Daily Mining Profits

Are all future sold GPUs going to be nerfed or will Nvidia give that up eventually?
I cant imagine buying a mining only card and it possibly mines a single algorithm like Ravencoin or ETH and it does nothing else

I have a (ordered 4-17) prebuilt expected ship date 6-29 with a 3080.
I am just hoping it isnt a LHR. Cyberpower acts like they dont know what I am talking about

EDIT

Just got off the phone with Cyberpower and they said not using LHR GPUs till ealy July most likely
Could get any of the following EVGA, G-Byte, PNY, ASUS, Zotac, or MSI

Are there any brands to avoid if I have a choice?

Last edited:
Its too hot in my garage now and I gotta bring my mining operation indoors now.
Right now 4 PCs running a single card each. One is in my main pc inside already
The plan is to build a mining rig.
There are a few things I am still thinking about like which risers to get, can I run the 3080s on the 3060 driver too, and how will the 6800 on the same PC as the 3 nvidia ones

I have 2 3080s, 1 3060, and 1 6800 right now

Are there any cards for sale now that arent nerfed?
Wondering if the shuffle will yield usable cards anymore
My 3080 Ti nerfed addition is still faster in ETH mining then my 6900 XT un-nerfed edition :D.

$0/Day for the last two weeks. Taking a break. May start mining various coins for long term storage and maturing vice just an immediate profit. ERGO, Verus comes to mind, RVN as well.

My 3080 Ti nerfed addition is still faster in ETH mining then my 6900 XT un-nerfed edition :D.

$0/Day for the last two weeks. Taking a break. May start mining various coins for long term storage and maturing vice just an immediate profit. ERGO, Verus comes to mind, RVN as well.
What's it pulling?
Only AMD card I have is a 6800, but Whattomine says all the AMDs from 6800 and up pull the same. Im pulling $3.50- $3.75/day with the 6800 right now according to Nicehash

61+/MH/s is what I see on the 6800
I see it hit 65-68 for a minutes sometimes then back to 61.xx with 124-130 watts
It doesnt hash much but it does it efficiently
1623814219645.png

Last edited:
Reactions: noko
like this
What's it pulling?
Quick test it was 67mh/s for ETH Stock, Gigabyte 1080 Ti Eagle. Don't exactly recall when memory was OC, will test later today.

My 6900 XT is 61mh/s, max memory speed before hash rate starts to go down is 2080 Mhz. The 6900 XT memory is limited, auto OC it will go all the way up to 2150 Mhz except it will crash within seconds in virtually any game.

Quick test it was 67mh/s for ETH Stock, Gigabyte 1080 Ti Eagle. Don't exactly recall when memory was OC, will test later today.

My 6900 XT is 61mh/s, max memory speed before hash rate starts to go down is 2080 Mhz. The 6900 XT memory is limited, auto OC it will go all the way up to 2150 Mhz except it will crash within seconds in virtually any game.
All my 6900 XT cards are running solid ~62s at ~140W.

1623950057058.png

The AMD 6000 series mine great, low temps and low power consumption.
Set it and forget it.

Been testing out ERGO mining, it is rather easy on the GPU/Memory. 3090 is getting around 230MH/s, ~ $6/day, 210w. Junction temperature keeps around 80c, GPU 37c (installed EVGA Hybrid cooler on the 3090 XC3). Basically I am getting same amount of pay as with ETH (ETH I limit rate to 100MH/s to keep Junction temperature around 100c, which gives about the same rate of return). Using Nanominer and Nano Pool. Vega's are suppose to get around 160MH/s, have not tried yet.

ERGOmining.png

I want to see your 1080ti doing 61MH. Sounds impossible.

Edit: did you mean 3080 ti?

Reactions: Parja
like this
I want to see your 1080ti doing 61MH. Sounds impossible.

Edit: did you mean 3080 ti?
oops, 3080 Ti, don't have at the moment (sample for reviewer) hopefully get back following week. 1080 Ti normally gets around 45mh/s, can be pushed to 49mh/s. As for the 3080 Ti, I wonder what I will get with ERGO?

oops, 3080 Ti, don't have at the moment (sample for reviewer) hopefully get back following week. 1080 Ti normally gets around 45mh/s, can be pushed to 49mh/s. As for the 3080 Ti, I wonder what I will get with ERGO?
My 3080 ti Hybrid gets around 245mh/s on Ergo.

Did you know before receiving the 3080ti it was RTH nerfed?
Yes it was well advertised before they went on sale, I got it for my gaming PC not my mining rig. If it mines some Ergo at 240 or Eth at 60 in the off hours that's ok with me. It also does Raven at 53 if I remember correctly but that seemed to work the card much harder heat wise.

My 3080 ti Hybrid gets around 245mh/s on Ergo.
That is very encouraging, better than my 3090 as well. Well once I get the 3080 Ti back I will test. It is just the bottom of the line Gigabyte Eagle 3080 Ti but works rather well in games similar to the 3090.

Yes it was well advertised before they went on sale, I got it for my gaming PC not my mining rig. If it mines some Ergo at 240 or Eth at 60 in the off hours that's ok with me. It also does Raven at 53 if I remember correctly but that seemed to work the card much harder heat wise.
I doubt you'd get much improvement with the 3090 vs 3080ti with the extra Vram gaming.
I havent used anything past the 3080 so I might be totally wrong.
Im on the step up to the 3080ti with my 3060. Who knows what ETH will be like by the I get the email anyway. The 3060 gets me 48-49mh with 121-125 watts.
I had it in a dell and I think I killed the MB with it lol so its waiting for me to build a rig to get back to work

Hmm...I'll have to look into it. I tried these exact same settings except I get 155W instead of ~140W. Mine is a Gigabyte Reference 6900XT.
I have three 6900 XT running with similar settings, all running about the same in terms of hash and wattage. Email me, I will send you my profile file to try out.

I have three 6900 XT running with similar settings, all running about the same in terms of hash and wattage. Email me, I will send you my profile file to try out.
I love the AMD cards efficiency and cool running memory.
I takes 230 watts to get 100+ MH with 3080s (for me at least) and the memory temps...

Yeah, I'm thinking the 6800 is going to be a good card to have in the future. 3070's are better I guess efficiency-wise, but with nvidia limiting the hashrate on all their newer cards it'll be hard to get enough of the pre-nerfed versions.

Yeah, I'm thinking the 6800 is going to be a good card to have in the future. 3070's are better I guess efficiency-wise, but with nvidia limiting the hashrate on all their newer cards it'll be hard to get enough of the pre-nerfed versions.
So from an efficiency stand point is the 3070 the best ?

Anything with GDDR6 will do about 60 at 120 w. Slightly higher with the AMD cards but not much.

The 3060 non ti does about 48 to 50 at 130W.
What I dont understand is when you PL the cards too much efficiency tanks hard. Example a 3080 under 200 watts will drop to like 70MH.
Exponential efficiency would be nice for reducing heat and losing efficiency on really hot days on cards that are running hotter than others

What I dont understand is when you PL the cards too much efficiency tanks hard. Example a 3080 under 200 watts will drop to like 70MH.
Exponential efficiency would be nice for reducing heat and losing efficiency on really hot days on cards that are running hotter than others

From what I've seen, that's only with GDDR6X cards for whatever reason. I can drop my 6900XT core and power as low as I can make it and it will still hash the maximum for GDDR6. Same with my 3070.

From what I've seen, that's only with GDDR6X cards for whatever reason. I can drop my 6900XT core and power as low as I can make it and it will still hash the maximum for GDDR6. Same with my 3070.
I dont have any 3090s and this is why,
Well also the price is too high for me to afford 🤣

Last edited:
So from an efficiency stand point is the 3070 the best ?
yeah, a 3060ti or 3070 are basically #1 and #2 and close in efficiency. But the newer versions are all nerfed I believe.

Good rough numbers here: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/optimize-your-gpu-for-ethereum-mining

FWIW, I get a consistent 50 MH/s on all my vega 56 GPUs after tweaking memory timings with a linux command and they report 110W of usage (so this guy's spreadsheet might be roughly accurate on power but sometimes people miss out on key tuning things and lose a lot of hashrate unnecessarily so take everything with a grain of salt until you verify it.)

ASICs will win over everything of course, but these cards are generally still useful for other algorithms as well.

Last edited:
Whattomine shows 114MH at 320 watts for the 3090. Some of my opinions are based on bad info it seems.

On my Powercolor 6800 im getting 61.xx MH, but looks like most get 64MH

yeah, a 3060ti or 3070 are basically #1 and #2 and close in efficiency. But the newer versions are all nerfed I believe.

Good rough numbers here: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/optimize-your-gpu-for-ethereum-mining

FWIW, I get a consistent 50 MH/s on all my vega 56 GPUs after tweaking memory timings with a linux command and they report 110W of usage (so this guy's spreadsheet might be roughly accurate on power but sometimes people miss out on key tuning things and lose a lot of hashrate unnecessarily so take everything with a grain of salt until you verify it.)

ASICs will win over everything of course, but these cards are generally still useful for other algorithms as well.

Do you have any tuning recommendations for 3080s?

https://miningchamber.com/gpu-mining/rtx-3080-mining-settings/
I followed this but use a 225W power limit and set the memory to 2200MHz instead. Gets a solid 98.5MH/s at a reported 225W.
I noticed on different PC with different brand 3080s I cant set MSI afterburner the same. It limits the memory on my Tuf 3080 to +1500, but gbyte 3080 Afterburner allows up to +2200
With my current settings Im getting 97-98.x on both, but power up to 237 and as low as 230 (fluctuates)
Im gonna check out those settings you linked.
What are your temps like on the memory, and have you done any pad or other upgrades? The gnyte was a simple upgrade, but the ASUS looks like a weird cooling solution design. Also PL doesnt affect both cards the same Ill get 20+ watts higher on one card at the same settings.
I have gotten up to 102 mh with higher memory OC +1500 the limit afterburner goes to, but higher mem temps that didnt seem worth it on the TUF, but high OC on the gbyte lowers MH after +1286 or so but doesnt crash

Yeah, I consider pad upgrades pretty much mandatory. I'm running linux so no issue with overclocking limits like that, although I can't see memory temps which is a downside. Core temps are a stable 50C right now though and it's been running for about a week now without issue. I had some crashes when I set the memory to 2400MHz though so I'm not sure if that was memory temp related or just overclocking too far. I had somewhat similar issues on my 1080TIs. The ASUS branded ones required a weird -500 core downclock and different memory overclocks but would perform just as well as the others once I figured that out, so there might be something weird going on between brands. In Windows I think the OCs are half what they are in linux, so the 2400/1200 they recommend would be 1200 in afterburner or whatever and 2400 in linux.

Yeah, I consider pad upgrades pretty much mandatory. I'm running linux so no issue with overclocking limits like that, although I can't see memory temps which is a downside. Core temps are a stable 50C right now though and it's been running for about a week now without issue. I had some crashes when I set the memory to 2400MHz though so I'm not sure if that was memory temp related or just overclocking too far. I had somewhat similar issues on my 1080TIs. The ASUS branded ones required a weird -500 core downclock and different memory overclocks but would perform just as well as the others once I figured that out, so there might be something weird going on between brands. In Windows I think the OCs are half what they are in linux, so the 2400/1200 they recommend would be 1200 in afterburner or whatever and 2400 in linux.
Ok I wondered about that 2400 thing.
I can OC up to 1500 on ASUS and no more because afterburner slider ends there, but no crash.
My core clocks temps are low but mem high. ASUS in stock form is better than the gbyte was by far but has been creeping up higher over the last month or so.
ASUS right now 40 core and 88 mem with 73f ambient with front door open and fan blowing in towards pc. I have mem at +1192 right now and pull 98MH, but at +1500 it can pull 101mh but I raise mem temp by 2-4*c so I dont bother

Back