• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

There was no scripting. You just pull out a pistol. It takes the same amount of time as normally pulling out a pistol. Why is that a problem?

My bad. If all that is being done is switching weapons right after firing, without any scripting, then I don't have a problem with it.

I'm pretty fast on the keyboard though and I have not been able to replicate that.

Either way it appears - and I am not certain if it actually is - faster than the time it normally takes to switch between weapons.
 
Zarathustra[H];1037660724 said:
My bad. If all that is being done is switching weapons right after firing, without any scripting, then I don't have a problem with it.

I'm pretty fast on the keyboard though and I have not been able to replicate that.

Either way it appears - and I am not certain if it actually is - faster than the time it normally takes to switch between weapons.

to clarify, it does not speed up the process whatsoever. It is exactly the same time.
 
via OCN

An hour with CS:GO

http://kotaku.com/5834542/

On PC and Mac, Counter-Strike: GO players can expect the standard options you get with a Steam game and any of the control options you would have with a computer. On the Xbox 360, players will use a game pad. On the PS3, players can use the game controller, the PlayStation Move motion controller or even a mouse and keyboard. PS3, Mac and PC players will be match-made against each other, clumped by skill, regardless of input device or platform. (Valve didn't demonstrate the PS3-PC.Mac cross-play to me today, but they confirmed that that enticing bit of networking is something they are striving to include in the game.)
 
via OCN

An hour with CS:GO

http://kotaku.com/5834542/

Another map, Nuke, has had some of its dead space removed, Valve's project lead on CS: GO, Ido Magal, told me. Areas where RETARDED players would get lost have been tightened.

not amused

Players like me can cheer for the game's new Casual mode. In it, money is no object and players can buy weapons for each round without worrying about cost.

We already have this. I am not enjoying this article.
 
not amused



We already have this. I am not enjoying this article.

Where is there dead space in Nuke? Its a tiny map, and pretty much all of it is used.

They really shouldn't mess with the map layouts. That's bordering on cardinal sin.


That being said, I'm impressed by the graphics. The game has been in desperate need of a graphical face lift.

I don't know why they had to go and create presets like "casual mode" and "competetive mode". The fact that CS has been tweakable has been part of its success. Forcing it into one setting or another will reduce its appeal.

Removing the money aspect of the game is just plain stupid. Why would anyone pick an mp5, if they don't have to? It makes the game less interesting, and besides, there are already (retarded) 16k mods that accomplish this...
 
I still play CS Source, but some of these changes have me baffled. Seems like they are trying to fix what just aint broke.
 
They "updated" the game? The game looks like garbage compared to source, wtf? The gun models/animations are garbage!
 
Zarathustra[H];1037678792 said:
Where is there dead space in Nuke? Its a tiny map, and pretty much all of it is used.

They really shouldn't mess with the map layouts. That's bordering on cardinal sin.


That being said, I'm impressed by the graphics. The game has been in desperate need of a graphical face lift.

I don't know why they had to go and create presets like "casual mode" and "competetive mode". The fact that CS has been tweakable has been part of its success. Forcing it into one setting or another will reduce its appeal.

Removing the money aspect of the game is just plain stupid. Why would anyone pick an mp5, if they don't have to? It makes the game less interesting, and besides, there are already (retarded) 16k mods that accomplish this...

I'll back up a little here. The article indicates this stuff is all vanilla on Valve official servers. He says User/Clan hosted servers can do whatever they want so far as to keep everything the same as source essentially but use the new engine.

Valve is pushing the idea that you can segregate the nubs on official servers. Thats not a bad idea. I remember ye old 33tick CSS being a hellish nightmare mix of nubs and elites. Thats one thing Im struggling with on AVA. You get 10 nub levels where you have the option to only play on level 10 and under servers, but after that you're thrown to the wolves. Korean psychos and Brazilian hackers specifically. I admit to liking this idea of having the choice to go play my level or just random pub it.
 
Zarathustra[H];1037678792 said:
Where is there dead space in Nuke? Its a tiny map, and pretty much all of it is used.

They are probably talking about the garage and a lot of the lower floor. And from the screenshots this looks a lot like it's just CS:S with new models and textures. I wonder if they'll even integrate aim down sights?
 
Game looks alright... haven't played CS since 1.6 might give this a try if reviews are good
 
Grenade movement still looks very clunky. You'd think they could have improved this by now but I guess it's a permanent problem with Source + online.
 
I don't get why they keep changing the gameplay (1.6 -> Source, Source -> GO) when the gameplay is already perfect. Update the graphics and the interface, sure, but don't change what makes the game great.
 
Hmm looks better than source, not sure what everyone else is seeing. Iron sights just aren't CS...don't see it happening. And as for the "no money" servers, how many servers now have mods that start you with $16k each round right now? Same difference.

As for the change, CS has always been about change and updating itself. Every single change, throughout the betas to 1.3 > 1.5 > 1.6, etc, people complained. It's part of what has kept the game relevant, although it hasn't been updated nearly as much the past few years.
 
This might be the first Valve game that I wont buy...wtf is this shit.

I have the same exact feeling..

---------------------

Aside from the terrible animation..

Why putting in molotov into the game? This is NOT L4D.. This is CS....

This somehow remind me of that stupid shield they added in 1.6/CZ....but far worse..


And what in the world is that interface? It's..... really crappy...

The Gun Model is a lot worse than CSS, the sound is just like CoD for some reason...
It doesn't have the impact feeling at all... It's like shooting a paintball gun...
 
Really needs a new engine and graphics, too bad Valve is just milking the Source engine dry, though that trailer looks alright, and too bad its focused on consoles, which is an epic fail.
 
of dear oh dear thats all I can say about this. Why remake a remake of a remake?

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY, TRY AGAIN. and again and again until CS2 comes out and then start the trying all over again.
 
As for the change, CS has always been about change and updating itself. Every single change, throughout the betas to 1.3 > 1.5 > 1.6, etc, people complained. It's part of what has kept the game relevant, although it hasn't been updated nearly as much the past few years.

This I agree with. For a while there there were major weapon balance, map tweak and even new feature changes between each release.

I have no problem with the graphics refresh. The "removing dead space where players get lost" concerns me a little, because I don't want the maps to just turn into corridors that lead you to bomb sites.

As long as server side settings still exist so that each variable can be changed as desired, I don't see the casual vs. competitive mode thing being an issue, though it does have a dumbed down, over-simplified console-junk feel to it.

As I see it, (or at least as I am hoping) is that the lowest common denominator settings they are parading are just the defaults, and servers can tweak them server side just as they do now.
 
Overall it looks better, but those weapon models are pretty bad compared to other source games. I am sure the game will be fun though.
 
I don't get why they keep changing the gameplay (1.6 -> Source, Source -> GO) when the gameplay is already perfect. Update the graphics and the interface, sure, but don't change what makes the game great.

Agreed.

It's like the previous people in this thread are talking about something completely different...

Aztec anyone?


CS-GO: DE_Aztec by mattlach, on Flickr

Or Dust?


CS:S vs CS:GO DE_DUST by mattlach, on Flickr

Huge improvements. Night and day. CS:GO looks modern.


Sure the gun models aren't perfect, but its an alpha test for crying out loud. There will be lots of improvements before release.

IMHO, even with lower end gun models this is a huge improvement over CS:S
 
The mass carnage is going to be unbelievable when you have all these consoles players coming in there and they run up against these long time CS junkies who are practically IV'd to their mice and keyboards. I really can't believe this thing is going to be wide open cross platform.

I can already hear the wailing and crying.

It's going to be sweet. :D
 
Zarathustra[H];1037678792 said:
Where is there dead space in Nuke? Its a tiny map, and pretty much all of it is used.

They really shouldn't mess with the map layouts. That's bordering on cardinal sin.


That being said, I'm impressed by the graphics. The game has been in desperate need of a graphical face lift.

I don't know why they had to go and create presets like "casual mode" and "competetive mode". The fact that CS has been tweakable has been part of its success. Forcing it into one setting or another will reduce its appeal.

Removing the money aspect of the game is just plain stupid. Why would anyone pick an mp5, if they don't have to? It makes the game less interesting, and besides, there are already (retarded) 16k mods that accomplish this...
I assume they're talking about the second underground missile room.

As long as there's outside map support, I'll be happy. Valve sometimes makes shitty maps, but they did make a lot of gems as well. I can't fault them too much for that (unlike Blizzard.)


They are probably talking about the garage and a lot of the lower floor. And from the screenshots this looks a lot like it's just CS:S with new models and textures. I wonder if they'll even integrate aim down sights?
The garage and most of downstairs are still pretty crucial.

I don't like the new crosshair but I assume that can be changed, and they're still tweaking the netcode and recoil, so it's too early to judge that. The nade physics is a good point though. The way nades bounced and moved in 1.6 may not have been realistic, but it added a lot of tactical depth that I think CSS was missing.
 
Zarathustra[H];1037680092 said:
Agreed.

It's like the previous people in this thread are talking about something completely different...

Aztec anyone?

Or Dust?

Huge improvements. Night and day. CS:GO looks modern.


Sure the gun models aren't perfect, but its an alpha test for crying out loud. There will be lots of improvements before release.

IMHO, even with lower end gun models this is a huge improvement over CS:S
CS:GO might look more modern but honestly, that's not what I want from the game. CS has a lot more in common with Quake or any other deathmatch than it does with any modern shooter, because the graphics are clean and targets are always distinguishable. Not saying they're going the MW route just yet, but the gameplay completely changes when players/models become too camouflaged. I guess one thing to aid that is that you always know where the enemy is coming from (unlike MW) but still, among the physical abilities it can test, I don't want eyesight to be one of them.

EDIT: And to clarify what I mean above, different games require different physical traits just like any sport would. CS/Quake depend mostly on reaction time and aiming, whereas MW requires really good vision.
 
so far i haven't seen an indication that will easily allow you to tell who's on what team... you have to pay attention to the skins... hopefully ct and t's skins will be different at least enough like the previous ones....

i take it back... and these skins will probably change....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN93xXfews4

Im not feeling the cross hair... i need my original green cross for a cross hair... i also hope the game will be largely customizable with configs...

the molotav seems like a great addition... i can only imagine "firesuits" as an equipment purchase to reduce dmg etc...

i do not like the item purchasing interface... that stupid wheel design is horrifying.... i hope there's an option to change it back to the original buy menu style... or at least numbered shortcuts to traverse through the menu... otherwise you can see me spending 1-2 minutes just buying everything I need to ... lol

it seems console players can only do maximum 5v5 online?? oh well...ill be playing on pc anyways

also seems to be a ranking system for individual players... gotta get your pug scores up boys...

YELLOW TREE?
 
CS:GO might look more modern but honestly, that's not what I want from the game. CS has a lot more in common with Quake or any other deathmatch than it does with any modern shooter, because the graphics are clean and targets are always distinguishable. Not saying they're going the MW route just yet, but the gameplay completely changes when players/models become too camouflaged. I guess one thing to aid that is that you always know where the enemy is coming from (unlike MW) but still, among the physical abilities it can test, I don't want eyesight to be one of them.

EDIT: And to clarify what I mean above, different games require different physical traits just like any sport would. CS/Quake depend mostly on reaction time and aiming, whereas MW requires really good vision.

I agree with this
 
It's all about the gameplay for me as well. That's going to dictate whether I purchase this or not.
 
The only thing I see in those screenshots is some high res texturing and not much else in the way of real graphical improvements.
 
Im not sure what everyone was expecting. We all know what the source engines looks like, is capable of, and plays like. From what i have seen so far i think its looking pretty good. The animations need some work obviously and some of the models are better than others, but this is alpha stage, and at this point i think its looking good.

I honestly could care less about cross platform and all that i think that will have very little impact on if this game is a success or not. what matters with CS has never changed. Game play and the focus for competitive play. If Valve holds true to CS game play while adding new maps, modes, weapons, and features then i cant complain. Also if Valves can incorporate some of the competitive features directly into the game then we may finally see a counter strike that the entire community can get behind.
 
Im not sure what everyone was expecting. We all know what the source engines looks like, is capable of, and plays like. From what i have seen so far i think its looking pretty good. The animations need some work obviously and some of the models are better than others, but this is alpha stage, and at this point i think its looking good.

I honestly could care less about cross platform and all that i think that will have very little impact on if this game is a success or not.

So you could care less? What do you care less about? :p
 
WOW I am so excited for this!! This game was the reason I got into Computer Hardware!
 
Back
Top