D2D 5 Year Anniversary Sale- $5 a Game (50 Games)

Anyone having luck ordering games? I added Assassin's Creed to my cart, then went to add Riddick and my browser hung on the loading screen. I had to close out and when I tried to go back to their homepage it does not load. Some server error.

Anyone having luck ordering games? I added Assassin's Creed to my cart, then went to add Riddick and my browser hung on the loading screen. I had to close out and when I tried to go back to their homepage it does not load. Some server error.

took about 10minutes to order my stuff. sites having some traffic issues I think.

Bought Riddick last week and Assassin's Creed last night no problems.
BTW you get both Riddick's the old and the newer one.

Seems like NWN2 has been removed... and replaced by.... nothing... glad I got my copy.

What I did with NWN2 Storms of Zehir, is took that CD key and plugged it in on Bioware's site. Doesn't matter what I install from now :)

Sweet GTA:VC added and bought, prepatched to 1.1. Wonder how it plays in Windows 7?

Ok... my order went through fine this morning using my Gmail account. I didn't change anything... yet it worked. Must have been server issues then and nothing to do with the e-mail address.

I ordered 4 titles at once so I think the new limit really is 6.

Ok... my order went through fine this morning using my Gmail account. I didn't change anything... yet it worked. Must have been server issues then and nothing to do with the e-mail address.

I ordered 4 titles at once so I think the new limit really is 6.

It was the securom they needed to install in the backend of your system while you were asleep for all your games to work.

Picked up Assassin's Creed sure hope it's good.

I got it and keep getting a corrupted zip file.. The other 4 games I got worked just fine.. Downloaded AC again, corrupted again.. now I've finally buckled under and downloaded their Download Manager, trying it again.. If it's corrupt again, looks like I'm gonna have to ream somebody.

I got BioShock last week, and I gotta say, where the fuck was I when that game came out? Just the first 10 minutes of it was worth my $5.. I feel like a cheat for paying that low a price for that game.. well.. okay, maybe not. It's just fucking awesome.

I've had no problems and I've purchased 7 games in the last 3 weeks. Also, NWN2 is still on the list.

I have had a couple of issues with D2D. I definitely won't buy any full priced games from them. $5 I will but not anything more than that price. I still have unresolved issues with Thief Deadly Shadows D2D version, I also had issues with NWN2 that I just bought a couple of hours ago. If you bought it today make sure you install it and try it while support is still around cause the key they gave me was "not in the database". I had to manually activate it with D2D support. Most likely they pulled it temporarily yesterday cause they ran out of keys. But I don't think the keys were entered in their activation servers so anyone installing it now might have issues.

I bought NWN2 yesterday and installed it and ran it no problem. Didn't try multiplayer yet though.

And yeah, good to see it's back. This morning it was missing though, they must have ran out for a little while.

I was finally able to purchase Assassin's Creed. I didn't try getting Riddick yet.

If NWN2 is back then what game is missing? There are still only 9 listed when there were 10 on Monday.

Just started up Riddick quick online activation, nosecurom or starforce or anything.

It should be posted on the the games page if there is extra protection. But all games only have the one-time activation, but for most games that's it.

All the game .exe's are most likely encrypted though. Oblivion for example doesn't work with community programs because it has been changed. For most games though it's not a problem.

Just started up Riddick quick online activation, nosecurom or starforce or anything.

AoDA was using TAGES for DRM, 3 activation limit. Hopefully Atari dropped it, but might want to check. Steam's download clearly states that their version uses TAGES as to where D2D's only stated "internet connection required for activation".

Last edited:
I got BioShock last week, and I gotta say, where the fuck was I when that game came out? Just the first 10 minutes of it was worth my $5.. I feel like a cheat for paying that low a price for that game.. well.. okay, maybe not. It's just fucking awesome.

I still haven't bought it mainly because I'm burned out of the "horror" genre of games and the trailer seemed to depict this. Little dead girls, zombies, or whatever...all scaring the crap out of you is getting old to me.

If I'm wrong about this assumption, please let me know because I've heard nothing but good things about it and I might pick it up.

I still haven't bought it mainly because I'm burned out of the "horror" genre of games and the trailer seemed to depict this. Little dead girls, zombies, or whatever...all scaring the crap out of you is getting old to me.

If I'm wrong about this assumption, please let me know because I've heard nothing but good things about it and I might pick it up.
Bioshock isn't really a horror game. There are some suspenseful elements in it, but mostly the dark environment is to provide atmosphere and not to put you on the edge of your seat.

X-COM TFTD was pretty difficult. I never gave it a thurough play through. Mainly because I hated the terror missions on the boats. Always one alien hiding in a closet on a 4 deck boat that you have to play hide and go seek with.

X-COM UFO defense I could beat on the hardest setting without any cheats.

Seriously you are doing yourself a disservice by not picking up BioShock, especially for $5.

I had an issue with Frontlines that I couldn't get it activated on my own. Had to contact D2D support and their response while helpful came off as my being a fucking moron and slightly condescending. Essentially having to jump through hoops to get a game to work pisses me off to no end.

I'll purchase $5 games from there but the super slow patch downloads form the site in addition to my above bitch have pretty much turned me away from D2D as a competitor for steam.

Started Assassin's Creed on the Xbox then never played it after awhile for whatever reason. For 5 dollars I figured I can try and finish it up on the PC. Easy download, easy activation, easy patching. No problems with the game at all. Controls kinda silly for the PC but can't say much for a console port.

Damn, their downloader was crap fast. Was getting constant 60mbps/7.5MB/sec.

I was getting around 250-900 KB/s. My max is about 3.2 MB/s. I get those speeds with usenet because it uses multiple download locations at the same time.

Bioshock is very boring and bland to me...MAYBE worth $5...maybe.

I am interested in the war games...wish they had an RTS category.

Bioshock is very boring and bland to me...MAYBE worth $5...maybe.

I am interested in the war games...wish they had an RTS category.

You're in the minority though -- it was several people's game of the year.

For $5, you would be a fool not to at least try it.

Bioshock is on the list for must have FPS's

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/bioshock

skinny: 96% on metacritic. That's ridiculously good. I was at my friend matt's house when the game was released. He beat it in 15 hours straight while sean and I ate all his food and played boardgames. That's enough for me to think the game must be pretty engrossing. I've had it since it was $5 on steam and Im kinda ADD so Ive never gotten around to playing it.

Last edited:
You're in the minority though -- it was several people's game of the year.

For $5, you would be a fool not to at least try it.

And? Because I'm in the minority, I'm not allowed to say it is bad or something? It's a boring game, plain and simple. There's a demo if anyone wants to try it.

Anyone want to speculate as to what war games will be available?

I finished downloading Bioshock yesterday; I hadn't even thought of the key. Is the key provided in the download or is that emailed? I don't have an email with the key so I was just wondering. I plan on reinstalling my system completely when I get Windows 7, so I'm thinking of waiting to install Bioshock until then. But I want to make sure it works. Is there a limited number of installs with games from D2D?

Do you guys copy your games to discs? Do you copy the zip file or unzip and then copy?

The key is listed on the download page, you can go back into your account and bring it up at any time. There is no install limits unless enforced by a third party DRM, which I'm pretty sure is usually listed in advance. I keep my install files on a removable HDD with all my TechNet ISOs and such. You don't need to burn a copy unless you want a backup.

How are D2D games when it comes to multiplayer LAN? A lot of the FPS games I play can be played over the LAN using the same disc, just not online. My friends and I can play them without having to have a different disc/key for each PC. I was just wondering if I could do that with something like GRAW 2 with D2D's version?

How are D2D games when it comes to multiplayer LAN? A lot of the FPS games I play can be played over the LAN using the same disc, just not online. My friends and I can play them without having to have a different disc/key for each PC. I was just wondering if I could do that with something like GRAW 2 with D2D's version?
I think that would depend on the game. I'm pretty sure it isn't like Steam where you can't have the game running on two PCs at the same time, but some games require online authentication before you can play any sort of multiplayer, and in such a case you probably wouldn't be able to do it.

Picked up Assassin's Creed last night and noticed that games that have DRM list it on the product page. (AC not being one of them.)

Just an FYI for the 'DRM avoidance' crowd. ;)

The 1 hour 23 minute time (as of now) is the time they have posted on their website.

Since I still have at least 40 minutes left on the deals from last week, were any of them worth it? I didn't snag any of 'em...

Back