Destiny 2

I've played a lot of hours, and I've had zero crashes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess there is some type of problem but it must be some very specific hardware/software/driver combinations that are triggering it as the game is flawless for many if not more people.

I killed off the entire Destiny directory and loaded up that 1000W power supply last night. No crashes so far after 3.5 hours this morning. Had a few moments where the screen was literally full of grenade a and super effects and it was stable. Not sure if it's luck or one of those two things did the trick, but I'm glad to have gotten some playtime this morning.
I did a few of the holiday quests and got some decent stuff.

Anyone else disappointed with the Masterwork items you've gotten? So far they've all been inferior to the gear I've been rocking for a while. At best they've been worth breaking down to boost what I already have.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I killed off the entire Destiny directory and loaded up that 1000W power supply last night. No crashes so far after 3.5 hours this morning. Had a few moments where the screen was literally full of grenade a and super effects and it was stable. Not sure if it's luck or one of those two things did the trick, but I'm glad to have gotten some playtime this morning.

Interesting. This was the only game (or any situation on your computer) you had those issues with?

Anyone else disappointed with the Masterwork items you've gotten? So far they've all been inferior to the gear I've been rocking for a while. At best they've been worth breaking down to boost what I already have.

So far I haven't been blown away.

Interesting. This was the only game (or any situation on your computer) you had those issues with?

That's the only issue to date in any game or any program. I just finished another 2-hour playthrough sans any issues, so whatever it is/was, I appear to have at least mostly fixed it.

Still haven't gotten a masterwork that's worth a damn. I've completed 3 of the holiday quests and have gotten better stuff from those. They're mostly shaders and non-essential gear, but they at least look cool. I wish there were some shaders that feature black, purple, and navy more. I have a couple that do, but not enough to do my whole gear set. A mostly black outfit for a hunter seems like it would be cool, IMO.

The few masterwork weapons I've gotten have been crap and didn't give me anything to use towards upgrading non-masterwork weapons. My Destiny 2 playtime is dropping like a rock...

The few masterwork weapons I've gotten have been crap and didn't give me anything to use towards upgrading non-masterwork weapons. My Destiny 2 playtime is dropping like a rock...

My playtime is in decline as well.

I deleted the whole game and the cvar directory, managed to play a good 30 min b4 it crashed again.

Still no crashes after a couple hours this morning. I guess I've gone all of the holiday quests thus far. Not sure what else I feel like doing at this point. I'm at level 310 and there isn't much else beyond strikes and crucible. I like the gear I have, so it's just a matter of boosting it. I'll probably do some more of the holiday missions (if they have more) but I'm otherwise probably gonna take a break and wait for some new content.

like this
Looks like the Holiday missions reset daily. I like some of the shaders, but the ships are kind of ugly and the Sparrows and Ghosts aren't as good as the ones I already have. I got a weapon for my first one, but haven't seen any more. While they could be extremely tedious, most have an associated mission filled with the type of enemies you have to kill.

Just based on my Google news feed, it sounds like people are livid with the Eververse store. I don't quite get the hate. It's all optional and cosmetic stuff. I think some gamers just get OCD when it comes to collectables or something. My gripe is probably the opposite - I wish these items were more useful and less cosmetic. If someone is going to pay for items, they should probably get more than shaders and gun ornaments. Nothing unbalancing, but what's a good gun or two?

like this
Game had been running flawless with 0 issues until last night. After installing Corsair CUE, I had 2 in game errors occur. May be a coincidence.

Still no crashes here, so it was either the game files or my power supply. I'm just going to leave this 1000W one in.

Game-wise, it seems like there is a straight-up wall at level 310. None of my blue or purple drops are over level 305. I even got a gold drop that was level 310 and nothing would boost it higher.
I've gained 2-3 "levels" via bright engrams, but that hasn't seemingly done anything. The holiday rewards are nothing but shaders, ships, and ghosts now, too.
If there's nothing left to do I might just bail soon.

Still no crashes here, so it was either the game files or my power supply. I'm just going to leave this 1000W one in.

Game-wise, it seems like there is a straight-up wall at level 310. None of my blue or purple drops are over level 305. I even got a gold drop that was level 310 and nothing would boost it higher.
I've gained 2-3 "levels" via bright engrams, but that hasn't seemingly done anything. The holiday rewards are nothing but shaders, ships, and ghosts now, too.

Bizarrely I've actually started to gain in the mid 3-teens here recently because I felt I'd hit the same brick wall. I halfway wonder if there was a tweak. All I've been doing recently is the dawning stuff.

Nice to see someone got it fixed, still no dice here. This is my first game ever from bungie and if they don't fix it soon, most likely my last.

You probably already know this but make sure to complete the ‘powerful gear’ tasks to progress your character. Other than that I infuse like crazy to progress a level or two here and there. I’ve got three characters at 320-ish power level. I don’t know man, something about the gear grind just appeals to me. I love games like this.

I was going to buy a new 1080 TI graphics card. I was on the fence over the purchase... When I realized it came with a copy of Destiny 2, I actually removed the card from my checkout cart.

Same cards are now $100 less, and don't come with Destiny 2 bundled.

I finally got around to leveling my 2nd character over the xmas break. With that 2nd character I was able to colevel both mine to 331 and 328. I was previously "stuck" at 325.

I would be up for a an H raid of leviathan or something. Is there a Discord [H] channel available?

I've been in 3 clans now, never ever ever see anyone on, even on Friday or Saturday nights. Sometimes I wonder if people actually play this game. Still haven't done a nightfall or raid because I have nobody to play with, you go to those sites that organize outside the game and nobody wants you if you haven't done it before.

I've been in 3 clans now, never ever ever see anyone on, even on Friday or Saturday nights. Sometimes I wonder if people actually play this game. Still haven't done a nightfall or raid because I have nobody to play with, you go to those sites that organize outside the game and nobody wants you if you haven't done it before.

I feel ya. I would be down playing this four or five nights a week with a group of people. Unfortunately there is little reason to play the game every night so people just drop the game quickly. My group went from playing every night to playing every Tuesday in about five weeks. Then CoO came out and I was the only one who bought it, so then we all stopped playing.

I finally got around to leveling my 2nd character over the xmas break. With that 2nd character I was able to colevel both mine to 331 and 328. I was previously "stuck" at 325.

I would be up for a an H raid of leviathan or something. Is there a Discord [H] channel available?

Just created this discord server. Hope to see you guys online.

https://discord.gg/S6Ap6Gw

I'm still stuck at 310. I got 5 purple drops and and a gold last night. Either they're capped at 305 or "the base item isn't strong enough" to do anything with. I already have a legendary helmet at 315, so that's taken care of. Not sure what I have to do in order to get drops that are higher in level. I keep gaining bright engrams (leveling up) but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

I'm still stuck at 310. I got 5 purple drops and and a gold last night. Either they're capped at 305 or "the base item isn't strong enough" to do anything with. I already have a legendary helmet at 315, so that's taken care of. Not sure what I have to do in order to get drops that are higher in level. I keep gaining bright engrams (leveling up) but that doesn't seem to affect anything.
Are you completing milestones? The soft caps are ridiculous and are just another BS thing to fight through to enjoy the game. I've been 315ish for a bit and only now have started getting 309 blues and engrams.

Wifey and I have yet to do strikes and raids, but she's distracted trying to do the Dawning gifts even though I told her already that the loot pools are different. She's been annoyed since I have two exotic emotes (six shooter and salty) to her one (mic drop).

I went on for 35 mins and pushed both my characters to 331 and 329. The legendary gear quests or any key quest to get a particular weapon is my key for level gain lately. Using vault to swap weapons, I keep the highest # weapons on the character I am using to ensure they will get a higher drop weapon out of that higher than avg drop weapon. So take the mida scout quest; I just finished that a few days ago with my secondary (you can buy 5 scout rifle from nessus for the quest). My weapon gear was 326/321 and the drops of the same weapons were 332/333. I then swapped back to main with more power weapons and did the daily's which pushed the new standard drops higher.

I will pop in the discord server tonight (6pm onwards EST)

I just bought my second account after my first one was banned for no reason. They dont email you or tell you why, and refuse to talk to you. Absolute business practice, but the game is so good and my wife is loving it.

Are you completing milestones? The soft caps are ridiculous and are just another BS thing to fight through to enjoy the game. I've been 315ish for a bit and only now have started getting 309 blues and engrams.

Yeah, along with the Holiday stuff, I do whatever the milestones are for the planets I'm on. I keep getting the same weapons/armor I already have when I complete them, too. I'm wondering if I artificially inflated my level (with a couple items that dropped as 315) and now it wants me to gain 10 levels to "catch up" to them.

The only way you can get higher level stuff after you've reached 280 is by getting "powerful engrams" which you get by doing weekly milestones or the weapon quests. Every normal engram that drops is 10 below your current level. So if you have one item that is more than 10 below you could get upgrades for that.
Make sure you infuse higher level items into the ones you can use, and apply the purple mods to everything for +5 power.

I just bought my second account after my first one was banned for no reason. They dont email you or tell you why, and refuse to talk to you. Absolute business practice, but the game is so good and my wife is loving it.

I'm still debating if I jump in this game. I like PVE games like Rainbow 6 Siege Terrorist hunt. But being banned for no reason AND no possibility to revert the situation with customer support AND having to buy the game twice is a huge turn off for me.

Reactions: Dan
like this
I'm rocking purple upgrades on everything...which seemed to boost each item by 5 points initially. I don't have any weapon quests left. I did all of those (or at least all I'm aware of) back before the DLC launched.
I'm doing the milestones but the rewards seem to just be the exact same items I already have. Probably because it feels like I've been doing them forever.

Are there additional legendary weapon quests that show up in the DLC? I'd love some more missions that don't involve repeating old quests or those horrid "infinite forest" levels.

I'm rocking purple upgrades on everything...which seemed to boost each item by 5 points initially. I don't have any weapon quests left. I did all of those (or at least all I'm aware of) back before the DLC launched.
I'm doing the milestones but the rewards seem to just be the exact same items I already have. Probably because it feels like I've been doing them forever.

Are there additional legendary weapon quests that show up in the DLC? I'd love some more missions that don't involve repeating old quests or those horrid "infinite forest" levels.
Have you added legendary mods to your gear? This will raise the respective power level by 5. You can also obtain powerful engrams by doing certain activities with clan mates.

I'll be happy to help you out with getting you power level up later today. Look for Gorunova on the discord channel.

I'm still debating if I jump in this game. I like PVE games like Rainbow 6 Siege Terrorist hunt. But being banned for no reason AND no possibility to revert the situation with customer support AND having to buy the game twice is a huge turn off for me.

This game is a lot of fun and I believe it's on sale right now. Let me know if you need a clan invite.

I'm so sick of the fucking retarded nova bomb spam in mayhem, if these devs could get their heads out of their asses for more than 15 seconds a year this game could be pretty fun.

Yea the nova bomb issue is annoying. This said, we've won against a couple of teams only using nova bombs because they become tunneled vision.

Just to make sure we’re talking the same language: open the map and hold E. There should be a handful of milestones that reward ‘powerful gear’ engrams. This is how you push through the soft level caps. Three of these milestones are easily completed as a solo player: call to arms (crucible), flashpoint (public events), and heroic strikes. Completing these will absolutely give you higher level gear. These milestones reset every week on Tuesday.

The reason I’m saying all this is because “I'm doing the milestones but the rewards seem to just be the exact same items I already have“ leads me to believe you’re not actually completing the milestones. Happy hunting :)

Last edited:
I'm so sick of the fucking retarded nova bomb spam in mayhem, if these devs could get their heads out of their asses for more than 15 seconds a year this game could be pretty fun.

My first character was a Hunter. I just rolled a Warlock alt. I don't play PvP but I did notice; holy balls the Nova Bomb is OP. I can only imagine what it's like in PvP

My first character was a Hunter. I just rolled a Warlock alt. I don't play PvP but I did notice; holy balls the Nova Bomb is OP. I can only imagine what it's like in PvP

Well in mayhem mode it recharges instantly if you hold down the button (its a glitch/exploit) so you have people sitting there spamming that shit all over the map, its so dumb. They said they know its a problem but because its a temporary mode it doesn't need to be fixed.

Back