Cyberpunk 2077

1626566749132.jpeg

you're saying to trust players who have played the game...that's exactly what I'm doing...people I trust, review sites I trust...what you are trying to say is- only trust me and the few others who are saying the game is bug free and amazing...don't trust anyone who says the game has any bugs or is an incomplete game or just plain disappointing compared to the hype...only trust me...anyone who says anything negative about the game hasn't played it or is lying
Back to this strawman? Who on this earth said the game is bug free? Or that it is everything they promised and more? You sound like a broken record now. You are the one who said there are things between 0/10 and 10/10, yet its also you who always pivots back to this nonsense that those who like the game say it is flawless. The game can still be good and worth playing even if you encounter a few non-game breaking bugs and it lacks a few features that were originally promised.
do you even realize how insane that sounds?...
Yeah it would be insane, had anyone actually suggested anything even close to that.
and the really ironic part is that you're the guy who hates 75% of games
Another misrepresentation. I criticize games for their shortcomings, but if I finish a game that means I liked it, because I'm not stupid. Why would I finish games I hate? The actual number of games that I couldn't finish is insignificant compared to how many I completed. Just because I give a game a 4/10 score doesn't mean I outright hated it. If I hate a game I stop playing it, like most recently Dying Light. But even there I only hated some aspects of it, but unfortunately the negatives overpowered the positives.

and all of a sudden CP2077 has made you all cheery and happy...again stop trying to be edgy or go against the grain because you think you need to do that to maintain your shtick
I bet you never even read my review of Cyberpunk 2077 yet you are attributing bs to me like "all cheery and happy"
I assure you everything I say about games is 100% my honest opinion and not about trying to be anything. You are confusing me with youtube influencers. I actually take offense at that more so than at anything else you said so far.

It's interesting when I think about something like Resident Evil Village.

REV is a very linear (literal corridor-style level design despite appearances, locked progression) but concise game that's polished and enjoyable and importantly hits the right beats throughout, though one can see just how short it is on a second playthrough (can be beaten in 2-3 hours, it's even required for some in-game currency) and how various sections only really work best on a first playthrough.

Received near-universal praise, though there are some occasional performance hiccups. Clearly players can embrace concise games if that's the expectation going in, though it's challenging to deliver the same density of enjoyment for vast open world style games. It's kind of a miracle they managed to hit the right notes with so many players with The Witcher 3.
Games like that can work. I didn't mean to imply that every $60 game needed to be some 100 hour long experience. But, I think if you are going to go for a short game it needs to have a good story, AAA graphics and provide a very polished experience. I'm going to be a lot less forgiving of a game that's 4 hours and fucked up vs. one that's 120 hours with various issues. That's not to say CDPR is off the hook for Cyberpunk 2077's issues. They aren't.
when people make nonsensical comments things need to be explained...like this one:

M76: "I'm glad I didn't wait a single day to buy the game, as it is basically the same still. They haven't done any gameplay changes, haven't added new features, or even qol updates. Only bugfixes, and sneakily reducing draw distance to improve performance, which is a net negative imo"

the guy is trying to rationalize why playing it on Day 1 was the better experience...according to him waiting actually hurt the overall game lol...I mean seriously??...fanboys rationalize the bugs away by saying they didn't see any of them, they rationalize the Day 1 experience by implying that CDPR later downgraded the game visually etc...and yes by the way they did make gameplay changes (police response)...and 'only bug fixes'- they literally have fixed 1000+ bugs to this point

this is your video gamer in 2021 ladies and gentleman!...play the game and enjoy it on Day 1 or Day 101 but when people make absolutely bonkers fanboy statements it needs to be rebutted as they give the overall gaming community a bad name...I've bought lots of games on Day 1...some I loved and some I didn't (I loved the asymmetrical MP game Evolve)...'when' you buy a game is irrelevant as long as you are honest with yourself about its faults
Well, the day one experience allows you to experience the game before people can give you their opinions on it or taint your view of the story. Objectively, everything about the experience should improve as the game gets fixed, gains DLC and added features or even content over time. The Witcher 3 as it stands today is going to be a better experience than it was on launch day. As for waiting, the point he might be making is that not supporting the game early could hurt the game as it reduces the amount of interest and profit the company sees in it. Without customer / player support, the game may die right then and there. We saw Mass Effect Andromeda get technical fixes for about six months and then the game was utterly abandoned by EAoWare. In that sense, waiting to buy the game could hurt it. There is no danger of that here given how well the game sold despite its controversies and quality issues.
Back to this strawman? Who on this earth said the game is bug free? Or that it is everything they promised and more? You sound like a broken record now. You are the one who said there are things between 0/10 and 10/10, yet its also you who always pivots back to this nonsense that those who like the game say it is flawless. The game can still be good and worth playing even if you encounter a few non-game breaking bugs and it lacks a few features that were originally promised.
I've said something to the effect of: "I didn't encounter any major, game breaking bugs during my initial day one playthrough." Some people may mistake that statement to mean that I had zero problems with Cyberpunk 2077. That couldn't be further from the truth. I still see NPC's T-posing down the street naked, or heads appear over cars. I can see cyberware systems that do not work along side massive game balance issues. I see weapon mods that don't do anything or aren't worth using because some other mod is far more useful, etc. I still see side quests that occasionally can't be completed for one reason or another. In my first playthrough, I saw two of those and one of them can be corrected by having a cyberdeck equipped instead of a Kerenzikov. This isn't game breaking though. None of it was. Yes, there were lots of visual and quest glitches that did impact the experience but none of them were game breaking. None of them occurred all the time.

Taco just plaid that mission and don't know what to say, mate. The whole experience felt so...
underwhelming? Very mediocre mission : ( am sorry.

Agreed actually due to the fact that often times, taco experience differed from other peoples'.
It's not exactly a memorable game play experience. It's just funny. Some missions are like that. Mass Effect and other RPG type games usually have some missions like that. Not necessarily the same subject matter, but you get the idea.

It's not exactly a memorable game play experience. It's just funny. Some missions are like that. Mass Effect and other RPG type games usually have some missions like that. Not necessarily the same subject matter, but you get the idea.
The point here, is that the side missions in this game are pretty lame in terms of complexity. Again, in Witcher 3, which is what people thought this game was going to be in terms of quality, the side missions were as complex as the main questline with well written characters, and choices that actually impacted the rest of the game world.

The point here, is that the side missions in this game are pretty lame in terms of complexity. Again, in Witcher 3, which is what people thought this game was going to be in terms of quality, the side missions were as complex as the main questline with well written characters, and choices that actually impacted the rest of the game world.
To be fair, some of the side missions in CP2077 are complex. Some do have an impact on the game world, albeit in subtle ways. There is a mission where you are hired to kill a convicted murderer. Now, you can do precisely what you were hired to do and kill the murderer while he's being transported to a filming studio where he's going to record a braindance. If you talk to the murder and the BD producer, you'll find out he's turned into a religious zealot and found "redemption." He's actually going to be executed while its being recorded from his perspective. Depending on how far you follow this, it can have a number of effects. If you follow through the plan you'll find advertisements for it in the game's advertising. This includes video and radio adds. If you instill doubt in the guy's mind, the BD flops and you'll hear news stories regarding how bad the BD was. If you kill the guy, then none of that happens. If it flops, you'll also have hostile communication from the BD executive, etc.

The quest is very complex and does impact the game world. However, given the setting of Cyberpunk, some of the quests shouldn't impact anything. It's more fitting that they don't. However, some quests like River's quest line do have a couple of vastly different outcomes and make a difference in the world as well. I don't think that CP2077 gets enough credit for some of these side missions as they are completely optional and have just as much complexity as much of the main storyline. The writing is excellent and one can make different choices and get vastly different outcomes in those quests. In fact, the ones with Panam can enable or lock you out of a specific ending. Panam is interesting as her quests overlap with the main story while generally feeling isolated from it.

Here is something more interesting to post about, what is everyone's favorite mods, all this back and forth and I want to play again with some installed.

Here is something more interesting to post about, what is everyone's favorite mods, all this back and forth and I want to play again with some installed.

Don't use mods. They'll make the game even more unstable than it already is.

Don't use mods. They'll make the game even more unstable than it already is.
Some of them can, but many of them work fine. I've literally got hundreds of hours in the game WITH mods and no crashing issues.

I use a weapon balance mod that makes the machine guns and assault rifles not total shit. I also use one to convert the General Lee Quadra into another Quadra 66 model. Another to turn the Cthulhu into a street machine, an appearance changer, and several to change the default color of some of the vehicles you can get. Of course, CyberEngineTweaks is a must. This is basically required to use any mods. It also allows you to run commands to do things like get all the crafting recipes and things like that which often can't be gained normally because of broken vendors.

Last edited:
Some of them can, but many of them work fine. I've literally got hundreds of hours in the game WITH mods and no crashing issues.

I use a weapon balance mod that makes the machine guns and assault rifles not total shit. I also use one to convert the General Lee Quadra into another Quadra 66 model. Another to turn the Cthulhu into a street machine, an appearance changer, and several to change the default color of some of the vehicles you can get. Of course, CyberEngineTweaks is a must. This is basically required to use any mods. It also allows you to run commands to do things like get all the crafting recipes and things like that which often can't be gained normally because of broken vendors.
I haven't tried those two, ran cyberenginetweaks, the arasaka image changer, and a few other visual mods I don't recall atm. never had any stability issues that I would attribute to mods (an outfit and a preset face).

I've been playing with a lot of mods- over 70 on the playthru I recently finished and the upcoming run I'm currently playtesting is up to 90 or so with the list mostly finalized- but I have a core set that I'll be sticking with from now on that adds some QoL features to the gameworld and makes the combat less looter-shooter-ey and a lot more tense and tactical (think shades of STALKER or Metro on Ranger Hardcore), if you're into that kind of thing. Personally I just want to focus on tactics when in combat and roleplaying when I'm not and like most RPGs, 2077 is a lot more grindey than I'd personally like.

Gameplay Modz:

Realistic Combat Overhaul
- Both player and non-boss enemies have base hitpoints permanently capped @ 100 at all levels. No more bullet sponges! Status effects like food and Bounce Back as well as Cyberware still boost health.
- Weapons & Armor scaling flattened so early-game items stay useful, no more finding a cool outfit or weapon set only for it to be useless a couple levels later

Manual Reload
- <frantically pulling trigger, gun just clicks> aw feck no not now <running for cover and reaching for Square / X>

Discard Magazine ammo on reload
- Reloading before the magazine is empty? Tsk tsk, how wasteful. Better save time to empty the old mag or that ammo is gone forever!

All Drops Legendary
- All armor/weapons are Legendary. Since stats are already flattened by first mod, the AC and DPS don't end up OP- I just do this to add more status effects and mod slots to make things more interesting.

Lifepath Bonuses and Gang-Corp Traits
- Significantly deepens the system of enemy resistances/vulnerabilities and ties them to both NPC & player faction. It actually pays to scan every enemy and check their stats before a fight!

Sneak
- Makes enemies detect player easier and more quickly. There are some other stealth rebalancing mods I'm evaluating too; the basegame stealth is too easy IMO

Better Netrunning
- Nerfs Netrunning by blocking almost all Quickhacks until a Breach Protocol has been run on the network. Have to actually get in the network to hack it! Can't get in? Too bad!

AI Netrunners Enhanced
- NPC 'runners will actually use a full range of hax- not only Overheat! Thrill of watching "SYNAPSE BURNOUT" upload progressing while frantically searching for the responsible enemy truly must be felt

Enhanced Police
- There's only so much that can be done w the police in 2077 but this helps. Tho TBH I avoid civilian killing and other LEO interactions in-game; I've gone entire playthrus without a single warrant <shrug>

Street Vendors
- OMFG! The hundreds(?) of street vendors scattered around the city actually sell stuff now! New mod, will be fecking nova for RP. No more going to a specific person just to get a slice of pizza or a coffee

Graphics Mods

Eye Adaptation Auto Exposure Fix
- Makes first-person driving not completely broken by blinding overexposure. I prefer FPV at all times for "immersion" or whatever and this helps, along with a toggleable custom "sunglasses ON" Reshade.

DLSS Fix For Inventory Menu And Character Creation Rendering
- Disables DLSS when in the menus so V no longer appears in super potato blur-a-vision while trying on clothes

DLSS Mirror Fix and DLSS Sharpness (ini tweak)
- Fixes mirrors being blurry potatovision while DLSS enabled

Enable Global Illumination with ini tweak
- GI adds a lot visually for me but usually requires Psycho preset which murders performance. This just adds outdoors GI without boosting everything else the Psycho preset does
- in "rendering.ini" add [RayTracing] section, under this section add "EnableGlobalIllumination = True"
- enjoy that delightful sunlight bounce lighting if you're into that kind of thing

UI Mods

Limited HUD
- makes HUD elements context-toggleable. IE, minimap only appears when in-vehicle, enemy tags only appear when in-combat, etc. Good for keeping a clean HUD for exploring while retaining utility too

Mighty Minimap
- L A R G E M A P
- no more missing turns because GPS only shows like half a block ahead
- combined with LHUD, can be hidden when not in-vehicle

Non-Hideable HUD Removal (only certain modules so as to not conflict with LHUD)
- get rid of the crouch icon (I know when I'm crouching dammit!)
- get rid of enemy healthbars (everybody only has 100hp, I'll just keep shooting till they stop getting up)

No More UI Speedometer
- I can just look at the in-car speedo in FPV ffs

Believe it or not that's just a fraction of my modlist but encompasses the core gameplay changes. Most of the rest is just aesthetic stuff like altering NPC appearances and adding new player hairstyles and tattoos to mix things up between playthrus and personalizing the UI with different colors and fonts, plus some input configfile tweaks to tailor the gamepad experience for my exact setup and preferences and im-game item swaps here and there.

The modding scene for this game is freaking robust and I love it. Definitely on the level of the Elder Scrolls titles in my estimation.

Last edited:
The modding scene for this game is freaking robust and I love it. Definitely on the level of the Elder Scrolls titles in my estimation.

It isn't. If you look at what's available for those games the amount of mods are utterly absurd. Both the quality and quantity of them. That's not to say they are all winners. Many aren't, but Cyberpunk 2077 seems to have a healthy modding scene. That being said, while there isn't the same amount or level of stuff out there for it, the game hasn't been out that long. All of the Elder Scrolls games are pretty old now. Plus, they've been using the same engine forever. Cyberpunk 2077 may very well get there but it has a long way to go.

It isn't. If you look at what's available for those games the amount of mods are utterly absurd. Both the quality and quantity of them. That's not to say they are all winners. Many aren't, but Cyberpunk 2077 seems to have a healthy modding scene. That being said, while there isn't the same amount or level of stuff out there for it, the game hasn't been out that long. All of the Elder Scrolls games are pretty old now. Plus, they've been using the same engine forever. Cyberpunk 2077 may very well get there but it has a long way to go.
I mean sure, yeah a 7 month old game isn't going to have the same depth and breadth of player-created content as game that are 10 years old; my point was comparing the immediate and widespread mod making. Reminds me of Oblivion mod scene 2007 if that makes sense. Still new but full of dedication

Since this looks like the 'cyberpunk' info dump, here's a new bits.

Discussion on the free dlc's datamined.. per the video, if they go the route of Witcher3 (and given the names) then the free goodies would be some ancillary things.

A few weapons, new camera poses, a car, clothing, a few side missions, updates to the apartment or apartments to buy, something with mirrors, melee finisher animation, enemy scaling on modified new game, and a few unknowns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...cyberpunk_free_dlc_and_expansions_names_leak/

if the CP2077 DLC is as good as Blood and Wine + Hearts of Stone then it'll go a long way towards restoring the games damaged reputation...giving it away for free as a gesture of appreciation would be even better...

great DLC can do wonders...Dark Souls 2 DLC was amazing and took the game to another level

No way they’ll give the expansions for free. However, if they charge for the more trivial DLC, people are going to ignore that crap, largely.

From what I gather, expansions will most likely be for the money, the DLCs mentioned above will be free... assuming they keep with the Witcher 3 concepts.

something with mirrors
could it be?! V will no longer be a reflection-less vampire when out in public?

Does seem like a long shot that would be entirely fixed though... the weird mirror situation from my understanding has to do with making the interactive mirrors work without Raytraced reflections** and the lack of RT player character reflections in general is a manner of hiding the fact that FPV character model is a headless, noodley-appendaged abomination. I guess if they fix the limb rigging and head clipping in FPV they could make the character model look good enough in motion to be added to reflections, I'd welcome that.

** for those who don't know, the mirrors that V can look into and see themself use a nightmarishly complicated system where the entire room is duplicated in a hidden area and when the mirror is activated, a second player character model (with head reattached) is spawned along with a second camera that's positioned behind the mirror in the hidden room, looking out at the duplicate player from the duplicate mirrors perspective. The view from the second camera is turned into an animated texture that's painted onto the mirror surface the actual player is looking at. Hence the performance, visual, and stability issues with the interactive mirrors. They must be a coding nightmare.

Promising. I'm still waiting at least a year after release before I buy this. I'm sure they will continue to patch it up throughout the year and into 2022.

This is what patch 1.23 should have been. The list of fixes is utterly massive and we get some minor free DLC's along with it. These are basically two cosmetics and one car that I'm not excited about.

I hope this patch actually improves the asinine level of pop in. It's just ridiculous that a game this demanding loads shit nearly right in front of your face and you can walk forward and back up and watch it disappear and reappear. Hell I can see NPCs just pop in right down the street even. And something else that pisses me off in this game and completely kills any immersion is that everybody just looks like they're floating almost and the animations are just pure garbage not to mention it's the same NPCs everywhere. I looked at a girl and guy and then I walked about 5 ft to the right and it was the exact same models again wearing the exact same clothes and even uttering the exact same phrases. I have tried and tried to get into this game and then I see crap like that and I just stop playing because it kills it from me. I don't see how in the hell so many people are praising the game at this point.

Seems like there are some unwanted changes as well. Like upgrading weapons change their level requierement meaning you can accidentally make your weapons unusable to your character by upgrading them. Who wanted this?

I hope this patch actually improves the asinine level of pop in.
Are you playing on a HDD? I've dropped over 200 hours on an SSD with the game and I've barely seen any pop in at all. Maybe a texture here and there is low res for a second, but it is rare.

Are you playing on a HDD? I've dropped over 200 hours on an SSD with the game and I've barely seen any pop in at all. Maybe a texture here and there is low res for a second, but it is rare.
I haven't used a regular hard drive in 4 years. And I'm sorry but you just must be pretty oblivious to it because this game has laughable levels of pop in. You can even see some signs and objects on the ground just slowly get rendered right in front of you and again just backing up and walking forward will make them come in and out of view. And this is on maxed settings. I just think overall the graphics are mediocre at best and in some places just horrible looking for a game that's this demanding.

The 1.3 patch is a definitely a big one, with changes ranging from individual mission fixes and tweaks to minimaps fixes and the ability to reallocate perk points, which is a major improvement all on its own

For anyone hoping it will completely fix the game, though, we have the same advice we did after the 1.2 patch in April: Keep waiting...Cyberpunk 2077 was released well before it was finished and a few patches, even big ones, aren't going to result in a finished game, which could still be a couple years away...

https://www.pcgamer.com/players-kne...t-free-dlc-would-be-small-but-not-this-small/

The 1.3 patch is a definitely a big one, with changes ranging from individual mission fixes and tweaks to minimaps fixes and the ability to reallocate perk points, which is a major improvement all on its own

For anyone hoping it will completely fix the game, though, we have the same advice we did after the 1.2 patch in April: Keep waiting...Cyberpunk 2077 was released well before it was finished and a few patches, even big ones, aren't going to result in a finished game, which could still be a couple years away...

https://www.pcgamer.com/players-kne...t-free-dlc-would-be-small-but-not-this-small/
The game still doesn't have water physics, good police chase systems or a number of other requested features.

It looks a great patch, makes me glad I've held back somewhat. But there is certainly some way to go before it performs as intended.
Problem is (or I thought), someone reminded me of Freelancer (an 18 yr old game) and barely remember it lol.
Its been taking up most of my spare time playing as a new game !
With some fixes for newer equipment (ie Jasons patch for bigger screens) it stands up against modern day games surprisingly well.
fyi for any space dwellers looking for a reason to pause :)

The game still doesn't have water physics, good police chase systems or a number of other requested features.

seems like they fixed around 10,000+ bugs to this point...at this point I'm just waiting for it to hit ~$35...it's never going to be the game most people were expecting from CDPR but it still seems worth playing

Yeah, because that's all they did in 8 months /rolleyes.
My point is it was a fairly noticeable issue that has been around since launch and it's crazy to me that it took them this long and this many patches to fix. Half the items on the ground are (were?) unable to be looted for me.

Seems like there are some unwanted changes as well. Like upgrading weapons change their level requierement meaning you can accidentally make your weapons unusable to your character by upgrading them. Who wanted this?

If that is true, it just adds another layer of tedium. The upgrading and weapon selling is one of the worst parts of this game. For future DLC I'd prefer if there was an option to auto level weapons with the character just so I can enjoy the fun parts.

Still hoping for story DLC this year, but I think we won't be seeing any. Hopefully they put out some substantial DLC.

seems like they fixed around 10,000+ bugs to this point...at this point I'm just waiting for it to hit ~$35...it's never going to be the game most people were expecting from CDPR but it still seems worth playing
This has been my stance on the game for some time. It's really excellent in spite of the quality issues. The basic gameplay is good, although there are massive balance issues. There are more issues I know about that aren't fixed in the patch notes, although CDPR states the 1.3 patch fixes more things not on the list.

I was going to wait for a big DLC drop, but this seems like the most we will get for a little while. Might do a third play.

Dropped around 205 hours, 100% everything, two full plays, had a ton of fun. Was waiting for a new game+ mode, but I could also just start a new game. This patch seems substantial.

I'd say, all things considered, I still got $60 worth of entertainment out of it. Very rarely do I play any game for over 100 hours, and I did 200 on Cyberpunk and I can keep going. So it was worth it for me.

But in terms of what "it was supposed to be" maybe then what is there is only a $40 game. But I am not attached to anything, I just judge the game on what exists, not what might have been.

I was going to wait for a big DLC drop, but this seems like the most we will get for a little while. Might do a third play.

Dropped around 205 hours, 100% everything, two full plays, had a ton of fun. Was waiting for a new game+ mode, but I could also just start a new game. This patch seems substantial.

I'd say, all things considered, I still got $60 worth of entertainment out of it. Very rarely do I play any game for over 100 hours, and I did 200 on Cyberpunk and I can keep going. So it was worth it for me.

But in terms of what "it was supposed to be" maybe then what is there is only a $40 game. But I am not attached to anything, I just judge the game on what exists, not what might have been.
I think I'm about read for a second playthrough. I put in about 100 hours during December/January and haven't touched it since but I really enjoyed it despite the bugs which I quickly got used to and carried on with the story.

Mind you I haven't played Witcher 3 so I wasn't comparing both games piece by piece as I played Cyberpunk. I'm still waiting for the Witcher 3 RTX patch to finally give it a go.

Back