D2D 5 Year Anniversary Sale- $5 a Game (50 Games)

so, i want to get a few of the games that are still available for $5, and i need some opinions.

So far in my cart i have:

Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena
Bioshock
Saints Row 2
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyle
Frontlines Fuel of War

I've read reviews on all of them, and they all look good, but i can only really get 2 or 3 games at most... which ones would you guys pick? I haven't played any of them (that i listed).

Adam

Definitely STALKER and Bioshock.

Every open-world game has its boundaries. The area you can explore in STALKER is quite large though. And as for the loading, that can't really be helped; it's just how the game engine works.

The fences made it very linear... STALKER is not open-world gaming... There's one way to get from A to B...

That engine is full of fail IMO... Just kills the feeling of immersion...

It's worth $5, but it also forced me to go back to other genres...

played through bioshock three times. it's reasonably open ended, but what made me go back was because there are just so many ways to play it!

i just bought and am downloading STALKER & bioshock.

now i just have to wait till i get it downloaded.

but yea, i missed it the first time around them being $5, but they were $5 again, so i bought them :)

For those of you who have purchased STALKER on D2D, can you use mods with the game? I would rather pay more for the ability to use them.

For those of you who have purchased STALKER on D2D, can you use mods with the game? I would rather pay more for the ability to use them.
Mods can be used with the Steam version, so I'm sure they can be used with the D2D version as well.

I have Stalker Complete installed and working perfectly on the D2D game.

List:

Mount and Blade
World of Goo
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Sword of the Stars
Cogs
Light of Altair
The Path
Bridge Construction Set
GishGish
Zatikon

Mount and Blade is worth it, and if anyone hasn't played World of Goo yet.... wtf

Zatikon's still available for $5, but on the list it's been replaced by D2D Best of Girls of Gaming:

But this part sucks:

You must be 18 years or older to purchase.

To celebrate Direct2Drive 5-year anniversary, Girls of Gaming presents - D2D Best of Girls of Gaming, featuring the virtual ladies who excite and entice us, who dominate our imaginations... or submit to our intentions. Here, we celebrate their diversity, in gorgeous portraits, painted, drawn, and rendered. Some are gentle as the wind, like stoic summoner Yuna, from Final Fantasy. Some are demanding vixens, like Soul Calibur's whip-wielding Ivy. And still others are just human beings with extraordinary talents, like Street Fighter's Chun Lee, or Tomb Raider's Lara Croft. No matter how complicated or simple their histories may be, they all share one thing in common: Beauty. So come, take a look at these girls of gaming and let your mind wander back to the times you've shared with each women. Perhaps you'll see a new face or two...

Adobe Digital Editions required for viewing. Need help? Contact Customer Support

Note: You will only be able to use the D2D Best of Girls of Gaming on the computer you first install it on. Reloading Windows or formatting is also considered a second computer install and will disable your guide. Please feel free to print out your D2D Best of Girls of Gaming.

so, it's only good for the one computer you right now put it on? For just pictures? So, if you're going to print 'em, print 'em now. because if Windows borks itself and you need to re-format, the pics are gone for good!

Also, where's the list of Boys of Gaming?

Note to Devs: You want to move the gun side to side, fine. But don't move the whole friggen view side to side along with the gun. It's both sickening and annoying. Ah well, at least it was only $5.

I had the same problem with Stalker. I could not play it for very long due to the running motion.

I'm interested in seeing what games Monday will bring.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1589663

According to SD, these will be the final deals starting 10/5:

Company of Heroes Gold [direct2drive.com] - $5
Supreme Commander Gold [direct2drive.com] - $5
World in Conflict Gold Edition [direct2drive.com] - $5
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War-Dark Crusade [direct2drive.com] - $5
Battlestations Pacific [direct2drive.com] - $5
Codename Panzer-Cold War [direct2drive.com] - $5
Hearts of Iron II Collection [direct2drive.com] - $5
Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30 [direct2drive.com] - $5
Delta Force: Land warrior [direct2drive.com] - $5
Delta Force: Task Force dagger [direct2drive.com]
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance [direct2drive.com] - $5
Company of Heroes [direct2drive.com] - $5

Supreme Commander might be a buy...might. Also World in Conflict...but probably not. Just sold both, but wouldn't mind having them digital.

Company of Heroes gold for $5 is pretty good for those that don't have it yet. I think I've got everything on this list I'm likely to play though.

I saw supreme commander (not sure if it included the expansion) at best buy for $5 a few days ago (not sure if it was a special or normal price). This was in Boston.

What I know I'll be buying...
Company of Heroes Gold
Supreme Commander Gold

But I'm kinda torn between World in Conflict Gold Edition and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War-Dark Crusade. Does anyone know about their multiplayer communities? Which game has the most active online community? Or are both not worth it?

Thanks for posting that because that at least tells you that most of the Indie stuff on sale for another hour or so will not be on sale any longer....so I picked up Goo even though I wasn't really sold off the demo. I'm sure I'll get at least the $5 worth though.

The war stuff..I'll probably get Brothers in Arms; the rest is not really my cup of tea. (Not really a RTS fan.)

Doesn't SC Gold include Forged Alliance?

Yes, supreme commander gold comes with the original and the standalone expansion (forged alliance).

All 'gold' editions are multipacks coming with the expansion. AFAIK there is no reason to not order a gold version, even if you already have one of the games.

Man the site is getting hammered. I'm interested in getting WiC Gold, but it's only showing $30 - $10 = $20 =(

edit: sweet they fixed it

Last edited:
Didn't think I'd buy anything this week, but I picked up World in Conflict, Company of Heroes Gold, and Battlestations Pacific... going to have to free up some HD space....

I keep getting transaction failed when I attempt to pay with paypal. :confused: Anyone else getting that?

gonna get supreme commander and battlestation:pacific, I remember playing battlestation:midway and that wasn't bad.

Going pick-up Company of Heroes Gold, Supreme Commander Gold, Warhammer, Battlestations. Wish Assassin's Creed Director's Cut was still available, sleep on that one.

I keep getting transaction failed when I attempt to pay with paypal. :confused: Anyone else getting that?

It did the same thing with paypal a few weeks ago due to their server being overloaded. I think it was dropping the old transaction due to inactivity before paypal came back with the ok. Wait a few hours and it'll work.

I just grabbed Supreme Commander Gold. I don't even know if I'll like it, but it's worth a shot for $5.

It did the same thing with paypal a few weeks ago due to their server being overloaded. I think it was dropping the old transaction due to inactivity before paypal came back with the ok. Wait a few hours and it'll work.

Damn, I'm still getting a "Transaction Failed" error when I try to buy the games; is anyone else having better luck right now?

Damn, I'm still getting a "Transaction Failed" error when I try to buy the games; is anyone else having better luck right now?

Did you check the region restrictions?

By the way, is anyone willing to trade a game for another? I haven't been able to get Civilization 4 so far and the promotion is almost over :/

How is direct 2 drive compared to steam?

It's ok. The interface may not be nice enough like Steam, but it works. It's still a bit messy because you need this downloader to install stuff on your hard drive after you have requested the download on their site, but other than that, they are ok. Big catalog and ok prices.

Did you check the region restrictions?

By the way, is anyone willing to trade a game for another? I haven't been able to get Civilization 4 so far and the promotion is almost over :/

Hmmm, yeah, I'm just trying to get Company of Heroes Gold, Supreme Commander Gold, and Battlestations: Pacific.

I've tried PayPal and directly inputting my card information three times; so I'm out of ways to pay T___T

So I have to wait until tomorrow to try again? Damn. I wish somebody could buy them for me
>___<

Edit: I know this is really far-fetch'd, but is there a way that somebody can gift me the games and I can pay them back through my PayPal?
Heatware: Razrael

Last edited:
It's ok. The interface may not be nice enough like Steam, but it works. It's still a bit messy because you need this downloader to install stuff on your hard drive after you have requested the download on their site, but other than that, they are ok. Big catalog and ok prices.

No, you don't need the downloader. You can get it, but you can also just download things without it.

How is direct 2 drive compared to steam?
You don't have to log into your account to play the games you buy. You download the game, put in your authorization code the first time you start it up, and then you just play the game. I bought World of Goo through them, and I've had it playing on 3 different computers at the same time. Couldn't do that with steam.

man, all these games for $5 are actually making Steams special sales mediocre.
I recently payed $29.99 for CoH gold :(

Oh man T____T
All this talk about the games is wanting me to play them.
Is there any gifting method in D2D?

Back