Days Gone

Anybody confirm this? Did you guys read the license agreements and terms of use?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/higgsterman/recommended/1259420/
1621540921261.png

There is a guide on how you can block the data collection using the Windows firewall.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2490873667

I honestly don't give a shit even if that were true. I do critical work tasks on an entirely different system from my gaming build, etc. Even if a game collects stuff that i'm not expecting, there is literally nothing to collect on my gaming build besides what other games I play.

Anybody confirm this? Did you guys read the license agreements and terms of use?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/higgsterman/recommended/1259420/
View attachment 358370

There is a guide on how you can block the data collection using the Windows firewall.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2490873667

I know the terms when you first launch the game and choose between "limited" and "full" was pretty astounding.

That said I'm not worried about the data collection from it for my own reasons.

SmileyFace.iso

Update. This game is fucking awesome. I haven't been this into a story in a game in I can't remember how long... maybe Firewatch? But this thing is looooong. Buut I'm loving nearly every minute of it. Pissed I have to get off to go to work tomorrow. Haven't had that feeling since I was a teenager lol.

I always felt like DG would be some people's dream game. It does a lot of things well and the dev's clearly put some time and effort into it. In spite of the middling reviews, people on Steam seem to straight-up love it. For all the issues I had with it, I still dumped like 50 hours into the game and did 95% of the side stuff.

Personally I think it's one of the best zombie type games. I do wish the game map was a bit bigger and the game had more crafting, and maybe an outpost creation setup like State of Decay 2, but I suppose it would have suffered in other areas. It's generally a solid game. I don't really understand all the negative reviews. It's far superior to state of decay 2, etc.

Definitely enjoying it, stealth game with zombies. Also forgot to add, those little zombie children are kind of weird at first.

Last edited:
I checked this game out today on PC and the port is really good. I'm impressed. I was expecting a shit show similar to Horizon Zero Dawn but Bend Studio did a great job.

Started this game. Noticed G Sync is not working in this game. Have frame rate capped to 120 frame rates. Anyone have a solution?

Edit: Found a solution, not very happy about it. Lock frame rates to 90. I had them locked to 120. I'm not sure why G Sync wasn't working at 120. 90 is still fairly playable but I was getting a stable 120 and more frame rates are better. But I'll take 90 with G Sync over 120 without it.

First impressions:

- Audio is bad. Sound effects are not that good but the major problem is the sound mixing. I'm constantly turning up and then turning down the volume. Some characters are barely audible and then others are twice as loud. Same with general world sounds.

- NPC AI is dumb (normal). Sometimes they won't see me, both human and zombie, when I am right by them. Sometimes rocks won't work to lure them.

- Gameplay is very repetitive, lots of holding E for the same few actions.

- Empty world and so far, essentially Ubisoft style side quests. Just not a lot of different variety going on currently, no real unique locations. World is empty and locations have the same few items and the like.

- Story is pretty bad. Main character is very annoying. Voice acting is often out of context. He'll be shouting like he is in a fight or flight situation when doing some menial task out of combat. Like holding E to open a crate. It is so off and frequently so off that it becomes distracting.

- Had about two CTDs so far.

Aside from that a run of the mill zombie open world game. Only a few hours in so maybe it gets better. But so far it feels like a 5-6 / 10 kind of game for me.

Last edited:
Data collection stuff means I'm not buying it despite it looking good a d like I'd enjoy it :(.
You can disable it in options, if I remember correctly you are also given the option to disable it the first time you run the game.
Also if you're still paranoid you can block the game in windows firewall as it's a single player game and it will still work fine.

You can disable it in options, if I remember correctly you are also given the option to disable it the first time you run the game.
Also if you're still paranoid you can block the game in windows firewall as it's a single player game and it will still work fine.
Ohhhh, thanks! I had just read steam reviews, which didn't bother to mention that.

Been playing through the game and it does get a bit better. It is semi open world but more guided. Game is still average though. But decent enough and glad Sony brought this over to PC.

character is very annoying. Voice acting is often out of context. He'll be shouting like he is in a fight or flight situation when doing some menial task out of combat. Like holding E to open a crate. It is so off and frequently so off that it becomes distracting.
Dude has a severe PTSD after almost dying in the army and then surviving for two years in zombie infested land. What do you expect?

It is a solid B- game.

New Game+ is kinda pointless, you hit hit max level even before arriving to the crater lake base. No new trust levels, no new weapons, no new bike parts, no new/harder enemies. So don't waste time on that, just finish the missions in the initial game.

My main issue was the radio chatter - some were stopping and resuming in combat, etc, others were restarting from the start. Also having to drive to camps to pick up new missions.

I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. I went into it without much expectation and it's surprised me. I'm running it at 4K with max settings and haven't had any hiccups.

I don't like the console-focused, third-person over-the-shoulder view when trying to shoot enemies, but it's manageable.

I'm just starting to earn some skill points and better weapons, so I anticipate it only getting better from here.

Loving this game so far... Starts off slow and takes a few hours for things to get going.
Finished collecting the Styrofoam cups and to hell with those infected crows!

It's interesting to see PC gamers generally liking the game more that even people playing the PS4 Pro/PS5 upgraded versions. Maybe with some luck the additional attention and $ could make that sequel happen after all. Unlikely, but we've seen games in worse positions get follow-ups. I still think it was a middle-of-the-road title, but there were flashes of brilliance. The world itself offers lots of opportunity, too.

Quite frankly, I have to keep reminding myself this is a two-year old PS4 title. I guess my tastes are old-school and quirky, but I'm enjoying this game more than any other this year. The storyline is satisfying, the gameplay mechanics are great, and the graphics are outstanding. I'm even just enjoying riding around on my motorcycle, looking at the vistas in the distance and watching the weather change. It wouldn't mind living there in real life if it wasn't for all the zombies everywhere! :ROFLMAO:

Quite frankly, I have to keep reminding myself this is a two-year old PS4 title. I guess my tastes are old-school and quirky, but I'm enjoying this game more than any other this year. The storyline is satisfying, the gameplay mechanics are great, and the graphics are outstanding. I'm even just enjoying riding around on my motorcycle, looking at the vistas in the distance and watching the weather change. It wouldn't mind living there in real life if it wasn't for all the zombies everywhere! :ROFLMAO:

It is modeled after Oregon so you can go there and visit some of the landmarks. I used to live in Washington and it does feel like the PNW. They did a good job at it

some of the hordes are tough.. especially when not prepared :LOL:
Struggling at the Iron Butte Ranch horde

If you approach most of the hordes early in the game they're hard AF or at least require a whole lot of kiting. They become a lot more manageable later.

I try to thin them out initially with a couple well placed Molotov cocktails and then for the remaining ones it's a lot of run & gun.

Later game you get pretty OP weapons, and ammo becomes less of an issue, so mowing down a horde isn't that difficult.

some of the hordes are tough.. especially when not prepared :LOL:
Struggling at the Iron Butte Ranch horde

Finally finished the main story. Cleaning up all the loose ends now and the remaining hordes.

The grand daddy Sawmill Horde.... i cheesed it... parked my bike middle of the tunnel ... walked down toward the pit.. fired off a warning shot to pull them up.. and gunned them down .. hopped on bike.. sped off.. turn around.. repeat :LOL:

Once you get the napalm molotov it becomes fairly easy. Get the RPD and one of the late game shotguns and you'll take out most hordes with ease. Go during the day time. I didn't bother doing all of them, but I did a number around the last two areas which have bigger hordes than the first two areas.

On sale on Steam for $40 (it’s been this low before). I went ahead a picked it up. Perfect time of year to play a zombie game.

I got it for $28 a month ago, but haven't played it yet.

does it still have all the data collection stuff from the top of this page?!

I finally finished it this weekend. I've been playing PC games over 40 years and this is one of my all-time favorites. I really wish that they would offer some DLC, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I finally finished it this weekend. I've been playing PC games over 40 years and this is one of my all-time favorites. I really wish that they would offer some DLC, but it looks like that's not going to happen.
Sony said it didn't make enough money :(. I remember when it first came out reviews were meh, i think it was very buggy, so i never played it till this summer. It's a great game now, shame we won't get another. Seemed setup for a sequel.

does it actually turn it off though?...the patch notes say: To turn OFF Data Collection, please select Limited Data

but according to that Steam posting at the top of this page: "even the Limited data collection which is somehow still the LESS invasive form of collection can look and save literally anything from websites, passwords via recording EVERY KEY STROKE OF YOUR COMPUTER WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING, folders, and all of their contents regardless of file type"

does it actually turn it off though?...the patch notes say: To turn OFF Data Collection, please select Limited Data

but according to that Steam posting at the top of this page: "even the Limited data collection which is somehow still the LESS invasive form of collection can look and save literally anything from websites, passwords via recording EVERY KEY STROKE OF YOUR COMPUTER WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING, folders, and all of their contents regardless of file type"
That review was posted 5/19 and the patch came out 6/14, almost a month after.
I have it on my PS4 so not much data to mine from me there :)
I can't find anything else regarding data collection now after the patch, so, this is all I've got.

Bought it tonight based on the feedback in this thread. Enjoying so far and installed a first person mod that works pretty well. One thing I notice is that there are way too many supplies to be found in the game world. Like finding 150+ pistol and rifle rounds in the trunk of a police car, and scrap and bandages everywhere. It is making the game too easy. I didn't see an option to play at a harder difficulty level past Normal in case that would mean fewer resources. (I started on Easy and bumped it to Normwl).

Edit : I hope there will be more variety in the side missions. So far they have all been "go here and kill everybody" and the combat AI is pretty bad at least on Normal setting.

Last edited:
Bought it tonight based on the feedback in this thread. Enjoying so far and installed a first person mod that works pretty well. One thing I notice is that there are way too many supplies to be found in the game world. Like finding 150+ pistol and rifle rounds in the trunk of a police car, and scrap and bandages everywhere. It is making the game too easy. I didn't see an option to play at a harder difficulty level past Normal in case that would mean fewer resources. (I started on Easy and bumped it to Normwl).

Edit : I hope there will be more variety in the side missions. So far they have all been "go here and kill everybody" and the combat AI is pretty bad at least on Normal setting.

Story missions themselves are fairly decent and they do comprise most of the game. The side quest variety is small and at some part in the first quarter of the game I was doing a decent bit of them myself which got repetitive, which was around the desert area. Generally, just drive where you need to go and then clear out nests and ripper camps as you come by them. Nests prevent fast travel so be sure you can burn them out as it will make fast travel easier in the future.

My advice for this game is to just focus on the story missions. The side missions are fairly lame, and you'll get bored fast. It's the weakest aspect to the game, and they would have been better off just making this game a linear narrative experience IMO.

Back