Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Putting the two 200mm fans to intake does seem like it would help if you're running SLI video cards (at least until we get that new side panel), but like it's been mentioned before, the dust would be a big issue that way.

Anyone have any ideas for the best way to filter out dust if you turn the top 200mm fan to intake?

The top removable panel can have a very thin piece of black mesh added if you want additional filtering. I used to use something like THIS in my old Chieftec cases to filter dust for the 80mm fans. Should work fine in the top of the 600T, but you won't really need it that badly unless your house is very, very dusty.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Having to adjust the top fans in a case to achieve adequate cooling points to a design flaw. I'm bummed that all of Corsair's cases seem to have this problem. I love their designs, but I don't liquid cool.

Having to adjust the top fans in a case to achieve adequate cooling points to a design flaw. I'm bummed that all of Corsair's cases seem to have this problem. I love their designs, but I don't liquid cool.

You can get "adequate cooling" without adjusting any fans for most people. I tell people how you can get slightly better cooling for unique situations by adjusting the fan intake/exhaust and such.

I think that flexibility is an asset, not a hindrance.

Here is my 600t with a H50.

I am quite pleased with this. As you can see there is sufficient room in there for most anything. The only thing is that I am still trying to get used to the ammount of real estate that this thing takes up!! :eek: (not a complaint, but this thing is pretty damn big)

I was wondering... would there be any gains in swapping that top 200mm fan for 2 120mm fans?

Well done Corsair!!!!

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

Last edited:

I am quite pleased with this. As you can see there is sufficient room in there for most anything. The only thing is that I am still trying to get used to the ammount of real estate that this thing takes up!! :eek: (not a complaint, but this thing is pretty damn big)

I was wondering... would there be any gains in swapping that top 200mm fan for 2 120mm fans?

I was planning on picking up some more scythe gt's when they're available and testing out 2x 120mm on the top in different configs vs the 200mm stock fan. I'm also considering picking up a couple of the coolermaster 200mm fans to test against the stock ones as well. On a side note, the size of the case isn't that bad coming from an 800d!

I was wondering... would there be any gains in swapping that top 200mm fan for 2 120mm
I think it's more of a question of would there be any gains in swapping the existing 200mm fan for higher CPM fan(s). In other words if you swap in a pair of low noise low speed 120mm fans I don't think you would see much improvement in cooling. If you swapped in a pair of 120 mm high CPM fans, or a different 200mm fan that moves more air than the existing fan you could see a cooling improvement but that would likely come at the cost of more noise.

You can get "adequate cooling" without adjusting any fans for most people. I tell people how you can get slightly better cooling for unique situations by adjusting the fan intake/exhaust and such.

I think that flexibility is an asset, not a hindrance.

I wonder if using 2 GPU's in SLI that exhaust externally out the back of the case vs. using 2 GPU's in SLI that exhaust into the case would alter the equation. I could see reversing the top fan as an intake could improve cooling if you are using GPU's which exhaust externally (such as the EVGA GTX 460 1GB Superclocked EE) but would this arrangement hold true with a pair of GPU's that exhaust internally (such as the MSI 460 GTX 1GD5/OC). Not looking for a definitive answer, I just thought I'd throw it out there as a topic of conversation.

I wonder if using 2 GPU's in SLI that exhaust externally out the back of the case vs. using 2 GPU's in SLI that exhaust into the case would alter the equation. I could see reversing the top fan as an intake could improve cooling if you are using GPU's which exhaust externally (such as the EVGA GTX 460 1GB Superclocked EE) but would this arrangement hold true with a pair of GPU's that exhaust internally (such as the MSI 460 GTX 1GD5/OC). Not looking for a definitive answer, I just thought I'd throw it out there as a topic of conversation.

There are so many variants that it's impossible to test each of them. We set the case up for most users - but I'm pretty sure that anybody who builds their own PC (especially an SLI fermi system!) would probably want to experiment a bit on different configurations to see what works best for them.

After all, if one configuration worked best for everybody, this whole hobby would get pretty boring pretty quickly.

There are so many variants that it's impossible to test each of them. We set the case up for most users - but I'm pretty sure that anybody who builds their own PC (especially an SLI fermi system!) would probably want to experiment a bit on different configurations to see what works best for them.

After all, if one configuration worked best for everybody, this whole hobby would get pretty boring pretty quickly.

I agree that actual hands on experimentation yields more tangible results than debating the relative merits of set up A or set up B but then again if all our efforts were hands on these forums would get boring pretty quickly. Lol. Thanks again for representing Corsair on this forum.

On a completely different topic I noticed there is a Yellowbeard on the Corsair Forums. Is this your secret identity or a distant relation.

On a completely different topic I noticed there is a Yellowbeard on the Corsair Forums. Is this your secret identity or a distant relation.

Yellowbeard is Mike, our guy in Atlanta, GA. His main job is forums support and lab testing (or basement/garage testing as time permits).

I'm George, PM for Cases & Cooling, and I work at the Fremont, CA headquarters.

Blackbeard and Bluebeard also exist, they're European dudes who work for Corsair as reps and marketing guys, interfacing with customers, reviewers, etc.

We use the names because if somebody's job changes we want to be able to keep the reputation earned for customer service. As of now, I'm the only guy that's ever been Redbeard, but I might hand it off to somebody else one day. Kind of like a Dread Pirate Roberts type of thing.

I like the 600t. But the bigger the case the better! Whens the 900D coming out? :D

Last edited:
sorry if I missed it, but when are these supposed to hit stores? I think I read microcenter? thanks redbeards delight.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For those that have it, after the side panels are put on and locked, if you knock on the sides do you still get the uninsulated vibration 'buzz' with most cases that don't have lining?

just wondering since I still have not managed to find one out in retail yet.

mine sounds solid when knocking on the panels. The panels are fairly thick and heavy for a computer case..

Alright...I got a chance to look at the 600T for a little bit.

Aesthetics:
Definitely not the prettiest case in the world. But this is rather subjective anyway, but I'll go into it. The feet for the case are extremely ugly. It's a little bulky. The handles on the side panels are ugly. It's not really my style. But it's not as bad looking as I thought it'd be, and I certainly wouldn't call it ugly compared to the other cases on the market. Unlike Redbeard, however, I don't think dvd drives look good in it. But they hardly look good in most cases anyway.

Build Quality:

The build quality is very good outside of the HDD trays. The HDD trays flex to much for my liking, but they won't flex with the drives inside of them anyway. I kind of wish they'd use steel for their hdd trays and have them mounted similarly to the way all the new Lian Li HDD trays are mounted.

In some aspects, I believe, it surpasses 800D in build quality. The bottom filter of the 600T for the PSU is of much better quality than in the 800D and slides into the case in a more secure manner. Also there's not as much cheap plastic in the interior of the case as in the 800D. It also seems to me the side panels are stronger than the ones in the 800D.

Overall it is a really well built case despite having more plastic than most would like.

Thoughts on it overall:

It seems like a solid mid-tower case. It is slightly bigger than most mid-tower cases, but not much bigger like most are making it out to be. Cable management on it seems like it would be breeze on it, especially with all the room between the back of the mobo tray and the side panel. It looks like a case you can really just "throw together" and it'll look good and be organized without much effort. However, that combined with better build quality seems to be the only advantages it will have over most cases in its category.

Personally, if I were to change the case, I'd have try to make the air-cooling performance better. While yes, you can move the top HDD rack to the side for slightly better cooling, I think moving it right next to your PSU will make cable management tougher and kind of get in the way of the cable management and making it neat/clean. That brings me to something else I'd change. It's the same thing that annoyed me with the 800D. The cut-out hole for the cables of the PSU at the bottom just isn't big enough. I'd prefer if they'd just make it one big hole instead of dividing it into two holes as sometimes fitting a number of cables through the smaller two holes they provide can be annoying.

Considering people are already talking about flipping the top exhaust fan into an intake fan for better performance, Corsair should have filtered the top panel out of the box. It's something you can do yourself, but considering the price for this as a mid-tower, it should have been done out of the box.

I don't like the tool-less installation for the 5.25" drive bays on the 600T, and I don't like it on most cases. On the 600T, it's pretty cheap. It secures the drives by having some plastic out the back push against the drive. I don't see the point of this. It makes installing fan controllers and other accessories more of a hassle, and doesn't do as good a job as just screwing things in. Screwing it in isn't really all that tough in the first place.

Corsair also seemed to do a few things to sacrifice aesthetics for sake of making this case very utilitarian. In the end, I don't feel this trade off was worth it. Yes, the side panels are very easy to take off and on thanks to the handles on them, but they really do interfere with the aesthetics. And there are no interior filters or anything of that sort to clean out, so I feel making them easy to take on and off wasn't really justified as most people won't be opening their case enough to justify it. The handles they tried to discreetly provide also interfere with the whole look of the case, and I feel people won't really be picking up their computer all that much to justify it.

But overall, it's a good case, but I do believe more effort should have been focused on increasing the performance and bettering the aesthetics of the case over making it easier to build in as most recent cases from coolermaster and the likes are already easy enough to build in. The build quality is very good and it's a solid case. But like I originally thought, the 600T really hasn't out-innovated the other mid-tower cases on the market. It's mariginally to very slightly easier to build in compared to the newer cases coolermaster/antec are churning out and has better quality than most cases in its price range, but it is out-performed by other cases in its price range. And I think being able to fit a dual rad in this case is an afterthought considering a dual rad will likely interfere with the mounting of a single rad at the rear of the case. This case is a kind of a jack of all trades kind of case. It doesn't provide the best air-cooling, but it can provide decent air-cooling. It doesn't provide the best water-cooling capability, but it can provide decent water-cooling capability with some work. It's easy to build in and easy to carry around, but the same can be said for a plethora of other cases on the market.

Personally, if I was corsair, and considering this is a mid-tower, I'd have focused on simply making the air-cooling as best as possible while taking noise into consideration (similar to how silverstone has done with the raven or fortress) and forgetting about trying to make water-cooling a feature of this case. It's a mid-tower and there's just not gonna be enough room for the type of hardcore water-cooling most would like in a water-cooled system. I'd have placed aesthetics over it being slightly better to build in compared to other cases. And I'd have changed a few other minor things that I spoke of earlier. Overall, I think Corsair did a very good job in trying to make this an all-purpose case that is very easy to build in while limiting noise, so if that was their goal, they accomplished it, outside of a few minor build quality things/annoyances I personally mentioned earlier in the post.

Considering what Corsair was trying to accomplish with the case, I'd give it an 8/10, and I'd consider it one of the best mid-tower cases on the market thanks to its build quality and ease of use.

Last edited:
Alright...I got a chance to look at the 600T for a little bit.

Considering what Corsair was trying to accomplish with the case, I'd give it an 8/10, and I'd consider it one of the best mid-tower cases on the market thanks to its build quality and ease of use.

Thanks for your input. I'll take it under advisement for future products - we've always got stuff in the works, with some of them it's early enough that they can be modified based on the feedback of our other products.

The feet for the case are extremely ugly.
Priceless.

Added 10/1 - on rereading my reply I realize it may come off a bit snarky. That was not my intent. Though I can't say I agree with all of Omerta's observations, he brought up some valid points, and at the end of the day aesthetics are subjective, and Omerta was simply expressing his (or her?) opinion on the looks of the case. I just found the concept of the asthetic value of a cases feet rather amusing.

Last edited:
Ugly case feet? I definitely prefer having wheels for my cases now. So simple yet makes life so much easier! :D

wall-o-text
I don't own the 600T, and I do prefer the "boxy" look of the 800D, but I think Corsair has done a pretty great job of making a function-first case that still looks pretty good. The handles and side panel latches and tool-less hardware clearly indicate this is a case for people who want a case that is easy to work with over all else. I think they've done a great job of that. Yes, they had to "sacrifice" a bit of aesthetics but I feel that the trade is worth it for those who want a case that is utilitarian. I think the 600T looks a hell of a lot better than the Lanboy Air, which also focuses on function. edit: I mean to say that the LBA focuses on function and completely throws aesthetics to the wind and IMO looks terrible. If you want a case that is focused on looks... well there are already plenty of those on the market, not to mention modding.

Last edited:
[S];1036245470 said:
yeah I wish I looked last night! still, pre-order ...

On the otherhand, until Amazon starts shipping these things out their price is kind of academic. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazons price drops back down again, you might want to check their site now and again.

I have now had my 600T and H50 for about two weeks. I wanted to pass on some observations that might be useful to both Corsair and other users.

600T
The plastic locks on the side of the external drive trays do not work as well as I would have liked them two. They will not snap into the locked position for either my Plextor or Asus optical drives, even though they are exactly positioned (the screw holes and front escutcheon align perfectly). The lock did snap locked for a removable hard drive tray but the tray is not as well secured as I would like. I can feel a little movement if I push or pull on it, as when inserting or removing a removable drive. Additionally, the back of the plastic lock assemblies end just at the edge of a screw hole, leaving no room for the head of a screw. Even though a screw should not be needed, when the devices do not lock tightly a screw is an alternative to secure the devices.

H50
I installed the H50 using the factory applied thermal compound. Although my instincts told me the compound was too sparsely and unevenly applied, I used it anyhow. I noticed my CPU core temps, albeit very reasonable, were higher than expected. I just removed the H50 and saw there was not sufficient coverage; A lot of bare metal was visible on both the CPU and H50. I did not clean off the factory compound (maybe I should have) and applied a dab of AS5. The core temps, under 100% load, are now about 5 to 10 degrees cooler and a few degrees cooler at idle. At this time Prime has been running for a little over 30 minutes and core temps appear to have stabilized at 115 degrees F. Previously they were bumping up to the high to mid 120s.

I am very happy with both the 600T and H50. They are both excellent products, high quality, well designed, and, in my opinion, good value for the cost.

Amazon now shows "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months." I have not received my shipping email for my pre-order. What does this mean?

I have now had my 600T and H50 for about two weeks. I wanted to pass on some observations that might be useful to both Corsair and other users.

600T
The plastic locks on the side of the external drive trays do not work as well as I would have liked them two. They will not snap into the locked position for either my Plextor or Asus optical drives, even though they are exactly positioned (the screw holes and front escutcheon align perfectly). The lock did snap locked for a removable hard drive tray but the tray is not as well secured as I would like. I can feel a little movement if I push or pull on it, as when inserting or removing a removable drive. Additionally, the back of the plastic lock assemblies end just at the edge of a screw hole, leaving no room for the head of a screw. Even though a screw should not be needed, when the devices do not lock tightly a screw is an alternative to secure the devices.

The work around I found for now until they redesign this is to just pull the plastic lock thingy off completely. Mount in your drives, etc with screws and then snap the plastic locks back into place. I found doing it this way would "lock" them into position. mainly only had this issue with an Antec hot swap bay. My optical drive loced in right away.

Amazon now shows "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months." I have not received my shipping email for my pre-order. What does this mean?

I gave up with my two pre-orders from August 11th and ordered through Newegg. Yes it cost more but have been enjoying my cases for awhile now.

So I got my case on Wednesday and put my build together, and I've gotta say I really do like the case compared to my 4 year old Lian-Li. A mesh side panel will be great though to help with temps, which I'm really looking forward to. (Hopefully it won't be too costly).

My one gripe about the case though is that while the plastic IS very strong and sturdy, I'm just not sure how durable it is. The front plastic piece came with a little noticeable dent/scratch right on the top edge almost dead center to the case, which does stand out a bit, and it's really bugging me. What would my options be for getting this fixed? Would I have to send the whole case back?

Latest from Amazon= "Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Gaming Case CC600T"
Estimated arrival date: October 27 2010 - November 10 2010:(

I just got an estimated delivery date from Amazon of Oct 26 to Nov 9. At least it gives me some time to read some more reviews and decide if the case is living up to it's promise.

Damn Wtf. My estimate from Amazon is from Nov 1 - Nov 17. What were your pre-order dates? Mine was Aug 27.

Last time amazon told me an estimated 1-2 months, my plasma tv was here in 5 days, so let's hope.

Damn Wtf. My estimate from Amazon is from Nov 1 - Nov 17. What were your pre-order dates? Mine was Aug 27.

Last time amazon told me an estimated 1-2 months, my plasma tv was here in 5 days, so let's hope.

August 10th I think.

There hope it won't be much longer, but then again that's what I though 3 weeks ago.

I think you guys are misunderstanding the tool-less bays. They aren't locked when pushed down, you push them down to release the lock and get the thing out. My bays are working great, they keep my dvd drive right in the perfect place and it doesn't wiggle at all.

I think you guys are misunderstanding the tool-less bays. They aren't locked when pushed down, you push them down to release the lock and get the thing out. My bays are working great, they keep my dvd drive right in the perfect place and it doesn't wiggle at all.

I know exactly what you are saying and somethings just don't like them. My Sony DVD snaps in perfect. The little lever pops out when it is engaged. However, with some items like my Antec hot swap bay it will not even go in with the tool-less lever installed. It hits the little trigger torwards the rear of the lever and stops instead of popping into place. Only way to install it was to remove the leverl and then snap it back into place.

I know exactly what you are saying and somethings just don't like them. My Sony DVD snaps in perfect. The little lever pops out when it is engaged. However, with some items like my Antec hot swap bay it will not even go in with the tool-less lever installed. It hits the little trigger torwards the rear of the lever and stops instead of popping into place. Only way to install it was to remove the leverl and then snap it back into place.

Out of curiosity is there anything you can see in construction of the Antec Hotswap bay that differs from the Sony drive and might explain why one works and the other does not? Is it possible that the Antec HS bay is designed to work with Antec cases and differs somewhat from a standard 5.25" devise?

I don't buy anything from Amazon until it's in stock, no matter what the price is.
Doesn't make sense for a person to wait weeks for something that's already available elsewhere.
Microcenter is a good place to start. $20-30 difference is not going to make anyone go hungry.

I don't buy anything from Amazon until it's in stock, no matter what the price is.
Doesn't make sense for a person to wait weeks for something that's already available elsewhere.
Microcenter is a good place to start. $20-30 difference is not going to make anyone go hungry.

At the time I placed my preorder the case was not available anywhere. A few weeks later Newegg also had it available for preorder but at a higher price. Niether site said when be shipping the case only that it was available for preorder. Somewhere along the line Redbeard let us know NewEgg would likely get them first but couldn't elaborate on how much sooner it would be than anyone else. I thought about canceling my Amazon order when Newegg started shipping but figured Amazon shouldn't be more than a week or two behind Newegg. I don't have a compelling reason to be the first on the block with the case , and decided I'd rather save the $40. I've preordered from Amazon before and all of my previous pre-orders came through pretty quickly after the product was release. Your comment that "no one goes hungry for $20-30" misses that point that some of us can not justify the extra cost, regardless of that cost. I'm not really following why you linked to Microcenter as the 600t's not available on their site.

Back