D2D 5 Year Anniversary Sale- $5 a Game (50 Games)

So, bought Company of Heroes, put in the multi key but it will not allow me to play the single player campaign missions; says I need to buy the full version of the original game.

Any ideas?
Did you put in the keys for both the original and the expansion pack?

I only received one key in the email...and the key listed next to the game in my account is a series of alphanumeric characters, in the following pattern: 8-4-4-4-12. I tried entering the first characters, then the last, then the middle...no luck.

Thanks for your response.

Go to your account on the D2D site and see what serial number or numbers it gives you. I'm not sure if CoH Gold uses a single serial number or two.

Yeah, that's where I was when I saw the wierd code listed. I guess I may just have to contact d2d.

For COH I received the multiplayer key by email and listed right before you select to DL. Got the activation key by going to my account.

yeah, the activation key in 'My Account;' was it 4-4-4-4-4 for you? Because mine was 8-4-4-4-12.

I emailed support. Guess I'll try some other combinations of what's on my account in the meantime.

Thanks for your responses!

Wait, am I supposed to be getting a Securerom screen or something like that? Because I'm not.

yeah, the activation key in 'My Account;' was it 4-4-4-4-4 for you? Because mine was 8-4-4-4-12.

I emailed support. Guess I'll try some other combinations of what's on my account in the meantime.

Thanks for your responses!

Some of the games I've gotten from them have an additional layer of authentication that comes up when you launch the downloaded version from the D2D site. I checked and its in the format 8-4-4-4-12.

A dialog box comes up, you enter the 8-4-4-4-12 code and it spits out another code which then launches your program's install, if I recall correctly.

Okay. I'm on Vista, my firewall is off.

I launched the COH install again and it just goes right into the install; at what point do you get the extra pop-up? Thanks.

So apparently I want to activate after I go into the game, but before I let it auto-update.

Thanks for all your input! hopefully Assassin's Creed and World of Goo will be smoother.

Okay, looks like I had to put COH in XPSP2 compatibility mode to get it to launch reliably.

Last edited:
i love supcom
everyone plays the expansion because it fixed alled the bugs and runs so much better
and looks better too

Haha, that's cool, tell me your opinion whenever you can, I might just join you in on that game.

Still haven't done multiplayer, but it is a blast regardless! The Iowa class battleships really sound cool and look it as well. It is worth $5, but then again I spent $150 on dinner and drinks with the lady tonight - just think - it's less than a movie (who pays for movies these days anyway lol)

Anyone purchase Battlestations: Pacific and have issues running it? I've installed dx9 and now its bitching about xlive. Well I ran games for windows and still nothing. I want my $5 back.

srsly, i just did the patch, but when I try to play campaign, it crashes to desktop.

must be windows 7 :(

srsly, i just did the patch, but when I try to play campaign, it crashes to desktop.

must be windows 7 :(

Works for me... actually now that I think of it, I only tried the tutorial.... I'm not sure if the campaign works... but I'm on Win7 x64

Little off topic but how has everyone be putting these on DVD's since average 6.5-7GB's. Thinking about dual layer. Better idea's?

May just leave them on my 2nd drive till Christmas, wife getting a Asus ROG laptop with a dual layer burner.

I was very tempted to buy some of these games... the only thing stopping me is I just don't have the time to play them.

Guys --- My company of heroes gold installed a torrent download manager from relic in order to get the patches. I don't appreciate that. If I'm paying for these games - I don't want to be downloading them from my peers.

I appreciate the way Steam works more. I don't know if this is a deal breaker for some, but it might be.

I wonder why Codename: Panzers - Cold War was dropped from the list this week? I was waiting 'til yesterday to buy 'em all (in no hurry, can't play 'em 'til the weekend anyway), and I realized there were now only nine games in the list...?

Guys --- My company of heroes gold installed a torrent download manager from relic in order to get the patches. I don't appreciate that. If I'm paying for these games - I don't want to be downloading them from my peers.

I appreciate the way Steam works more. I don't know if this is a deal breaker for some, but it might be.
Torrents will get you your patches faster while putting less of a strain on Relic's servers. Why do you have a problem with that?

??? Why is that a big deal? It's not uncommon for companies to do that, to download World of Warcraft you can enable a P2P system as well.

I think it's used mainly to speed up transfers, you can download faster while uploading a bit. I'm not sure why you don't appreciate that....

because they didn't tell me specifically that they were doing that up front. They just installed it. At least with this direct2drive version they did tell me that I had an option to do it but when I chose no it used it anyway! Moreover - they didn't uninstall it when I got the patches downloaded. It even gave a false error message that basically lied to me stating that my firewall was potentially limiting bandwidth and that I should disable my firewall for that application to increase my performance. (I was maxing out my cable modem, but blocking uploads. After my download was done I did notice that the uploads ticked up somehow to 1.2 and 1.3kb/s second even though my firewall should have been blocking it??? So it would have just sat there - seeding for others even though I told it no! I'm computer savy so I can remove it but many of my friends would not know to remove it and so they would be using their bandwidth/slowing their connection for who knows how long without really even knowing they were being a patsy for relic. That's uncool. When I installed the free version of DDO recently they did the same thing. Absolutely NO notice of this shady installer on the DDO installer; it just installed a seeder torrent client and I would have never known about it had I not looked in add/remove programs files and deleted the software or been warned in a online forum about that practice.

The torrent client is in the patch notes.

If you're as concerned about your computer's security and operations as you are indicating, then you should also be reading the patch notes before you install the software.

Do people still play World in Conflict multiplayer? Does anyone know the stats? How many servers/players are usually online on average?

i love supcom
everyone plays the expansion because it fixed alled the bugs and runs so much better
and looks better too

And it was finally priced appropriately! :D For an expansion that was effectively the result of all of us original SupCom purchasers beta testing the code for them, having to buy FA at full retail price was such an insult at the time. This was $5 well spent. :)

??? Why is that a big deal? It's not uncommon for companies to do that, to download World of Warcraft you can enable a P2P system as well.

I think it's used mainly to speed up transfers, you can download faster while uploading a bit. I'm not sure why you don't appreciate that....

The relic P2P sharing program that comes required in the Direct 2 Drive Company of Heroes download is sneaky -- that's another problem with it. It opens everytime you start the game -- note opens without telling you it is opening. If you minimize the game or alt-tab out there it is on your taskbar showing it's upload and download numbers. I can't figure out how to get rid of it - outside of manually closing the program each time I start the game. When you close the game it closes out automatically. That's shady. I don't want that on my PC. I don't think I'll be buying anymore games from direct 2 drive after seeing how they've implemented this. I have a slower broadband connection and if I want to be playing a game online I do NOT want peer to peer leaching slowing down my gaming session, introducing CPU and Memory dedregation, increasing my lag, and primarily sneakily operating in the background. Steam has never done that type of thing to me --- that I've seen.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore games from direct 2 drive after seeing how they've implemented this.
It has nothing to do with D2D. They just give you the installer; the patching method is entirely up to the devs.

It has nothing to do with D2D. They just give you the installer; the patching method is entirely up to the devs.

Yep, CoH is one of the few games I've bought from D2D where D2D did not provide the patch themselves, probably because Relic wanted to do it. Probably because there are like 20 patches normally, and there's a good chance that the patches can go wrong.

Anyways, after finding out the program pops up after you've patched is a little strange I'll admit (I just saw this last night as well), but D2D has nothing to do with it, blame Relic.

Yep, CoH is one of the few games I've bought from D2D where D2D did not provide the patch themselves, probably because Relic wanted to do it. Probably because there are like 20 patches normally, and there's a good chance that the patches can go wrong.

Anyways, after finding out the program pops up after you've patched is a little strange I'll admit (I just saw this last night as well), but D2D has nothing to do with it, blame Relic.

I have both the retail version and the steam version of Coh. The steam version patches automatically for you flawlessly which is pretty good considering how much patches there in and they do not combine patches.

The D2D version only needed 3 patches, yet the auto patch still managed to screw up on me and "corrupt". The last patch was downloaded, but it said it was corrupted... I installed it manually and it seemed to install fine. I have some graphical problems now though, I think I might need to uninstall and try again though....

Back