Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Question for you Red, in terms of the 800D and it being a rather niche case, would you guys take a gamble on a segment like M-ATX or the M-ITX scene? Obviously there has been enough market for the 800D to have spawned the 700 and now this 600 series, what about going down to the 200-300's and we get some competition for Silverstone / Chenbro etc in the small form factor arena?

I'm not corsair, but I just have a feeling they wouldn't be interested in a market like that.

Anyway, I also got a feeling we MIGHT be seeing a dual-rad h50 if the 600T sells well.

Not really liking the bulbous look.

If there were a smaller 800d...like a big mid tower that cold hold a 3unit rad. There's so much extra space in the 800d...it's gotta be doable.

I'm looking at the cool master 840 right now. Now if I could get that without all the extra space, plus corsairs grommets and slickness, but still able to hold a 3 unit rad, that's what I'd buy.

They are rebooting some of their cases to include things like grommets...So I guess personally, whether I get a corsair or a CM depends on when they reboot the 840..if at all.

Last edited:
Question for you Red, in terms of the 800D and it being a rather niche case, would you guys take a gamble on a segment like M-ATX or the M-ITX scene? Obviously there has been enough market for the 800D to have spawned the 700 and now this 600 series, what about going down to the 200-300's and we get some competition for Silverstone / Chenbro etc in the small form factor arena?

Well ideally it's going to be broken down by family.

Obsidian Series - 800D / 700D
Graphite Series - 600T

We are keeping our options open in both directions for both families, and we're always looking at expanding the families, too. But sales have to justify it. HTPC cases, for example, sell in tiny, tiny quantities, but there seem to be tons of them on the market. Why? Somebody thinks it's a good idea and there will eventually be a rush on them.

That being said, it's possible there might be an Obsidian 900D or 600D, it's possible there might be a Graphite 700T or 500T, and it's possible there might be a third or fourth family, in time.

These things are all on the table - we have ruled nothing out.

If there are enough people that want to buy something, we'll try and make it.

My job is to ask you what you want to buy, then build it and sell it to you.

The reason I'm here is to get the answers, but that's just part of my job.

Obviously there has been enough market for the 800D to have spawned the 700 and now this 600 series, what about going down to the 200-300's and we get some competition for Silverstone / Chenbro etc in the small form factor arena?

I would most definitely be interested in an HTPC style case that could fit in a home theater rack (approximately 17" wide by 8" high). Silverstone is the only company I know that makes decent ones. In any case, something like this from Corsair would be amazing, the only question is if the market for such a case is big enough to justify producing them.

Four 5.25" bays and six 3.5" bays (each of which accommodates SSDs as well) is the final count.

I think that's a good balance, but of course it's not perfect for everyone. My guess is that somebody with more than six hard drives probably won't typically be looking at mid-tower cases, but there are always exceptions.

My intended use would be a mid-tower home server; it's kind of niche, but who uses 4 optical drives, outside of niche circles? :p Yeah, there's fan controllers, but one already exists at the top of the case. I'm pressed to find a competitor to the Fractal R2, for example.

Obviously it all depends on potential sales to justify the cost of bringing something to market, but I see that area growing more each year, albeit slowly.

I might as well ask here, does anyone know a good solution to get more of the tiny black flat head screws that the 800D's hotswap doors are affixed to the 'holder' pin brackets with? They're almost like the type of screws you'd get in a SSD mounting kit, but I've realized that my hot-swap door is missing two of them somehow, and I can't find anything in my random years of screw collection bin that will fit and sit flush.

^ Have you tried Dell laptop screws from the past couple of years?

Personally, what I'd like, but I'm sure others would like too.

-Smaller 800D that can still take a triple rad.
-A smaller 800D with better airflow if one were to also go that route.
-a better fan filter system than in the 800D--for both the top and bottom with a better way of accessing them.
-optical bay drive covers. For example, just look at the 600T. Black optical drives are gonna look hideous with that grayish mesh.
-Ditch the sata hot-swap to keep the price reasonable if necessary. Really not a necessary feature.
-a way to better organize cables BEHIND the motherboard tray without just having to zip-tie everything and guessing if the side panel will fit in. Look at the Mac Pro. You don't see cables ANYWHERE, even with the side panel behind the mobo tray taken off.
-Also try to keep the weight down if possible.

The 800D exterior in a smaller package with the features above would be sexy.

Last edited:
I would most definitely be interested in an HTPC style case that could fit in a home theater rack (approximately 17" wide by 8" high). Silverstone is the only company I know that makes decent ones. In any case, something like this from Corsair would be amazing, the only question is if the market for such a case is big enough to justify producing them.

Micro-ATX desktop case inheriting the look of the 800D? Count me in! :D

That being said, it's possible there might be an Obsidian 900D or 600D, it's possible there might be a Graphite 700T or 500T, and it's possible there might be a third or fourth family, in time.

These things are all on the table - we have ruled nothing out.

If there are enough people that want to buy something, we'll try and make it.

All Aluminum 900D. I bought the 800D to support your case building efforts, now go build an all aluminum version.

redbeard has already said an all aluminum 900D will never happen

I know and I keep bugging him anyway, even if it doesn't do any good, at least I'm persistant and Corsair knows what I'm looking for. Oh, and it needs to be large enough to house an SR-2. Otherwise I'm going to have to go with Coolermasters option or hack up my Rocketfish.

-optical bay drive covers. For example, just look at the 600T. Black optical drives are gonna look hideous with that grayish mesh.

All the other things are noted - but I wanted to address this - the 600T mesh area in the front is flat black, so black optical drives look fine there.

We will look into optical drive bay covers, though.

When can we expect some more pics of this case? I kinda like what little I have seen.

I'd REALLY love to see more options for internal radiator placement. Kinda like u can put another dual rad at the bottom of the CM 690 II. A triple up top would be perfect but with the case size you might end up blocking 5.25 bays. The option of another internal double really appeals to me as i'm not into going HUGE on my case, which IMO the 800D and other cases of that size are too big. I've got plans to cut open my current sucky case to handle another dual rad, but my next build will probly be next year with a new case.

Oh, thanks sneaky. I don't like it as much now... lol. I agree with your appraisal of it.

Looks a bit like an "average consumer" case from dell...outside looks a little cheap and..plasticy...not a sleek high end case (for its size)...like I associate with the 800d.

I second a smaller version of the 800D, preferably the 700D since I need no hot-swap abilities. Time will tell if we see another mid-tower from Corsair!

Lose the latches, make it black and a bit classier looking and a sliding motherboard tray.

Looking at this case closer, I'm starting to like it. Especially the side lift releases, which make it look more like a workstation tower. I would have liked some sort of cover for the front panel connections.

Also, are both HDD cages removable, or just the top? Are those screws or rivets holding the second one in place? And are there 120mm holes somewhere behind the intake fan, somewhat like what the top has in place for fan/rad mounting?

Redbeard, does the $150 price include the windowed or mesh side panel or will they be available separately at an additional cost?

It would be nice if the price included a windowed side panel. There are a lot of cases in the same price range as the 600T that includes windowed/meshed side panels.

I like it, But at this time, the depth is a serious issue with monster video card even on mainstream, towering CPU HS, Mid-tower should only be shorter that full-tower, not even less depth, less width.
I think that 3 5"1/4 bays is the right compromise in 2010 mid-tower: 2 optical driver, 1 for music /video bay/rheobus.
6-7 slot 3"1/2 are more usefull, with multiple HD raids/SSD boot driver so popular.
I Like also the 600D idea.
I like the idea of a silent mid-tower in the future.
Corsair is about speed but A lot people are even more concerned about acoustic performance.

Also:
It's time to implement also SSI EEB 3.61, the E-ATX is dead, is nearly useless today.
E-ATX and SSI EEB 3.61 share the same physical size so should be fair easy to fix, all the latest 2-sockets mobo are compatible only with SSI EEB.
in a $250-$300 Full Tower should be possible install a dual socket Mobo at least.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree lose the latches. Redbeard...beat someone in design for some matx luv GOOOOOo smaller please.

I actually really like the rubber pieces you guys put into the cable cutouts. They hide the power supply cables so well and that little touch makes the case look a whole lot nicer. I really wish other manufacturers would start implementing it as well.

But other than that, I agree that this is just a Sniper with a solid side panel and minus the side fan.

Yeah I think many of us want just an elegant case with minimal flashy and tacky design. The 800D sets itself apart because of its boxy look and well thoughtout interior design. If we can just get a 600D with the same boxy design that knocks down 3 inches on both height and depth, maybe make the middle drive cage removable (to accommodate long video cards), price it at $150-$200 range, I think that's going to be a hot selling case. I will definitely buy that.

I don't like the exterior looks of the 600T including the top ports and fan controller and it looks like it will have only average cooling potential. I just bought the Silverstone FT02 here a couple weeks ago and I've been keeping my eye out for a better case to come along this summer but I haven't seen one worth upgrading to yet.

There is a new Cooler Master SR-2 case in the works that is the replacement to the ATCS 840 that I sort of like the exterior look of but who knows what they will do with the interior. If it doesn't have a black interior and sports a lot of cheap plastic parts I'll probably pass.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/8175/

I don't like the exterior looks of the 600T including the top ports and fan controller and it looks like it will have only average cooling potential. I just bought the Silverstone FT02 here a couple weeks ago and I've been keeping my eye out for a better case to come along this summer but I haven't seen one worth upgrading to yet.

There is a new Cooler Master SR-2 case in the works that is the replacement to the ATCS 840 that I sort of like the exterior look of but who knows what they will do with the interior. If it doesn't have a black interior and sports a lot of cheap plastic parts I'll probably pass.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/8175/

I really like that Cooler Master case. They may can win me back with it if the build quality is better than the 840 and all aluminum. I also haven't seen a case better than the FT02 to upgrade for either. The 800D looks temping, but the cost of the extra fans and weight is keep me from making the switch.

I really like that Cooler Master case. They may can win me back with it if the build quality is better than the 840 and all aluminum. I also haven't seen a case better than the FT02 to upgrade for either. The 800D looks temping, but the cost of the extra fans and weight is keep me from making the switch.

it's going to have an aluminum exterior with a steel interior.

-Smaller 800D that can still take a triple rad.

It's funny how many people including myself were waiting for this. Maybe Corsair should have asked for feedback BEFORE designing the case....sigh.

It's funny how many people including myself were waiting for this. Maybe Corsair should have asked for feedback BEFORE designing the case....sigh.

A mid tower 600D was the first thing people asked for when the 800D came out.

The 600T was already in development at that point.

I'm still looking forward to seeing more details about the case, but from what I've seen so far it looks great. I think a lot of the comparisons to the CM Sniper are valid, but this case is many ways is better. For one, it has dust filters (THANK YOU!) which was one of the prime reasons I didn't buy a Sniper back in Sept when they were a mere $110 from newegg with free shipping. The option to replace the top 200mm fan with a pair of 120s is very welcome (didn't see if that also applies to the front 200mm fan?). However, I'm curious to see the quality of the mesh on the dust filters. It doesn't look like it's a good metal/cloth screen, but the cheapo junk that restricts airflow.

I also dig the removable hdd cage, cable management grommets, case feet, multi-ssd support, curvy design. I loved the CM Sniper because it reminded me of a subwoofer, but even w/ the side-panel mesh being replaced by a solid panel, I still think the 600d looks great. The 800d was too square IMO. Thanks to the curves, this case has more style while still being understated much like the Silverstone ft02.

Add in the rumored $149 price point and I think this case is a winner. I look forward to seeing reviews of its thermal and dB performance. Give yourself and your mates a pat on the back Redbeard. So long as this case holds up well under testing and the price stays under $150, this thing is dynamite. There will always be people bitching about the looks of every case since everyone has different taste in aesthetics, but on the other details this case looks great.

-a way to better organize cables BEHIND the motherboard tray without just having to zip-tie everything and guessing if the side panel will fit in. Look at the Mac Pro. You don't see cables ANYWHERE, even with the side panel behind the mobo tray taken off.

Good luck. Apple gets to spec every single detail of their computers, including the dimensions of their cables. Unless an OEM like Asus/Dell/etc builds your computer, you're not going to get cable routing on par with the Mac Pro. Plus, the trade-off to high integration is a LOSS in the ability to alter that configuration. Yin and Yang.

While Apple won’t ship any of Intel’s X25-Ms in its machines today (for reasons that I unfortunately can’t talk about but have nothing to do with technology), there’s nothing stopping its end users from making the upgrade.

The problem is that the Mac Pro doesn’t really accommodate such an upgrade very well...

...I’d expect that Apple would be the one to do this but I guess taking care of its customers spending over $3000 on a machine isn’t really at the top of anyone’s list over there. Even the MacBook and MacBook Pro get SSD options; it’s not the fastest SSD in the world but the option is there.

Apple could have easily added a single 2.5” drive bay somewhere in the case for a SSD application/boot drive, or offer an optional 2.5” sled to replace one of the four 3.5” sleds in the system. It’s a simple change that wouldn’t take an engineer long to design; Apple could call it the iForgot.

Good luck. Apple gets to spec every single detail of their computers, including the dimensions of their cables. Unless an OEM like Asus/Dell/etc builds your computer, you're not going to get cable routing on par with the Mac Pro. Plus, the trade-off to high integration is a LOSS in the ability to alter that configuration. Yin and Yang.

Are you serious? You wouldn't need to spec every single cable in order to better organize cables behind the mobo tray. Be creative and think about it for a second instead of simply saying only OEMs can do it.

A mid tower 600D was the first thing people asked for when the 800D came out.

The 600T was already in development at that point.

Seems like we have an official name of the next case. 600D.
We all thought the mid tower 800D was going to be the 700D or 600T ;).

Seems like we have an official name of the next case. 600D.
We all thought the mid tower 800D was going to be the 700D or 600T ;).

Already a 700D out there, makes sense that a smaller one would be 600D or 500D or something.

Anyway, we usually don't name products internally until the last stage - they all have code names.

So even if we were working on a mid-tower Obsidian-style case, it'd probably be code named something ridiculous like "Armadillo" or "Rhubarb" or something.

Obsidian 800D was "Blackbeard", for example.

I see. I will say that Corsair is on the right track tough. No crazy bulges, rainbow cables and lights all over the place. Round off the front of the 600T to the 5.25 bays and change the top grill with one that has a pattern design i.e. Cosmos S. The top of the case is too flat and the front looks incomplete. The latches can be substituted for a rear button system i.e. 800D to open the panels and of course a window. That's the other 10% that needs to be done unless those parts are already in mass production.

I see. I will say that Corsair is on the right track tough. No crazy bulges, rainbow cables and lights all over the place. Round off the front of the 600T to the 5.25 bays and change the top grill with one that has a pattern design i.e. Cosmos S. The top of the case is too flat and the front looks incomplete. The latches can be substituted for a rear button system i.e. 800D to open the panels and of course a window. That's the other 10% that needs to be done unless those parts are already in mass production.

The side panels are steel and bent in a shape that allows cable routing behind the tray and extra room for taller CPU coolers. Because of the design, they only latch on top and hook in on bottom. So the side panel can't be opened like the 800D with a button/rail combo, as the side panel isn't uniformly flat, like 800D/700D.

We played around with different designs, front and rear latches, rear latches and lip in the front, etc, but when it came down to actually re-attaching the side panel, this was the easiest method.

When you put the side panel on the 600T or take it off, it's one of the easiest, most obvious ways to do it. The latches do interrupt the flow-like design of the case a bit, but compared to the other options, we decided to go with functionality over design on that side panel.

We're still working on window/mesh side panel designs right now, because the side panel is bent there are some limitations on the location of that window opening, but it'll be done by the time it launches.

I appreciate that the new models so far have been steps down from the 800D. I would have been pissed had I shelled out for it only to have a better one come out a few months later. Way to not be Apple or Nintendo. :p

Just a thought but it would be cool to have a hard drive dock in the style of these cases that fits the hot swappable trays from the 800D. That way I could just pop out a drive and transfer files to my sweet new 600D build or whatever.

Back