Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Oh and by the way, I just bought a 600T just to check it out. I'll probably end up giving it out for free on the forum after I'm done checking it out.

Please send me your feedback when you get it - I'm curious as to what changes you'd make. Always good to get the feedback of an experienced builder.

Just to let you know. I've been in the market for a case for awhile now. Just to update my old Lian Li pc60 case I bought when Lian Li was first introduce into the market. Very long ago. I bought the first window case, to be exact.

But, regardless of brand. It's irrelevent on deciding, maybe a little. I buy a case for its function and appearance, not because of its name. Its basically like buying a fararri and it drives like crap and poops all over. It doesn't make sense to buy it for the name now would it? Personally, I think the 600t case is well design overall. Has all the bells and whistles, and appearance is very nice. Attention to details, and feature that it has, makes it that much more appealing. Tho, tad big for a mid size tower, but it seems to be well worth the demension used, it can hold LOTS of hardware.

The name on the case, only makes it much sweeter, why you may ask? The company has a good reputation on quality control, warranty and its overall product. What more can you ask for? Consider great icing on top of the cake. Redbeard, for example, has provided excellent service and communication. Of course, who wouldn't buy from a good reputation like Corsair with such great customer service?

Regardless of name. I am open to any company that is willing to bring to the table, with a great competitive and innovative product. It only benefit us as consumers.
My point, there are those who buy things by Brand (loyalty), by Features/Quality provided, or both. Why not, if you can get the best of both world.?

-Omerta , I think your to biased with your own opinion on how YOU shop. If any brand sell this case, for that matter. I will still buy, regardless of brand. Overall its an awesome case, compared to whats out in the market, currently.
Edit: I find it funny that you actually end up buying the case, and state that you may give it out, just to save some face. Obviously, you have some appeal attraction to this case for some reason. Maybe Corsair is doing something right on your boat? Lol.

Honestly, my best balance of CPU/GPU with the 600T is by using the rear fan(s) as exhaust and turning the top fan around as an intake. Got some really nice GPU temps that way.

Consider that, the top fan as an intake, may render all other fan filter useless, since it will bring in dust from above. Unless it has an extra snap on/screw in style filter above that I might of missed?

Consider that, the top fan as an intake, may render all other fan filter useless, since it will bring in dust from above. Unless it has an extra snap on/screw in style filter above that I might of missed?

I think the top removable panel acts as a dust filter, too. Not sure though.

-Omerta , I think your to biased with your own opinion on how YOU shop. If any brand sell this case, for that matter. I will still buy, regardless of brand. Overall its an awesome case, compared to whats out in the market, currently.
Edit: I find it funny that you actually end up buying the case, and state that you may give it out, just to save some face. Obviously, you have some appeal attraction to this case for some reason. Maybe Corsair is doing something right on your boat? Lol.

I am biased in that I automatically degrade shit made by coolermaster or thermaltake, but other than that, I don't have bias against any of the other case manufacturers.

And no, I'm not buying it because I'm attracted enough to the point I want to use it. And what face am I trying to save and from who? I don't get where you are coming from with that. Anyone who knows me on the forum knows I am a huge case whore and just love buying and seeing new cases. In fact, i've owned over 6 cases or so over the past few months. I've even debated making a case review site with a couple of the members here, but it's not really feasible with all the numerous well-established outlets offering reviews.

Last edited:
I understand, save face, just to prove your point. Nothing more. Tho, I'm not arguing, just stating the facts.

Though, no biggie. I've purchased over 200+ cases past 2 years alone, (*I can prove with pictures if need to be, lol) Ive seen my fair share of cases, the past 10 years of building/repairing/sales in computers. I'm just putting my personal opinion in it as well. I work with many distributors around the nation for parts, of course. I've been through misc water setups, lots of internal changes to state, that I have my fair share in mods, upgrades, to watercooling etc. I'm a metal fabricator by trade. I have a fair idea on what works, what doesn't.

Being that I personally like my Lian Li, never thought I'd ever need to change it, its been good to me. Though, being a from Lian Li fan, with quality and features.., I think the 600t holds its ground fairly well on whats on the table. Nothings perfect, like redbeard said, theres always always trade off on features you add. You win some, you lose some. Overall, I think the 600t nailed it fairly well considering its price range and market. 90 out of 100 in features and appearance. Want more bells and whistles? Im sure Corsair will change anything possible to create sales, ONLY if theres a big market for the idea. Of course with additional marginal cost.

Overall what would you personally add or change? I'm open to see what others have in mind as an Ideal case.

Meh, I knew that cooling will be relatively poor... but, after looking 350+ cases, 600T still wins (apart from FT02 which is too expensive)... soo i'l get the 600T. Will post pics when it arrives..

(Oh and, will there be any new cases this year? 600D? 900D? Any pictures yet?)

Last edited:
Meh, I knew that cooling will be relatively poor... but, after looking 350+ cases, 600T still wins (apart from FT02 which is too expensive)... soo i'l get the 600T. Will post pics when it arrives..
(Oh and, will there be any new cases this year? 600D? 900D? Any pictures yet?)

Price is reasonably priced right? For what it is. You can always upgrade to louder higher cfm fan of course. Nothings impossible on that end. People love to compare this to higher end / cost cases, but in the end, it all comes down to price!

Kudos for Redbeard working with the community with ideas on making cases only better. Its a win win situation on both ends. :)

I understand, save face, just to prove your point. Nothing more. Tho, I'm not arguing, just stating the facts.

whatever

Though, no biggie. I've purchased over 200+ cases past 2 years alone, (*I can prove with pictures if need to be, lol) Ive seen my fair share of cases, the past 10 years of building/repairing/sales in computers. I'm just putting my personal opinion in it as well. I work with many distributors around the nation for parts, of course. I've been through misc water setups, lots of internal changes to state, that I have my fair share in mods, upgrades, to watercooling etc. I'm a metal fabricator by trade. I have a fair idea on what works, what doesn't.

Being that I personally like my Lian Li, never thought I'd ever need to change it, its been good to me. Though, being a from Lian Li fan, with quality and features.., I think the 600t holds its ground fairly well on whats on the table. Nothings perfect, like redbeard said, theres always always trade off on features you add. You win some, you lose some. Overall, I think the 600t nailed it fairly well considering its price range and market. 90 out of 100 in features and appearance. Want more bells and whistles? Im sure Corsair will change anything possible to create sales, ONLY if theres a big market for the idea. Of course with additional marginal cost.

Overall what would you personally add or change? I'm open to see what others have in mind as an Ideal case.

Yeah but the 200 cases you bought were for business purposes it seems. I just buy cases because I'm just interested them. It's kind of a hobby. Anyway...it doesn't really matter. Probably a hobby for you, too.

I'll give my thoughts on it when I get it, but as it stands now, I do think the case is getting more attention just on account of the brand name and exposure of corsair. In fact most people here did not even know what the RV02 was until Kyle wrote his gtx 480/rv02 article even though the RV02 had been in the market for nearly a year.

Last edited:
Its all marketing. Price & Quality plays a big roll in sales as well. Same for exposure. Obviously, hot deals create a buzz, same with hype, or even just the great foundation the company laid for its product. I'm sure Corsairs exposure is well worth the hard work and is well earned.

You hate CoolerMaster, yet, they sell ALOT of cases, regardless. :) It says something is right, or works just enough for its purpose.
For example.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119068&cm_re=case-_-11-119-068-_-Product
Price to Performance ratio. Its great. 2,500 review isn't bad at all, just from newegg. (considering the odds of people who actually do leave reviews when purchase)

Higher end cases, seems to be a niche market, vs lower cost cases, are mainstream.
----------
As for me, You can say its a hobby and sometimes a business if people are willing to pay for it.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but if we're talking about quality, this case is honestly downright amazing in my opinion. The steel parts are super sturdy, do some parts bend? Yes! But that doesn't seem to be a big deal, the back panel can poof out a bit, but its NOT noticeable, and it means you can fit more shit in there. Best of all, it feels like no stress goes on the back panel at all! The plastic is hard ass, and you not going to be able to do damage to it very easily, at least in my opinion. The mobo tray Is super strong, and its a dream to work it. Everything is just top notch build wise, with the exception of the fans, BUT ONLY because they don't push as much air as I'd think would be appropriate(people blame the fan controller, but its NOT the fan controller, my CPU fans bump up crazy when I put that all the way up) they just don't push very much air...that being said, its not necessarily noticable to me in temps...my overclocks are still high and still very stable, with no worries about temps, and, besides a small fan problem that is being fixed by corsairs wonderful customer server, they're really quiet(at least from someone who came from a case full of 80mm fans, it seems almost silent)

Im loving this case, its not the best by far, but I think its worth the money by far.

Redbeard, Is it still a bit too early to ask when Canadian retailers...errr, e-tailers would be able to expedite said wondrous and most-talked-about case?? Not that I am in any rush just very intrigued and ...yah! the fact that it's also the key piece for a workstation build along with a H70 and an ATI Firepro V5800....but again just curious!!! thanks mate!!!!

I was pretty much set on buying this chassis but now I'm back on the fence. I don't OC and use air cooling exclusively and if reports are accurate cooling is lacking. :(

This chassis is still on my short list. I love its tubby design! It's like they modeled the chassis after me! While the default cooling may not be the greatest, I feel its easy to install/cable management design makes up for the cooling.

Anyhow, the 600T, Bitfenix Colossus, NZXT Phantom, ATCS 840 and HAF-X are all on my shortlist atm.

I was pretty much set on buying this chassis but now I'm back on the fence. I don't OC and use air cooling exclusively and if reports are accurate cooling is lacking. :(

If you don't OC there's absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of cooling.

If you don't OC, then why are you so concerned? Who cares if your temps are at most 5C higher than "others" if you have everything else you want?

Yeah I have a H70 and the 600T. I will post some pics in the morning.

Awesome!

It's all sounding very positive from you lucky people :) Can't wait to get mine for Christmas!

Quick question though, would it be wise to reinstall my CPU cooler so that it's blowing air towards the top exhaust fan rather than the 120mm rear one?

Here is my new build with a 600T and H70. Loving the case so far. Build quality is great and the case feels very solid. It has plenty of room just wish is was just a little taller.

Only cons I have is similar to a lot of others. Wish there was an on/off for the LEDs but with that said they are prety nice. It's also a little louder than i thought it would be but to be honest that is probably due to my SLI EVGA 460s with external exhaust.

The only issue I ran into with the H70 is that I am not able to install my AirFlow fan over the memory. This might be due to how close the memory slots are to the CPU socket on a P55 mother board.

The biggest issue I ran into with this build is the cable length and sata connector orientation of the Corsair AX850. The cables are way too short and can barely reach DVD drive if the cable is routed behind the motherboard like it should be. In fact I have to lower it one bay down. The connectors are also upside down from every other PSU maker. Going to ask Corsair if they sell longer cables or if there are any 3rd party ones that will work because I have even a bigger issue with my 700D case.

600tside.jpg

600trear.jpg

600tfront.jpg

600tbackside.jpg

600tangle.jpg

Last edited:
rk,

Did you make any changes to fan orientation?

Thanks, I should have mentione that. Currently I have the H70 in Exhaust which I think will work out best for me since I have two GTX460s with external exhaust pumping a lot of warm air right behind my case. I didn't want the H70 sucking all that air right back in. If i didn't have the EE cards and the warm air was being dumped in the case I would probably set the H70 to intake.

I didn't change the two 200mm fans at all.

I have the Ax750 and I agree, the SATA cables are not very good. Space between each plug is way too far apart and the orientation is wrong.

Yeah, their SATA power connectors are a bit of a pain.

Is that an adapter you have going to your USB 3.0 on the back so that the front side one works, is the front side one set up with a usb3.0 pin header? Basicaly what does the hookup for the front side USB 3.0 port look like

Thanks for the pics rkgriffin, looks great! I had SLI 460s & an H70 as well and if I were to get this case I'd have it the same way as you.

Yeah, their SATA power connectors are a bit of a pain.

Is that an adapter you have going to your USB 3.0 on the back so that the front side one works, is the front side one set up with a usb3.0 pin header? Basicaly what does the hookup for the front side USB 3.0 port look like

The USB 3.0 cable coming from the front panel is pretty long and the connector is just like one on a normal external USB cable. I have the EVGA USB 3.0 PCIe card installed and the cable goes out the back PCI plate via a notch which is supplied with the case. I found it a cleaner install to have it come out the bottom slot instead of the top slot where is was mounted when I got the case. However, it your USB 3.0 is on the IO section of the motherboard the cable is probably too short and you will have to run it through the top PCI plate. This would suck sine it would block using my top PCIe 1x slot.

I wish Corsair would have made a hole behind the motherboard to route the cable. I am sure one could probably mod this is needed.

Thanks for the pics rkgriffin, looks great! I had SLI 460s & an H70 as well and if I were to get this case I'd have it the same way as you.

Yeah I just wish I could have used my AirFlow fan on the memory. Well at least that saves me $50 on buying the AirFlow Pro fancy light thingy :) If I really wanted to I could swap the H50 out of my server and that would give me enough room. I don't extreme OC so the slightly better cooling of the H70 isn't really needed. I just like the look of it better.

Yeah I just wish I could have used my AirFlow fan on the memory. Well at least that saves me $50 on buying the AirFlow Pro fancy light thingy :) If I really wanted to I could swap the H50 out of my server and that would give me enough room. I don't extreme OC so the slightly better cooling of the H70 isn't really needed. I just like the look of it better.

Put one of your h70 fans on the outside of the case?
In otherwords.
Exhaust fan | case | h70| push fan

If your looking at the case.

Does it hit on the tubes? How big is your RAM cooler? Mine seems to fit although I have an X58 board so maybe that's why.

IMG_1381.jpg

I thought about that and might try it but will need to find longer screws as the back of the case where the fan is sticks out a bit. I was hoping it would be completely flat.

Man, these installs are sickeningly clean. I'm completely in love with this case.

I just don't know if I can give up my Antec Twelve Hundred's *fantastic* airflow on my SLI GTX 480's.

I hope Amazon gets these in this week. I really need another computer.

It certianly seems like Amazons consignment of 600T's is on the proverbial "slow boat from China". I've had my order in with Amazon since Aug 10th, if I'd placed my order with Newegg I'd have the case already. My fear with canceling the order (besides the extra cost) is the day after I do Amazon will get stock and Newegg would be back ordered.

I ordered mine from newegg last Wed.... received on Friday.. :)

if you are in a rush you guys should order from there.

whatever

Yeah but the 200 cases you bought were for business purposes it seems. I just buy cases because I'm just interested them. It's kind of a hobby. Anyway...it doesn't really matter. Probably a hobby for you, too.

I'll give my thoughts on it when I get it, but as it stands now, I do think the case is getting more attention just on account of the brand name and exposure of corsair. In fact most people here did not even know what the RV02 was until Kyle wrote his gtx 480/rv02 article even though the RV02 had been in the market for nearly a year.

You're getting this one too? Not my type of case but it's interesting to see how many people buy it. There aren't many pictures of builds either. Now that Corsair released this, I hope they get back to business with the smaller 800D.

Does it hit on the tubes? How big is your RAM cooler? Mine seems to fit although I have an X58 board so maybe that's why.

IMG_1381.jpg

I think it is two things... first the memory slots on a P55 motherboard are closer to the CPU socket than they are on an X58 board. Really not sure why they did that. Second, I have Corsair Dominator ram which is very tall and the AirFlow extends that height even more.

Going to try and mount the rear fan on the outside of the case if I can find the right screws and see how that works.

I think it is two things... first the memory slots on a P55 motherboard are closer to the CPU socket than they are on an X58 board. Really not sure why they did that. Second, I have Corsair Dominator ram which is very tall and the AirFlow extends that height even more.

Going to try and mount the rear fan on the outside of the case if I can find the right screws and see how that works.

Ah, didn't realize the Dominator cooler is so tall. I have corsair RAM as well but I bought a kingston cooler that is fairly tall (see the 4th pic with the extensions).

You shouldn't need any different screws to do that. Even now you have the thickness of the case between the screw and the radiator. If you put a fan outside, it'll just be between the fan and the radiator. The only reason I couldn't mount mine on the outside is because the built in fan grill protruded a bit so that it hit the fan blades.

You're getting this one too? Not my type of case but it's interesting to see how many people buy it. There aren't many pictures of builds either. Now that Corsair released this, I hope they get back to business with the smaller 800D.

just to check it out. no way would i ditch my ft02 for it.

I ordered mine from newegg last Wed.... received on Friday.. :)

if you are in a rush you guys should order from there.

I'm tempted, but ordering from NewEgg now would cost me about $40 more than Amazon is charging me, and I'm not in that much of a rush, yet. Plus it's kind of personal now, my own little starring contest with Bezos. Who is going to flinch first?

Back