Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw​

CorsairLuckyDraw092015.jpg

To enter this Corsair Lucky Draw, you need to have a United States shipping address and answer these two questions!

The randomly drawn winner will receive: 1 each Corsair Hydro Series™ HG10 GPU liquid cooling bracket of your choice, and 1 each Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GTX.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

This is now closed. Winner has been notified by PM and Email.

Last edited:
1. I don't currently liquid cool my GPU but would like to. My fan is loud!

2. It would depend on the added cost but i would buy it for the convenience.

1. I've used the HG10 and a H75 on a 290X before I got my current card.

2. Maybe. I kind of enjoy the taking apart my card part of using aftermarket solutions but if the cost wasn't extremely more than stock I would definitely consider it.

1. I do not currently, but would like to. I can't stand the closed case gpus have nowadays. Such a pain to clean out!

2. I'd definitely look at the price difference. If it's not outrageous, I'd buy it pre-installed. Got more money than time nowadays.

1) I have one of my GPU liquid cooled and waited a long time to have the HG10 come out. So the answer is yes to first part.

2) No, I don't want pre installed liquid cooling. I want to install it myself since it is fun. The Corsair one looks like a much easier solution compared to the NZXT G10 that I installed with a Corsair H55.

I am all over this.

1. I would definitely consider it, especially if I win it.
2. I would want to see the difference in price and performance between a pre-installed unit and a unit like Corsair's. I would most likely tend to lean towards something like the Corsair unit as it would be more likely that I would be able to reuse it if I purchased a different video card.

1. Yep. With how modern systems are, I think water cooling a GPU has more benefits than water cooling a CPU.

2. Maybe. I'd like it if a cooler I bought could move from GPU to GPU with me like how I've kept my CPU cooler through multiple CPUs. Then I could just buy a reference card and have a solid cooler on it every time.

1. I would consider it for sure
2. I would normally like to install it myself because a lot of block and cooler applications I have seen use shitty paste and put way too much on.

1) I would consider liquid cooling my GPU with something like Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid. I assume it will work in my Corsair case. :D

2) I'd lean towards pre-installed, mainly for warranty related issues. The varies between various AIB/vendors. If Corsair struck a deal with a company like MSI or ASUS to include them pre-installed on the GPUs that would be a great move.

1. Not yet, but i'm certainly considering doing it with my card to achieve lower temperatures and better overclock which it's certainly limited by air cooling, specially with the HG10 blower style fan.

2. depend on the cost of the card, but, generally I always prefer to install it manually as part of the process and I think no pre-installed aftermarket solution offer the performance of 280mm radiator that can be installed by myself and receive better temps at lower noise.

1. I've considered using a liquid cooling bracket but am concerned about compatibility since what I've read in the past seems to give no guarantees for anything other than reference cards and I typically end up with a post-reference card. In the past it was difficult to find information regarding compatibility.

2. It would depend on the price difference, but the card including the cooler pre-installed means less chance of breaking something during installation and everything being manufacturer-supported out of the box.

1. Yup, have had an H100 on my CPU for 4 years now and have been pretty happy with it. I've considered going with something similar for my GPU but so far haven't been able to justify the cost.
2. Pre-installed would be preferable, especially if there wasn't a huge price premium for it. More convenient and no warranty issues when it's pre-installed.

1. Yes I would consider going with an aio solution for gpu cooling.

2. Yes but only if the price was right. If I could save say $100 by installing the cooler myself then I would go that route, but I would probably be willing to spend an extra $30-40 for a pre-installed solution due to simplicity.

Thank you [H] and Corsiar for another lucky draw giveaway!

1. I don't currently have a liquid cooling solution for my GPU, but I would consider it if the price differential wasn't too much more.
2.I would buy an AIO liquid cooled GPU cooler if it wasn't too much more in price. I would rather buy one already built than one I had to install, as I don't think my technical skills are good enough to do a good job.

1. I don't currently liquid cool my GPUs, but with 290s in there I have considered it.
2. I would do it with an All in one solution that had cabling to reach the radiator mounting locations. Having a liquid cooling solution for both the CPU and GPU looks great, but they need to match and need to ensure the rest of the components aren't hot by blocking air flow.

1. I do not but I would consider a liquid cooling solution for additional overclocking.

2. Yes, no risk of voiding warranty, and the warranty from the manufacture.

1: No because I am not really worried about my heat output or sound at the moment.
2: Yes if it was easier to put in.

1. No as I do not want to void warranty or damage a card changing out the cooling system that it came with.
2.Yes, no risk of damaging device and still have warranty if things happen.

1) no I haven't liquid cooled a GPU for years but yes I'd consider it
2) yes, I'd buy a separate unit and install it myself if it outperformed an all-in-one kit (aka worth the effort)

1. Formerly custom loop with EC block. But not any more.
2. If the price was right. Meaning it would need to be near $50 or so above what a similar air cooled card would run.

1. I've sadly never water cooled.
2. I would because I'm always afraid to screw the more integrated stuff up with disassembly.

1. yes i do. custom bracket, 120mm AIO, and 92mm fan for RAM cooling.
2. yes i would buy one with attached factory water. I want reliability, and NO leaks. Tubing would have to be reasonably long, to reach the front of a mid-tower like the corsair 550d however.

1. Yes, I have done so in the past with an NZXT G10 bracket, though I currently do not use such a setup on my GPU's.

2. Definitely, it is a lot less work to do it that way. It was a hassle when I watercooled using an AIO kit and a bracket.

1. No, I do not currently liquid cool my GPU but I would consider it. I do liquid cool my CPU.
2. Yes, I would due to time savings, quality of install, and warranty.

1) Don't own, but would consider, yes.
2) Yes. Much less work for pretty much same results.

1) Yes. I have a 290x that is dying to be cooled by this thing.

2) Would rather buy a card with a pre-installed liquid cooler, for warranty purposes... Time for Corsair to start offering their own video cards (or working with a partner for a "Corsair Edition") :)

1.I would love to try liquid cooling a Gpu

2. I would be really interested in pre-installed liquid cooling like the FuryX

No, I tried it once with NZT and a corsair h50 off of Ebay and of course I bought the one corsair model that is not compatable with the NZT, thought about moding the bracket but finally starting using my brain and bought a fan off Ali Baba ( had broke a fan blade off.) Works great now.

Oh yes am a real fan of AIO water cooling kits.

1) I used to have a water cooled GPU and I miss it so yes I would install one again.
2) If the price was right I would consider it. I also don't mind installing aftermarket coolers.

1) Yes, been waiting for the HG10 980 for a month or so now
2) No, I'd rather install it myself.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

1 - I'm currently liquid cooling the 4770k in my desktop rig with a Corsair H100i. I'd like to add an additional AIO for the GPU to keep things quieter at full load and for future expandability to a faster (and consequently hotter) GPU.

2 - It would be great if more VGA cards came with the option for air or water like ASUS's Poseidon and that AIO coolers and the cards themselves were a bit more plug, play and warranty friendly for swapping in various components as cooling needs / desires increase or decrease like we have for CPU's now. I think that both Corsair and NZXT are on the right track. Though I do have concerns about properly cooling VRM's and RAM chips.

1. Yes I would use it. And I also have used it in the past for my 780 MSI lightnings!

2. It would depend on the Company. If it was EVGA I would buy it pre-installed, If it was Asus or MSI I would do it myself since I would not have to mess around with the VRM/Memory Heatsinks.

P.S. I am one of the 63% motherfuckers on this forum!

Last edited:
gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

1. hells yes
  2. id definitely prefer to have it factory installed. i cant choose my thermal compound in this situation, but the convenience is worth it.

if i was super concerned about the best cooling i could get, id do a full waterblock with a custom loop, but AIO is so damn convenient. i have one for my CPU and would love another for my GPU. so cost effective compared to custom loops.

1. Yes, sig

2. Yes, because less heat, less noise, less hassle, cheaper than a full custom water loop, higher potential overclock, great for sli ( I never only use 1 card),

1. yes, yes I would

2. would depend on the case configuration and the warranty situation, factory installed certainly has it's merits.

1. Yes i did that with the evga hybrid
2. Yes i woild prefer pre-installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back