• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Zarathustra[H];1037680744 said:
I'm not opposed to being a Grammar Nazi, but the above is more a matter of logical sentence structure and comprehensibility, than it is of grammar. :p

I guess its just the western PA in me. In these parts "Care less" is common speak lol. (now im just screwing with you) Back on topic though.

I am curious if more footage is going to be released during PAX. Does anybody know if the footage we have seen so far has been console footage or PC?
 
The "care less" part wasn't the problem. :)

I'm not surprised by those complaining about the molotov (because CS players always bitch about any change), but to me that looks like the best change. Could really be handy tactically. That said, there needs to be a limit I think on how many a team can buy, or like suggested have an effective counter measure. Otherwise it could be too much of an advantage for the defending team on maps like office.
 
The "care less" part wasn't the problem. :)

I'm not surprised by those complaining about the molotov (because CS players always bitch about any change), but to me that looks like the best change. Could really be handy tactically. That said, there needs to be a limit I think on how many a team can buy, or like suggested have an effective counter measure. Otherwise it could be too much of an advantage for the defending team on maps like office.

imagine a 32 player office with 16 molotov on CT.... spam the hell out of the projector room.... It's GG....
 
imagine a 32 player office with 16 molotov on CT.... spam the hell out of the projector room.... It's GG....

32 player office is too crowded anyway...


Once you get over 10v10 it really starts getting too crowded to be fun.

5v5 for competition is fine... I found back when I was running my servers that games were the most fun when there were ~8v8 people on them.
 
I'll buy it but I'm not sure how I feel about the videos I just watched.

The sounds...eh...not as good. It sounds like DoD:S sounds. The AK doesn't sound right.

The molotov could be interesting but ultimately annoying, should be good.

The map changes are ugly. I don't understand the textures they went with, it seems as though they are trying to make this game look more like call of duty.
 
this games going to be a CS:S replacement, and it will be better than it, which is not a hard thing to do.

I wish they would give us 1.6 players something to replace 1.6 with that will bring in more sponsors for the professional scene.
 
hostages would die... if the t's stand near the hostages

it still count as CT win if you rescue the other 2 hostage in the T Spawn..

and who care if hostage die..? all T are dead... thats auto win right there..
 
it still count as CT win if you rescue the other 2 hostage in the T Spawn..

and who care if hostage die..? all T are dead... thats auto win right there..

morally i can't allow that... :/

besides i usually enjoy having all the hostages follow you and use them as meatshields :)
 
so far i can tell is they are improving graphics somewhat and consolized the crap out of cs.

also they are adding cheats for the noobs. If a person sucks they will auto get some aimbot to help them aim and takes less damage per shot.
 
also they are adding cheats for the noobs. If a person sucks they will auto get some aimbot to help them aim and takes less damage per shot.

Wtf? Where did you see that? I'm assuming, if this is even true, this would be server-wide and only in the bottom tier "noob" servers run by Valve?
 
Grenade movement still looks very clunky. You'd think they could have improved this by now but I guess it's a permanent problem with Source + online.

it's intentional

the physics engine is completely functional online
 
I'll buy it but I'm not sure how I feel about the videos I just watched.

The sounds...eh...not as good. It sounds like DoD:S sounds. The AK doesn't sound right.

The molotov could be interesting but ultimately annoying, should be good.

The map changes are ugly. I don't understand the textures they went with, it seems as though they are trying to make this game look more like call of duty.

I think it looks good, but remember, it is preliminary.

It is not even in beta yet. A lot of things will likely change in the next several months before release. If it looks like they reused models/textures/etc. there's probably a good reason for that. They probably did, in order to get a playable alpha functioning, and then they plan on updating and fixing as needed before the beta.
 
now i wonder which steam users will get invited to part take in the beta :D

i call ss dibs :eek:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctgUbr5aza8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoekcbeSew

short gameplay vid, looks pretty disappointing, and the ak sound,wtf have they done to it!

So far, it looks like an updated CS:S. Nothing really looks all that different in the way it behaves. The graphics look different, the models are different (looking pretty good so far), etc, but it still looks like it will play very similarly to CS:S, which I like. I kind of like the way it looks, but the graphics look a bit cartoon-ish. Hopefully that changes before release.
 
Any guesses about the price at release?

If its Free Bobby Koticks Head would explode. I would enjoy seeing that.

I would like it to be 20$ which is the standard CS and CSS release prices. TF2 was 29.99, but with Valve who knows. I really would not be surprised if it's F2P.


So far, it looks like an updated CS:S. Nothing really looks all that different in the way it behaves. The graphics look different, the models are different (looking pretty good so far), etc, but it still looks like it will play very similarly to CS:S, which I like. I kind of like the way it looks, but the graphics look a bit cartoon-ish. Hopefully that changes before release.


Judging from the gameplay videos the maps look more CS 1.6 size which is an interesting choice on Valves part.
 
I hope they put iron sights/"aim down sights" like most modern shooters, I'm sure most CS purists would hate that though.
 
pass. This is CS not CoD

I totally agree with this. I also love in this game you don't have the ranking system so everyone gets a fair shake at the same weapons. The obvious advantage is to win the pistol round and get the leg up...
 
I swear, this game doesn't seem right... I've played CS for over 10 years, and it doesn't look very CS-y. As in there is too much arms/hands/wrists shown in the guns. I swear if they have the rotating menu, I will flip shit. It's ugly and unnecessary.
 
I swear, this game doesn't seem right... I've played CS for over 10 years, and it doesn't look very CS-y. As in there is too much arms/hands/wrists shown in the guns. I swear if they have the rotating menu, I will flip shit. It's ugly and unnecessary.

b43 b82 b14 ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

who even uses the menu? :p
 
LOL.... looks like I am not alone on this one...

I used to be able to buy an M4, Deagle, full armor, ammo, grenades and flash bangs, in about 2 seconds. I was fast and knew everything. I RARELY used the "buy previous config" selection.

I'm still kinda bitter when they changed the equipment menu button from 8 to 6...
 
I swear, this game doesn't seem right... I've played CS for over 10 years, and it doesn't look very CS-y. As in there is too much arms/hands/wrists shown in the guns. I swear if they have the rotating menu, I will flip shit. It's ugly and unnecessary.

I agree. It looks more "Arcade" like..
 
I swear, this game doesn't seem right... I've played CS for over 10 years, and it doesn't look very CS-y. As in there is too much arms/hands/wrists shown in the guns. I swear if they have the rotating menu, I will flip shit. It's ugly and unnecessary.

They took it right from the Original Xbox (2004) version of counter strike (1.6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkzRH_o2E80
 
Last edited:
Back
Top