Crysis 2 demo

I won't have my PC until probably Friday. Bummer.

Someone post screenshots!
 
Thanks! Just started downloadingm getting about 1.6MB down 11 minutes to go. Is there a single player demo?
 
Is this one any different from the leaked one earlier? If not then im not gonna bother with this one.
 
Crytek took a lot of cues from Call of Duty with MP, which is kind of a shame. I preferred the more Battlefield-ish power struggle mode. Runs great though with hardcore settings on my comp. Anyone know which DX version the demo is running?
 
Feels a lot like CoD with enchanced graphics. Killstreaks, create a class, perks...its all there.

Main menu with the head bobbing is kind of annoying too.
 
Anyone know how to turn off motion blur? Or how to bring up the console?
 
Almost done now.
I played the Xbox one and I have a very hard time using the controller to aim quickly and accurately.
 
The game runs surprisingly smooth on my 2yr old gaming laptop (Nvidia 9800m GTS). That said, the gameplay is just as appealing as Crysis 1, which isn't that great. Super suits are cool, but not so cool when everyone has them.
 
Its alright. Kinda fun. I could see myself spending maybe four or five hours playing it and then getting sick of it. Pretty good achievement for any competitive MP actually.
 
Apparently auto aim is an option in MP.

Game just went from probably eventually buy, to won't ever buy.
 
Yep, fuck you Crytek.

Played for a while with it off doing pretty well. Then this guy came on and started owning me. Could tell from the death-cam it shows you he had it on, xhair never left the player model. So I turned it on for one round and we went even, and I got the most kills of any round I'd played.

Hopefully there will be servers that force it to be disabled, otherwise this game requires little skill with a mouse, get your xhair in the vicinity and you're locked on target. Pathetic, just pathetic for a game on PC.
 
Come on Crytek, you know better! How could they even let something like that make it past the design phase. Crytek should just stick to engine development and give up on game development.
 
Auto aim? WTFF! Gayzor. Well it looks good but it's just not something that can pull me away from Quake 4.
 
Pre-order canceled. I will pirate this or get it in the $5 bin/steam sale.

The auto-aim really does fuck it. Especially for long range shooting, it eliminates all the recoil, screenshake, trying to hit the head etc. that you need to deal with with it off. Auto-aim got headshots over 50% of the time I locked on someone.
 
Very unimpressed... It felt like an xbox 360 port (which it is...)

1. Auto Aim. WTF.

2. Graphics looked average... everything looked blurry, it wasn't crisp, it felt like I was looking through a dirty window. I'd adjust the graphics settings, but you can't...

3. Performance wise, it was OK. To be fair I was running 2560x1600 but it "felt" like 30fps... there was no fps counter, but it was not buttery smooth. On the other hand, I have a gtx 580 and a 4ghz i7, I'd hope for more than 30ish

4. It felt like they were putting forward a knockoff of call of duty... This game is definitely going to be taken off my must buy immediately list, it's saving grace may be it's single player... but I can't help but think it's multiplayer won't hack it

fail.
 
in an ironic twist of fate, the leak probably built more hype than anything and the demo has seemingly crushed it.
 
Xbox 360 set pc gaming on track to be stunted and really held it back the past half the decade imo. Not a flame, had an Xbox 360, not into consoles anymore, but it's just the truth imo.
 
It's a fact. In their quest for larger profits, developers and publishers have moved to the more profitable realm of consoles, it just so happens that developing for consoles means developing with the lowest common denominator in mind. It sucks, but that's just the way it is. Companies such as Epic and Crytek wouldn't be who they are today if it weren't for PC Gamers. There's just no loyalty.

Anyway, the demo, combined with the videos I saw of the leak, have completely crushed any hopes I had for this game. The Console crowd can have Crytek, at least we have DICE looking after us.
 
It's a fact. In their quest for larger profits, developers and publishers have moved to the more profitable realm of consoles, it just so happens that developing for consoles means developing with the lowest common denominator in mind. It sucks, but that's just the way it is. Companies such as Epic and Crytek wouldn't be who they are today if it weren't for PC Gamers. There's just no loyalty.

Anyway, the demo, combined with the videos I saw of the leak, have completely crushed any hopes I had for this game. The Console crowd can have Crytek, at least we have DICE looking after us.

maybe lol
 
I was rather hoping for a killer single player, there are enough cookie cutter shooters out there. Then again I Ioved Quakeworld portals and strafe jumps more than any of these run around and camp games.
 
I just played about 1.5-2 hours worth. It's definitely fun and a feels refreshing compared to most new FPS on the market. It's a CoD clone in the way of the progression system and unlocks but the feel is unique and almost FEAR eqsue. I'm interested to see what the other guns and suit modes are like.

It's not without it's problems though, if they want to build a nice multiplayer following they should start patching issues now cause in the state it's in, they're gonna have some complaints. Here's some things I would add or change:

  • FOV Slider 90-110
  • Console
  • Disable Auto-Aim Completely
  • Toggle for Aim Down Sights (Currently Hold Only)
  • Sensitivity Formula needs to be changed to increments of 1, or a numerical value ala source instead of 5's. Myself and a few friends all found it hard to get a comfortable sensitivity at anything other than 450dpi
  • Melee needs to buffed (Have to hit someone 2 or 3 times unless from behind)
  • Jumping mechanics could stand to be slightly altered, the tap for jump hold for super-jump thing is cool but there'd be much more grace in the movement if it was changed slightly so you'd have more control when you're in the air

I'm glad I saved the $60 on Bulletstorm so I can put it towards this. This in March, Portal 2 in April, Witcher 2 and Duke in May plus Brink/Hunted being right around the corner. Hot damn. .
 
That's assuming that the PC version of BF3 really is being developed as the primary platform.
Didnt they lie to us about BC2? They said it was primarily for PC, but turned out to be a buggy port, which took a while to patch and fix. Hopefully Demize isnt working on BF3, we all know what a console troll he is when it comes to PC platform and game changes. I remember lots of players reported flares not working on choppers for 3 months, his reply over twatter was that he checked on his xbox360 and the flares were working fine so he slammed the PC crowd with some rubbish "learn to play".
 
Back
Top