Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

It would be possible but it would likely be blocked by video cards or other motherboard components.

So Corsair will be selling extra 3.5" bays?

I don't need to worry about video cards as I intend on using the i3 530's integrated GPU. :p

So Corsair will be selling extra 3.5" bays?

I don't need to worry about video cards as I intend on using the i3 530's integrated GPU. :p

Hadn't planned on it, but since you mentioned it I don't see why not.

I'll SKU it up.

I don't care for the dial knobs. I think it detracts from an other wise clean looking case. That's just my $0.02. :cool:

Features for Builders

Corsair innovated cable routing with the Obsidian Series™ cases

innovated or integrated? Seems like grammer oopsy here.

And hmmm.....Corsair AX 1200....wonder what that could be :)

Things I like about the case:
1) pretty much has all the room for components as if it were a full tower
2) Looks good, front mesh really sets off the look, might look odd with a dvd-drive in it though.
3) USB 3.0 on front
4) 2x[200mm Fans] make for good quiet cooling (hopefully)

Things I don't like about the case:
Contains some plastic. Plastic of any sort makes it look cheap, and my guess is that this case will be priced towards higher markets. Full steel or aluminum ftw!

Last edited:
However where's the side window panel? It's not always the case but if you have special cable management and LED lights, wouldn't you want to be able to see them?

IMHO a side panel with a window or not at all. :(

Personally, I hate side windows.

I agree, make a side panel with a mounting for another 200mm fan to blow on the motherboard!

For those of us with minimal storage needs, is the lower 3x3.5" disk cage also removable? (I'm looking at 2.5" hot-swappables mounted in 5.25" bays, with no 3.5" HDDs, in case anyone had visions of an old-school dual-floppy system.)

For those of us with minimal storage needs, is the lower 3x3.5" disk cage also removable? (I'm looking at 2.5" hot-swappables mounted in 5.25" bays, with no 3.5" HDDs, in case anyone had visions of an old-school dual-floppy system.)

Yes. You can unscrew it with two small screws at the bottom.

Nice looking mid-tower case. I still prefer the huge amount of space to work with in the 800D, but this case will be great for those what want a smaller footprint and still have most of the goodies the 800D comes with.

A mid tower 600D was the first thing people asked for when the 800D came out.

The 600T was already in development at that point.

So, what ELSE is in development at this point in time? Care to publish your product roadmap? I didn't think you would. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why not reach out to some of us on this forum (and others), slap us with an NDA and then give us some of your product ideas so we can provide feedback.:p

So, what ELSE is in development at this point in time? Care to publish your product roadmap? I didn't think you would. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why not reach out to some of us on this forum (and others), slap us with an NDA and then give us some of your product ideas so we can provide feedback.:p

QFT

What makes you think we haven't?

When is this case hitting the streets! it's the last component I need haha.....

I sooooo want this case. My problem is that my PC just died and I need something in 2-3 weeks.
:( :( :(

I couldn't wait any longer so I bought an FT 02 instead... this case was looking pretty boss though.
If they styled it like the 800D that would be the best

This is an amazing looking case. I'm not really a fan of the big knob since I subscribe to the design philosophy that less relevant controls should not be larger than the most relevant. On the other hand, one could easily argue that for people who aren't turning their rigs on and off all the time, that IS the most used control.

But other than that minor quirk, I'm sold already.

What makes you think we haven't?

I'll say it again: Gamer-grade HTPC case.

Yeah, I can dream, but what a dream! :D

BTW, I've really turned around on the design of the 600T. I've really grown to like the new design once I got over the fact that it wasn't simply a smaller 800D. I've already recommended it to two of my friends that are in the market for a new case, they'll be first in line when it comes out. ;)

Not a fan of the curves. I much prefer the Obsidian series. It's more sleek yet simplistic.

I'm still waiting for a smaller version of the 800D. Would purchase one immediately.

Pending air cooling results/reviews, the case looks pretty promising. I really like the room for the 8th expeansion slot so those of us with x58s can run SLI/Xfire cards with some space between them.

I'm really interested in the idea of this case. I need a new one as my Cooler Master 590 just isn't really working out for me and I was considering the Obsidian 700D, but this might be a bit more up my alley.

I do agree on a smaller version of the 800D. I would jump on that immediately.

I'll say it again: Gamer-grade HTPC case.

Silverstone Grandia 04/05 comes pretty close. Has 3 intake 120mm fans and two 80mm exhaust fans - as well as room for a decent air cooler like a Gemin IIS. I have one and I game with it..

That being said I am going to dump it for a tower next year so I can fit in more drives. Desktop cases just aren't as functional as tower cases - even the best ones. Going to get a big tower like a Lian Li and boost it off the floor some with some wheels or big feet..

Unfortunately, I do not like the design. A mid tower 800D, on the other hand, would be an instant purchase.

Unfortunately, I do not like the design. A mid tower 800D, on the other hand, would be an instant purchase.

This was the first thing requested when the 800D launched in August/September of last year.

I can't comment on unannounced products, but I can say that we've seen all the criticisms and other comments on our other products and are working on addressing them all in some manner or another.

Why do companies always do this? The 800D is a clearly a winner, the only reason I don't have it is because it's too damn large. I was waiting on this, hoping for a smaller 800D..very disappointing....

This was the first thing requested when the 800D launched in August/September of last year.

I can't comment on unannounced products, but I can say that we've seen all the criticisms and other comments on our other products and are working on addressing them all in some manner or another.

Good to hear. I really like Corsair for two reasons, which not coincidentally are quite related.

1. Their products are well thought through and show little attention to details. The H50 is a brilliantly executed design, particularly the easy mounting system. Likewise with the cable cutouts in the 800D, the flat psu cable design, etc. It's a lot of the little things which add up to make Corsair products stand out above their competitors.

2. They actually are involved in the community and listen to criticism.

As I stated earlier, I am looking forwards to being able to purchase a 600D should one arrive ;)

Why do companies always do this? The 800D is a clearly a winner, the only reason I don't have it is because it's too damn large. I was waiting on this, hoping for a smaller 800D..very disappointing....

It sounds like it's in the works, so guess we just have to wait a little.

I have the same reaction to the 600T design. I much prefer the 800D. And I thought that MY ideal would be a "shorter" 800D. :D But then I looked carefully at the 600T. Lots less interior room. Only four drive bays, and just where do you put in the water-cooling?

I'm going back and forth in my mind. Yes, the 800D is more money, but it's a nicer design. (Actually, I want the 700D, because I don't really need hot-swap drives AND I definitely did not want a side window. I was even going to fork over the dough for a solid side door. :p )

I think I want to do water-cooling, but to be honest, :( I'm a bit put off by what the guys over in the water-cooling forum are saying about a must-do yearly teardown of their loops.:confused: I'm willing to put in the effort up-front to set up and test the loop, after searching out the right components for my rig, etc., etc. But I really want a set-it-and-forget-it for say 3~4 years, after which time I would be upgrading anyway and willing to clean out the blocks, replace the tubing anyway.

Comments, anyone? :confused:

Honestly, a mid tower 800D with a dual 120mm radiator H50 sold as a bundle, and you have probably the #1 selling case and cooler on the market. And as for the mid tower 800D, please make sure it has a decent amount of 3.5in bays. Hotswap is not neccessary in a mid-tower, but PLEASE don't just give us 4 or 5. 8 would be ideal, as in the Fractal R2, but I realize that is unlikely. Still.....

looks likes a cosmos, not a fan of the bland taste.

I just want to say your web designers need to redo your Image Gallery coding ... it is truly horrendous to navigate.

I can see areas where there could be improvements for air-cooling. The holes on the rear of the case for the rear fan look a tad restricting same goes for the other locations. Why not go for something like large hex shaped holes that have been known to flow better then smaller round holes?
Nothing a dremel can't fix with a fan grill, but still these areas are areas that I feel could have been better designed. For water cooling I think there should have been another inch of room above the motherboard at the top of the case for larger/thicker rads with fans inside the case.

Room for a triple rad would be icing on the case ;)

That said I like the design of this case ALOT. It may still be my next case. if the above was fixed it would seal the deal for sure

I have the same reaction to the 600T design. I much prefer the 800D. And I thought that MY ideal would be a "shorter" 800D. :D But then I looked carefully at the 600T. Lots less interior room. Only four drive bays, and just where do you put in the water-cooling?

I'm going back and forth in my mind. Yes, the 800D is more money, but it's a nicer design. (Actually, I want the 700D, because I don't really need hot-swap drives AND I definitely did not want a side window. I was even going to fork over the dough for a solid side door. :p )

I think I want to do water-cooling, but to be honest, :( I'm a bit put off by what the guys over in the water-cooling forum are saying about a must-do yearly teardown of their loops.:confused: I'm willing to put in the effort up-front to set up and test the loop, after searching out the right components for my rig, etc., etc. But I really want a set-it-and-forget-it for say 3~4 years, after which time I would be upgrading anyway and willing to clean out the blocks, replace the tubing anyway.

Comments, anyone? :confused:

Does that yearly teardown include the H50?
Thanks.
Hugger

Back