• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Ok, so this order actually is already processed and ready to ship.
Guess my original order was stuck in the system somewhere.

Redbeard, you may want to have someone look into it, if you need my order number for the stuck order to help resolve the issue for others, let me know.
I may finally get this! Too bad I've had to wait almost a month since ordering it to finally get a shipping notice.

Same here! Man, I wish I'd placed a secondary order sooner.
 
if your order hasnt shipped, just place a second one. I did and it shipped, while the first is still stuck in processing.

corsairi.png
 
Last edited:
Ya, that's what we did, wish someone gave us this info before, I was trying to be patient, but I guess next time I'll just order another one. :)
 
Just out of curiosity, the -1 has the fan fix but were there any other issues that were addressed? I read about QC issues with the new manufacturing plant in previous threads.

I just purchased this beauty from Amazon, very excited!
 
Work in progress. Needs a lot of work on the cable management. I am intending to make a PSU shroud out of plexyglass. We will see how that goes...

Oh also if Nills saw what I did to his lovely cables I think he would fly over from Germany and slap me silly.

 
Has anyone tried to fit a SilverStone AP181 fan in the front intake? (180mm vs. 200mm) They move a lot of focused air.

Also, does anyone have a photo of a 240mm rad up top in this case? (for visual fit)
 
Has anyone tried to fit a SilverStone AP181 fan in the front intake? (180mm vs. 200mm) They move a lot of focused air.

Also, does anyone have a photo of a 240mm rad up top in this case? (for visual fit)

That actually what I was wondering...If I could somehow manage to fit a Silverstone Fan in that front slot I would buy this case in a instant.
 
Are the mounting holes 200mm for the AP181? If not, then it probably won't fit.
 
Had one of these cases delivered on Tuesday and installed everything last night :)

The space! By far the roomiest case I've ever worked in! Awesome.

First thing I did was strip out a lot of the front panel connectors that I have no immediate need for. This halved the cable bundle!

The fan noise was immediately noticeable, though, so jumped onto Corsair's website and have ordered the fan adapter kit. Free shipping to the UK - top service.

Being my first bottom-mounted-PSU case I probably wasn't as prepared for cabling everything as I could have been, but once a couple of adapters and the fan kit arrive, it should be a sweet setup.
 
UPS just dropped off the fan kit, totally cool, Corsair sent my first order and my re-order so I got two kits, great though, I needed 4more grommets for the rear fan, thanks George!;)
 
Does anyone have the corsair 650D case? If you do, could you possibly take a measurement off the case for me?

I would like to know how long the feet on the case are and what is the space between the feet of the case.

The reason I ask is I want to set the case on my wire shelving unit that is 18 inches in depth and I am afraid this case may be to deep to have the feet rest on shelf. If that is the case, i would have to go with a case like the 600T where the feet are in the middle of the case.

Here is a link to the 650D - http://www.corsair.com/cases/obsidia...ries-650d.html

Here is a link to the 600T - http://www.corsair.com/cases/graphit...ries-600t.html

Thanks,

Gixxer
 
First thing I did was strip out a lot of the front panel connectors that I have no immediate need for. This halved the cable bundle!

I am going to do the same. Removing fan controller and maybe replace the little switch with one for a ccfl and also removing the usb 3.0 cables. I have a Lamptron FC5 V2 coming in tomorrow (that shit was expensive like the case).
 
I am going to do the same. Removing fan controller and maybe replace the little switch with one for a ccfl and also removing the usb 3.0 cables. I have a Lamptron FC5 V2 coming in tomorrow (that shit was expensive like the case).

If I get the 650D, I'll use my Lamptron FC5 V2 instead.
 
Work in progress. Needs a lot of work on the cable management. I am intending to make a PSU shroud out of plexyglass. We will see how that goes...

Oh also if Nills saw what I did to his lovely cables I think he would fly over from Germany and slap me silly.


i kind of like it, it reminds me of the sentinels in the matrix
 
Installed my fan fix kit today.
Gotta say, the fan controller is fairly useless now.
The difference between low and medium is noticeable, the difference between medium and high, not at all.

And even worse, the fans at low are spinning way too high to be used when simply browsing, they produce too much noise.

Also, cable management is now much more difficult because of the single fan cable so you can't really route each fan connector where you need it anymore, all the fan cables have to go to the same place now.

I look forward to Corsair offering the full fix (ie: new fan controller) to us early adopters as this is not what I expected nor paid for. :(
 
The "fix" shouldnt change speeds at all. Its a capacitor that doesn't effect the power/watts/volts through the line.
 
Well then I suppose the fan controller was designed poorly from the start as two of the 3 speeds are nearly identical.

We won't know this until people with the officially fixed controller report their results.
 
Well then I suppose the fan controller was designed poorly from the start as two of the 3 speeds are nearly identical.

We won't know this until people with the officially fixed controller report their results.

The three voltages are 7V, 9V, and 12V. These are not identical, but they don't change the RPM of a 1000 RPM fan that much. If a fan is 1000 RPM at 12V, then it's about 800 at 9V and 650ish at 7V. The issue is that at 800 RPM and 650 RPM the 200mm fans sound about identical.

That's not really what it's for, though. It makes a much bigger difference on high-end CPU fans, something like the H70 at 2000 RPM. Then it'd be something like 2000 RPM, 1500 RPM, and 1200 RPM. This is much more noticeable. This is the reason 3 speeds were used, not two.

This, by the way, is a very common range for fan controllers.
 
i'm going to have to agree, the fix kit is sort of low rent. Medium and high are the same noise level and low is the new medium.

Sort of a bummer as i really like the 3 speed idea and do not want a 5.25" bay controller with a knob for every fan. They're ugly and a pain imo.

Maybe it is the fans and not the controller than need to be swapped out.

i wonder how other fans sound on the 'unfixed' controller. I have a 180mm ap181 on the way for the bottom intake, because that fan still makes a terrible whining sound post-fix kit (kinda like us on the forums) but cant decide on a top fan.

Can anyone comment on how other fans sound/act on the 'unfixed' controller WITHOUT any additional resisters?
 
Faulkton, the stock Corsair 200s, two CM 200mm megaflows, 140mm Noctua 120mm Noctua and 120mm stock Cooler Master all behave similarly with the fan kit you just received. The CFMs are different, but they all run too fast on low and med/high are about the same acoustically speaking. Sorry dude I couldn't sample more fans for you, that's all the fans I have in my house. I think the grommets are excellent, and allowed me to finally use the stock Corsair fans which do move alot of air the way I set them up. My best solution was to just plug the Corsair 200s into 3pin motherboard fan sockets, SpeedFan 4.41 says they are running at 611rpm, they are quiet and temps are the same as with two megaflows. For a 3speed solution dude that will be the Linear Controller, coming soon!;)

Also I have mobo software that can increase and decrease the fan speed on the fly if need be. Your Asus board comes with similar software I think. I am looking forward to installing the new linear fantroller but honestly when Corsair releases the Corsair Link device that to me is a better monitor/control solution. It will control not only fanspeeds but also lighting and monitor temps on the mobo all components even within your psu and psu fan speed. With that installed this H/M/L physical switch is going to seem trivial.

Does Eluder know he just posted 666? Yikes! Cancel that out man!;)
 
Last edited:
The three voltages are 7V, 9V, and 12V. These are not identical, but they don't change the RPM of a 1000 RPM fan that much. If a fan is 1000 RPM at 12V, then it's about 800 at 9V and 650ish at 7V. The issue is that at 800 RPM and 650 RPM the 200mm fans sound about identical.

That's not really what it's for, though. It makes a much bigger difference on high-end CPU fans, something like the H70 at 2000 RPM. Then it'd be something like 2000 RPM, 1500 RPM, and 1200 RPM. This is much more noticeable. This is the reason 3 speeds were used, not two.

This, by the way, is a very common range for fan controllers.

Well the speeds aren't sufficiently distinct to make for a useful fan controller. I thought that's what all the complaints were on the 600T and that Corsair made improvements here; that does not appear to be the case.
I can say that prior to using the fix, I had the 2 200mm Corsair fans connected using a Noctua Ultra Low Noise Adapter, and that made an immense difference on the noise. I expected the Low setting would provide similar results, but it's nowhere near that. And it's too bad, as it would have made for a great experience, but alas, the Low setting sounds more like a Medium setting, which is just too noisy for day to day use.
 
Well the speeds aren't sufficiently distinct to make for a useful fan controller. I thought that's what all the complaints were on the 600T and that Corsair made improvements here; that does not appear to be the case.
I can say that prior to using the fix, I had the 2 200mm Corsair fans connected using a Noctua Ultra Low Noise Adapter, and that made an immense difference on the noise. I expected the Low setting would provide similar results, but it's nowhere near that. And it's too bad, as it would have made for a great experience, but alas, the Low setting sounds more like a Medium setting, which is just too noisy for day to day use.

The Noctua ULNA should bring it down to 5V, which would make the fans run at under 500 RPM, in my estimation, +/- 15%.

Most aftermarket fan controllers go from 5V to 11V, ours is 7V to 12V. So our low is a bit higher, but we actually do get to the full 12V at high, which is surprisingly uncommon for multi-channel fan controllers.

I realize people have different acceptable noise levels and cooling levels.

With the 600T, some people complained the fans weren't fast enough, but it was quiet. And when we upped the speed of the fans and increased the range of the fan controller (600T was 9.5V to 12V) we figured people would be cool with that.

If the fans are still too loud on low, I can try one more thing for you if you email me at redbeard@corsair.com but otherwise, finding some slower fans (Xigmatek 200mm x 20mms fit, and run at 700 RPM max) would probably be your best choice.
 
I still believe a Corsair/Noctua 200mm superfan is a terrific idea. With Corsair ULNA adapters and Corsair screwhead design molded grommets. But as always its just wishful thinking. How does one become a member of the Corsair Design Group?:) Do all new directions come from within or do you work with independent contractors?
 
Last edited:
I still believe a Corsair/Noctua 200mm superfan is a terrific idea. With Corsair ULNA adapters and Corsair screwhead design molded grommets. But as always its just wishful thinking. How can I become a member of the Corsair Design Group?:)

To be honest, Noctua fans are quiet and well made, but there's no secret sauce.

The ULNA adapters are a resistor soldered to a wire, and heat-shrinked.

The fans are quiet because they're very slow. We've tested a bunch of fans in the lab, and Noctua's are quiet for their RPM, but they're not the quietest.

And even the P series could do a little better on the static pressure side of things, they don't make fantastic radiator fans (though they work really well on Noctua's huge heatpipe coolers with the wide fin spacing).

I like Noctua products, used them in my home system back in the day. What they've done well is add the little accessories to the box that you normally wouldn't get (the ULNA, the rubber fan mounts) and pick the most unique color scheme possible.
 
MeanBruce.... How do you have your fans setup?

My top 200 is intaking around the top 200, judging the dust there.

I must be deaf as at full speed, my gpus are louder!
 
Appreciate the offer for assistance, yes, I have to say, they are too loud on low for my daily use.

I have sent an email and appreciate any advice you may provide to help reduce the fan speeds (noise) on low.

The Noctua ULNA should bring it down to 5V, which would make the fans run at under 500 RPM, in my estimation, +/- 15%.

Most aftermarket fan controllers go from 5V to 11V, ours is 7V to 12V. So our low is a bit higher, but we actually do get to the full 12V at high, which is surprisingly uncommon for multi-channel fan controllers.

I realize people have different acceptable noise levels and cooling levels.

With the 600T, some people complained the fans weren't fast enough, but it was quiet. And when we upped the speed of the fans and increased the range of the fan controller (600T was 9.5V to 12V) we figured people would be cool with that.

If the fans are still too loud on low, I can try one more thing for you if you email me at redbeard@corsair.com but otherwise, finding some slower fans (Xigmatek 200mm x 20mms fit, and run at 700 RPM max) would probably be your best choice.
 
The Noctua ULNA should bring it down to 5V, which would make the fans run at under 500 RPM, in my estimation, +/- 15%.

Most aftermarket fan controllers go from 5V to 11V, ours is 7V to 12V. So our low is a bit higher, but we actually do get to the full 12V at high, which is surprisingly uncommon for multi-channel fan controllers.

I realize people have different acceptable noise levels and cooling levels.

With the 600T, some people complained the fans weren't fast enough, but it was quiet. And when we upped the speed of the fans and increased the range of the fan controller (600T was 9.5V to 12V) we figured people would be cool with that.

If the fans are still too loud on low, I can try one more thing for you if you email me at redbeard@corsair.com but otherwise, finding some slower fans (Xigmatek 200mm x 20mms fit, and run at 700 RPM max) would probably be your best choice.

Critics will be critics... I appreciate you taking our concerns with the big gnobby controller in the top and the fan speeds and the radiator spacing.
 
The Noctua ULNA should bring it down to 5V, which would make the fans run at under 500 RPM, in my estimation, +/- 15%.

Most aftermarket fan controllers go from 5V to 11V, ours is 7V to 12V. So our low is a bit higher, but we actually do get to the full 12V at high, which is surprisingly uncommon for multi-channel fan controllers.

I realize people have different acceptable noise levels and cooling levels.

With the 600T, some people complained the fans weren't fast enough, but it was quiet. And when we upped the speed of the fans and increased the range of the fan controller (600T was 9.5V to 12V) we figured people would be cool with that.

If the fans are still too loud on low, I can try one more thing for you if you email me at redbeard@corsair.com but otherwise, finding some slower fans (Xigmatek 200mm x 20mms fit, and run at 700 RPM max) would probably be your best choice.

Mr. Redbeard a warning about the Corsair 200mm Fan/Noctua inline resistor combination: I dont know why but in this configuration, the resistors heat up so much they will actually burn your fingers. It’s not just warm to the touch like when they are hooked up to a megaflow or a Noctua, they will really give you a first degree burn! Try it man you will see what I mean both blue and black codes inlines become extremely hot, hot enough to melt the sleeving over time. Eluder has this same situation, I can’t explain it, I am sure your engineers can!
 
Mr. Redbeard a warning about the Corsair 200mm Fan/Noctua inline resistor combination: I dont know why but in this configuration, the resistors heat up so much they will actually burn your fingers. It’s not just warm to the touch like when they are hooked up to a megaflow or a Noctua, they will really give you a first degree burn! Try it man you will see what I mean both blue and black codes inlines become extremely hot, hot enough to melt the sleeving over time. Eluder has this same situation, I can’t explain it, I am sure your engineers can!

I'll ask the engineer about the power ratings on the 200mm fans on 650D. My guess is they're drawing a bit more power than your standard 120mm fan would be.
 
MeanBruce.... How do you have your fans setup?

My top 200 is intaking around the top 200, judging the dust there.

I must be deaf as at full speed, my gpus are louder!

This was my set-up while I was waiting on the fan kit to arrive, it works extremely well:

Ultra-quiet fan set-up

Front Intake: Clear megaflow 200mm with black Noctua 9v feed attached with Noctua male grommets

Top Exhaust: Black megaflow 200mm with blue Noctua 7v feed attached same

Rear as Intake: Corsair stock 120mm with blue Noctua 7v feed attached with Corsair screws and Sorbothane pads

This set-up produces 10dB or less, comparing each and the sum to the auditory output of a Noctua 140mm reference fan producing 10.6dB attenuated!


When the fan kit came yesterday I had been itching to remount the Corsair stock fans and the inline cap just didnt do the trick. But I found the grommets of excellent quality, wish they could be used over and over, but their transmission is very low, so I finally got the Corsair 200mms working in the case. I tried using the same Noctua resistor set-up, but the resistors became Extremely HOT in just a matter of seconds, could not touch them and I was afraid the sleeving on them would begin to melt. So I just hooked both Corsair 200s into some mainboard fan ports and like I stated SpeedFan 4.41 says they are running at 611rpm, Extremely quiet and my temps are CPU 30 and GPU 37 to 41. I am running a Noctua NH-D14 passive and yes the front as intake the rear 120mm as intake and the top 200 as exhaust, hope this helps!;)
 
Last edited:
I dont think Eluder knows he posted #666, a building might fall on him or something.
 
Last edited:
Thanks... I'd have to remount my nh-12 again to run like that...

But might have too, as i hate seeing 80 after it use to be low 70s.
 
Not exactly encouraged by what I am reading about the fan fix. Guess I'll wait to see what my own experience is.

Really confusing now as what to do regarding which fans to use and where, and then whether to connect them to the motherboard or the fanfix. Blah.
 
Not exactly encouraged by what I am reading about the fan fix. Guess I'll wait to see what my own experience is.

Really confusing now as what to do regarding which fans to use and where, and then whether to connect them to the motherboard or the fanfix. Blah.

Now Joe don't you go and do anything crazy, we'll get thru this together ok?;) The good news is the grommets work extremely well, and if you don't cut them, I wouldn't until you are absolutely sure you like your setup. If you leave em long you can reuse them. 1) Play around with the fix kit, see what you think. 2) try some mobo ports for the Corsair 200mm fans and check their rpm around 550 to 615 rpm the fans are quiet. 3) if neither of these are working for ya, then just hold on the new controllers are on the way.
 
Last edited:
Now Joe don't you go and do anything crazy, we'll get thru this together ok?;) The good news is the grommets work extremely well, and if you don't cut them, I wouldn't until you are absolutely sure you like your setup. If you leave em long you can reuse them. 1) Play around with the fix kit, see what you think. 2) try some mobo ports for the Corsair 200mm fans and check their rpm around 550 to 615 rpm the fans are quiet. 3) if neither of these are working for ya, then just hold on the new controllers are on the way.

I'm holding back on the craziness for now (removes Noctua and Thermalright fans from cart).

I won't cut the grommets until I'm sure of what I'm using. Definitely gonna try the fan fix, and then mix and match with motherboard connections I guess.

What's the difference with the new controller?
 
Back
Top