Days Gone

Armenius

Fully [H]
Anybody confirm this? Did you guys read the license agreements and terms of use?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/higgsterman/recommended/1259420/
1621540921261.png

There is a guide on how you can block the data collection using the Windows firewall.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2490873667

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
I honestly don't give a shit even if that were true. I do critical work tasks on an entirely different system from my gaming build, etc. Even if a game collects stuff that i'm not expecting, there is literally nothing to collect on my gaming build besides what other games I play.

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Anybody confirm this? Did you guys read the license agreements and terms of use?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/higgsterman/recommended/1259420/
View attachment 358370

There is a guide on how you can block the data collection using the Windows firewall.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2490873667

I know the terms when you first launch the game and choose between "limited" and "full" was pretty astounding.

That said I'm not worried about the data collection from it for my own reasons.

SmileyFace.iso

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Update. This game is fucking awesome. I haven't been this into a story in a game in I can't remember how long... maybe Firewatch? But this thing is looooong. Buut I'm loving nearly every minute of it. Pissed I have to get off to go to work tomorrow. Haven't had that feeling since I was a teenager lol.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I always felt like DG would be some people's dream game. It does a lot of things well and the dev's clearly put some time and effort into it. In spite of the middling reviews, people on Steam seem to straight-up love it. For all the issues I had with it, I still dumped like 50 hours into the game and did 95% of the side stuff.

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
Personally I think it's one of the best zombie type games. I do wish the game map was a bit bigger and the game had more crafting, and maybe an outpost creation setup like State of Decay 2, but I suppose it would have suffered in other areas. It's generally a solid game. I don't really understand all the negative reviews. It's far superior to state of decay 2, etc.

polydiol

[H]ard|Gawd
Definitely enjoying it, stealth game with zombies. Also forgot to add, those little zombie children are kind of weird at first.

Last edited:

StryderxX

[H]ard|Gawd
I checked this game out today on PC and the port is really good. I'm impressed. I was expecting a shit show similar to Horizon Zero Dawn but Bend Studio did a great job.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Started this game. Noticed G Sync is not working in this game. Have frame rate capped to 120 frame rates. Anyone have a solution?

Edit: Found a solution, not very happy about it. Lock frame rates to 90. I had them locked to 120. I'm not sure why G Sync wasn't working at 120. 90 is still fairly playable but I was getting a stable 120 and more frame rates are better. But I'll take 90 with G Sync over 120 without it.

First impressions:

- Audio is bad. Sound effects are not that good but the major problem is the sound mixing. I'm constantly turning up and then turning down the volume. Some characters are barely audible and then others are twice as loud. Same with general world sounds.

- NPC AI is dumb (normal). Sometimes they won't see me, both human and zombie, when I am right by them. Sometimes rocks won't work to lure them.

- Gameplay is very repetitive, lots of holding E for the same few actions.

- Empty world and so far, essentially Ubisoft style side quests. Just not a lot of different variety going on currently, no real unique locations. World is empty and locations have the same few items and the like.

- Story is pretty bad. Main character is very annoying. Voice acting is often out of context. He'll be shouting like he is in a fight or flight situation when doing some menial task out of combat. Like holding E to open a crate. It is so off and frequently so off that it becomes distracting.

- Had about two CTDs so far.

Aside from that a run of the mill zombie open world game. Only a few hours in so maybe it gets better. But so far it feels like a 5-6 / 10 kind of game for me.

Last edited:

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
Data collection stuff means I'm not buying it despite it looking good a d like I'd enjoy it :(.
You can disable it in options, if I remember correctly you are also given the option to disable it the first time you run the game.
Also if you're still paranoid you can block the game in windows firewall as it's a single player game and it will still work fine.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
You can disable it in options, if I remember correctly you are also given the option to disable it the first time you run the game.
Also if you're still paranoid you can block the game in windows firewall as it's a single player game and it will still work fine.
Ohhhh, thanks! I had just read steam reviews, which didn't bother to mention that.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Been playing through the game and it does get a bit better. It is semi open world but more guided. Game is still average though. But decent enough and glad Sony brought this over to PC.

ashmelev75

[H]ard|Gawd
character is very annoying. Voice acting is often out of context. He'll be shouting like he is in a fight or flight situation when doing some menial task out of combat. Like holding E to open a crate. It is so off and frequently so off that it becomes distracting.
Dude has a severe PTSD after almost dying in the army and then surviving for two years in zombie infested land. What do you expect?

It is a solid B- game.

New Game+ is kinda pointless, you hit hit max level even before arriving to the crater lake base. No new trust levels, no new weapons, no new bike parts, no new/harder enemies. So don't waste time on that, just finish the missions in the initial game.

My main issue was the radio chatter - some were stopping and resuming in combat, etc, others were restarting from the start. Also having to drive to camps to pick up new missions.

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. I went into it without much expectation and it's surprised me. I'm running it at 4K with max settings and haven't had any hiccups.

I don't like the console-focused, third-person over-the-shoulder view when trying to shoot enemies, but it's manageable.

I'm just starting to earn some skill points and better weapons, so I anticipate it only getting better from here.