Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Heck yes. Liquid cooling is far superior to air cooling in terms of heat transfer, space savings and noise.
2. I would definitely be interested. But it would come down to price and performance vs. its air cooled equivalent.

1. No.

2. Maybe. I'm a hands-on kinda guy and I like to build things myself when I can, but still being new to liquid cooling I'd consider tools that help get me there.

1. I do not currently liquid cool my GPU, but did previously when I was using a GTX 580
2. I would consider purchasing one pre- installed only if the cost difference was minimal over the individual components and if the warrant was better (or kept valid) vs some manufacturers not warrantying modified parts..

1. Yes.
  2. Probably not, as I would want the option to go back to an air cooler if I migrate the GPU to an incompatible case.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

1. Yes, it would go with my current H80i.

2. No*. Depends. I'd prefer a general 'fit all' liquid cooler (I could hopefully use it for future builds), but if a preinstalled cool offered much improved performance over a 'fit all' cooler, I'd be tempted to purchase that.

1. Absolutely! I use Corsair closed-loop systems now in two machines and love them.

2. Perhaps, if the price was right. I don't have many qualms about installing it myself, either, though I might be worried about affecting the GPU warranty.

1. Always air-cooled my cars, outside of a custom loop on a 290x about a year back. I would definitely try out the Corsair system.

2. I'm a tinkerer, so it'd be great to try installing myself, but pre-installed isn't necessarily a turn-off either. Would rather see how easy/difficult this is to install for myself.

1. I would absolutely consider the Corsair Hydro Series to liquid cool my 980ti.

2. I would consider a pre-installed liquid cooler for my gpu, but only if the solution was not more than $50 over reference cost and provided good VRM cooling. Pre-installed is a nice option as it does not hinder the manufacturer warranty and is low install effort.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

I don't currently liquid cool my GPUs but it is something I have been wanting to do for a very long time.

I find that the GPU typically runs hotter with more noise than a standard air cooled CPU setup so I feel that watercooling benefits the gpu more than the cpu in your typical users workload.

Most recently I was considering modifying an all-in-one cooler for GPU usage DIY style but I bought a second card for SLI and that would have entailed buying another all in one system and having three total in my case!

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

I am interested in VGA cards with pre-installed liquid cooling as that type of product is always interesting to me. I like seeing what the various companies come up with and how well they can pull it off.

On the other hand I've always been into building stuff myself so being able to install blocks to add the card into a loop or installing a gpu mounting bracket and an all in one cooler is very satisfying and ultimately more preferable. :cool:

1. No I don't currently own any liquid cooled video cards but in Actuality I have been waiting MONTHS for this thing to come out!!! I have a Titan X and would loooove to push it as much as possible but keep it silent! It took me forever to pay this thing off and I want to make sure it lasts a very long time, but even at stock speeds I have seen liquid cooling greatly benefit many cards.

2. To be honest.. it all depends. If everything is setup right, and the performance is there... yes, I'd buy a pre-liquid cooled card. But I find too often that pre-made things tend to not fit exactly what I need which is why the allure of this solution is so great for me.

1. Yes, I like a quiet case and my keeping my GPU cool is one of the biggest contribtutors to noise
2. Yes, I have installed custom cooling solutions before (never liquid though)

1. yes, I would consider it if my card ran hotter than it does.
2. preinstalled over installing it myself. Less work, plus no warranty trouble.

1. No I don't currently, but yes I would. Never knew this was a thing. I love my current Corsair CPU cooler so I'm sure the bracket for them would be equally as easy and good.

2. Shit ya I would, less time involved with builds. Older age makes me less interested in spending hours and hours of time with builds. Just make it work and I'm happy.

1. Yes
2. Completely depends on the price/quality of the corresponding coolers, and the performance gains either one would give against their cost.

1. I would absolutely consider it.
2. I would prefer to buy it separate and install it because if/when I resell my card the regular air cooler is more compatible with various setups.

1. Owned a corsiar kit and it just died, running the stock heatsink atm till I figure out whats next.

2. Would prefer to install myself. due to size ect buying a pre made liquid cooled could prove to be a huge head ache.

1. I already have liquid cooling on one of my two GTX 780ti's

2. No, I enjoy tinkering with computers and get satifaction out of doing it myself. It makes a good weekend project :D

1: Yes, I already use a H50 on my i7.

2: Yes, I find watercooling offers several advantages that outweight their disadvantages and turnkey solutions which require less maintenance have even fewer disadvantages to custom builds.

1. I have two a h50 on a amd setup and a h100 on an intel setup love both.
2. Yes if I could afford it.

1. I do not currently run a liquid cooled gpu. I would definitely consider running Corsair's solution, as my h100i has made a tremendous improvement for my cpu.

2. Yes, for better performance and overclocking.

1. Yes i would consider it as long as it was not over priced.
2. Yes it would come with a warranty which would be a big plus.

1. Yes. I have owned and currently own numerous Corsair products. I am always pleased with Corsair's products.

2. No. A liquid cooler would add significant cost to an already expensive video card. Also the consumer may not place as much value on the cooler if it were designed around a specific video card instead of having a "universal fit" like most aftermarket coolers. The main advantage to a preinstalled cooler would be that the factory warranty would still apply, but that's not enough to sway my opinion.

1. Yes, I would consider it as long as it's priced accordingly.

2. Yes, because it would come with a warranty, better cooling, and performance.

1. Yes, I'd love to liquid cool my gpu

2. No, I'd prefer to mod my card myself by installing a liquid cooler of my choosing.

Last edited:
1)As long as I bought a card whose warranty isn't voided by changing the cooler I would consider it.

2)If it is a good cooler and doesn't cost much more than installing it myself, yeah I would buy that because less likelihood of bricking my card, and easier to RMA if something is wrong.

1. I don't have anything water cooler. But I would consider it.
2. I would buy water cooler if it was only a little more than stock. Don't want to worry about testing for leaks.

1. I already use a Corsair H100i cooler for my CPU so using a GPU cooler by Corsair is a no brainer
2. I am a hands on kinda guy so rather install Corsair's cooler rather than buy a card preinstalled.

1. I have liquid cooled video cards before, but usually they are blocks added to custom loops.

2. I would rather buy a video card without a liquid cooler and add one afterwards. This usually adds a lot more flexibility.

1. Yes, I have always been scared to OC my GPU's much because of lack of cooling. A water-cooling system would let me push it to the max.

2. Yes, I admire the Fury X approach and would like to see that option spread.

1) No liquid gpu cooler, would like to in order to dump the heat where I want, do have an H100i which has been awesome.

2) Yes, having great cooling straight out of the box without the hassle and warranty issues of doing it myself would be great.

1. yes

2. Wheres the fun with the preinstalled crap? Doesn't anyone miss the thrill of firing things up for the first time and praying you don't have a mini water part inside your rig?

1. yes i would consider it
2. yes. buying one pre-installed can give you a nicer, more cohesive aesthetic look. for example the fury x looks real nice.

1. I would be very interested in installing this type of liquid cooling solution.

2. It would depend on the price difference when compared to other air cooling options.

1. No. However, I may have to consider it, since my R9 290X goes up above 80C during long period of gaming.
2. Yes, I would buy it, but depending on the price.

1.) Yes - I bought a NZXT Kraken G10, but unfortunately botched the install when I decided to cut the bracket to force something to fit. (Never a good idea to work on your PC drunk).
2.) Yes - see above for reason.

1. Yes.
2. No. I would prefer to install it myself for the experience and also the quality of the installation.

1) Currently use Corsair's H110i GTX as "Nothing is Better", and would love to try there GPU solution!
2) I would try a preinstalled unit if it was competitively priced but, would also like to try on my existing card first!

1. Absolutely. I use Corsair throughout my rig, and would trust their GPU coolers.
2. Definitely, see #1. With a reference cooler currently, I would love to upgrade in terms of heat and noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back