Destiny 2

I guess I misunderstood this game. It's more of a single player linear story game, not a MMO or big multiplayer game I was thinking it was.

Sure it has team deathmatch which 20yrs ago was cool, not today.

I thought this was a sci fi fantasy open world PVE multiplayer game, with story driven quests to do in groups together, and dungeon and raid type story driven scenario's to run as a team.

Not sure why I thought that. But so far it just seems like a generic Half Life 2.5 type game.

I have seen some real players in the PVE story campaign part of the game, but real players when I see them don't seem to add anything to gameplay, I couldn't interact with them really, or whisper them to join my quest. Nobody seemed to help each other much when we ran into each other. It seemed strange to all of a sudden see couple real players, but not really doing anything together. The game should auto group us or something.

I am totally confused when I see real players in the story world, how do I start a chat with them ? How do I form a quick party group to do some missions ? I don't see any options to do that ???

And Raids ? What level do those start at ? I am currently level 10 ( power level 94 ) or whatever that's called ?

The raid is a recommended power level of 270. I think it launches Wednesday for PC. To get raid ready you should do the weekly Nightfall strike which is power level 240 and then make sure you finish all the weekly milestones. Those only come into play after you finish the story.

I wouldn't worry about grouping with randoms too much until after you finish the story as you will never know what mission they are on, if any.

Thanks for the tips so far in Destiny 2. I Like I said I am brand new to the Destiny series, and totally confused on how this game works.

- Would you say the story line game is sort of like WoW Legion, in the idea like if you start off at Level 100, you need to grind through the quest stories and level up to 110, then the game really opens up with Dungeons, and Mythic + and Raids. But before 110, you need to go through all of Broken Isles and get those ten levels first. Sure there's dungeons along the way and group quests, from 100 to 110, but not much use for XP and leveling up, your best to just focus solo and grind it through yourself. Is that what Destiny 2 is like ? I need to grind it out through the main story line first, before the end game opens up ?

- How do Levels work in this game ? What's max level in Destiny 2 ? I see there's your true level, and a power level ? Is that like iLvl or gear score ? I am currently Level 10 and Power Level 94 or whatever that's called.

- So I basically need to grind through the entire main story and get to top level cap, before Raids or other team based questing opens up ?

Ja, I never understood why people describe this as an MMO as it's far from it. Gives people the wrong impression. Comparing it to a game like Borderlands is more appropriate in both the gameplay and multiplayer aspect.

Ja, I never understood why people describe this as an MMO as it's far from it. Gives people the wrong impression. Comparing it to a game like Borderlands is more appropriate in both the gameplay and multiplayer aspect.

It seems a lot more linear than Borderlands but yeah, I agree.

Not sure why i was thinking that ? Maybe the videos and early previews and ads had me a little confused as to the type of game this truly is ? I thought it was a combo of Sci Fi shooter storyline game, coupled with real live players joining you in the world, to do group questing and end game Raids sort of like an MMO. I knew it wasn't WoW type huge open world, didn't expect that, but I did expect more than this single player linear story driven game I am currently playing.

I guess I need to reach end level cap 20 and power Level 260 before the game opens up the good contnet ?

Not sure why i was thinking that ? Maybe the videos and early previews and ads had me a little confused as to the type of game this truly is ? I thought it was a combo of Sci Fi shooter storyline game, coupled with real live players joining you in the world, to do group questing and end game Raids sort of like an MMO. I knew it wasn't WoW type huge open world, didn't expect that, but I did expect more than this single player linear story driven game I am currently playing.

I guess I need to reach end level cap 20 and power Level 260 before the game opens up the good contnet ?

Most stuff will unlock when you finish the story and hit base level 20. Once there you can unlock the weekly milestones and start a few of the exotic quests while working up to 260ish to tackle the raid.

Ultimately the game is all about the power level grind. Some people embrace it and find a group to run the weekly content with in the quest for better loot. Others don't see the point and give up shortly after finishing the story.

The end game isn't really there yet. The raid is good but not something to run over and over on each character. The milestones take a few hours each week to finish. If you like PvP then Trials might keep you busy but after that it's a little barren.

My usual pattern has me playing like crazy for a month or two after launch then taking it easy until the next DLC. When that launches I play for another month and then it tapers off. Rinse and repeat for a few more content launches then it will be time for Destiny 3.

Hm, I have been having some weird brightness/lighting issues now. Sometimes the brightness is just too low and then sometimes its ridiculously bright. What makes matters even more confusing is when I tab out to go do something and come back the brightness is really high. Its starting to really hurt my eyes.

Its amazing how easy this game is on pc vs ps4. Any area I had trouble with on the ps4 I breeze through at a full sprint most of the time.

The draw distance increase lets you pick off guys way out of sight on the ps4. and 100fps vs 30 is way better.

The problem is player count though. On ps4 I have never had an empty public event yet. On PC I never hardly see another player in general. Its kinda sad this close after release.

Its amazing how easy this game is on pc vs ps4. Any area I had trouble with on the ps4 I breeze through at a full sprint most of the time.

The draw distance increase lets you pick off guys way out of sight on the ps4. and 100fps vs 30 is way better.

The problem is player count though. On ps4 I have never had an empty public event yet. On PC I never hardly see another player in general. Its kinda sad this close after release.

I swear I read that the empty game worlds are a known issue. Hopefully they fix it soon.

I'll often fast travel 5-6 times to find people to help with a public event. Don't forget about fast travel if there's no one around. I can duo most heroic public events, but don't bother unless there's at least one person to help.

It's frustrating being a few seconds from triggering the heroic version of the Walker, and the dang Walker dies. For that public event I tend to spread the arc charges around the first time they drop, otherwise someone will grab a Scorch Cannon and kill the Walker just as I've got seconds to go on the last arc charge (which triggers the heroic version for anyone that doesn't know). If someone's doing the arc charges on the Walker public event, don't grab a scorch cannon and kill the walker too fast!.

I haven't really had an issue with a lack of other players. I did encounter that (fairly rugged) Servitor event solo one time, but I've had other players around for all of the others.
A friend of mine explained to me how a few of them could become Legendary, and of course I was screwing that up for everyone on Saturday. I have managed to stumble upon people that had already triggered it a time or two, though. Those events make your levels more or less skyrocket.

I play at night but it's eastern, definitely not LATE - 10PM - midnight or so, and I usually pick Nessus because I've felt like it had the highest population / most easy to get to public events. Last night I was fast traveling like a mofo and showing up to dead events, no one there. Tried fast traveling 3-4 times to the same spot...guess it was just an unlucky night. I will say that alone ruins the game. I'm down to add any of you guys as friends if you want just add me and we can do stuff together. Blizz tag: delita#11719

I play at night but it's eastern, definitely not LATE - 10PM - midnight or so, and I usually pick Nessus because I've felt like it had the highest population / most easy to get to public events. Last night I was fast traveling like a mofo and showing up to dead events, no one there. Tried fast traveling 3-4 times to the same spot...guess it was just an unlucky night. I will say that alone ruins the game. I'm down to add any of you guys as friends if you want just add me and we can do stuff together. Blizz tag: delita#11719

Add me Gorunova#1933

i'm really loving this game, but they need to add some social elements to the game. for example we should be able to:
- talk over mic to random players nearby
- global text chat
- better system for teaming up with random players to complete strikes or run open world activities

I'm thinking along the lines of the system used in The Division, which is fantastic. i've tried several times to communicate with other players during public events and either they can't hear me or they don't have microphones to talk back.

i'm really loving this game, but they need to add some social elements to the game. for example we should be able to:
- talk over mic to random players nearby
- global text chat
- better system for teaming up with random players to complete strikes or run open world activities

I'm thinking along the lines of the system used in The Division, which is fantastic. i've tried several times to communicate with other players during public events and either they can't hear me or they don't have microphones to talk back.

My same beef. I do the Public Events, see and real players, but no idea how to communicate or chat with them ? How do I invite then to my Party group ?

My same beef. I do the Public Events, see and real players, but no idea how to communicate or chat with them ? How do I invite then to my Party group ?

Press the U key on your keyboard to open the fireteam menu. From there you can invite other players near you and join public groups.

I believe you can chat with your fireteam by pressing the T button, but you may need to check keybindings for that.

Level 15 now leveling pretty fast at Events I'm on the quest trying to free Cayde or whoever this guy is I'm sure some Destiny lore buff will fill me in. I wish the gameplay was something other than just shooting I knew what I was getting into when I got the game but there are some screenshots I took that have some really nice WOW moments. Then you go back to the gameplay and it's just isn't very fun. I mean Borderlands 2 gunplay was alot more fun I'm not sure why. The Destiny Orb thing is still the most annoying thing in the game. I can't play this game more than 2-3 hours it just gets mundane.
They really needed to switch up the AI and pain in the butt enemies in this game but I suppose they had to be true to the original.

I'm level 20 now I see they light level bar on the Bottom I suppose that is what Bungie expects for you to keep coming back to the game. I got two ships when I reached level 20 thank god the ugly starter one I got with my Titan is gone.
Still don't have a speeder bike but I got the SunShot pistol or whatever but it's a low level doens't scale for some reason.

I'm level 20 now I see they light level bar on the Bottom I suppose that is what Bungie expects for you to keep coming back to the game. I got two ships when I reached level 20 thank god the ugly starter one I got with my Titan is gone.
Still don't have a speeder bike but I got the SunShot pistol or whatever but it's a low level doens't scale for some reason.
right click on your sunshot in the menu, this should bring up the customization window. there you can upgrade the weapon with another handcannon that has higher base damage. thats the primary way to do it i think. sunshot is amazing btw, got it early and have been using it all game. no other exotic is as satisfying to use so far.

Level 15 now leveling pretty fast at Events I'm on the quest trying to free Cayde or whoever this guy is I'm sure some Destiny lore buff will fill me in. I wish the gameplay was something other than just shooting I knew what I was getting into when I got the game but there are some screenshots I took that have some really nice WOW moments. Then you go back to the gameplay and it's just isn't very fun. I mean Borderlands 2 gunplay was alot more fun I'm not sure why. The Destiny Orb thing is still the most annoying thing in the game. I can't play this game more than 2-3 hours it just gets mundane.
They really needed to switch up the AI and pain in the butt enemies in this game but I suppose they had to be true to the original.

I find it hard to believe you have no idea who Cayde is especially since he was a part of Destiny 1's story line. Not to mention you had your own personal Destiny Blog thread here with 5 minute updates on what you were doing in the game.......

Destiny_2_Screenshot_2017.11.01_-_07.17.54.19.png

First Strike mission it was a blast!!!!!!!!! Died a few times but so did my 3 person team the most fun is using your Super on the final Boss I wrecked him twice with my Titan shield bash got his slow health bar down.
The loot wasn't very good......still don't have a sparrow for the life of it I'm liking my Titan more so than I did my warlock simply because the Ice Shield is helpfull when you are getting nuked by a dozen pin pointing bad AI enemies. You can hide behind something and you still get hit by the AI fire so you put a shield up for extra protection when you need your regular shield charged up.

Add me to your friends list- I'm looking for people to play with.

Wagman#1493

Hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes the issues with frame drops. It's a known issue that being in a clan for SOME UNKNOWN REASON causes lots of lag. But because of all of the positives of being in a clan, definitely won't drop out. It's just really annoying because I'll be getting a smooth 60 and then all of a sudden I'm getting like 30 max and the only thing that fixes the game is restarting it. Also the game ends up crashing every once in a while too - reason I'm not even worried about the raid today. I would lose my mind if I got dropped because of some stupid bug.

I still have heard absolutely no voice chat in this game. Does anybody talk at all?

Mods? How do I use them? I'm level 13 already and I have no idea what to do with them.

I saw that. How do I apply them from the inventory. I'm a bit confused.

I got an Nvidia key for this off the FS forums, going to give it a shot. Seems to be the kind of game I like to play but I never played the first one.

This game is a blast, as long as you don't think about it in the traditional MMO sense. It's great for jumping into if you only have an hour or two to game. I've been having fun doing things solo or finding random players. I do need to find a Clan though, I think that would make it much more fun.

Compared to the first game I'm leveling up super, super fast. I'm only a few missions into the 2nd planet and I'm already at level 15. In the first game I don't think I hit the max regular level until I was about the play the "final" mission. Those public events keep popping up and it's not like I'm not going to take part.

Compared to the first game I'm leveling up super, super fast. I'm only a few missions into the 2nd planet and I'm already at level 15. In the first game I don't think I hit the max regular level until I was about the play the "final" mission. Those public events keep popping up and it's not like I'm not going to take part.

And then somehow you end up doing it. ;)

My approach has been to finish the adventures on each planet before continuing the next stop on the story campaign. I hit level 20 on Nessus. I've got some legendary gear, a sparrow, and a bunch of other goodies so I'm certainly going to be locked and loaded when I finish the story campaign.

So far this game has been nothing but the usual FPS crack that I expected it to be. :)

Back