Destiny 2

What am I supposed to do with all my glimmer? I was maxed out at 99,999 but I can't figure out what it's for honestly. I spent half of it buying guns from the crucible vendor just to find out the hard way that those guns don't dismantle into weapon parts or whatever it is you turn in for reputation gains.

You'll need the glimmer to mod weapons and armor and to apply shaders.

Yup, the terrible mod system will eat all your glimmer when you get serious about getting specific legendary mods.

You can only buy random rare mods, then when you finally get 3 rare mods of the type you want you trade them in for the legendary version. If you don't get the one you want you buy more rares or dismantle two legendary mods and trade that in for a random legendary mod.

Then it is around 5000 glimmer to attach a legendary mod to armor I believe.

I think that's par for HDR. You'll probably have to adjust it using your monitor. Brightness or Contrast.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my display to work properly in HDR mode with the game. I have a 2015 Samsung 48JU6700. It's 8 bit and does handle HDR10, just not fully. So I think I need to set the desktop to 10bpc/YCbCr 4:2:2. Then set my display to "Game" mode. AFAIK this is the way to do it. Very confusing.

Any chill out [H] clans? Just started the game and only lvl 6 but I'm loving the gameplay so far.

Feel free to add me under Amarvin250

I play in the evenings during the week and plan to play a bunch this weekend.

This game is crashing so much on my setup it's pretty much unplayable.

There's nothing out of the ordinary about my setup:

[email protected], 1080Ti@4k.

This game is crashing so much on my setup it's pretty much unplayable.

There's nothing out of the ordinary about my setup:

[email protected], 1080Ti@4k.

Interesting, maybe try a driver update? I didnt even update to the latest game ready driver and D2 hasnt ever crashed for me. I also play on 4k but with a 1070.

Finished the main campaign and I like that its more varied in pace and had some nice vehicle sections. However the boss fights arent anywhere near as challenging as D1 in my opinion. Probably start fireteam tomorrow. Ended the game around 190 power~.

One of the more unusual things about this game is that it's the first HDR game I can recall that actually uses my current calibration settings. Normally I have to crank my TV's brightness, tinker with the saturation, etc. but Destiny looks best just using the same settings I use for my desktop.

Seems SLI is broken. With SLI enabled GPU utilization is 46% on both cards and framerate never exceeds 50fps. Go to single card and GPU utilization on the single card is 95% and frame rate goes to 107. Guess that SLI support will have to wait.

How do I play the missions in a squad/multiplayer? I'm a bit lost here. How do factions work?

Also, I can't hear anyone else over voice chat (probably a good thing). Shouldn't I just be able to hear people near me talking?

How do I play the missions in a squad/multiplayer? I'm a bit lost here. How do factions work?

Also, I can't hear anyone else over voice chat (probably a good thing). Shouldn't I just be able to hear people near me talking?
The answer to all your questions is fire teams. Add players to your fire team to do missions with them, and only players in your fire team will hear your voice chat. So either premade teams with friends or if you solo que into crucible/strikes then as long as your allies have voice chat on they will hear you

Seems SLI is broken. With SLI enabled GPU utilization is 46% on both cards and framerate never exceeds 50fps. Go to single card and GPU utilization on the single card is 95% and frame rate goes to 107. Guess that SLI support will have to wait.
Not sure if you got the memo but pretty much the whole industry dropped SLI.

Single 1080Ti does everything anyway, and Volta will be the final nail in the multiGPU coffin.

Nope, SLI works flawlessly for me using the latest drivers. Utilization is in the 80s and 90s on avg

Holy shit I love this game... and it runs like a champ at 4k with all the goodies enabled or high (sans motion blur). I came into this knowing nothing of what it was but I really love the blend of fps and rpg. It's very pretty and really fun.

Happy 1st ever Tuesday, PC Master Race! I guess technically it's the day after Xursday but whatevs

This game has some of the worst netcode I've literally ever seen. Zero improvement whatsoever over Destiny 1. It's so fucking annoying trade killing someone with a solid second of delay.

Combined with the even longer time to kill, you as an individual have much less chance to make a play and instead it's skewed towards roaming as a 4 person clusterfuck and hoping you melt someone instantly.

This game has some of the worst netcode I've literally ever seen. Zero improvement whatsoever over Destiny 1. It's so fucking annoying trade killing someone with a solid second of delay.

Combined with the even longer time to kill, you as an individual have much less chance to make a play and instead it's skewed towards roaming as a 4 person clusterfuck and hoping you melt someone instantly.
This video was made after the beta, but it's still interesting to watch:

Also, I did the two Crucible matches in the very beginning of the game - I was level 2:

Destiny 2 Screenshot 2017.10.27 - 20.53.16.51.png

No, it's a list of games that have supported SLI over the last fourteen years and there is no game from 2017 on it. If I didn't know that it was inaccurate I'd say that it proves the argument against SLI.

ugghh *facepalm*

I have been running SLI since it was a thing and support for it has never been better. I don't understand the hate for it by people like you. It's as trivial as the AMD vs Nvidia shit.

I like how comically good melee is. Or how incredibly easy the story is. Or a mixture of the 2.

Source: punched the final 2 bosses of the campaign to death with my partner without dying.

http://dulfy.net/2017/10/23/destiny-2-comprehensive-new-player-guide/#Gear_Progression

great guide here guys to help

when I hit 259 you can go turn in some tokens are a rep place. I had almost 200 for EZD and that got me all the way up to 270 almost. Then a couple of quests for some exotics got me to 280.

Once you hit 280 you can get legendary mods that bumped me to 284

Definitely look up guides on the leg mods and on infusions. That will go along way when you get higher up.

https://imgur.com/a/UV2Nm
UV2Nm

Screenshot of my exotic hand cannon as a bonus

http://dulfy.net/2017/10/23/destiny-2-comprehensive-new-player-guide/#Gear_Progression

great guide here guys to help

when I hit 259 you can go turn in some tokens are a rep place. I had almost 200 for EZD and that got me all the way up to 270 almost. Then a couple of quests for some exotics got me to 280.

Once you hit 280 you can get legendary mods that bumped me to 284

Definitely look up guides on the leg mods and on infusions. That will go along way when you get higher up.

https://imgur.com/a/UV2Nm
UV2Nm

Screenshot of my exotic hand cannon as a bonus

Man I’ve been cashing in the rep tokens as I get them...
Time to start stockpiling them.

anyone have a good clan? PM me, i got me and a few friends

How do you farm exotic crystals in this game for XUR?
Do you need to be level 20 at least for them to drop?

How do you farm exotic crystals in this game for XUR?
Do you need to be level 20 at least for them to drop?

You don't. Legendary shards are the currency for Xur now. You get them by dismantling legendary and exotic items.

Ok thanks is there any other way like from Crucible drops? Usually I want to keep my exotic stuff unless it's low level.

Farm public events, do the heroic versions and get loot and tokens. Cash the tokens in for legendary gear and dismantle the ones you don't like. Eventually you will be getting duplicates all over the place and will only care about the powerful engram rewards from the milestones.

Finally got some time to play this morning. I'm having a fun time with it. It's more of the same, which is fine by me.
In spite of having no performance drops in the early areas (mainly from the demo), I've had to back off on some of my settings once the real game began. It feels like open areas with multiple paths seem to be where the performance hits are. Especially once other players are involved. I dialed my render resolution back to 65% and that seemed to do the trick.

Found a weird bug where the game simply won't let you exit with a gamepad. It'll ask you "are you sure you want to exit" but no matter what you choose, it thinks you responded negatively.

Farm public events, do the heroic versions and get loot and tokens. Cash the tokens in for legendary gear and dismantle the ones you don't like. Eventually you will be getting duplicates all over the place and will only care about the powerful engram rewards from the milestones.

sadly that is where I am

I am just waiting for the reset now lol

First time ever playing a Destiny game. I haven't owned a console since the original X Box million years ago. I'm a PC gamer. Anyways just installed it the game last night, played up to the Titan chapter. First impressions;

- Playing at 4K res "High" settings, not Highest. I'm getting 55 to 60 fps, game looks pretty good. Not jaw dropping great, but I like it.
- Feels sort of like a cross between Skyrim + Half Life 2 is that makes any sense.
- Ok so this is a multiplayer game, like MMO type of game ? Sort of confused about that. I see these Crucible deathmatch games, but I am not into deathmatch whatsoever.
- I'd like to play in like a Guild or group of players, going through objectives and quests together as a team. Or is this not that type of game ?
- The action and fights seems a mixed bag. Some parts I am really into it, very fun, and cool guns. But then other times I am feeling the game is generic and sort of average.
- Too early to give a review, I like the game, don't love it. Wish it was more of a MMO with real players running around the game world to join up together and do quests or missions as teams.

Back