Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I get keys for like 1.70 USD, I am thinking of buying around 50 keys, just to trade up for a knife.

My middle son's team signed up with Team Liquid. Much bigger and better sponsors!

I've added a few of you guys on here.

My un is few35t and the avatar is Randy from Southpark. Anyone feel free to add me as well.

I'm currently MGE and always looking for
decent non-raging at least semi-serious players to queue up with.

If any of you guys add me, please post on my profile on steam first. I get around 20 to 100 scam request a day.

MLG's first cs go tournament starts today at the winter xgames. First game is fnatic vs liquid.

My brother just had to quit freakazoids team back in the day. We could be going to the X Games :(:(:(. Good luck to all teams though.

Does anyone play this game just casually?

I did a short clanning stint once, and didn't much enjoy it. Games - to me - should always just be fun.

Most of my good experiences with online games have been in tightly knit public servers full of regulars who are there for fun.

I feel like the "matchmaking" aspect of GO, kills a little bit of this. Sure you can still go to community servers and choose the one you want, but it is no longer forced, so they arent as busy as they used to be, now that most people just autojoin a game based on match making.

it is a pity.

Son left for the xgames yesterday on short notice.
They played the top team in the world but lost. Hope
they do better next game.

Zarathustra[H];1041380139 said:
Does anyone play this game just casually?

I did a short clanning stint once, and didn't much enjoy it. Games - to me - should always just be fun.

Most of my good experiences with online games have been in tightly knit public servers full of regulars who are there for fun.

I feel like the "matchmaking" aspect of GO, kills a little bit of this. Sure you can still go to community servers and choose the one you want, but it is no longer forced, so they arent as busy as they used to be, now that most people just autojoin a game based on match making.

it is a pity.

A lot of people play casually, but it is a very competitive game so it will naturally attract those who are competitive, such as myself. Competitiveness is fun for me, when I jump in a casual I can't pickup a shotgun and mess around because I will die to fast and I just want to play, so I try and make sure I wipe out at least 50% of the team before I go down each round. I play other games to relax and have fun.

Yeah, I saw part of the stream, fnatic is insane, bunk deal that was their first match.

A lot of people play casually, but it is a very competitive game so it will naturally attract those who are competitive, such as myself. Competitiveness is fun for me, when I jump in a casual I can't pickup a shotgun and mess around because I will die to fast and I just want to play, so I try and make sure I wipe out at least 50% of the team before I go down each round. I play other games to relax and have fun.

ha,

I've been playing CS since it first came out in '99, and I've had my rounds in the past where I have taken out half to whole the opposing team, but I was never good enough to do it repeatedly.

These days I'm absolute garbage. I can barely break even on a pub. But then again, I haven't played this or any other multiplayer FPS in years so my reflexes are off, and I haven't fully learned GO yet.

Kind of looking for that nice pub with regulars to chill in. (the pub abbreviation is strangely appropriate here).

We should have a [H] server!

My problem is tactics. I can join a pub and destroy, but as soon as get on comp I get destroyed. Not because of aiming, but because I have bad habits from pubbing all the time. I am slowly breaking away from them, but it is still hard going.

Zarathustra[H];1041380420 said:
ha,

I've been playing CS since it first came out in '99, and I've had my rounds in the past where I have taken out half to whole the opposing team, but I was never good enough to do it repeatedly.

These days I'm absolute garbage. I can barely break even on a pub. But then again, I haven't played this or any other multiplayer FPS in years so my reflexes are off, and I haven't fully learned GO yet.

Kind of looking for that nice pub with regulars to chill in. (the pub abbreviation is strangely appropriate here).

We should have a [H] server!

I think BravO used to host one actually, played there once or twice. Maybe he is still hosting one :p.

My problem is tactics. I can join a pub and destroy, but as soon as get on comp I get destroyed. Not because of aiming, but because I have bad habits from pubbing all the time. I am slowly breaking away from them, but it is still hard going.

Match making sucks, VAC isn't good enough, neither is overwatch. Only place to truely play competitive is ESEA. Even though their anti cheat is garbage now, it does a lot better than VAC and people who do cheat at least try and hide it best they can otherwise they will get manually banned if suspected.

How did your boy do? I saw they won a game, but was unable to watch the match?

How did your boy do? I saw they won a game, but was unable to watch the match?

He did good! He got the most frags and also the most deaths. :) They won 16 to 5.

The first match I guess his mouse wasn't working right, although they still would of lost, it might not have been so bad had he brought an extra mouse!!!
Luckily one of his teammates had an extra mouse. Next time he will be bringing a backup!

Where do you buy keys for CS:GO for $1.70? Are they gray-market keys? The lowest I have seen it recently is $7.49. I don't think Valve will ever drop the price to $3.74 again due to the influx of cheaters that buy up the game when it becomes that cheap.

Where do you buy keys for CS:GO for $1.70? Are they gray-market keys? The lowest I have seen it recently is $7.49. I don't think Valve will ever drop the price to $3.74 again due to the influx of cheaters that buy up the game when it becomes that cheap.

I believe they were referring to case keys rather than game keys.

I have a ton of crates I'm never going to open if anyone wants to trade for guns pm me.

I've worked my way up to Gold Nova 3 after playing for a couple weeks. It is so much more enjoyable now that there aren't retard silver players every game. I only get matched with Nova 1s to Nova 4s now. There are a lot less total idiots ruining games now, and most matches are actually fairly competitive.

Zarathustra[H];1041382441 said:
Please bear with me as I am a CS veteran who is new to GO.

What purpose do "guns" and "boxes" serve? Is it just for the skins on the guns?
Think of it as like digital trading cards. And yes boxes are used to get the skins, but you have to have a key to unlock them. I trade with them and sell them.
I've worked my way up to Gold Nova 3 after playing for a couple weeks. It is so much more enjoyable now that there aren't retard silver players every game. I only get matched with Nova 1s to Nova 4s now. There are a lot less total idiots ruining games now, and most matches are actually fairly competitive.
I don't know if I have been sucking, or a shitty team, but it seems the smurfs are fucking me over atm.

The only gun I remotely good with is the M4A4-S, all others I suck more than I do with that gun.

Also, I don't get how good some people are with just head shots with any fucking gun, and I can't kill anyone, LMAO.

The only gun I remotely good with is the M4A4-S, all others I suck more than I do with that gun.

Also, I don't get how good some people are with just head shots with any fucking gun, and I can't kill anyone, LMAO.

Takes time and understanding how the mechanics work.

Practice, practice, practice. Back when I had time to play 4+ hours per day I was up to whatever double AK rank is.

Now, I'm like Nova 1 or 2.

Somebody posted this a while back and I think its a good start for new players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHvRe6-VkM

The guns have been changed and balanced a bit since this video but it gives you a good starting ground for learning how to shoot in CSGO. The important thing I think at least is finding a pistol that suits you. A lot of the games critical moments will be in save rounds and what not. Pistols are super important in CSGO. I think the P250 is still the most balanced gun at the moment, but once you get better at the game you should learn to use the deagle and CZauto. Play T as much as possible and master the AK if you're mainly playing in pubs. Work your way through all the guns from there. Understanding how each one works is monument. After the AK practice with the scout. Its helps you understand the awp, distance shooting and it also pisses people off when you clutch a pub round with only a p250 and a scout. Make sure once you get good with those two you change your name to something atrocious like OBAMBINYOURFACE! or my_other_sack_has_crabs.

Speaking of headshots the big mistake most people make is walking around with your gun point anywhere but eye level. Always be looking eye level and follow corners. That way when your gut reaction is to fire youll already be aiming in the most likely to hit spot.

Map practice wise I really like "Workout" I think its called. Its a newer map but its built similar to a basic training range for sharp shooters I've practiced with irl. It has long clean areas without obstructions so you can just get good with guns. Office & Dust_2 are good too for just practicing aiming.

Last edited:
I don't know if I have been sucking, or a shitty team, but it seems the smurfs are fucking me over atm.

THIS so much this. I hadn't played for 4-6 months was @ nova 3 I come back and fall to nova 1 and its nothing but smurf accounts and people that quit out halfway through a match. 4 games in a row where I was on a botted team. This is with in the first 3 rounds too. so its not like we are getting trashed and someone just leaves. Then I joined 2 jokers who only wanted to use Deagles the entire match... I'm thinking of retiring for another 6 months and hoping the crowd improves.

Just practice with the AK in a DM. It's much more temperamental, if you can shoot it well then you can use anything.

Also if at any point your cross hair is aimed at the ground, you're doing something wrong. Keep it level at head height.

Thanks guys, I just need more practice.

I'm more addicted to opening the cases, I guess it's because I'm a pretty big blackjack player and I feel it's like gambling.

Well, I've been playing GO for about a week now, after not having played since Source.

Many things are much improved, but I feel like it has ruined the aspect of CS I really loved.

The auto server joining matchmaking thing sure makes it easy to join a server, but it has downsides too. Because it is so easy, noone is forced to go to community servers anymore, leaving many of them empty a lot of the time.

The part of CS I loved was just having a regular pub server (sort of like a regular bar) where you could always log in and the people you know would be playing. Because everyone just auto joins valves servers these days, there aren't enough people to keep these servers alive when the regulars aren't on, so they just stay empty, because if one or two regulars join there aren't enough people to play.

This is too bad.

It feels kind of hollow and lacking in community to just play with randoms every time I play...

Been running into a LOT of games lately with smurfing accounts and Bravo)))) can attest to this, a few hackers as well. Was finally moving up the ranks, hit Silver Elite the other day (I know I am low rank) and than hit smurfs and a hacker a few games in a row, back down to silver 4 at the moment. Not totally happy cause I feel I am starting to play a lot better but keep getting forced down by crappy pub teams and opponent teams with smurfs.

yeah,

So 30 hours in to this game, and I'm liking it less and less.

Been playing CS since the very beginning. Thousands upon thousands of hours of 1.6 and pre 1.6 played throughout college when I ran some of the most popular public pubs at the time, and a thousand or so hours in source after that in source.

Been essentially playing CS since 1999 with a 5 year break from ~2005 to 2010, and then another two year break from 2012 to 2015.

So 30 hours into CS GO it still has everything i disliked about the original game, while adding things that drive me insane, and ruining the nostalgia feel I was going for.

How they could have made a perfect next gen CS game:
  • Upgrade graphics more. Require at least a $200 GPU to play at 1080. this 2012 refresh feels like a 2005 title. I know why they did it though. Going all "lowest common denominator" from a hardware perspective results in more players and more DLC revenue... Thanks for selling out valve.
  • Keep all lines of sight and protected spots in maps 100% identical in their GO versions. Don't mess things up by changing them.
  • Keep all guns the same as in 1.6. There is no need to change names, remove guns, or add new ones. Everything was perfect as it was. Guns reached their pinnacle right before they added the Galil and Famas.
  • No official servers. Part of what made the original great was the community aspect of it. When players aren't forced to join community servers, but instead can just have a "join game" button, it ruins a large part of the community feeling.
  • DLC ruins everything. This isn't fucking Call of Duty. Customizing your weapons like a tool just distracts from the core of the game. I wish Valve hadn't sold out here. I hate having to look at custom skins carried by other players, seeing them on the ground, and being told which ridiculously colored gun I was killed with. That an all the tools constantly talking about trading and getting retarded "rare" items ruins the gaming experience. I seriously question the intellect of anyone who would buy an in-game item.
  • 16 years later, and they still haven't fixed hacking. This is probably the most important. Valve, you had one job...
  • Also, this is 2015. We are a more enlightened and tolerant people. More policing of hate speech would have been appropriate, like allowing players to report others, and recording of all text and voice chat for later review, and if anything is discovered perm banning the steamid.

I have tried to like this game for old times sake, but I just can't.

And even with the fact that I hate the experience, it is still so damned addictive.

Wish I could get my $14.99 back and not have this in my inventory.

I find it a lot like smoking was before I quit. The drag to play it is strong, but then when I do, I remember why I hate it so much.

No offense, but you sound like all the other whiners on there that are like, "I've played since 1.3 and this sucks".

I'm personally glad they redid some of the maps, train especially. I don't wanna keep playing the same game a decade later with the same guns.

There are plenty of custom servers hosted by the community. No they are not as popular as the official ones (on the whole). I used to love the community servers but the community is not what it was and I hate spending 5 minutes downloading 600 mod files to find the server is trash.

I like the weapons. I like the maps, I like the game. I hate the hacking, There are some odd moments when weapons don't seem to register hits that should land even when kick back is not an issue (point blank). My largest gripe is they locked off parts of the map. I know that they dont want players getting into the skybox or something but there are plenty of in map area's that you used to be able to walk into, crouch into or jump crouch on and still be in plane site, just more covered. I miss those. Some of the blocks make no sense either but oh well.

I enjoy the game, granted at first Source was still much more popular and while I think I still like Source more Go has been a lot of fun, once they fixed it up. At launch it was a little rough.

What I want most of all is for them to bring back all the maps that they removed over the years. And the AS game mode. That was fun.

I'm personally glad they redid some of the maps, train especially. I don't wanna keep playing the same game a decade later with the same guns.

Oh, come on. The only reason to still be playing this game is for the nostalgia, and they ruined that by changing too much.

Zarathustra[H];1041414679 said:
Oh, come on. The only reason to still be playing this game is for the nostalgia, and they ruined that by changing too much.

If you are playing this for nostalgia, you are doing it wrong. This game was made with competitive nature in mind, not some other run and gun shooter. The game has over 5 million registered users and is growing in popularity greatly. The pro scene is growing greatly as well. Xgames, dreamhack, ESL,... This game isn't really a casual game. Even casual is competitive. And 30 hours isn't much to learn anything to what the game brings. Watch a couple of pro matches and you will understand a lot more and it will help with tactics on any game.

Back