ElMoIsEviL
Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2006
- Messages
- 792
The peeps posting here are the guys from NGOHQ.. same freaking IP.
So you ban Terra from joining and continue to spread mis-information about the X-Fi.
Just to be clear on something... only the 2MB cards were affected by this bug. And it was an issue with the nForce4 adressing the memory.
A new Bios on the nForce4 fixed it. Creative went and re-released teh X-Fi with an updated Firmware.
Works fine.. I have an Extreme Music and a Fatal1ty.
I think NGOHQ are crap !!!!!! bastards! It's not journalism at all. Next you'll be telling us to search George W. Bush is the devil in Google and claim it's true since we get about 5.2Million hits. (I don't like him but he's not satan).
NGOHQ = Dog Poop.
Funny I have the same board and used my Xtreme Music in it (before installing my fatal1ty). Worked fine here.
I'm baffled as to why you opted to use 4 sticks of PC3200 memory... that means 2T timings instead of 1T.. that's a dive in performance of 5-9%.
So you ban Terra from joining and continue to spread mis-information about the X-Fi.
Just to be clear on something... only the 2MB cards were affected by this bug. And it was an issue with the nForce4 adressing the memory.
A new Bios on the nForce4 fixed it. Creative went and re-released teh X-Fi with an updated Firmware.
Works fine.. I have an Extreme Music and a Fatal1ty.
I think NGOHQ are crap !!!!!! bastards! It's not journalism at all. Next you'll be telling us to search George W. Bush is the devil in Google and claim it's true since we get about 5.2Million hits. (I don't like him but he's not satan).
NGOHQ = Dog Poop.
CPU:AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice revision DH-E3
MoboFI Lanparty UT Nforce 4 SLI-DR
BIOShoenix Bios 6.00PG, and the DFI bios revision is 2006/04/06
GPU:XFX GeForce 7800GTX (490MHz core/1300MHz memory stock)
memory: 4x 512mb Kingston Value Ram DDR 400 ECC (pass countless hours of memtest)
PCI card:ATI HDTV wonder that functions in either PCI slot regardless of what other PCI card I put in
PSU: Thermaltake Purepower TWV 500 Watt PSU w/Active PFC
Case: Thermaltake Lanfire VM2000
Funny I have the same board and used my Xtreme Music in it (before installing my fatal1ty). Worked fine here.
I'm baffled as to why you opted to use 4 sticks of PC3200 memory... that means 2T timings instead of 1T.. that's a dive in performance of 5-9%.