Destiny 2

Yeah bud you're missing a loooooooot.

Since you're a base D2 player at the max then you do have access to the Leviathan raid. But remember that being max level is not the same thing as being max light level. The max level currently is 50 and your light level (LL) is more or less your gear score. It's sort of Bungie's way of gating content that they feel you shouldn't be able to do yet. You've been away a while and the max LL currently is 600 although it'll soon be raised to 650.

To get the latest content you will definitely need to buy the expansion. The packages can be confusing if you haven't been paying any attention to this game at all but it has been simplified a little after the release of Forsaken. To break it down you have:
  • Destiny 2
  • Forsaken
  • Annual Pass
The year one expansion pass has been rolled into Forsaken so you get that for free if you purchase Forsaken now. Previously, much to the dismay of a lot of people, it was still a separate purcahse and part of a $70 Forsaken bundle. The annual pass is additional content for the Forsaken expansion. There'll be things available to only annual pass owners and things available to both Forsaken and annual pass owners.

As for sucking money out of players, this is what it is nowadays. Ubisoft is has one of the "better" developers recently about creating free additional content but that's mostly all paid now.

Thank you so much fir the detailed post. Yeah I haven't really played much since last year. I really liked the single player game, and how it was sort of an MMO, or CoOp type game.

But I will say I got confused on how you chatted with players or firmed groups to run content together. I wish there was a Group Finder type thing like WoW.

So for now, I need to pay $50 for this Forsaken expansion ?

And then level up some more in the single player campaign before getting into the Raids ?

Thank you so much fir the detailed post. Yeah I haven't really played much since last year. I really liked the single player game, and how it was sort of an MMO, or CoOp type game.

But I will say I got confused on how you chatted with players or firmed groups to run content together. I wish there was a Group Finder type thing like WoW.

So for now, I need to pay $50 for this Forsaken expansion ?

And then level up some more in the single player campaign before getting into the Raids ?

That's the basic run down, yeah. Although starting tomorrow, the first Forsaken DLC is going to be playable, so to play content from that you'd have to buy the new annual pass. Without the pass, you'll still be able to level your power up to 650, but you won't be able to do the new raid.

That's the basic run down, yeah. Although starting tomorrow, the first Forsaken DLC is going to be playable, so to play content from that you'd have to buy the new annual pass. Without the pass, you'll still be able to level your power up to 650, but you won't be able to do the new raid.

Thanks, but now I'm confused. I need to buy Forsaken + this annual pass thing too? Is there a package deal?

Thanks, but now I'm confused. I need to buy Forsaken + this annual pass thing too? Is there a package deal?

Think of Forsaken as Destiny 2.5. The "year 2 annual pass" is the dlc pass for Destiny 2.5. I believe there is a special edition of Forsaken you can buy that includes the pass, but I want to say to don't actually save any money.

If you don't buy the pass, they are at least letting you continue to increase you characters' power and keep up with pass owners, which will make is so you're still relevant in modes like Iron Banner that take gear into account. The downside is you won't be able to do any of the content from the new DLCs such as new raids or any game modes they may add.

Start with Forsaken and if you're "super-down", drop the extra $35 on the season pass.

(there are no bundle discounts)

Forsaken is so much better than the base content that it's crazy that the game came out like that in the first place. If you guys get up to the available light level and want to raid, post here! I'm sure we'll be able to rally and get enough people.

Forsaken is so much better than the base content that it's crazy that the game came out like that in the first place. If you guys get up to the available light level and want to raid, post here! I'm sure we'll be able to rally and get enough people.

I've got way too many motherboards to review to get that far in the game. Right now, I'm basically done with the Curse of Osiris and I've just started Warmind. I won't be able to get back to it this week in all likelyhood.

I've got way too many motherboards to review to get that far in the game. Right now, I'm basically done with the Curse of Osiris and I've just started Warmind. I won't be able to get back to it this week in all likelyhood.

Curse of Osiris is considered the weakest point of the paid content. Warmind is a decent deal better than that. Forsaken actually got me back into the game heavily.

I'm not sure if Osiris has any gear worthwhile but Warmind certainly has a few weapons that are common in higher level play and raiding situations.

Osiris sucked. The missions, the grindy nature, and most of the gear. For a while the only things of note were the Perfect Paradox shotgun (which is still solid) and the only exotic Ghost in the game. Now there are dozens of exotic ghosts and plenty of notable shotguns. Some of the forge weapons were passable, but they were only average to good even on launch. By now they're likely pointless.

Warmind is awesome, though. Lots of good weapons and fun missions there. The Sleeper is still an elite gun, too.

I enjoyed the Curse of Osiris well enough. I didn't pay attention to any of the gear as it was going to be nothing but a stop gap at best. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have used any gear from it. Everything I have used up to this point with few exceptions has been gear that was in the base game. I see Forsaken icons on some stuff even at lower levels. (I believe that's what that is in the corner.) I've used some of that gear as well. I'm not too deep into Warmind so I can't speak to that beyond saying that Javelin thing during the story missions and public events is fun.

I'm 585 and you have to be at least 615 to get that Foundry back up and running with two others. It's going to be a long time before I see it.

What is this nonsense all about?! lol

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
What is this nonsense all about?! lol

Black Armory dropped today. I sure hope I don't have this problem when I get home.. I'm PUMPED to play!

I'm 585 and you have to be at least 615 to get that Foundry back up and running with two others. It's going to be a long time before I see it.

Ouch, that's going to hurt even at 600. Though, this means you get content to look forward to unlike blowing through it like some of us. Shit I already have the steps prepared to get the new redacted that's hidden in the redacted.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Trying to get on but keep getting that damn message about restarting the blizzard app, code buffalo.

like this
Black Armory dropped today. I sure hope I don't have this problem when I get home.. I'm PUMPED to play!

Ouch, that's going to hurt even at 600. Though, this means you get content to look forward to unlike blowing through it like some of us. Shit I already have the steps prepared to get the new redacted that's hidden in the redacted.

It was brutal. The other PITA is a friggin' timer on this.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to get to like 1/2 of the new stuff they're dropping...and that's a good thing. Nobody can claim Destiny 2 doesn't have enough content anymore. It might be gated, but there's a lot there.

if any of you see BadGrandpa running around, that's me. I have a lvl 50 titan LL 505 or so and a lvl 30 hunter LL 311. I have exclusively done solo content, but would be down for grouping up with fellow [H]'rs

I just got home and turned in all my saved bounties from last week. Got quite a lot of 602 to 605 gear but I learned from the Forsaken grind to not spend a dime infusing things until I absolutely need to.

I think there was talk about the Scourge if the Past raid that drops Friday has a recommended power level of 640... Oof, I'm not dedicated enough with a full time job to get raid ready before then.

I'll enjoy watching the teams battle it out on Friday for Worlds First though!

Don't know why my luck turned around but I'm not complaining, I got Ikelos shotgun, lord of wolves, and dust rock blues after playing for like an hour.

Got to half way through the second phase 5 times. Gave up and started working on powerful rewards

Friday- Trinity Ghoul Exotic Bow
Saturday- Queenbreaker Exotic Fusion Rifle
Today- Sixth Cayote Exotic Chest Armour.
Random drops playing PVE

Today i started playing in the morning and then on and off all day. 18 prime engrams and 7 eververse engrams.
Escalation Protocol on Mars spits engrams out like a jellybean machine.

Last edited:
Got the LFG Discord working.. Thanks again for the link guys!

(kinda weird to setup but whatever.. 99% I set it up right lol)

Friday- Trinity Ghoul Exotic Bow
Saturday- Queenbreaker Exotic Fusion Rifle
Today- Sixth Cayote Exotic Chest Armour.
Random drops playing PVE

Today i started playing in the morning and then on and off all day. 18 prime engrams and 7 eververse engrams.
Escalation Protocol on Mars spits engrams out like a jellybean machine.

What the heck! Some guys have all the luck!

Got to half way through the second phase 5 times. Gave up and started working on powerful rewards

There's just no way I'm going to be able to get it done for the forseeable future. It's taken me a while to get into the 580s... 615?... lol, not anytime soon.

I'm still at 583 I think. No time to play yesterday, but I'll hopefully get some play time tonight and over the weekend.

There's just no way I'm going to be able to get it done for the forseeable future. It's taken me a while to get into the 580s... 615?... lol, not anytime soon.

Just keep grinding powerful rewards and nothing else.

Last night, after getting frustrated with the Forge, we did our flashpoint, strikes weekly and nightfall, Gambit daily (screw any more of that after the Breakneck grind) and the crucible weekly. I was up way too late but I did 3x daily bounties in the dreaming city so I can do 5x more today and finish that weekly.

This game is like a job if you want to power up as fast as possible.

Ended the night at 605. ugh

like this
Just keep grinding powerful rewards and nothing else.

Last night, after getting frustrated with the Forge, we did our flashpoint, strikes weekly and nightfall, Gambit daily (screw any more of that after the Breakneck grind) and the crucible weekly. I was up way too late but I did 3x daily bounties in the dreaming city so I can do 5x more today and finish that weekly.

This game is like a job if you want to power up as fast as possible.

Better than me. I did most of my powerfuls last night. I still have dreaming city, the raid, and gambit left. Ended up at 602 max (if I actually equip everything new) because RNGesus decided to screw me over by giving me like 4 helms and 3 energy weapons. Oh and my Prime from last night ended up being an edge transit....I mean come on man lol.

I bit the bullet and bought the Forsaken plus annual pass package for $69 I think that should allow me they get back into the game, and and play the current content?

Like I said I haven't really played this game in over a year my character is level 20 with like 250 gear score. not sure what to do don't I need to be level 30 and like 600 gear score to play the new content?

I guess I have a couple of options I get a free level 30 boost, or I can take my current level 20 character and run the old expansions to level him up?

my level 20 is a hunter and just for fun I created a warlock last night and ran through the beginning part and I have to say my goshm the couple weapons to warlock starts with and that starters on where a lot of fun and that character seem really cool.

And I haven't played a Titan yet.

so maybe best for me to decide if I want to use a level 30 boost on a Warlock or Titan?

I did try the new Gambit thing, that was a lot of fun. Even though I felt very under geared.

I have to say Destiny 2 is a really fun game, the graphics are great, the sound great, and the gameplay feel is outstanding

I was just going to brag about crashing at 3am lol

I quit right after I realized I couldn't tell the difference between motion blur being on vs off....

I'm super-tired, but it was worth it. Mostly because during last night's game, I had my "lightbulb" moment where it allllllll came together.

To quote Hook:
b20g9.gif

I bit the bullet and bought the Forsaken plus annual pass package for $69 I think that should allow me they get back into the game, and and play the current content?

Like I said I haven't really played this game in over a year my character is level 20 with like 250 gear score. not sure what to do don't I need to be level 30 and like 600 gear score to play the new content?

I guess I have a couple of options I get a free level 30 boost, or I can take my current level 20 character and run the old expansions to level him up?

my level 20 is a hunter and just for fun I created a warlock last night and ran through the beginning part and I have to say my goshm the couple weapons to warlock starts with and that starters on where a lot of fun and that character seem really cool.

And I haven't played a Titan yet.

so maybe best for me to decide if I want to use a level 30 boost on a Warlock or Titan?

I did try the new Gambit thing, that was a lot of fun. Even though I felt very under geared.

I have to say Destiny 2 is a really fun game, the graphics are great, the sound great, and the gameplay feel is outstanding

I'm at a similar level and I'm just running through the year 1 DLC stuff with my first character and then I'll use the lvl 30 boost for my alt.

If you are not sure where to go just pull up the director and press 'e' I think. It will have a milestone for each DLC. It will always lead you to the next mission. Finish Curse of Osiris, then Warmind, then Forsaken and you should be mostly caught up except for light level.

So did you infuse your stuff or just use what you got dropped?

The only stuff worth infusing as you level are your favorite/best weapons. Even then, only do it once in a while when they start to fall behind a lot.

The only stuff worth infusing as you level are your favorite/best weapons. Even then, only do it once in a while when they start to fall behind a lot.

Yea I know, I'm just seeing a lot of 615+ people already. The stuff I've been getting is shit guns with shit rolls, not worth using. It's also not worth wasting cores to go up 5-10 LL on your gear imo. My personal plan at least WAS wait until stuff is like ~625, then again at 650.

Back