Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I suppose I'll try anything once.
2. Used to be, the answer would have been yes, but after building a full custom loop, I would have a hard time going back.

1. I don't do liquid cooling, but have always wanted to upgrade my card to a pre-installed solution.

2. I would rather buy a card with liquid cooling pre-installed just because don't want the fuss, but want the silence. Also, no AC in the home.

1. I'm currently using an H80 and it's working great!
2. I'd be for pre-installed .. less work .. but I'd probably take it apart and replace the T.I.M. anyways though ..

no h2o on the gpu, but if it would overclock better that would be great.

yes to my installing on a gpu. as long its not a Nano:eek: cough cough

1. I would absolutely water cool my GPU with a solution from Corsair. I already cool my CPU with one :)
2. I would most likely choose a preinstalled solution, but only after reading many great reviews of my various options at HardOCP.

1. I do not own anything, but did consider going this route with my 2 290x cards as they are loud and hot.
2. Yes, i rather get a card with warranty with built in water cooling.

1. I do not currently liquid cool my video card but I would consider such a solution. Hopefully it would help reduce capacitor whine.

2. I don't know I could go either way, the problem with most built in is you have to have a loop and pump already configured. With a solution like this I can just install it and move on. I would have to say if it were a closed system I would consider it.

1. Yes and no. I would love to use it as it would be awesome to look at. No, because I don't want to void the warranty or potentially mess things up by doing it myself, and ruining everything.
2. Yes, so that way there is less chance of me messing up installation and having a leak and ruining my pc!

1. Yes, buuuuut it would need very flexible tubing.

2. I would buy the card with a pre-installed liquid cooler or without, I don't care about having to do it myself. Probably have more peace of mind if I did it myself.

1. Yes, I would definitely consider cooling my GPU with Corsair's combo. My GTX Titan X fan is the loudest part of my system and the card heats-up fairly quickly to 85c despite having optimized fan curve. With the Corsair combo I know it would be much, much quieter.

2. I'm a DIYselfer and since I already have an outstanding graphics card I would prefer to install the Corsair combo myself. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest a graphics card with Corsair's combo preinstalled for someone who is looking to upgrade from what they have or is building a new system.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?
I do have a 290 that I would love to slap this on and see what I can do with it.
2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.
Depends on the warranty and noise. But I do love the cooler on my 295x2.

1. I would if they were $20 or less (it's just a hunk of metal after all) and there was one available that was compatible with my card (which there is).

2. After market coolers (for GPU's and CPU's) are always superior to stock coolers (the ones that I buy anyway), so I would definitely prefer to purchase one separately.

1. Yes, I would.
2. Depends on warranty of video card and cost, but I'd prefer to install it myself.

1. I don't currently but I would definitely like to do it.

2. Yes, warranty coverage

1. I would definitely consider it, back in the early 2000s I had a wicked watercooling setup and wouldn't mind delving into that area again especially now that we have equipment that is a lot more ready-made for the task.

2. I would probably be interested, but you can bet I would take it all apart and make sure I was happy with the thermal paste and mounting.

1: Do not at this time, but would consider it mainly to quiet down the card(s) when gaming

2: If the card comes with it preinstalled, depends on the effectiveness of the kit and warranty coverage. Would prefer the card to come with the cooling solution pre-assembled.

1. I have an H75 installed for one of my GPU's via NZXT G10 mounting bracket

2. The HG10 provides a nice blower style fan to remove heat from the case. Currently higher model AIO GPU Hybrid preinstalled solutions are provided on top tier graphics. The HG10 will provide an outfit for more graphics cards to have AIO with a radial fan rather than the current axial fan type bracket configuration.

1. Yes, I have two jet engine 290x's to cool off.

2. Yes, I have bad luck with hardware and would hate to remove the cooler in order to rma the cards.

I currently custom loop my cfx 290x lightnings but AIO coolers like the Corsair would be great for the get up and go. I would love to see higher end custom cards like mine supported with dual 140mm rads to get maximum performance with factory warranty. I personally would like to see an end user supported installation scheme so that I can use higher end TIM and Grease to support higher performance these type of products demand.

Give it to me and let me make it shine!

[H]ardMacK

1. Yes I would consider it, as I don't like the thought of decreasing the lifespan of my equipment due to heat. I also dislike fan noise from GPUs that are air cooled.
2. Yes, since it would be cool and silent and not void a warranty, though I like the idea of custom cooling options.

1. Yes, my GPU is starting to run pretty hot

2.If a pre-installed cooler does the same job as installing it myself I don't see a reason to install it myself and do more work.

1) I have considered but never actually gone through with liquid gpu cooling.

2) It depends entirely on the cost. Also I might tend to install myself if that means I can move it between cards more easily.

1) Yes.

2) Yes, less work, and perhaps a bit more piece of mind. I have never had any issues with leaks in either the H50 or H90 that I own.

1 I don't currently water cool my GPU but I want to.

2 I would buy one with a water cooler on it already but I'm definitely not opposed to doing it myself. I already use Corsair CPU coolers on 4 of my rigs.

1. I would consider it.

2. Yes if it's not considerably more expensive then buying the two separately, and I'd like for it to be re-usable on future cards.

Thanks for doing this.

1. I don't own anything that has to do with water cooling, but I am considering it for my CPU...I have created a thread in the past to get more info and advice.

2. Probably not. I like to tinker around, and a stand-alone GPU cooler would still allow me to select the brand/model of GPU that fits my needs best...plus the WC can carry over to future GPU upgrades.

1: I don't already have one but always wanted to have one set up as it's hot here in TX!
2. If it would save me money overall I would have no problem setting it up myself but if the reverse were true I would buy one pre-installed on a GPU.

Thanks!

1. Yes, using an NZXT bracket and a small Corsair AIO cooler at the moment. A bigger, better, quieter solution is always welcome!

2. No, I would prefer to install it myself. It's very likely the noise profile of the pre-installed cooler won't be up to my standards, so I'd rather pick one myself from the get-go.

1. I used the Corsair bracket with the H100i on my R9 290x until it died.

2. I prefer to do things myself.

1. Yes but I do not care for the modifications I had to do for a viable product, whereas the HG10 comes complete and doesn't need the modifacitons.

2. Yes if the price difference was only 0-15% higher than doing it myself.

1. Yes.
2. YES! Installing an aftermarket AIO is a big pain in the rear if the company (not Corsair) provides bad instructions.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

I love the h100i and h55 in my system. They keep my system cool and quiet.

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

I love the hg10! I think it is a great product for someone with a reference r9 290. It allows me to over clock my gpu, keep the temps down and keep my system quiet.

While we're on corsair, the SP fans are great!

1. Yes, I would.
2. While I would prefer OEM for warranty reason's, I'm apt to switch out coolers for more efficient/effective/useful options.

1. I have looked at the NZXT product in the past, but had SLI and it didn't make sense due to the realestate 2 rads would take up - now down to a single 980 ti and it has crossed my mind.

2. Maybe - depends on the quality of the cooler it came equipped with. The h110i in a push pull is keeping my 5820k ice cold even at fixed voltage and 4.6. I'd be curious how much headroom this would give me on the 980ti, but removing the heat from the case (or at least diverting it from the center of the build) would also benefit the build if gpu bin constraints reduced the OC capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back