• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Anyone who ordered the -1 from Amazon have theirs ship yet? Been about 2.5 weeks for me.
 
Faulkton, I stand corrected man, my CPU temps did rise from a constant 30, with the Megaflow 200mmx30mm as top exhaust to 31 or 32 with the Corsair stock 200mmx20mm, it took a couple of days of monitoring to see this. Eluder is right about fan thickness and the direct relation to negative pressures, or the ability of a fan to PULL the air out of the case. Since I am running my CPU cooler passive, I really depend on that negative pressure to pull the air thru the cooling fins from above, and since Corsair “Raised the Roof” so to speak for the 650D to accommodate thicker radiators for W/C that puts my exhaust fan even further from my CPU cooler and decreases that air PULL. The thin 20mm Corsair stock fan also must decrease that negative pressure. I have a day off from the gee eff and family, so I am going to try something a little odd, ok very odd, but who knows it might work really well.

I am going to mount BOTH Corsair 200mm fans on the ceiling of the 650D making a 40mm thick, twin propeller fan. There is plenty of room I think you can mount a 60mm radiator up there. I have to attach one to the other lined up with cyanoacrylate or some other adhesive, or just use the long Corsair grommets and both should snug up one on top of the other. I know it’s a kooky idea but what the hell I may get some really good results.

The other consideration is both fan blades, they have to either spin in unison the top blade lining up perfectly with the lower blade so they will have to be affixed together OR I can just pull off the lower blade and use just the upper blade and still get the benefit of the added 40mm thickness to draw a better vacuum. Not sure of all the details yet, trial and error, and why am I doing this when its sunny outside and a Saturday, because I just have to figure this whole fan thing out and if I can get this to work, like a CPU temp around 28 or 29, then I will consider it a success.

My normal CPU temp of 30 is low, since I am not overclocking and my processor is just a dual core Intel E8500 clocked at 3.16Ghz, and I am sure the Noctua NH-D14 cooler lowers that temp substantially, but if I get good results then anyone should get good results using any processor and any CPU cooler in any aircooled rig!;)
 
Last edited:
How did you mount the Megaflows?
I tried a black one up top, but the Corsair screws were too short to make contact with the black Megaflow from a HAF case. And how did you fit a Megaflow in the front? Did you move both HDD cages elsewhere?

This was my set-up while I was waiting on the fan kit to arrive, it works extremely well:

Ultra-quiet fan set-up

Front Intake: Clear megaflow 200mm with black Noctua 9v feed attached with Noctua male grommets

Top Exhaust: Black megaflow 200mm with blue Noctua 7v feed attached same

Rear as Intake: Corsair stock 120mm with blue Noctua 7v feed attached with Corsair screws and Sorbothane pads

This set-up produces 10dB or less, comparing each and the sum to the auditory output of a Noctua 140mm reference fan producing 10.6dB attenuated!


When the fan kit came yesterday I had been itching to remount the Corsair stock fans and the inline cap just didnt do the trick. But I found the grommets of excellent quality, wish they could be used over and over, but their transmission is very low, so I finally got the Corsair 200mms working in the case. I tried using the same Noctua resistor set-up, but the resistors became Extremely HOT in just a matter of seconds, could not touch them and I was afraid the sleeving on them would begin to melt. So I just hooked both Corsair 200s into some mainboard fan ports and like I stated SpeedFan 4.41 says they are running at 611rpm, Extremely quiet and my temps are CPU 30 and GPU 37 to 41. I am running a Noctua NH-D14 passive and yes the front as intake the rear 120mm as intake and the top 200 as exhaust, hope this helps!;)
 
I guess the Asus Maximus Extreme mobo wont fit in this case, Since the maximus is eATX and the case only supports mATX/ATX, DAMN!
 
Eluder black megaflow up top mounted with Noctua grommets and blue Noctua resistor.

Eluder clear megaflow in front mounted with Noctua grommets and black Noctua resistor. Yes Both aircages removed! Yup mine are both from a HAF case too.

Dude, I just repeated your attached message that was my attached messageI Dude you ok? That number 666 post yesterday isn't catching up to you is it?;) wanted to tell you the Noctua resistors just barely run warm when using Noctua 140 or 120 fans and barely warm with the 200mm megaflows. That extreme heat you experienced is just produced when attached to the Corsair 200mm fans, they must draw more Amps.
 
Last edited:
Could you possibly take a measurement off the case for me?

I would like to know how long the feet on the case are and what is the space between the feet of the case.

The reason I ask is I want to set the case on my wire shelving unit that is 18 inches in depth and I am afraid this case may be to deep to have the feet rest on shelf. If that is the case, i would have to go with a case like the 600T where the feet are in the middle of the case.

Thanks,

Gixxer
 
Eluder black megaflow up top mounted with Noctua grommets and blue Noctua resistor.

Eluder clear megaflow in front mounted with Noctua grommets and black Noctua resistor. Yes Both aircages removed! Yup mine are both from a HAF case too.

Dude, I just repeated your attached message that was my attached messageI Dude you ok? That number 666 post yesterday isn't catching up to you is it?;) wanted to tell you the Noctua resistors just barely run warm when using Noctua 140 or 120 fans and barely warm with the 200mm megaflows. That extreme heat you experienced is just produced when attached to the Corsair 200mm fans, they must draw more Amps.

How do the Noctua grommets support the black Megaflow? The one I looked at has a deep (like 30mm thick) hole for mounting so the grommets wouldn't be able to reach the other side (ie: open vs closed type fan screw hole).
 
I'll keep waiting and save $81 over the Newegg price gougers

I don't know what it is. they have decent deals on everything else, but as soon as it comes to cases or fans, I have to always look somewhere else.
 
I don't know what it is. they have decent deals on everything else, but as soon as it comes to cases or fans, I have to always look somewhere else.

To be fair to Newegg, they do typically have good prices on cases once they've been in the market for a while. But they're also the first guys to order, to take the risk and order a huge quantity of product, and this usually means that in the US they're the first place to buy something, so if there's high demand they charge a premium for it until other people start getting stock in.

It's the same way with cars and such. My local Chevy dealer had six new Camaros on the lot last year, before anybody else out here. They sold for a huge premium over the sticker price. Now, every Chevy dealer has a dozen or so on the lot, and they sell at or below sticker because there's a lot more supply. So for the early adopters, pricing is usually screwy. About 12 years ago or whatever, my neighbor paid $38,000 for a PT Cruiser. A PT CRUISER! And now they're $13k brand new. But he was the first one to own one in his zip code. So obviously that was worthwhile to him.
 
To be fair to Newegg, they do typically have good prices on cases once they've been in the market for a while.

if only they had fans to go with the case too... oh well, still a decent place for drilling down the options I need and then looking around.
 
How do the Noctua grommets support the black Megaflow? The one I looked at has a deep (like 30mm thick) hole for mounting so the grommets wouldn't be able to reach the other side (ie: open vs closed type fan screw hole).

Eluder I have two Cooler Master megaflows, both are OPEN with thin tabs, no more than 5 or 6mm thick, just like a Noctua fan and these have 8 different mounting positions on the fan, sorry man I thought they were all made the same and you just werent gettin me. Mine came with a HAF 912 Advanced I got straight from CM last November, have they changed them??? that sucks!
 
I got the Corsair 200mm X 40mm Twin Propeller Obsidian Superfan up and running, it’s Awesome, sucks air like a shopvac, how do you get permission to post attachments? Took some cool photos of the superfan!;)
 
How do the Noctua grommets support the black Megaflow? The one I looked at has a deep (like 30mm thick) hole for mounting so the grommets wouldn't be able to reach the other side (ie: open vs closed type fan screw hole).

Eluder, I posted a photo of my CM megaflow attached with Noctua grommets at the other forum under 650Dpics, wanted you to check it out, so you know why I could not understand why your grommets would not work, I really thought all megaflows were made the same, anyway check it out next time you are there, and I posted 5 photos of a Corsair fan I put together today, I added some width to it from 20mm to 40mm, you are right about more width more negative pressure created, anyway check em out, it looks pretty cool I got two propellers one from each Corsair fan that came with the 650D siliconed one on top of the other with the blades lined up, its whack but pretty cool!;)
 
To be fair to Newegg, they do typically have good prices on cases once they've been in the market for a while. But they're also the first guys to order, to take the risk and order a huge quantity of product, and this usually means that in the US they're the first place to buy something, so if there's high demand they charge a premium for it until other people start getting stock in.

It's the same way with cars and such. My local Chevy dealer had six new Camaros on the lot last year, before anybody else out here. They sold for a huge premium over the sticker price. Now, every Chevy dealer has a dozen or so on the lot, and they sell at or below sticker because there's a lot more supply. So for the early adopters, pricing is usually screwy. About 12 years ago or whatever, my neighbor paid $38,000 for a PT Cruiser. A PT CRUISER! And now they're $13k brand new. But he was the first one to own one in his zip code. So obviously that was worthwhile to him.

Ahh what’s an extra $40bucks when you are having this much fun, the 650D is the "best case scenario" on the planet!;)
 
Last edited:
MeanBruce, thanks for the info, seems as though they use a different Megaflow in the Haf 912 than in the 922 and 932. Damn, need to find that one from the 912 somewhere since it's black and non LED.
That one you have is easy to mount in place of the 200mm from Corsair.
 
Ok, here it is the 200mmx40mm Corsair Twin Propeller Superfan. It actually moves huge amounts of air thru my NH-D14, the added 40mm length allows for much more negative pressure thru the CPU cooler since it is now much closer and creates a stronger vacuum. The two propellers are superimposed, lined up perfectly looking straight down over the fan! It only took a couple hours to put together, I have it connected to a mainboard fan port, since a single motor now turns both propellers I had to increase the volts using Intel Desktop Control Center software. This thing sucks air like a ShopVac!;)

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just ordered this and a h60 for my new build. I am wanting to run filters for the first time -- can anyone suggest size, type, and where to buy so that everything fits nicely in the case? I see that it comes with a dust filter for the psu intake already -- does the front fan have one? I will probably need to add one to the h60 rear intake.
 
The front fan also has a filter, so you probably don't need to get one for that fan.
 
Come on guys, where is everyone? All the early adopters, the original 650 gang? No one is coming around and posting great stuff. George, I think everyone is a little let down over the fan kit that didn't workout as they had expected, enthusiasm has reached an all-time low since the kits started arriving the end of last week! What can we do to get that Mojo back Baby?

I know George I have a great idea, you send me what you were gonna send me, I'll say how fantastically wonderful it is, hope will return and confidence restored, Hurray!!!;)
 
Last edited:
Found out I had a 10% off all computer cases coupon for MC in my coupon email. Guess I'll just use this on the one 650D that just showed up in Tustin today. Expires 5/5
 
Well I'm still waiting on an answer from George, I have emailed him as he requested.
I'm guessing he was busy over Easter, but hopefully he'll get back to me soon! :)
 
Well I'm still waiting on an answer from George, I have emailed him as he requested.
I'm guessing he was busy over Easter, but hopefully he'll get back to me soon! :)

Same here, emailed and PMed 3 times over an important issue and nothing...maybe he's in Bimini soaking up the sun. Mojitos and island girls.
 
Last edited:
Got the fan fix today, should install it tomorrow. We'll see what difference I notice with it, for better or for worse.

Also waiting on the linear fix.

Come on guys, where is everyone? All the early adopters, the original 650 gang? No one is coming around and posting great stuff. George, I think everyone is a little let down over the fan kit that didn't workout as they had expected, enthusiasm has reached an all-time low since the kits started arriving the end of last week! What can we do to get that Mojo back Baby?

I know George I have a great idea, you send me what you were gonna send me, I'll say how fantastically wonderful it is, hope will return and confidence restored, Hurray!!!;)

Can't post much great stuff when I haven't even been able to fix my wiring :(
 
Hey Joe, nice to see ya man. If ya need something to make ya smile check out the pics just above a cool fan I made up, that'll make ya laugh!;) Dont expect much from the fan kit but the grommets are very cool! Check in once in awhile tomorrow with your thoughts on the kit! And Joe I spent about 8hrs on my cabling last week when the kit arrived I'll send ya a photo of my final results make it easier for you!
 
Hey Joe, nice to see ya man. If ya need something to make ya smile check out the pics just above a cool fan I made up, that'll make ya laugh!;) Dont expect much from the fan kit but the grommets are very cool! Check in once in awhile tomorrow with your thoughts on the kit!

Maybe I'll just use the grommets and stick with motherboard connectors.

Sigh. *spends 50 dollars on Thermalright fans
 
Got the fan fix today, should install it tomorrow. We'll see what difference I notice with it, for better or for worse.

Also waiting on the linear fix.



Can't post much great stuff when I haven't even been able to fix my wiring :(

Linear fix? What's the Linear fix?
 
Joe, I began finishing up the cabling the end of last week when the fan kit arrived, pretty happy with everything except the SSD looks ridiculous, have to find a better position and cable route for it, otherwise it’s pretty cool, the best part is the right side panel has zero resistance when you close it, just the springs in the latches, no bulging, just like it came right out of the box and accomplishing this takes 8 hours believe me, one cable at a time. If you get stuck and want photos of the cable routing behind the motherboard let me know by PM and I’ll send them to you email.

For Mr. Redbeard: the 2nd photo shows the 200mmx40mm Twin Propeller Corsair Superfan, it works really well, what started out as purely experimental, and maybe a little silly, proved more than a huge success for my ultra-silent 10dB air-cooled rig. It cools the CPU to 30C and meets the 10.1dB mark running at only 480rpm, amazing! Putting your hands around it you can feel the air move into the cooler from the bottom and sides, the suction/vacuum created is remarkable! Looking down from above on the 650D, its looks factory fresh just like it came from Corsair, not like a mod at all.

IMG_0507-1.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg
 
Last edited:
I guess the Asus Maximus Extreme mobo wont fit in this case, Since the maximus is eATX and the case only supports mATX/ATX, DAMN!

You are talking about SB version right? The mounting holes are the same as standard ATX, the board itself it just a little bit longer (it extends out a bit more from the last row of mounting holes). It should fit in the 650D with no trouble at all. Plenty of space. That said, it may cover up the rubber grommets slightly.
 
Yeah, the Asus Maximus Extreme and other boards from Asus in the ROG line use the standard ATX mounting holes, so they're not true EATX (well, the PCB size is, but the holes aren't) so they fit fine.
 
Yeah, the Asus Maximus Extreme and other boards from Asus in the ROG line use the standard ATX mounting holes, so they're not true EATX (well, the PCB size is, but the holes aren't) so they fit fine.

George is Back! Hurray!!!
 
You are talking about SB version right? The mounting holes are the same as standard ATX, the board itself it just a little bit longer (it extends out a bit more from the last row of mounting holes). It should fit in the 650D with no trouble at all. Plenty of space. That said, it may cover up the rubber grommets slightly.

Ya the SB. It'll be here, along with the 650D & the 2600K, Thursday :)
 
Back
Top