Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Just received my 600t from newegg.

First off, I don't know if this is Newegg's fault or Corsair's (I assume Newegg), but my case was not delivered in an actual retail box. It came fairly poorly packed in a box that was far too large with just the bag around the case and the styrofoam pads. I did not receive my case in a box such as the one shown in this video. Thankfully my case seems to still be in new condition with all the protective plastic on it but this reflects poorly on Corsair even though I'm sure it's the retailer's fault.

So far I'm a big fan of the case. My top need for a case was something easy to work in, which this case seems perfect for. I also like the aesthetics much more in person. I don't think it photographs very well.

Build quality seems solid so far. The main weak link seems to be the hotswap hard drive bays and the case wiring. The case wiring is pretty ugly but to be fair I've had to resleeve the case front panel wiring in every case I've owned so far.

If I notice anything no one else has mentioned after I get a chance to work in the case for awhile I'll report back.

First off, I don't know if this is Newegg's fault or Corsair's (I assume Newegg), but my case was not delivered in an actual retail box. It came fairly poorly packed in a box that was far too large with just the bag around the case and the styrofoam pads. I did not receive my case in a box such as the one shown in this video. Thankfully my case seems to still be in new condition with all the protective plastic on it but this reflects poorly on Corsair even though I'm sure it's the retailer's fault.

Do you think there is a possibility that the shipper re-boxed the case. Could be the original box got trashed and they stuck it in a new box. Years ago I had something shipped to me that was obviously reboxed, though I can't recall who the shipper was , or even what the product was. I do remember that there was a letter explaining that the original box had been damaged, and after inspecting the item and not finding it damaged, they reboxed it and completed the shipment. The letter offered the usual applolgy for any inconvenience and provided a contact number if I had any questions or wished to return the shipment.

You could always contact NewEgg and the shipper and see if either were willing to fess up.

So far I'm a big fan of the case. My top need for a case was something easy to work in, which this case seems perfect for. I also like the aesthetics much more in person. I don't think it photographs very well.

Build quality seems solid so far. The main weak link seems to be the hotswap hard drive bays and the case wiring. The case wiring is pretty ugly but to be fair I've had to resleeve the case front panel wiring in every case I've owned so far.

If I notice anything no one else has mentioned after I get a chance to work in the case for awhile I'll report back.

First, I'm a bit confused. The case should come in that box - if it didn't, somebody reboxed it along the way.

Second, the front panel wiring is all black - what would you have done differently?

First, I'm a bit confused. The case should come in that box - if it didn't, somebody reboxed it along the way.

Second, the front panel wiring is all black - what would you have done differently?

I think this is what he's talking about, I'm planning on sleeving it as well.

img0285t.jpg

Are they sleeved at all? The sleeving just doesn't go all the way to the ends?

They are sleeved black yes... but the sleeve ends about an inch short. Seems to be pretty common with all cases. It jst sucks because as you can see in the picture it really sticks out. It is even worse on the front panel audio as about 3 inches is un-sleeved.

I've recently received this case and after following this thread the past few weeks I'll just share my first impressions.

Build quality is fine for the most part, the plastic is solid and also the reports that it's too gray isn't really true, in bright lighting directly on the case it does have a gray look yes, but under normal indoor lighting it looks dark enough.

The side panels are super easy in use but feel/sound a bit hollow to my liking, I feel they could have been a bit thicker or at least have some sort of noise absorbing layer to them.

Inside it's very easy to work, lots and lots of room. But behind the back panel tough, things can get quite the mess. Especially with the cables from the front panel, fan controller and harddrive cables basicly all running past the same spot. I spent a while on figuring out how to seperate it all to make it tidy but in the end I just left it that way and put the side panel back, there's plenty of room anyway. ;)

On to the 200mm fans, first of all, they are not silent, even at low speed. From the 1st time I turned the pc on I could hear a clear annoying whining sound. After closer inspection it mostly came from the front fan, after disconnecting that one and testing again, the whine was a lot less, with a slight one coming from the top fan. I assumed I had a faulty fan on my hands so I switched them resulting in the whine again coming from the front of the case. So I don't know, is the mesh or drivecages restricting the airflow and causing the whine or do those fans have a problem being mounted that way. Anyway, I've already ordered some megaflows to replace them.
On topic of the white leds, the wires are easily accessible to cut and remove or routing them to a switch should one wish to do so.

Also, for people wondering if you can put 2 120mm fans as front intake, while there is certainly room inside the case to put one above the other, the mesh holes don't run all the way to the bottom of the case, so the bottom fan would be half restricted unless you would drill extra holes yourself.

The fan controller, doesn't really control that much, it feels more like a switch between 2 voltages. My Gentle Typhoons range from 1150 at max to about 900 at low, the 200mm fans from high 700's at max to about 600 at low.
The problem with the controller tough, there is a big dead-zone starting at about 3/4 max setting, at that point, my GT's already reach their 900 minimum speed and turning it further down doesnt change anything. Turning it up again, things stay the same until you reach that 3/4 max point, at wich they go back to full speed and turning it higher doesn't change anything anymore either.

I'm not gonna discuss temps at this point, because for now I've used some L.N.A.'s I still had from my Noctua's with the 200mm fans to lower their speed to about 350rpm wich gets rid of the whine completely, but also probably means they are hardly moving air.

Overall, despite me sounding negative perhaps, I still like the case, especially the look and ease to work in. The standard cooling part of the case is just lacking in my opinion, but I already knew that could be the case when I ordered it anyway.

Last edited:
They are sleeved black yes... but the sleeve ends about an inch short. Seems to be pretty common with all cases. It jst sucks because as you can see in the picture it really sticks out. It is even worse on the front panel audio as about 3 inches is un-sleeved.

If you get a chance, take a picture for me and I'll send it to our engineering group to get it fixed on future revisions. They're supposed to be sleeved all the way up.

If you get a chance, take a picture for me and I'll send it to our engineering group to get it fixed on future revisions. They're supposed to be sleeved all the way up.

This is what all of them look like:

img0307dy.jpg

Just bought the 600T. So far I'm please with the quality and aesthetics. One problem is the front fan exhibits a whine/humming noise at medium to high, very annoying.

My local Micro Center just got these in. $160 + $14 tax = $174 compared to Newegg's $190 after shipping. Just might have to pick one of these bad boys up. :)

This is what all of them look like:

img0307dy.jpg

Thats how they were in my 800D, But I got some NZXT front panel extension cables and I dont see those ugly wires anymore. All sleeved black. & the hd audio cable is hidden on my mobo, So I dont see that 1. The USB is hidden underneath my bottom video card as well.

mine are unsleeved as well just like the above pics.

Here's a strange question though......
Has anyones power button stopped working????? :confused:
the reset button works just fine but the power button all of a sudden stopped functioning. is it time for a RMA?

Edit:

I fixed this problem. If anyone else has the same problem, the peg for the power button was a tad short for whatever reason. I had glued a piece of plastic on the button.

Last edited:
Just got mine. Finish is very nice, love the wide appearance.

Panels are not as thick as I thought they would be. Not too flimsy either, but nowhere near a Lian Li panel. They don't exactly sit flush in all corners either.

Power/reset buttons are AWFUL. They are too damn skinny (a round button fits the finger so much better) and the tactile feedback sucks. No button travel whatsoever and it's a loud cheap sounding click.

So yeah, those are my pessimistic first impressions. Do love the case otherwise though.

My local Micro Center just got these in. $160 + $14 tax = $174 compared to Newegg's $190 after shipping. Just might have to pick one of these bad boys up. :)
If your closest MC is 600 miles away then MC's price with shipping is no better than NewEggs. Wish I had a local MC, their online prices are nothing special but I've heard their in store deals can be pretty good.

Just got back from the St. Louis Mo. microcenter.. 600t on display and 10 in stock. 154.99+tx

just fyi.

Last edited:
A heads up for anyone thinking about replacing the stock fans with megaflows. They are NOT compatible out of the box with this case.
If I had taken measurements beforehand, I would have anticipated the megaflows are thicker. :eek:

For the the top fan I didn't find a solution, the motherboard obstructs it being installed, so I ended up using 2 noctua p12's as top exhaust.

The front intake I managed to install using the fan brackets that came with the case by removing a bit of plastic from the bracket and using wire ties to attach it to the fan. That resulted tough in the drive cages being unable to be installed as they are obstructed by the thicker fan. I solved this by drilling 4 new holes in the bottom of the case for the drivebay holder to be mounted on.

Anyway, the megaflow is alot more quiet compared to the stock fan at the same speeds. I also feel quite a bit more air being moved when I hold my hand to it.

Damn.. they must have shipped it from my back yard as it was just delivered to me..

Damn.. they must have shipped it from my back yard as it was just delivered to me..
did you get the case from Amazon or from Tiger Direct through Amazon? The only listings I could find on Amazon for this case are not eligible for Amazon Prime since they are actually sold through and ship from Tiger Direct or CompUSA. The sold through Amazon link still shows the case as two to three months out.

Yea it was shipped through CompUSA - believe it was like $16 shipping.. I had a $50 gift card so my total was about 126

A comment was made about fan noise in post #727. Although the two 200mm fans are very quiet, they are not as silent as I think they could be. They are so quiet, with air flow noise is so minimal, motor whine now surfaces to dominate the overall sound characteristic. Make no mistake, this is still a very quiet case. I am only focused on noise because I am striving for an almost silent case. I think eliminating the motor whine should be possible and would make a noticeable improvement to an already excellent case.

Again, I need to emphasize, this case is very quiet. One of my major goals when I decided to buy a 600T was to significantly reduce fan noise. I am very satisfied with the result, even though I think it can still be improved.

Argh, 15 now in stock at my local Microcenter.

Will be around $30 more with tax over the $143 at Amazon, but I'd have it now and be able to ensure it's in perfect condition. Hmmm...

I just picked mine up today and to be honest I was put off at how big the thing was! lol then I got over it, rigged everything up and plugged it in ... compared to my old case this thing is silent IMO. very happy right now, well designed case, my only problem was my Gigabyte 890GPA board was a little snug and is buldging the filler panel out slightly.. I can deal with it.

anyways, great case, glad I got it.

Woot, MC rules!

Brought up my pre-order from Amazon at $143.36 and showed them on my phone, asked if they would match it, and they agreed :D. Had to pay tax, but I have the case today, and opened it up in store and made sure there wasn't a single blemish.

Examined the case they had on display, really nice case.

imag0028v.jpg

Switched everything out from my P182 to the 600T and it's pretty disappointing in the noise department. Fans are very audible even at minimum and so is the pump on the H50. It's definitely not a noise killer like the P182 but otherwise it's a fantastic case. Great to work in and the result is a nice, clean build.

600tz.jpg

Woot, MC rules!

Brought up my pre-order from Amazon at $143.36 and showed them on my phone, asked if they would match it, and they agreed :D. Had to pay tax, but I have the case today, and opened it up in store and made sure there wasn't a single blemish.

Examined the case they had on display, really nice case.

imag0028v.jpg

I said people need to start buying it from MC instead of "Wait forever Amazon" and was called out for it. Good to see people with sense to bypass Amazon.
Amazon Pre-order system needs to be overhauled.

Oh damn nice, forgot you could put that hdd cage there. Think the first 30 minutes of transferring my hardware to the 600T I was thinking, wtf didn't Corsair give some kind of manual? Then yeah I found it after I was all done and cleaning up the mess, was with that little bag I tore off and threw to the side when I first opened it lol.

I said people need to start buying it from MC instead of "Wait forever Amazon" and was called out for it. Good to see people with sense to bypass Amazon.
Amazon Pre-order system needs to be overhauled.

Just glad they price matched it. Tbh I don't think I would have bought it there if not, really don't need the case immediately and I'm leaving town for a couple weeks starting tomorrow anyway.

Amazon just needs to get their shit together with these cases. Same thing happened with the 800D, took them forever to get one.

But I got burned by MC then, they had that special for like $257 shipped soon after release. So I got my order confirmation from MC, canceled my Amazon pre-order for $280 with fs before it had risen to $300. Then next day MC emails me they are OOS and canceled my order entirely.

So then I had to use Bing cashback on ebay to get an 800D for $300. Every other seller for Cali residents at the time came out to $340+.

Switched everything out from my P182 to the 600T and it's pretty disappointing in the noise department. Fans are very audible even at minimum and so is the pump on the H50. It's definitely not a noise killer like the P182 but otherwise it's a fantastic case. Great to work in and the result is a nice, clean build.

600tz.jpg

Damn that's nice.

Oh damn nice, forgot you could put that hdd cage there. Think the first 30 minutes of transferring my hardware to the 600T I was thinking, wtf didn't Corsair give some kind of manual? Then yeah I found it after I was all done and cleaning up the mess, was with that little bag I tore off and threw to the side when I first opened it lol.

Just glad they price matched it. Tbh I don't think I would have bought it there if not, really don't need the case immediately and I'm leaving town for a couple weeks starting tomorrow anyway.

Amazon just needs to get their shit together with these cases. Same thing happened with the 800D, took them forever to get one.

But I got burned by MC then, they had that special for like $257 shipped soon after release. So I got my order confirmation from MC, canceled my Amazon pre-order for $280 with fs before it had risen to $300. Then next day MC emails me they are OOS and canceled my order entirely.

So then I had to use Bing cashback on ebay to get an 800D for $300. Every other seller for Cali residents at the time came out to $340+.

I hear ya. Newegg has wacky shipping charges and Amazon advertises preorders and don't deliver until who knows. Sometimes you have to settle for the best in stock deal. I kinda think Amazon does that to steer customers away from Newegg but they need to wait until items are in stock before listing them. Newegg does it along with many other "reputable" etailers.

I swapped out the front fan for a NZXT 200mm fan. However the screw holes don't match with the corsair holes. (Will post picture later.) The NZXT fan is a little louder but i feel the extra air flow is worth it.

how do you compare this case to the Lian Li PC-7FNW?
I don't need a case for water cooling, what should be more silent?

Mine just came in today. I can't wait to get off work today, so I can go home and swap my stuff over.

FYI, Microcenter (at least the one at rockville MD) has the 600T for $139.99 AR. So people that have been waiting and you live near a MC, you can get one for a good price. :D

Question for 600T owners or Redbeard

Do the 200mm fans and the 120mm fan in the back use 3 pin connectors?

If anyone has the time, can i get a pic of what the inner side of the removable side panel looks like.

Back