Destiny 2

is the single player campaign good enough?

The game doesn't truly begin until you finish campaign and that was true with D1, but the single player campaign is truly great, I enjoyed the story. I'm a continuing player from D1 and D2 is good at making you feel the struggle (environments are breathtaking) but once you hit requirements to go do the first Raid, you're interest will start waning as you realize the purpose of the "the grind" is to get max power level and loot which currently serves no purpose. Correction, it'll get you ready for the expansion.

TLDR: It'll hold your attention for the first month, beyond that you start searching for alternatives.

My main complaint about this game in the Beta was too much going on the screen as far as X-plosions and particle effects was just hard on the eyes so I'm going to turn all that Jazz off when the game hits.

My main complaint about this game in the Beta was too much going on the screen as far as X-plosions and particle effects was just hard on the eyes so I'm going to turn all that Jazz off when the game hits.

Yes, you will have engagements where you're screen will be a 20 minute fireworks show, hoping you don't get seizures from all that space magic. It's those engagements that bog down X1 framerates to studder/skip.

Is this game a FPS MMO or something? All my friends are getting it and I don't even know what it is.

If it's not some shallow questing mmo or something I'll probably consider getting it mainly to play with friends if it's not too grindy.

I really like a lot of their gaming write ups.

yeah you wouldn't think a financial magazine would have good gaming articles but I find a lot of their reviews/editorials/write-ups to be very well done

Is this game a FPS MMO or something? All my friends are getting it and I don't even know what it is.

If it's not some shallow questing mmo or something I'll probably consider getting it mainly to play with friends if it's not too grindy.

It is kind of like The Divison but instead of NYC and modern weapons, you get space and pew pew lasers,etc).

Loot and shoot with lots of grind.

This

yeah you wouldn't think a financial magazine would have good gaming articles but I find a lot of their reviews/editorials/write-ups to be very well done

OT, but their quote of the day pre-load page used to be annoying as all shit. As for their writing, some of it has been good. It's just nice to have another bunch of articles to read (but not when the stupid quote of the day page goes nuts).

I would classify this as an Online Mostly First Person Shooter Looter (have y'all played Borderlands?). OMFPS? Sure. The majority of the game is FPS, but there are some third person parts (i.e. your "super" abilities), there's an online/co-op experience, there's a PVP experience, but the RPG element is very very dumbed down.

Emotes and other MMO-ish activities are also very limited it would seem.

Finally hit 305 today, was stuck at 304 for 3 weeks and it was driving me insane lol
download.jpg

I always enjoy reading these guides.
Same. I love how they break down the performance and visual impact of every setting in the game.
That is some sick looking armor that is one of my favorite aspects of the game all the weird angled designed guns and armor in game.
Eh, I actually like the designs from the first game more. It seems that they forwent diverse designs to push people toward their real money shaders this time around.

I have not used a single shader yet in my 5 weeks with the game. I cant see my character and couldn't care less what he looks like.

You get plenty of them though normal play. I cant really see anyone being pushed into paying for them.

I have not used a single shader yet in my 5 weeks with the game. I cant see my character and couldn't care less what he looks like.

You get plenty of them though normal play. I cant really see anyone being pushed into paying for them.

This is a good point. In MMO's like GW2 where I was playing third person all the time, I actually gave a shit what my character looked like. In an FPS when the only time I see him is a character loading screen....who cares. Wouldn't spend a dime on these shaders.

This is a good point. In MMO's like GW2 where I was playing third person all the time, I actually gave a shit what my character looked like. In an FPS when the only time I see him is a character loading screen....who cares. Wouldn't spend a dime on these shaders.

Agreed, the white/gold shaders on my character are all from the raid, I've got so many of them now lol. I do enjoy some of their new armor sets but ya for the most part they are all pretty bland without a good shader\, the one in my picture is from the iron banner set (except for the helm lol)

For folks that want it, Nvidia put up a graphics and performance guide for the game: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/g...performance-guide?ncid=so-twi-dn2gspfgd-24431

thanks!

I always enjoy reading these guides.

Same. I love how they break down the performance and visual impact of every setting in the game.

ditto, really cool of nvidia to put these out.

fucking hyped for this game. I only work 3 days next week too.

yeah i'm hyped too. i only work 1 day next week. i have PTO to burn so i'm going in Monday and taking the rest of the week off to geek out :D

Same here, the 24th cant get here soon enough. It sucks we had to wait a month after the console release but hopefully that means they had time to fix a few things.

did most people here that are excited for the game play Destiny 1 on console?...and/or did you buy Destiny 2 on console?...am curious if the excitement is more from people who enjoyed the first game or are new to the franchise and just enjoyed the PC beta

did most people here that are excited for the game play Destiny 1 on console?...and/or did you buy Destiny 2 on console?...am curious if the excitement is more from people who enjoyed the first game or are new to the franchise and just enjoyed the PC beta
I was late to the party but did pick up Destiny 1 for PS4 and has a blast playing it. If it would have came out for PC I probably would have gotten it much sooner because I prefer playing FPS games with a keyboard and mouse. When I found out Destiny 2 was coming out for PC it was a no brainer for me that I would be getting the PC version and not the console version. Playing the beta pushed me over the edge and made me pre-order once I found a nice deal. I was worried it might be a crappy port to PC but from what I saw in the beta the was not the case.

New to the franchise and enjoyed the beta

I played both Destiny 1 and 2 on xbox...the wait for destiny 2 on PC was too long. I only preorded the DLC on PC though.

I'm gong to be so casual with this game as casual can get since their is no subscription for PS4+ or Xbox Online basically if you were short of time with a console it kinda forced alot of people to get their moneys worth with the game say you have a 3 month online subscription. I wish they would tone down the raid to make it easier on people which was the main attraction for the game and End Game for alot of people.

I'm gong to be so casual with this game since their is no subscription for PS4+ or Xbox Online basically if you were short of time with a console it kinda forced alot of people to get their moneys worth with the game say you have a 3 month online subscription. That is the way I seen it anyway.....

Most of those people buy subscriptions by the year man. I doubt anybody playing destiny is trying to get all their destiny in so they can cancel their subs.

The game has been out for multiple months and there are a lot of people who have played 100-200 hours or more. PC will be different though because there is new stuff to do every single week. Console was just released too soon, or they shouldn't have waited to release content until the PC version came out.

With the MMO RIFT they invented World Events GIANT BOSSES which would be interesting to see if Bungie would have a system like that for the game so you feel like you are participating to a bigger cause.
I did something similar in Destiny 1 but it just wasn't the same as the MMO Rift.

so 2 big AAA games launching this week...which will sell better (on PC)- Destiny 2 or Wolfenstein 2?

I'm hearing a lot ... a lot of negatives about Loot boxes / microtransactions and how easy it is to get the best gear in the game. You either buy it or it's given somewhat easy without any grinding.

I played the beta and while repetitive with a somewhat simplistic user interface I enjoyed it.

I want to feel like I've worked hard to earn by gear.

Probably not the game for me.

I'm hearing a lot ... a lot of negatives about Loot boxes / microtransactions and how easy it is to get the best gear in the game. You either buy it or it's given somewhat easy without any grinding.

I played the beta and while repetitive with a somewhat simplistic user interface I enjoyed it.

I want to feel like I've worked hard to earn by gear.

Probably not the game for me.

Any "loot" that you buy in Destiny 2 using actual currency is all cosmetic with the exception of ships or speeder bikes.

So the word is they've lost 78% of their player base since launch. Does not sound very good. Complaints are that it has absolutely no end-game.
Yeah it's been that complaint for a while now.

So much so that the devs mentioned it in one of their updates - paraphrasing here, but "the end game is the friendships you make along the way."

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381 said:
My challenge to every Guardian is to look to the human element in Destiny 2 to fuel your appetite for ultimate re-playability. The ultimate loot is the friendships that can grow out of a game like this. There will be more gear to add to your character (next week, even). The rewards that I’m talking about are the people in the community that thrives in this game. If you let them, they’ll make your hobby as a light-dealing hero on a starside campaign for glory even better.

Back