Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Redbeard

Official Corsair Rep.
http://www.corsair.com/products/600t/default.aspx

I will answer your questions about our new mid-tower here if you guys want.

It's an early prototype but that's about 90% done. Most of the stuff left is just tweaking this or that.

Dual 200mm fans, integrated fan controller, USB 3.0 front panel, space for long graphics cards, built-in SSD compatibility, cable routing holes, etc.

I'm the guy you come to with likes and dislikes, but it's too late to change this case so I'll be reading into what you guys like and dislike for future products. Personally, I really like this case and the design has grown on me quite a bit. The Obsidian series is still going to be sold, but the Graphite series is designed to have a little more streamlined appearance while the Obsidian is designed to be a bit more refined and obelisk-like.

Yes, it's removable.

I'd never consider it. I don't like how it looks aesthetically. And for the price, it is not even on par with the haf 932. The haf 932 has better air-cooling plus can fit a triple rad. There are a bunch cases in its price point (or even cheaper) with the same cooling ability yet they look better/have more features.

It'll sell cause of the corsair name, but it's really nothing special.

Kinda snazzy looking. :cool: Dual radiator support is nice.

However where's the side window panel? It's not always the case but if you have special cable management and LED lights, wouldn't you want to be able to see them?

IMHO a side panel with a window or not at all. :(

I could see it being like the Antec 900, with the 902 coming out later with a different/updated design. :D

Kinda snazzy looking. :cool:

However where's the side window panel? It's not always the case but if you have special cable management and LED lights, wouldn't you want to be able to see them?

IMHO a side panel with a window or not at all. :(

yeah. What's the point of having a nice black interior with great cable management options if there is no window?

This case pretty much has everything I'm looking for. I'm thinking of putting together a new build with a CM 690-2 Advanced as the front-runner but I might consider this case!

The styling is very nice and clean. I like the integrated 4-channel fan controller. I've seen the cable management grommets in the 700/800D and they're awesome, good to see them in this one. I also like the fact that the top HDD cage can be removed and relocated next to the bottom one so I don't lose expansion options. It can fit a long GPU. The giant fans are a nice touch and have white LEDs but what's the point of having LED fans if there's no side window?

If it comes with a side window at the $150 price point, then you'd have a taker right here!

If it comes with a side window at the $150 price point, then you'd have a taker right here!

Honestly...there's hardly a difference between it and the coolermaster sniper. And the coolermaster sniper is cheaper.

Interesting.
Can you give us an approximate release date?

Should be shipping in July/August.

Side panel with window and/or mesh will be available.

Compared to other cases in the price range, this is much larger inside and allows much more room for long graphics cards, compatibility with SSDs out of the box, USB 3.0, etc.

I actually kinda like it... having been years with the antec 900 this looks VERY practical/classy. I like how the side panels pop in AND that the side panes aren't whats structurally holding it together and don't have to be slid in with force. How easily do those front covers come off to move around DVD drives? Is it as bad as the 900 where you pull the front trim off and then have to unscrew them?

It does look a bit on the bulky side for a mid tower... but thats personal preference...

Last edited:
If you need any testers I'd gladly take in a preproduction/test model.

Question: is the Audio port in the front HD audio or just regular?

And I'm definitely liking all the cable management options.

Great styling, only thing I don't like is that they went all out to make the top and the buttons look nice but didn't bother to add the same styling to the front mesh. I would like if they kept that top mesh styling on the front. Now THAt would be bad ass. And make it removable to access dust filters.

Honestly...there's hardly a difference between it and the coolermaster sniper. And the coolermaster sniper is cheaper.

This is a much better case than the Sniper but it does have a lot of similarities.
When I first looked at it I said this is a better looking Sniper, right down to the removable HDD cage, 200mm fans and top USB ports with fan controller.
I kinda wanted a smaller 800D rather than a whole new design.
If I switch cases before the TJ11 is released it would be the 800D again.

Nice, 8 expansion slots instead of the 8th vent you get on the 800D, looks pretty good. Any news on a 900D that'll fit an SR-2, something to go with the AX1200?

This is a much better case than the Sniper but it does have a lot of similarities.
When I first looked at it I said this is a better looking Sniper.
I kinda wanted a smaller 800D rather than a whole new design.
If I switch cases before the TJ11 is released it would be the 800D again.

How is it much better than the sniper exactly? Honestly, if I was running a company that sold cases, I'd never consider releasing a case that UGLY. Ugly looking mesh in the front. Ugly overall shape. Ugly levers on the side panels to open them (at least they were on the back with the 800D). There's plastic all over the place. I honestly think the case is utter trash compared to the 700D/800D. Looks like something coolermaster would churn out. It's just another negative air pressure case design that coolermaster has used before with the "cable management system" adopted from the 800D but the HAF 932 and other cases in its price bracket already have plenty holes for cable management. The HAF X at $189 is much better value. So what if it has USB 3.0 and room for a graphic card most people don't even have. All the new coolermaster cases will have 3.0 and plenty of room for cards, too. HAF 932 and the HAF 922 can fit the 5970. But you can remove a hard drive cage and have even more room for bigger cards in the future....GEE what a feature. But wait, if you still want to use those racks, you can put it next to your PSU on the bottom which will get in the way of cable management and sli/xfire. It was hilarious when they asked the guy in one video to show the features of the case. He pointed to the front fan filter (gee we've never seen that before) and the USB connections at the top--rofl.

I think the corsair people are on CRACK watching the videos. One of the guys in the video said that this is suppose to be better looking/sleeker than the 800D....what the hell? lol. Is their eyesight fine? Would have preferred something more in line with a smaller 800D, not a coolermaster re-hash.

Speaking of switching cases. Yeah, I'm getting the 800D again just to do water-cooling. So my FT02 will be gone pretty soon.

Last edited:
At Omerta

How many times do you think you could reinvent a BOX. there are only so many subtle things you can do to it... give it brushed aluminum... ohh ahh...ooorr OHHH make the box BIGGER! Brilliant! or the never thought of... smaller box.

once you get past quality of cable management and actually smoothing edges to the point of not slicing open your finger it all boils down to taste... So you wont buy this? oh well, youll still go buy their other product that fits your taste.

At Omerta

How many times do you think you could reinvent a BOX. there are only so many subtle things you can do to it... give it brushed aluminum... ohh ahh...ooorr OHHH make the box BIGGER! Brilliant! or the never thought of... smaller box.

once you get past quality of cable management and actually smoothing edges to the point of not slicing open your finger it all boils down to taste... So you wont buy this? oh well, youll still go buy their other product that fits your taste.

There is plenty that can be done. Cable management isn't even where it should be at all with every single case in the market (but I won't go into detail). I actually have a couple ideas for what new features case manufacturers should be introducing. But I'm not gonna say them as I think they're brilliant and you'll never know when they'll come in handy in the business world, lol.

Lol... cant trust corsair with that knowledge... maybe you should try and sell it too them?

I do like it although I can see where others are coming from about the latches at the top of the case for the side panel. But one of the most popular mod cases the old Chieftec/Antec cases had HUGE latch on the side panel. So It's rather a moot point, I think the additional cable hole/gromets are placed very well and prolifically and the case didn't even look cluttered using a non-modular power supply. They could have cheated and used a modular one but they went non-modular so props on that.

Now,, all that said. I won't say whether i'll consider buying one or not till I see the Window/Mesh options that are going to be available for the side panel. Others have said why have all that cable routing if you can't see it.. Well... Airflow maybe? lol. But it definitely needs a window to show it all off.

Honestly, I like everything about it... except that weird "extra shell" you guys put around it. For some reason, it reminds me of the old Dell Dimension 8400 case I had. The interior and features and little details that I know are going to be in it make me want to wait for it to be released, but if that's the exterior, I'm probably going to go with something else. In fact, the exterior of the Raven 2 is what's making me iffy about it as well.

Honestly I just like plain simple looking elegant boxes. Too bad the 800D is far too massive (and pricey) for me at the moment.

How is it much better than the sniper exactly? Honestly, if I was running a company that sold cases, I'd never consider releasing a case that UGLY. Ugly looking mesh in the front. Ugly overall shape. Ugly levers on the side panels to open them (at least they were on the back with the 800D). There's plastic all over the place. I honestly think the case is utter trash compared to the 700D/800D. Looks like something coolermaster would churn out. It's just another negative air pressure case design that coolermaster has used before with the "cable management system" adopted from the 800D but the HAF 932 and other cases in its price bracket already have plenty holes for cable management. The HAF X at $189 is much better value. So what if it has USB 3.0 and room for a graphic card most people don't even have. All the new coolermaster cases will have 3.0 and plenty of room for cards, too. HAF 932 and the HAF 922 can fit the 5970. But you can remove a hard drive cage and have even more room for bigger cards in the future....GEE what a feature. But wait, if you still want to use those racks, you can put it next to your PSU on the bottom which will get in the way of cable management and sli/xfire. It was hilarious when they asked the guy in one video to show the features of the case. He pointed to the front fan filter (gee we've never seen that before) and the USB connections at the top--rofl.

I think the corsair people are on CRACK watching the videos. One of the guys in the video said that this is suppose to be better looking/sleeker than the 800D....what the hell? lol. Is their eyesight fine? Would have preferred something more in line with a smaller 800D, not a coolermaster re-hash.

Speaking of switching cases. Yeah, I'm getting the 800D again just to do water-cooling. So my FT02 will be gone pretty soon.

I think it's better than the Sniper because it doesn't have the Military ammo box look. The Sniper can fit a radiator internally though. I'm considering a 800D now also after seeing this and the TJ11 being far off.

I think it's better than the Sniper because it doesn't have the Military ammo box look. The Sniper can fit a radiator internally though. I'm considering a 800D now also after seeing this and the TJ11 being far off.

The Graphite 600T can fit the radiator internally, in the video he was showing where it fits as an example - the radiator fits inside the case once the top 200mm fan is removed.

Can we get the measurement for this case? That's a big factor for my buying decision since I have limited space under my desk.

Do the 5.25 bays have dust filters? Also, what are the specs on the fans (airflow and noise)? Thanks Redbeard!

I really like the features but like others have said, not too crazy about the exterior :(. I was hoping for more of a mini 800d.

The Graphite 600T can fit the radiator internally, in the video he was showing where it fits as an example - the radiator fits inside the case once the top 200mm fan is removed.

Well that makes it even better. As you can also see, we would like a mini 800D.
If it can be 20" or shorter and around $175 it would be a best seller hands down.
The 600T should be a great seller also. It needs a window like everyone else has said.

It does look like a Cosmos to me too, sorta. I don't think this case looks ugly but it really should have been a mid-tower version of the 800D, that's what people were expecting i think.

Do the 5.25 bays have dust filters? Also, what are the specs on the fans (airflow and noise)? Thanks Redbeard!

Yes, the 5.25" bays have dust filters integrated.

Fan specs are being finalized, we're still working on them. The goal is primarily to have good airflow/noise balance. There's an integrated fan controller to turn them up and down, but they're not finalized yet.

For those of you guys who want a mini 800D, we hear you. The #1 request after the 800D came out was for a cheaper or smaller version of it. We've launched a slightly cheaper version with the 700D, and we're looking into future products, but I can't say much more than that right now. Rest assured, we're not ignoring you.

Needs less 5.25" bays and more 3.5" bays.

Four 5.25" bays and six 3.5" bays (each of which accommodates SSDs as well) is the final count.

I think that's a good balance, but of course it's not perfect for everyone. My guess is that somebody with more than six hard drives probably won't typically be looking at mid-tower cases, but there are always exceptions.

Looks great. I love the fan speed control knob at the top and the 200mm fans, very cool. That said, I think I'd have preferred it if the exterior of the case followed look of the 800D with its flat surfaces, right angles, and lack of surface detail (ie - the holes in the front). Not only does it look good but it also sets Corsair's cases apart in the market. Nothing out there looks like an 800D. This kind of reminds me of a Coolermaster Cosmos.

I'm a huge fan of the 800D and the way it looks so it follows that I'd like the mid-tower to be similar. In any case, it still looks great, and I'm very happy to see Corsair apply its experience from making full tower cases towards making a mid-tower.

Yes, the 5.25" bays have dust filters integrated.

Fan specs are being finalized, we're still working on them. The goal is primarily to have good airflow/noise balance. There's an integrated fan controller to turn them up and down, but they're not finalized yet.

For those of you guys who want a mini 800D, we hear you. The #1 request after the 800D came out was for a cheaper or smaller version of it. We've launched a slightly cheaper version with the 700D, and we're looking into future products, but I can't say much more than that right now. Rest assured, we're not ignoring you.

Question for you Red, in terms of the 800D and it being a rather niche case, would you guys take a gamble on a segment like M-ATX or the M-ITX scene? Obviously there has been enough market for the 800D to have spawned the 700 and now this 600 series, what about going down to the 200-300's and we get some competition for Silverstone / Chenbro etc in the small form factor arena?

Back