• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Joe, you asked me about the Blueair particle filtration, check out my photos and you can see almost no dust, The Blueair machines are superlative for the computer room.
 
Last edited:
Redbeard:

How come when i test the voltage on the fan controller with a multimeter i get almost 12V at all three speeds? Is this how it is supposed to work?

With the fix kit high is 12.03v, medium is 11.92v and low is about 11.28v.

admittedly i dont know much, but i am thinking that is why i have not been happy with the results of the fan controller.. all three speeds are 12v high lol.

The results are about the same with or without the fix kit.

I remember reading that the fix kit was to smooth out the pwm signal, but the stock fans are only 3 wire and the fan controller only uses 2 wires... all the pwm fans i have seen are 4 wire... wth?

what am i missing here?
 
Last edited:
Mr. Faulkton, Mr.Redbeard is no longer responding to any of the early adopters, he is only addressing those new purchasers so that they may get the very best deal on a new and improved 650D-1 with the new fan controller.
 
Mr. Faulkton, Mr.Redbeard is no longer responding to any of the early adopters, he is only addressing those new purchasers so that they may get the very best deal on a new and improved 650D-1 with the new fan controller.

that can't be!!
 
they lead us on for 30days with a promise of a fix, so we can't return the thing and then eFF Us up as long as they can.
 
the fix dont work, then they hang us on with the promise of a linear controller, hey I'll send ya one bull shit, which is right around the corner...yeah right
 
he will answer your question, with a statement, but he will not resolve your issue, that has already been proven
 
Faulkton I respect you man, and Corsair but so much flat smelly crap has been tossed to us over the last 45 days it’s obvious to anyone they are trying their best but can’t figure out the problem, George is great and he is just trying to appease us all and find an answer for something that he had no control over, it’s not his fault, its something in engineering, but to not tell us early guys the truth that is all on George’s lap, damn it.
 
Last edited:
i am starting to wonder if the fan controller is just plain faulty... unless i am missing something, i think it should be outputting different voltages... and mine at least doesnt seem to be doing that

I would like a fan controller that actually outputs different voltages for my fans to run at different speeds.
 
Last edited:
Joe, I began finishing up the cabling the end of last week when the fan kit arrived, pretty happy with everything except the SSD looks ridiculous, have to find a better position and cable route for it, otherwise it’s pretty cool, the best part is the right side panel has zero resistance when you close it, just the springs in the latches, no bulging, just like it came right out of the box and accomplishing this takes 8 hours believe me, one cable at a time. If you get stuck and want photos of the cable routing behind the motherboard let me know by PM and I’ll send them to you email.

I hope the 8 hours is an exaggeration. Sending you a PM now for the pictures. I still haven't gotten around to bothering with the wiring or even the fan fix kit, and reading this next post, I don't even know what to say...

Redbeard:

How come when i test the voltage on the fan controller with a multimeter i get almost 12V at all three speeds? Is this how it is supposed to work?

With the fix kit high is 12.03v, medium is 11.92v and low is about 11.28v.

admittedly i dont know much, but i am thinking that is why i have not been happy with the results of the fan controller.. all three speeds are 12v high lol.

The results are about the same with or without the fix kit.

I remember reading that the fix kit was to smooth out the pwm signal, but the stock fans are only 3 wire and the fan controller only uses 2 wires... all the pwm fans i have seen are 4 wire... wth?

what am i missing here?

This can't be real life.
 
JoeCubed my dear friend, I will send you the rear motherboard photos tonight, and your pc will be amazing without the fan controller. damn it hurts me to tell you this, yes we have all been duped by George and Corsair over and again.
 
JoeCubed my dear friend, I will send you the rear motherboard photos tonight, and your pc will be amazing without the fan controller. damn it hurts me to tell you this, yes we have all been duped by George and Corsair over and again.

Perhaps they will send us some of their top secret Noctua-clone fans to ease the pain.

Guess I'll plug my top exhaust fan back in and deal with it. At least it's not a Delta fan?
 
shit, I can make a better corsair fan with some glue, sending you the cable details PM Joseph!
 
Last edited:
Meanbruce, I hope you understand that after a 3-day weekend due to Easter, I have a ton of emails and PMs to go through and I am trying to get through them as fast as I can.

I got the email you sent me, by the way, and forwarded it to the customer service person who is sending you the linear fan controller. I sent that to him last week, so you should be getting your controller this week.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to you directly to let you know it's en route, but like I said, I have literally hundreds of emails and PMs to go through and it's still only Tuesday.
 
This is one thing i am confused about.

The PWM controller on the initial version changes the fan speed (but PWM doesn't change voltage).

The Linear controller on the -1 version changes 7V, 9V, and 12V.

They both change the fans to the same RPM and functionally are identical, save for the buzzing noise caused by the early PWM versions in the 200mm fans.

I don't know why the fix kit isn't working for some and is working for others - I have heard a lot of people say it works fine for them and thank me for sending it to them. Others have complained it isn't working as well as they'd like.

Part of the problem might be expectations - a low RPM fan (1000 RPM) just doesn't change that much from 12V to 7V. Sure it'll hit around 700RPM or so at 7V, but the noise level will be a lot less than that of a high-end CPU fan or GPU fan even at 1000 RPM.

So we're still trying to figure out who's unhappy and ship them free products (even if they post negative stuff about us 10 times per page).
 
If I post great things 10 times a pg, will you send me stuff too?

I'd love a new psu..... my Silverstone just doesn't look good in my case ;)

BTW.... It'd be nice to have a front intake option.. Could you suggest to your engineers, a adaptor to allow dual 120s or 140s?
 
The PWM controller on the initial version changes the fan speed (but PWM doesn't change voltage).

The Linear controller on the -1 version changes 7V, 9V, and 12V.

They both change the fans to the same RPM and functionally are identical, save for the buzzing noise caused by the early PWM versions in the 200mm fans.

I don't know why the fix kit isn't working for some and is working for others - I have heard a lot of people say it works fine for them and thank me for sending it to them. Others have complained it isn't working as well as they'd like.

Part of the problem might be expectations - a low RPM fan (1000 RPM) just doesn't change that much from 12V to 7V. Sure it'll hit around 700RPM or so at 7V, but the noise level will be a lot less than that of a high-end CPU fan or GPU fan even at 1000 RPM.

So we're still trying to figure out who's unhappy and ship them free products (even if they post negative stuff about us 10 times per page).

ok so should the pwm version still work with any fan? Because even with 2000 rpm fans i cant tell any difference between high and low. when i use a 7 volt connector on the same fan i can definitely tell the difference between 7v and 12v.

either way i guess i just need to wait for the new style controller. I was confused and didnt understand they were actually two separate controller types. I thought it was the same controller with the fix kit soldered in at the factory.

functionally the same =/= identical solution
 
Last edited:
ok so should the pwm version still work with any fan? Because even with 2000 rpm fans i cant tell any difference between high and low. when i use a 7 volt connector on the same fan i can definitely tell the difference between 7v and 12v.

That's very strange, my guess is you have a faulty fan controller.

Email me: redbeard@corsair.com and I'll have a new one shipped to you.
 
So, given that there are 50 pages of spam in here from some impatient little something something...

What's up with this? I've been eyeing the 650D since it's smaller than my HAF which would be great....what's up with the fan controller? Does it not work?
 
@Redbeard I was contacted by customer service today. Thanks. If you weren't doing everything you could to make this right, I might have some bad things to say, but since you are, again.. Thanks
 
The case is very nice, well built and pretty stylish... But like alot/all of the Corsair cases, it seems better off for watercooling.

I went from a Antec 900 to this, and I gained 6-10C on my cpu and about the same on my gpus.

I believe its because the front intake is a high volume, low pressure fan, so it doesn't shoot the air far enough into the case to get enough cool air to thne cpu.

I'm going to swap out the top 200mm for 2 Noctua 140, 110cfm models, to see if i can suck up air from the left side of the case.

Its unfortunate the front fan is a 20mm 200mm fan, as you can't find any high pressure fans to replace it. I do really wish you could swap intake fans.

But if I could solve the air issue this case would be really great.
 
The case is very nice, well built and pretty stylish... But like alot/all of the Corsair cases, it seems better off for watercooling.

I went from a Antec 900 to this, and I gained 6-10C on my cpu and about the same on my gpus.

I believe its because the front intake is a high volume, low pressure fan, so it doesn't shoot the air far enough into the case to get enough cool air to thne cpu.

I'm going to swap out the top 200mm for 2 Noctua 140, 110cfm models, to see if i can suck up air from the left side of the case.

Its unfortunate the front fan is a 20mm 200mm fan, as you can't find any high pressure fans to replace it. I do really wish you could swap intake fans.

But if I could solve the air issue this case would be really great.

OK then....reminds me of my CM Praetorian case - back when I swore off mid sized cases. Sigh...Lian Li, here I come?
 
@Redbeard, got contacted today by CS for the replacement fan controller.
Thanks for the help, look forward to seeing the results with the full replacement.

I gotta say, you guys definitely do provide great customer service. Wish we never had to go through all this, but at least you guys are trying to get things resolved, which is more than many other companies I've had to deal with before.
 
Im wondering, maybe some lucky owner can answer my curiosity :]

can you mount the drive cages on the bottom floor one next to the other?

if yes, that would open a lot of space for modding, like for example building a floor over the cages / psu and cutting off the drive bays in order to put rads/res/pumps whatever and having a mini 700d :D
 
Im wondering, maybe some lucky owner can answer my curiosity :]

can you mount the drive cages on the bottom floor one next to the other?

if yes, that would open a lot of space for modding, like for example building a floor over the cages / psu and cutting off the drive bays in order to put rads/res/pumps whatever and having a mini 700d :D

Yes.
 
thank you redbeard :]

Im on the edge right now, I really want it, but I really shouldn't be spending right now. but then, if not right now then when?

I hope you guys have a promo coming soon cause I'm dying for one, 240$ is just too much, I hope newegg can cut the shipping price;/
 
Can we please keep this thread on topic?
 
redbeard, is there a sku difference between old 650d with broken fan controller over the new with fixed one?
 
If I post great things 10 times a pg, will you send me stuff too?

I'd love a new psu..... my Silverstone just doesn't look good in my case ;)

BTW.... It'd be nice to have a front intake option.. Could you suggest to your engineers, a adaptor to allow dual 120s or 140s?

I am actually curious as to what sort of difference, if any, would occur from replacing the 200mm (if I was to still have issues) with a 140mm fan from say Thermalright for example.

I remember using 80mm in everything back in the day, and this is honestly my first case to implement 200mm fans. I guess the only way to find out would be to do it for myself since each system and environment is unique. Might be a fun experiment in itself.

Gonna hook up the fan fix tomorrow, and then see what the linear kit holds.

Any recommendations on what to or not to hook up to the fan fix and leave to the motherboard?

Joe, you asked me about the Blueair particle filtration, check out my photos and you can see almost no dust, The Blueair machines are superlative for the computer room.
The Blueair filters look amazing, but damn, the price is more than the Honeywell's which apparently I was duped into thinking they were top notch. If they're worth what you pay for, I'm gonna keep thinking about it.

Does your computer room have carpet or hardwood or what? I have really low/flat carpet, not that fluffy poodle stuff, but God knows when the last time was that it was cleaned or how much dust it is generating.
shit, I can make a better corsair fan with some glue, sending you the cable details PM Joseph!

Anxiously awaiting to see how you routed your cables. Mine is still bulging like whoa.
 
i feel as though that your case will still keep "bulging like whoa" unless you have some epic skills that can magically make the bulge disappear without doing anything.....
 
i feel as though that your case will still keep "bulging like whoa" unless you have some epic skills that can magically make the bulge disappear without doing anything.....

Cable Ties, Cable Ties, and more cable ties. That is how I was able to do it.
 
Back
Top