblems
    • New Nightfall Emblems exist for each individual Nightfall strike and track your high score in that strike
    • Each Nightfall Emblem has 3 variants in addition to the default emblem, these variants have a chance to drop when you hit a certain score tier and complete the Nightfall
Auras
  • Raid Emblem “Glory To The Emperor” tracks total Leviathan clears on Prestige difficulty and unlocks the orange Prestige Raid Aura if you’ve completed a Prestige difficulty raid activity in the last 14 days
  • Trials Emblem “You Are Worthy” tracks number of flawless tickets and unlocks the blue Trials Aura if you’ve gone flawless in the last 14 days
  • Nightfall Emblems awarded from completing each Nightfall strike track your high score in the respective Nightfall and unlock an aura if your high score in that strike is higher than a global target score
General
  • Opt-in Text Chat for PC is now available in Social Spaces and Public Areas
  • Damage Reduction granted by Armor Masterworks while a Super ability is active has been increased from 3% to 5% per armor piece
  • Fixed an issue where Ammo Masterworks could decrease the maximum ammo capacity of a weapon
  • Fixed an issue where some players would have irretrievable items within the Postmaster
  • The Eater of Worlds Raid Lair will now grant Faction Tokens during Faction Rallies events
  • The Seeker of Brilliance and Seeker of Opulence perks on the Contender Ghost Shell may now trigger during the Crossing encounter of the Eater of Worlds Raid Lair
  • Fixed an issue in Trials of the Nine where players could receive erroneous losses if the opposing team left before match start
  • Fixed an issue where players could encounter BAT errors when joining a Mercury Adventure
  • Fixed an issue where players were placed facing the wrong direction after dunking an item during public events
  • Fixed an issue where the Phoenix Dive Warlock Ability could be used to get out of the intended playspace
  • Helm of Saint-14 no longer affects allies when guarding with the Sentinel Shield Super
  • The Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Exotic now properly has three stat points
  • Projectiles from the Colony Exotic Grenade Launcher properly track enemies on PC when frame rate is set higher than 30 FPS

Well there are some changes to heroic strikes with this patch. The big drill heroic strike had a tank a member of the fireteam could drive. Additionally, Bracus Zahn is now visible the entire elevator ride, my PUG had him down to 1/3 health before we were even off the elevator.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

just luck of the draw, or like you said if it happens to appear in the eververse store. this is still a grind but using the fireteam medallions increases your rate of xp gain. that'll increases how fast you receive bright engrams which is where weapon ornaments usually come from. it's personal taste but i have the sunshot ornament and i prefer the default look better.

Eververse has it for sale this week.

Got the Sunshot ornament from Eververse (finally). I also noticed some random tweaks to things. I got some random Lost Sector badges so maybe they'll finally make those do something beyond random fetch quests. I think the tank on the Io strike was added last week. For random patrols I'm noticing more of the ones where you just have to kill like 10 enemies. I always flock to those because they're quick and easy.
I think my plan is to finally give the Crucible a shot this weekend. The last quests I have are the forge ones, and the paradox amplifiers you need just doesn't drop fast enough in strikes. Sometimes I'll get 1, other times 2-5, but I need 30 of those damned things again.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back