Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Very, very cool case, Redbeard. I'm happy with my 800D "Prime" model, but I was wondering if you'd be selling any "upgrades" for it, perchance, such as a USB 3.0 front panel etc... I'm sure as you design new features for subsequent cases, many of us would be happy to buy these little "upgrades" and install them ourselves.

Oh, any chance of a comprehensive Corsair LCD (color?), 5-6 fan, speed/temp (with removable probes to minimize clutter) etc.. fan controller? The fan controller market these days has a couple of bright points, but it would would seem a prime item for Corsair to develop for enthusiasts who purchase your cases - many of us have multi-fan air and water cooled systems, and "cheap chinese crap" just doesn't cut it!

Very, very cool case, Redbeard. I'm happy with my 800D "Prime" model, but I was wondering if you'd be selling any "upgrades" for it, perchance, such as a USB 3.0 front panel etc... I'm sure as you design new features for subsequent cases, many of us would be happy to buy these little "upgrades" and install them ourselves.

Oh, any chance of a comprehensive Corsair LCD (color?), 5-6 fan, speed/temp (with removable probes to minimize clutter) etc.. fan controller? The fan controller market these days has a couple of bright points, but it would would seem a prime item for Corsair to develop for enthusiasts who purchase your cases - many of us have multi-fan air and water cooled systems, and "cheap chinese crap" just doesn't cut it!

Sorry man, I can't really comment on unannounced products. But we've looked at and considered just about all of those things at one time or another. Some look good, some, not so good.

Some are obviously going to happen at some point or another. :)

Are you serious? You wouldn't need to spec every single cable in order to better organize cables behind the mobo tray. Be creative and think about it for a second instead of simply saying only OEMs can do it.

I make my living in a highly creative field so no problem there, but you specifically mentioned NO cables being visible behind the mobo tray with the side panel off. It can be done sure, but there will be a tradeoff that could include an increase in size, or chassis cost or some such. Hence why I said that sorta thing is the domain of OEMs.

Cable management isn't even where it should be at all with every single case in the market (but I won't go into detail). I actually have a couple ideas for what new features case manufacturers should be introducing. But I'm not gonna say them as I think they're brilliant and you'll never know when they'll come in handy in the business world, lol.
Ideas are useless unless you act on them. If you truly believe your idea is "brilliant", DO something with it.

I make my living in a highly creative field so no problem there, but you specifically mentioned NO cables being visible behind the mobo tray with the side panel off. It can be done sure, but there will be a tradeoff that could include an increase in size, or chassis cost or some such. Hence why I said that sorta thing is the domain of OEMs.

yeah it would increase the cost of producing it.

Ideas are useless unless you act on them. If you truly believe your idea is "brilliant", DO something with it.

Ok. I just created a case company with all the money I have. The case will be on the market in 2 weeks.

loved my 800d but after going to an matx cube, i dont see myself ever going back to a tower setup

would be nice to see a corsair spin on something like the lian li v351 with corsair touches...the 6 screws per side panel alone would have me buy one with a latch system

I actually like the overall look of the 600T, now that I'm able to see all the images.

edit: across the lineup, what do the letters in the models mean? D? T?

I actually like the overall look of the 600T, now that I'm able to see all the images.

D is the identifier for Obsidian line.
T is the identifier for the Graphite line.

I agree, it does look better on corsair's site now that they put up all the pics. But the colors of it certainly do change in very bright lighting based on the vids/photos I've seen.

I think I was originally too harsh on the case. From a functionality standpoint, it's a good case for the price, and it at least doesn't look like a case from outer-space. However my disappointment with it has to do with the fact that the case is something we've seen before. It's really bringing nothing new to the table. This is beating a dead horse, but a midtower 600D with some new functionality/features would have been more innovative. But the case will sell well because of the Corsair brand name. If nzxt released this same case, I don't think it sells as well.

In the end though, Corsair is obviously the company that knows best what enthusiasts want. Silverstone, Lian Li, etc don't really compare in their ability to understand what people want.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll release a dual rad h50 if this case sells well, as it'll work with this case and both their obsidian cases. Apple sort of does the same thing with one of their monitors. They have a 24" H-IPS monitor with LED backlighting, and they sell it for $900. Any other company would sell it for $1200-$1400. It's just kind of one of the perks of owning an macbook if you want a very high quality monitor to go with your macbook at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I agree, it does look better on corsair's site now that they put up all the pics. But the colors of it certainly do change in very bright lighting based on the vids/photos I've seen.

Yeah, part of it is the dramatic lighting used for the images, but in real life it's a dark metallic gray. Very similar to the metallic dark grey you'd see on a car.

We design cases from the inside out, so we try to determine the feature set and necessary functionality for the case, then we come up with designs that can be modified to meet the final functions.

Once you actually see a 600T in-person, a lot of your questions will be answered. It's very, very functional. Compared to other cases in its price point, it's hard to put a finger on why ours is better until you put a system together with one. I've built with just about every major case at one point or another over the past few years - and this one is second only to the Obsidian 700D/800D when it comes to ease of putting a system together and routing cables neatly.

But I'll wait until you guys start buying them and posting them in the case mods forum here. :D

Four 5.25" bays and six 3.5" bays (each of which accommodates SSDs as well) is the final count.

I think that's a good balance, but of course it's not perfect for everyone. My guess is that somebody with more than six hard drives probably won't typically be looking at mid-tower cases, but there are always exceptions.

not sure if this has been asked, I may have just overlooked it, but will there be a 5.25 to 3.5" bay converter, for say a media card reader?

the interior looks like more of a mix of the storm sniper with the cm690ii's removable drive cage, the only real upgrade over them being the larger mobo access hole on the 600t (the one on the coolermasters are somewhat small and don't give proper access to all boards). looks decent, but for a $50~75 increase in price it just doesn't really seem worth it considering cheaper mid-tower cases are starting to show more and more high-end features.

Will I be able to mount two 120 fans vertically on the drive cage? I have always wanted to do that and the drive cage on the 600T looks like it can.

What is left to finalize ?
Late Summer is : Back-to-the-school (Mid-Late August) or later ? is about availability on the market or only the start shipping for the Far Est so 4 more weeks (and Late September) for the ships to arrive here in Europe ?

What is left to finalize ?
Late Summer is : Back-to-the-school (Mid-Late August) or later ? is about availability on the market or only the start shipping for the Far Est so 4 more weeks (and Late September) for the ships to arrive here in Europe ?

This case was a pre-tooling model, with largely rough pieces. The tooling is being finalized right now, that takes some time.

Now that I have looked at it a little more it is sort of growing on me. I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out and I see more actual builds.

Does the top fan have a filter or is it used for exhaust? I would like it to be used as an intake for positive pressure, so it would need a filter.

Corsair is making a 1200Watt PSU now?

The case is cool looking too.

Does the top fan have a filter or is it used for exhaust? I would like it to be used as an intake for positive pressure, so it would need a filter.

It won't come with a filter as it's designed to be exhaust. You could, however, cut a piece of black pantyhose or nylon to make it fit, as it's made with a plastic skeleton and a metal frame over it that can be removed, so it's easily modifiable.

Design a midtower 800D and I'll buy 2.

I am not really digging the looks of the new case. I reminds me of the sniper, which I also do not like.

Last edited:
Hey Redbeard we ever going to see a 2x120 cooler like the H50?

Redbeard,

According to the Bit-Tech review, the upper hard disk cage is movable to accommodate larger video cards. Will we be able to buy another cage from Corsair to expand the available 3.5" bays?

Looking at the linked image below, it looks by my guesstimate that it would be possible (with that ATX mobo) to have 2 stacks of 6 x 3.5" bays for a possible 12 hard disk capacity. If I went with a micro-ATX mobo, I can imagine there being abundant enough space for more. My goal here is a really dense mid-tower server. Any comment?

edit: Looking at the Corsair site imagery, with the 3.5" bays actually flush to the rear of the 5.25" bays, the limit of cages I could install seems to be the height of the case itself (maybe 18 x 3.5" bays in total)! Awesome, awesome, awesome, if possible! :p

Image in question.

Last edited:
the interior looks like more of a mix of the storm sniper with the cm690ii's removable drive cage, the only real upgrade over them being the larger mobo access hole on the 600t (the one on the coolermasters are somewhat small and don't give proper access to all boards). looks decent, but for a $50~75 increase in price it just doesn't really seem worth it considering cheaper mid-tower cases are starting to show more and more high-end features.

Definitely a lot of great competition in the case market. I wish I could buy a combination of features/styling from Lian Li/Corsair/Antec/Silverstone/CM. Since Corsair moves a smaller volume of case products than Cooler Master, I would expect CM to gain an advantage on price. But for me, the Sniper is missing a few key ingredients with the most notable being DUST FILTERS. For many people, filters don't matter since they only dust once or twice every few months, but in my house, we dust 1-2x a week since we leave all our windows open most of the year. The ease-of-use of the 600t's filters looks fantastic, although the actual filter screen looks like junk versus a quality fabric/metal mesh/screen.

A lot of the more interesting cases coming out over the past ~2 years have had a combination of features that give the case broader market appeal. The CM 690 II is definitely in that vein. Difference though is if Corsair made they 690 II Advance, I'd guess the case would cost closer to $170 since, again, they don't move enough volume yet and can't swap parts between various chassis designs to minimize cost. Give 'em a few years worth of sales though and I'd expect that to change just like it did with Lian Li and CM. Downside of lower prices/more mainstream sales though is that, IMO, Cooler Master cases don't have the same degree of build quality they used to. Not bad, just not top notch like they used to be.

yeah it would increase the cost of producing it.
Correct. Now how many people do you think care about making all cable routing behind the mobo invisible when the right side panel is taken off? You might, and I'm sure there are others, but it's gotta be a very small minority of the already niche case market. If this case was a $200+ high-end model I wouldn't disagree with your rationale, but the 600t's target audience is clearly the midrange enthusiast who will breach the $100 price point, but probably wouldn't go anywhere near the $200+ market. The 600t is already more expensive than its competition, adding in features that raise the price further might make it stand out, but they need to have broad appeal or it's just wasted money like when companies add in multiple internal hot-swap bays that few people will actually use.

Ok. I just created a case company with all the money I have. The case will be on the market in 2 weeks.
You're the one who brought up your "brilliant" idea. If you want it off topic or can't take criticism about it, don't put it on the table. I'm not trying to be antagonistic. Hopefully you're merely being sarcastic instead of snide/defensive.

Correct. Now how many people do you think care about making all cable routing behind the mobo invisible when the right side panel is taken off? You might, and I'm sure there are others, but it's gotta be a very small minority of the already niche case market. If this case was a $200+ high-end model I wouldn't disagree with your rationale, but the 600t's target audience is clearly the midrange enthusiast who will breach the $100 price point, but probably wouldn't go anywhere near the $200+ market. The 600t is already more expensive than its competition, adding in features that raise the price further might make it stand out, but they need to have broad appeal or it's just wasted money like when companies add in multiple internal hot-swap bays that few people will actually use.

Actually, I doubt it. I think the obsidian line is "higher end" than the graphite line. I'd imagine the 600D being $200, which would be fine if it has all the features we think it should have. They can also update the 800D and 700D with such a feature in the future. Also would not be surprised to see the 600T drop in price after some time.

You're the one who brought up your "brilliant" idea. If you want it off topic or can't take criticism about it, don't put it on the table. I'm not trying to be antagonistic. Hopefully you're merely being sarcastic instead of snide/defensive.

I said I had some brilliant ideas, I think (in my opinion). I never listed what they were, as I said I wouldn't. Forgot where I said that telling corsair to find a way to better organize cables behind the mobo tray was one of my ideas? I simply suggested it among other things, and for some reason it ignited something within you.

As far as my comment, take it for what it is suppose to be. It's pretty obvious what it is.

I think it looks better than any other mid ATX tower I've seen. My Cooler Master Centurion 5 is getting too cramped and will only be worse when I decide to go Crossfire. Now I'm torn, 600T or 800D... :/

Readbeard

The Front panel USB ports needs more space between them. Larger USB devices like wireless mouse receivers and flash drives will block the other ports. This will surely lose points with the reviewers and users out there.

Sorry if it has been ask before but does Corsair has any plan for a mATX version?

Perhaps maybe even a mini itx?

Readbeard

The Front panel USB ports needs more space between them. Larger USB devices like wireless mouse receivers and flash drives will block the other ports. This will surely lose points with the reviewers and users out there.

how would you know? There's no difference in spacing between the usb ports on the front panel and the usb spacing on a motherboard's i/o.

how would you know? There's no difference in spacing between the usb ports on the front panel and the usb spacing on a motherboard's i/o.

If you look at all the newer cases, most of them have spaced USB ports. I have an older computer with USB ports close together and I can't put to devices in without squeezing them together. Imagine 4 USBs all squeezed together. I've seen multiple reviewers point this out on other cases, it's not just my opinion. The Sniper has 4 spaced USB ports for a reason and was heavily based on gamer feedback. It may not make sense to you, but the rear I/O ports has nothing to do with the front I/O panel. Ports in the back of the PC are rarely changed out and are usually in pairs rather than all of them side by side.

If you look at all the newer cases, most of them have spaced USB ports. I have an older computer with USB ports close together and I can't put to devices in without squeezing them together. Imagine 4 USBs all squeezed together. I've seen multiple reviewers point this out on other cases, it's not just my opinion. The Sniper has 4 spaced USB ports for a reason and was heavily based on gamer feedback. It may not make sense to you, but the rear I/O ports has nothing to do with the front I/O panel. Ports in the back of the PC are rarely changed out and are usually in pairs rather than all of them side by side.

can't really imagine a scenario in which all would be used anyway. And I would never permanently leave a usb dongle attached to the front of my case. It just makes it look ugly. For me, it's hardly a big deal. Even in your old computer, like you said, you still manage to fit them all together by "squeezing" them or whatever that means. Probably same thing with the 600t. I don't think Corsair would blindly just make them so close to the point things would not fit and not realize it.

Redbeard,

I know you had said time frame was end of summer for release on the 600T. So maybe there is enough time to add the ability to use a triple radiator with this? It looks to me like there is enough room. First thing I would do is mod that, but it would be super duper awesomely fantastic if Corsair shipped it that way and I didn't have to cut up a fantastic looking case. I like the curves and I like the sleekness of it. Disregard all the haters in this thread. Anyways, here is what I am thinking, there is a lot of room there for another hole to accommodate a third 120mm fan for a triple radiator setup - see red rectangle below :).

Thanks,
Josh

360Rad.jpg

The styling is very nice and clean. I like the integrated 4-channel fan controller.

Real plus right there!

I also like the fact that the top HDD cage can be removed and relocated next to the bottom one so I don't lose expansion options.

Will Corsair sell that top HDD case as a spare, so someone could add an additional HDD case, for nine HDDs? :eek:

If it comes with a side window at the $150 price point, then you'd have a taker right here!

I like it as it is, because if I was going to get an 800D, I would have to buy the optional solid side panel.

Redbeard,

I know you had said time frame was end of summer for release on the 600T. So maybe there is enough time to add the ability to use a triple radiator with this? It looks to me like there is enough room. First thing I would do is mod that, but it would be super duper awesomely fantastic if Corsair shipped it that way and I didn't have to cut up a fantastic looking case. I like the curves and I like the sleekness of it. Disregard all the haters in this thread. Anyways, here is what I am thinking, there is a lot of room there for another hole to accommodate a third 120mm fan for a triple radiator setup - see red rectangle below :).

Thanks,
Josh

Sorry Josh, not enough room there. It looks promising from the photos but there's just not enough room on the top of the case for a triple rad without significant modification to the front panel.

For triple rads, the Obsidian 700D or 800D are your best bet.

One thing I just can't get past on most of the top running cases now (not considering my V1000 and the aluminum silverstones) is the super cheesy plastic/rubber diaphragms(?) for the cable pass through(s). Just really makes the case look cheap.

Redbeard,

According to the Bit-Tech review, the upper hard disk cage is movable to accommodate larger video cards. Will we be able to buy another cage from Corsair to expand the available 3.5" bays?

Looking at the linked image below, it looks by my guesstimate that it would be possible (with that ATX mobo) to have 2 stacks of 6 x 3.5" bays for a possible 12 hard disk capacity. If I went with a micro-ATX mobo, I can imagine there being abundant enough space for more. My goal here is a really dense mid-tower server. Any comment?

edit: Looking at the Corsair site imagery, with the 3.5" bays actually flush to the rear of the 5.25" bays, the limit of cages I could install seems to be the height of the case itself (maybe 18 x 3.5" bays in total)! Awesome, awesome, awesome, if possible! :p

Image in question.

It would be possible but it would likely be blocked by video cards or other motherboard components.

Back