Destiny 2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea I know, I'm just seeing a lot of 615+ people already. The stuff I've been getting is shit guns with shit rolls, not worth using. It's also not worth wasting cores to go up 5-10 LL on your gear imo. My personal plan at least WAS wait until stuff is like ~625, then again at 650.
Nothing is more annoying then getting that same item class 5 times in a row. Another annoying thing is when like everything is at the same gear level except that one set of boots....

Last edited:
Man, the nerf they did to the Forge made it much easier. Not sure if I like that but ok.

Got that 614 Hammerhead!

And o boy, the secrets in that room..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was considering it, I'll probably try out the skill on my echo and just do without the ghost. I have enough crap on my desk as it is.

For $10 /w free shipping.. Def worth it's place alongside my other collectibles.

I bit the bullet and bought the Forsaken plus annual pass package for $69 I think that should allow me they get back into the game, and and play the current content?

Like I said I haven't really played this game in over a year my character is level 20 with like 250 gear score. not sure what to do don't I need to be level 30 and like 600 gear score to play the new content?

I guess I have a couple of options I get a free level 30 boost, or I can take my current level 20 character and run the old expansions to level him up?

my level 20 is a hunter and just for fun I created a warlock last night and ran through the beginning part and I have to say my goshm the couple weapons to warlock starts with and that starters on where a lot of fun and that character seem really cool.

And I haven't played a Titan yet.

so maybe best for me to decide if I want to use a level 30 boost on a Warlock or Titan?

I did try the new Gambit thing, that was a lot of fun. Even though I felt very under geared.

I have to say Destiny 2 is a really fun game, the graphics are great, the sound great, and the gameplay feel is outstanding

I'm gonna say hold off on using your boost. Use it on an alternate. Go through Osiris and Warmind with your main character. Don't infuse anything, don't turn in planetary resources, and don't delete anything higher light level you can't use! Infusion costs too much when you'll be getting gear that keeps consistently outpacing your old gear. Planetary resources will be used up in infusing. The game will calculate higher powered gear you receive regardless of wearing it or not.

Feel free to ask any questions about the game. I'm sure most of us here can answer them.

Last edited:
This is two Mars flashpoints now where Ana's powerful drop wasn't powerful... I'm 612 and it dropped at 585. Two characters now. Ugh.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Did the forge and a few of it's dailies/weeklies last night. It's not too bad once you get above 610. It's doable before that, but you have much lower room for error. Ended up with a decent Hammerhead: Dynamite Sway Reduction, Rampage, Corkscrew Rifling, and Extended Mag. Now I just need to get my hands on the new rampage mod for my Breakneck.

Last edited:
I'm stuck at work so I'm gonna miss the race to world's first in the raid today. So excited to go to the old City!

Did the forge and a few of it's dailies/weeklies last night. It's not too bad once you get above 610. It's doable before that, but you have much lower room for error. Ended up with a decent Hammerhead: Dynamite Sway Reduction, Rampage, Corkscrew Rifling, and Extended Mag. Now I just need to get my hands on the new rampage mod for my Breakneck.
I just need to complete 2 more gambit matches to get the Breakneck. If the goal of the Breakneck objectives is to make you hate Gambit ... it has certainly accomplished that for me.

I just need to complete 2 more gambit matches to get the Breakneck. If the goal of the Breakneck objectives is to make you hate Gambit ... it has certainly accomplished that for me.

Are you solo queing? That's the killer. It's demoralizing.

Side note, congrats to Gigz and team T1 for completing the raid!

I'm gonna say hold off on using your boost. Use it on an alternate. Go through Osiris and Warmind with your main character. Don't infuse anything, don't turn in planetary resources, and don't delete anything higher light level you can't use! Infusion costs too much when you'll be getting gear that keeps consistently outpacing your old gear. Planetary resources will be used up in infusing. The game will calculate higher powered gear you receive regardless of wearing it or not.

Feel free to ask any questions about the game. I'm sure most of us here can answer them.

Thank you for the advice I went to use the boost on my level 21 Hunter but then it said I would lose the ability to play the two expansions and some other zones.

So I decided instead to create a brand-new Titan class character and boosted him which allowed me to immediately play Forsaken. I only played for about 20 minutes before bed but my God forsaken seems so much more fun so much more engaging than the base original Destiny 2. I found on my hunter when he was like level 20 going through the zones seem kind of boring and monotonous and somewhat generic.

Forsaken so far at least the beginning part seemed extremely exciting and not boring and not generic like the basic game was at launch.

How do I go about playing the tube many expansions that came out during the year? I suppose I could use my level 21 Hunter and run through those?

but for now I'm going to concentrate on my newly boosted level 30 Titan playing Forsaken that seems much more fun .What's the max level camp right now? This guy's level 30 I thought I see a bunch of 50 people running around as level 50 the new cap?

Thank you for the advice I went to use the boost on my level 21 Hunter but then it said I would lose the ability to play the two expansions and some other zones.

So I decided instead to create a brand-new Titan class character and boosted him which allowed me to immediately play Forsaken. I only played for about 20 minutes before bed but my God forsaken seems so much more fun so much more engaging than the base original Destiny 2. I found on my hunter when he was like level 20 going through the zones seem kind of boring and monotonous and somewhat generic.

Forsaken so far at least the beginning part seemed extremely exciting and not boring and not generic like the basic game was at launch.

How do I go about playing the tube many expansions that came out during the year? I suppose I could use my level 21 Hunter and run through those?

but for now I'm going to concentrate on my newly boosted level 30 Titan playing Forsaken that seems much more fun .What's the max level camp right now? This guy's level 30 I thought I see a bunch of 50 people running around as level 50 the new cap?

The max level cap is 50, but your light level (gear level) can go to 650 I believe.

Still gotta run the first Forge on my third toon and now the 2nd forge opened.

I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do now.

2nqth12.jpg

… and I shall never play Gambit again.

Still gotta run the first Forge on my third toon and now the 2nd forge opened.

I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do now.

Yeah, the game's got a lot of content. I was actually somewhat disappointed in Forsaken, but mostly because the 8+ boss fights get a little repetitive. Evidently, Bungie doesn't know how to create a boss fight without a fuck ton of adds. It gets old after awhile. Aside from that, there is a lot of content there and it was enjoyable. I'm looking forward to this Black Armory stuff. My girlfriend saw I was having a good time with the game and bought me the annual pass, which was nice. She also bought me the Ghost linked above. :D

Forsaken is incredibly better than Destiny 2 or the first expansion pass. It isn't even funny how much better it is.

If you've boosted your way through on your Titan then you should be open and available to doing particular weapon quest chains that will net you one of the absolute best boss melt guns; the Sleeper Simulant. There's a lot of effort required for this and not in the difficult way, just time consuming, but it puts you in the position to start doing harder things or making tough things real easy.

If you wish to you can still run your old characters through the expansion except with tools like Destiny Inventory Manager you're able to trade items between characters. It only takes one max light level character to be able to equip your alts. That'll allow you to take high level items from one character and sometimes give it to your lower level alt. Lots of gear are locked behind being level 50 at the very least.

Keep on cruising through the game.Know that your goal each week is to work on every event you can that will give you powerful gear. That's your actual way of leveling up in this game.

Yeah, the game's got a lot of content. I was actually somewhat disappointed in Forsaken, but mostly because the 8+ boss fights get a little repetitive. Evidently, Bungie doesn't know how to create a boss fight without a fuck ton of adds. It gets old after awhile. Aside from that, there is a lot of content there and it was enjoyable. I'm looking forward to this Black Armory stuff. My girlfriend saw I was having a good time with the game and bought me the annual pass, which was nice. She also bought me the Ghost linked above. :D

Ugh yeah the shame of Destiny, at least to me, is the boss fight phases. Invulnerability and then a bunch of adds. I guess they're prepping you for raid content? But at the same time you can screw up on base content but raid content is quite unforgiving. The mechanics just do not translate at all!

Gots to say these Vanguard Strikes are a ton of fun. I have been playing my boosted level 30, and got him up to 35 tonight, mostly running a chain of Strikes. They are very addicting, and more exciting than just the storyline PvE. It seems to be pretty good for leveling up?

Gots to say these Vanguard Strikes are a ton of fun. I have been playing my boosted level 30, and got him up to 35 tonight, mostly running a chain of Strikes. They are very addicting, and more exciting than just the storyline PvE. It seems to be pretty good for leveling up?

It's definitely good for leveling. Even reaching 50 doesn't feel like much of a grind. The gear goes pretty quick until you hit about light level 400 or so and then it crawls after 500.

Gofannon forge sucks. Majorly.

Got that sniper though, and if you Google around or go to /r/raidsecrets on Reddit you can use it to unlock a secret Emblem back in the Volundr forge.

Gofannon forge sucks. Majorly.

Got that sniper though, and if you Google around or go to /r/raidsecrets on Reddit you can use it to unlock a secret Emblem back in the Volundr forge.

I actually think Gofannon is easier than Volundr lol. I just hate the stupid Cabal Gladiators and Colossi. Oh and the Phalanx dudes are literally cancer.

I actually think Gofannon is easier than Volundr lol. I just hate the stupid Cabal Gladiators and Colossi. Oh and the Phalanx dudes are literally cancer.

I made that post after my first run but now, yeah 100%.

It's definitely good for leveling. Even reaching 50 doesn't feel like much of a grind. The gear goes pretty quick until you hit about light level 400 or so and then it crawls after 500.

Just played a bit this morning, more Vanguard Strikes, went from level 35 to 37.5, and picked up a few cool new weapons + gear. Gotta say these Strikes are so much fun :)

Couple questions please;

- Running these Vanguard Strieks, my mini map in upper left corner is never there./ Like when i run the single player game I have this little map in the corner top of the screen, but it's not there in these Strikes ? Would help to see my teammates easier.
- Last night and this morning i have ran like 8 Strikes, and no one talks or types. I am not sure which chat channel is for these Van Strikes ? Team, Fireteam, Local ? I tried them all, and type "hello" and never a response, and just overall nobody chatting at all
- I wish I could see my other 2 Squad mates avatars in the screen, like you can in WoW when in a Party.
- How do i activate my hover bike thing ? What's the quick key for that ?

But at the end of the day, I have to say Destiny 2 Forsaken, and especially these Vanguard Strikes, is the most fun I've had in a shooter game in years. I am really loving this game. I am a big Battlefield guy, and bought BF V, and have to say Forsaken is taking up way more of my gaming time over the new Battlefield game. I find the overall feel, and movement, and action, and everything to be smoother and more exciting and engaging in Destiny 2 F compared to Battlefield V, for some reason BF V isn't doing it for me, like lets say BF 3 or 4 did.

Bottom line, I will rate Destiny 2 Forsaken one of the best PC shooter games to be released in quite awhile.

Curious does Bungee realize that the PC version is popular among PC Gamers ? Wonder which version gets the most play time now ? PS4, XB1 or PC ? I am not a console guy at all, javen't owned a console system in forever, I hope they continue to focus on the PC version and future versions for us.

- Running these Vanguard Strieks, my mini map in upper left corner is never there./ Like when i run the single player game I have this little map in the corner top of the screen, but it's not there in these Strikes ? Would help to see my teammates easier.
Each week, Vanguard strikes have different modifiers. Pay attention when you're loading up a strike to the bottom left of the screen and hover over those icons. There will always be one "singe" which means which element does more damage to you and enemies that week. There will also be two more modifiers and it sounds like you had Blackout. These will be selectable to increase/decrease your score multiplier when you start doing Nightfall strikes.
  • Burns
    • Arc Singe: +25% Arc damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
    • Solar Singe: +25% Solar damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
    • Void Singe: +25% Void damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
  • Advantages
    • Brawler: Double melee recharge rate and damage
    • Grenadier: Double grenade ability recharge rate and damage
    • Heavyweight: Triple Power ammo drop rate, double Power weapon damage
  • Disadvantages
    • Glass: Players Health and Shields are halved, but recharge rates are doubled.
    • Blackout: Radar is disabled, and enemies do 20x increased melee damage
    • Iron: Enemies no longer stagger, and health pools are increased by 50%
    • Grounded: Players take 5x damage while airborne
This is super important to pay attention to because if you read the Challenge for your weekly strikes, it requires that you match the element to someone else on your team during the strike. And as you know, if you want powerful gear to increase your light, the ONLY way (besides raiding) is Weekly and Daily challenges.

I wish D2 explained this better for new people. I see so many people complaining of how long it takes to increase their power level but those people also didn't know to focus on weekly/daily challenges and nothing else.

- Last night and this morning i have ran like 8 Strikes, and no one talks or types. I am not sure which chat channel is for these Van Strikes ? Team, Fireteam, Local ? I tried them all, and type "hello" and never a response, and just overall nobody chatting at all
Couple things. One, normal strikes are relatively easy with no real mechanics that need communication. Keep running and keep shooting then burn the boss. I've also never seen anyone use in-game voice comms. Also, recently Bungie decided it was better to put local chat to Opt-In. It used to be Opt-Out and made much more sense.

- I wish I could see my other 2 Squad mates avatars in the screen, like you can in WoW when in a Party.
Yeah, you're not alone there.

Pull out your Ghost with Tab and you'll see. Its E for me. You'll want to be paying attention to the perks on your Ghost and Sparrow (the hover bikes) for ones with Speed Demon. It'll mean pulling our your sparrow immediately when pressing E vs. having to hold it.

Curious does Bungee realize that the PC version is popular among PC Gamers ? Wonder which version gets the most play time now ? PS4, XB1 or PC ? I am not a console guy at all, javen't owned a console system in forever, I hope they continue to focus on the PC version and future versions for us.

If you read the weekly TWAB's (This Week at Bungie) and stay active in the community, i think its pretty clear the PC version is where the action is right now.

Last edited:
Thanks cric, that's was good info.

What's the level cap currently ? Level 50 ? And iLvl Gear Score cap is like i650 or so ?

Just played a bit this morning, more Vanguard Strikes, went from level 35 to 37.5, and picked up a few cool new weapons + gear. Gotta say these Strikes are so much fun :)

Couple questions please;

But at the end of the day, I have to say Destiny 2 Forsaken, and especially these Vanguard Strikes, is the most fun I've had in a shooter game in years. I am really loving this game. I am a big Battlefield guy, and bought BF V, and have to say Forsaken is taking up way more of my gaming time over the new Battlefield game. I find the overall feel, and movement, and action, and everything to be smoother and more exciting and engaging in Destiny 2 F compared to Battlefield V, for some reason BF V isn't doing it for me, like lets say BF 3 or 4 did.

Bottom line, I will rate Destiny 2 Forsaken one of the best PC shooter games to be released in quite awhile.

You have to join the chat channels like criccio says below. I don't bother because I don't want to talk to other humans unnecessarily. I also typically play with friends and we use voice chat making the text chat unnecessary. I'm not sure what you mean by seeing other player avatars in the screen, unless you want icons showing the character faces. I don't really need that. I can see them on screen when we are shooting stuff. I don't really need a group menu or indicator.

Each week, Vanguard strikes have different modifiers. Pay attention when you're loading up a strike to the bottom left of the screen and hover over those icons. There will always be one "singe" which means which element does more damage to you and enemies that week. There will also be two more modifiers and it sounds like you had Blackout. These will be selectable to increase/decrease your score multiplayer when you start doing Nightfall strikes.
  • Burns
    • Arc Singe: +25% Arc damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
    • Solar Singe: +25% Solar damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
    • Void Singe: +25% Void damage increase (outgoing and incoming)
  • Advantages
    • Brawler: Double melee recharge rate and damage
    • Grenadier: Double grenade ability recharge rate and damage
    • Heavyweight: Triple Power ammo drop rate, double Power weapon damage
  • Disadvantages
    • Glass: Players Health and Shields are halved, but recharge rates are doubled.
    • Blackout: Radar is disabled, and enemies do 20x increased melee damage
    • Iron: Enemies no longer stagger, and health pools are increased by 50%
    • Grounded: Players take 5x damage while airborne
This is super important to pay attention to because if you read the Challenge for your weekly strikes, it requires that you match the element to someone else on your team during the strike. And as you know, if you want powerful gear to increase your light, the ONLY way (besides raiding) is Weekly and Daily challenges.

I wish D2 explained this better for new people. I see so many people complaining of how long it takes to increase their power level but those people also didn't know to focus on weekly/daily challenges and nothing else.

Couple things. One, normal strikes are relatively easy with no real mechanics that need communication. Keep running and keep shooting then burn the boss. I've also never seen anyone use in-game voice comms. Also, recently Bungie decided it was better to put local chat to Opt-In. It used to be Opt-Out and made much more sense.

Yeah, you're not alone there.

Pull out your Ghost with Tab and you'll see. Its E for me. You'll want to be paying attention to the perks on your Ghost and Sparrow (the hover bikes) for ones with Speed Demon. It'll mean pulling our your sparrow immediately when pressing E vs. having to hold it.

If you read the weekly TWAB's (This Week at Bungie) and stay active in the community, i think its pretty clear the PC version is where the action is right now.

Nice info, I didn't know all that about the Nightfall strikes.

Thanks cric, that's was good info.

What's the level cap currently ? Level 50 ? And iLvl Gear Score cap is like i650 or so ?

Level cap is 50, light level cap is 650.

I like gambit, but 40 rounds is a shit ton of gambit. Unless you are crushing the other team, 40 games feels like forever. At this point I predict I will get breakneck 6-7 weeks from now.

I like gambit, but 40 rounds is a shit ton of gambit. Unless you are crushing the other team, 40 games feels like forever. At this point I predict I will get breakneck 6-7 weeks from now.

In fairness, the pinnacle weapons are meant to be something to earn over an entire season, so it makes sense for them to take a lot of playing to get. Breakneck is the only one I went ahead and ground out because it's just so good for pve. The others I'm satisfied getting later in the season.

In fairness, the pinnacle weapons are meant to be something to earn over an entire season, so it makes sense for them to take a lot of playing to get. Breakneck is the only one I went ahead and ground out because it's just so good for pve. The others I'm satisfied getting later in the season.

I got loaded question first. It was easier and is almost perfect for the forge.

Back