• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Yep. The trick is cable ties/zip ties and patience.

There are lots of areas to use for cable tying in the 650D, and some areas you can use to conceal cables as well.

For show systems I used to spend an hour or more per system just getting the cables perfect.
 
I am actually curious as to what sort of difference, if any, would occur from replacing the 200mm (if I was to still have issues) with a 140mm fan from say Thermalright for example.

I remember using 80mm in everything back in the day, and this is honestly my first case to implement 200mm fans. I guess the only way to find out would be to do it for myself since each system and environment is unique. Might be a fun experiment in itself.

Gonna hook up the fan fix tomorrow, and then see what the linear kit holds.

Any recommendations on what to or not to hook up to the fan fix and leave to the motherboard?


The Blueair filters look amazing, but damn, the price is more than the Honeywell's which apparently I was duped into thinking they were top notch. If they're worth what you pay for, I'm gonna keep thinking about it.

Does your computer room have carpet or hardwood or what? I have really low/flat carpet, not that fluffy poodle stuff, but God knows when the last time was that it was cleaned or how much dust it is generating.


Anxiously awaiting to see how you routed your cables. Mine is still bulging like whoa.

Joseph, I have the same flat pile carpeting and I call it the computer room but it’s really just a small office with a mini fridge, microwave, and bookshelves and such. The Blueairs really are expensive from $300 to $900 but really worth it, but you still have to vacuum, but again take a look at my cable routing photos I put up yesterday, almost zero dust, and the 650D intake filters help a great deal, I just remove them and vacuum them clean. Sorry about last night, I am working this morning and taking those cabling photos for you, will send them to your email, and yes I really did spend up to 8 hours working on the cables, not all at once but a couple hours at a time. I started with the 24pin, and tried about 6 different routes for it, then chose the best one, which was towards the rear of the case, closed the panel and made sure it was clear, and did that for each and every cable, it sounds tedious, it is, but I really got phenomenal results! When I close the panel only the springs in the latches click, just like the case is empty, and that is why it took me so long. George is right it takes a huge amount of patience, take a look at my photos, I sent to your email, I am sure they will help you!;)
 
Last edited:
Yep. The trick is cable ties/zip ties and patience.

There are lots of areas to use for cable tying in the 650D, and some areas you can use to conceal cables as well.

For show systems I used to spend an hour or more per system just getting the cables perfect.

Note for the next case, more tie down spots behind the motherboard tray.
I actually found very few tie down spots on the 650D on the side where the i/o panel is. There's maybe only one (or is it none) tie down there.
 
Here's a half hour of wiring.


No buldge no hangups.. I even put 24pin and 8 pin extenders on to add to the bulk.

 
Last edited:
Note for the next case, more tie down spots behind the motherboard tray.
I actually found very few tie down spots on the 650D on the side where the i/o panel is. There's maybe only one (or is it none) tie down there.
+1

I also thought it could use some more spots to attach zip ties.

Glad for the ones it has, just found myself wishing for some more... both on the side closest to the i/o plate and the near the optical drives.
 
I think he could do better, theres a lot of cable condensation in one area and he is completely not utilizing the back space behind the motherboard its empty with space there that could be used for cabling.

like the psu 24 pin extension is going behind the drive cages and is visible.. its alright in its current state I guess but not really well done.
 
I think he could do better, theres a lot of cable condensation in one area and he is completely not utilizing the back space behind the motherboard its empty with space there that could be used for cabling.

like the psu 24 pin extension is going behind the drive cages and is visible.. its alright in its current state I guess but not really well done.

Yup, it could be better.... It was a toss together and have clean airflow

The biggest issue is the modular psu. The cables connect along the complete front of the psu, so it makes going behind the tray difficlt.

06.jpg


I worry about putting wires in the cpu cutout and shorting the mobo.

I go more for clean airflow, than hidden wires from the front side.
 
MeanBruce, thanks for the info, seems as though they use a different Megaflow in the Haf 912 than in the 922 and 932. Damn, need to find that one from the 912 somewhere since it's black and non LED.
That one you have is easy to mount in place of the 200mm from Corsair.

Eluder, wishing you luck on finding the megaflow in Black, for some strange reason Cooler Master does not sell them from their website, and to complicate matters further mine came with a HAF 912 Advanced, which comes with a black megaflow and a clear red led megaflow. There is also a HAF 912 Plus with just a single red led megaflow and a HAF 912 basic for only $59 but it comes with only 120mm fans. If you have a need for another case like for Home Theatre or a children’s learning computer then the HAF 912 Advanced for $99 is a steal of a deal, it’s not elegant by any means, and not anywhere near the level of build quality of the Corsair 650D! But if you have a need for a secondary rig then that is the only way I know to get the Black Non-LED Megaflow!
 
Last edited:
since measurements dont speak about

whats the distance from the motherboard tray to the side panel? is it a wide case? I remember 700/800D being really wide which I like about. 650 D doesn't have to be as wide as them but is it wider than regular?

how much space there is behind the motherboard for cable management?
 
I think he could do better, theres a lot of cable condensation in one area and he is completely not utilizing the back space behind the motherboard its empty with space there that could be used for cabling.

like the psu 24 pin extension is going behind the drive cages and is visible.. its alright in its current state I guess but not really well done.

sure it's not perfect, I noticed the 24 pin adapter as well (and it actually looks like the 24 pin connector from the PSU is long enough, why the adapter...? a color scheme thing...?) but it still looks nice and clean, just not perfect...

also, seems like there are a lot of complaints, anyone return theirs...? should we be expecting any open box deals on these...? :D
 
Yha, i got the extender because i hate the 3/4 sleeve job by silverstone... It was 8 bucks and was getting the 8 pin, so why not black it out.
 
Redbeard, I have a 600T and would like to switch my fans to the 650D fans (1000rpm, non led). I believe it was mentioned that these fans would be made available to ppl that wanted to switch. I looked on the website but didn't see them. Where can I find them? Thanks
 
We should have the new 1000 RPM fans in stock on the website sometime in mid to late May. I didn't want to put them up on the website until we have them in inventory here in the hub.
 
We should have the new 1000 RPM fans in stock on the website sometime in mid to late May. I didn't want to put them up on the website until we have them in inventory here in the hub.

Thank Redbeard. I will keep an eye out on the website for them.
 
anyone order from amazon and knows how long it takes? It says 2-4 on their site :/
 
cat1yst

I asked guys over at the topic about silverstone Ft02 which is also on amazone. 3-4 days standard and 5-8 super saver shipping. around a week.

im actually getting ready to buy it, still auto convincing myself that Its worth it.
 
cat1yst

I asked guys over at the topic about silverstone Ft02 which is also on amazone. 3-4 days standard and 5-8 super saver shipping. around a week.

im actually getting ready to buy it, still auto convincing myself that Its worth it.

The t02 appears to be in stock, whereas the 650D isnt in stock from what ive seen? Redbeard you know anything about how amazons handling orders?

Thanks!

On a side note. i really wish someone would add an A to my username. Huge typo error when i made this account back in 8th grade.
 
Can a drive rack be located on the bottom with an AX1200 installed? It looks tight.

I am thinking about installing TY-140 fans. Will 2 fit in the top side-by-side and has anyone fit one in the back? I believe these fans have 120 mm hole spacing. If the holes don't line up, I will have to rig something for the front.

It's a shame all Obsidian cases lack mounting points in the front, for multiple 120 or 140 fans. 200 mm gaping holes is a poor or lazy design choice in my opinion. Without owning one yet, this is my only gripe, otherwise it seems like a sweet case.
 
The t02 appears to be in stock, whereas the 650D isnt in stock from what ive seen? Redbeard you know anything about how amazons handling orders?

Thanks!

On a side note. i really wish someone would add an A to my username. Huge typo error when i made this account back in 8th grade.

how can you tell if it isn't in stock? I dont see anything. I see the price, and that it is sold and ships from amazon but nothing about that its not in stock. In cart it doesn't say it's not in stock either. ?
 
Can a drive rack be located on the bottom with an AX1200 installed? It looks tight.
*snip*
It's a shame all Obsidian cases lack mounting points in the front, for multiple 120 or 140 fans. 200 mm gaping holes is a poor or lazy design choice in my opinion. Without owning one yet, this is my only gripe, otherwise it seems like a sweet case.

A) Ive seen pics of it being Ok. It may be a little tight, but should work.
B) Ive got no personal qualms with the 200mm, its pretty much maximizing the availible space. If you were to do dual 120's in the front youd be sacrificing a 5.25 bay or breaking its midtower profile.


how can you tell if it isn't in stock? I dont see anything. I see the price, and that it is sold and ships from amazon but nothing about that its not in stock. In cart it doesn't say it's not in stock either. ?
It will say "in stock and qualifies for super saver shipping" i think they order them one at a time or something. :/
 
Got my 650D thursday, Had system up and running friday morning. Love the 650D except for my fan controller wont fit in the 5.25 front bay and the CM 200mm fan I bought wont fit as intact fan in front w/ drive rack. The rack hits the fan and wont mount. Where can you mount a SSD inside? I thought the 650Ds rack would allow for a SSD to be installed, but the holes dont line up w/ those little rail guides. I had to mount my SSD on top. But overall, Love it.
 
B) Ive got no personal qualms with the 200mm, its pretty much maximizing the availible space. If you were to do dual 120's in the front youd be sacrificing a 5.25 bay or breaking its midtower profile.

The biggest issue with the 200mm i think is the low pressure and so it doesnt pusyh air past the hd cages bwell.

I just stuck 2 140 Noctuas up top, man theyre quiet, to try sand draw more Air up.
 
Just installed the fan fix.

Fans are louder than ever. Going back to the motherboard connections. What a colossal waste of time that was. Hey, at least I got 6 grommets for 1.5 of the fans...

Might be time to break down and buy a 3rd party fan just to test the waters. WTF am I supposed to do with a leftover 200mm Corsair fan? Anyone want one?
 
If you take the front filter off, you still hear some buzzing. Went to rinse mine off and let it dry, came back, noticed the sound still. Blah.

Bruce, I posted pics earlier in this thread (I think) and I posted the same thing in a Corsair board thread.
 
The biggest issue with the 200mm i think is the low pressure and so it doesnt pusyh air past the hd cages bwell.

I just stuck 2 140 Noctuas up top, man theyre quiet, to try sand draw more Air up.

Silverstone AP181
Job done :)
 
While I applaud the communication and the attempts to fix things, particularly in regards to Redbeard and his service, the end result has not been satisfactory. I am currently not running the front intake or top exhaust 200mm fans because regardless of where I plug them in, they frankly sound like a fucking vacuum cleaner. Maybe a vibrator on a breezy summer's day. Unacceptable.

What's the value of these fans? 15, 20 bucks a piece? Nice addition of pricey accessories that don't work. So what are my options? Deal with the noise? Deal with a cumbersome return with NewEgg? (Yeah right) Run my system without the fans in operation?

Like I said, the attempts to fix this problem have been commendable, but they do not work. I'm not sure what can make this okay other than a replacement case that is issue free plus an already paid return label to send back the current case, or maybe a couple of silent Noctua or Thermalright fans my way. I don't want to sound overly harsh, but I do want to tell it like it is, and right now it's not pleasant.
 
Looking at the first photos, I thought, "Nice case, but the fans look cheap, so does the controller, and the 200 mm circle in the front should have been (2) 120's/140's." I am in the queue at Amazon to get a 650D and already purchased (4) TY-140's and rubber plugs. Not going to even try the stock ones. I will be using a silver arrow for the cpu and possibly 2 rads for (2) 580's. Will try all air first.

The integrated external HDD dock, the filters, the removable HDD trays, the grommets, black decor, were all great features. In my opinion, the next case should not include a fan controller or fans and should be significantly cheaper. I recommend focusing on the layout for mounting common fans, something the Obsidian cases are lacking. I would gladly sacrifice HDD or 5.25 bay space for more cooling options. Since windows are either loved or hated, the next case should come in both flavors, and each should have a 120/140 fan mount near the PCIE slots. Would also love a case that could accommodate (2) 360 rads and (2) 120/140 holes for fans. The 800D came close, but I felt the interior front design was NFG.

Has anyone used the front audio connectors? Is there any static with headphones?
 
Last edited:
Looking at the first photos, I thought, "Nice case, but the fans look cheap, so does the controller, and the 200 mm circle in the front should have been (2) 120's/140's." I am in the queue at Amazon to get a 650D and already purchased (4) TY-140's and rubber plugs. Not going to even try the stock ones. I will be using a silver arrow for the cpu and possibly 2 rads for (2) 580's. Will try all air first.

The integrated external HDD dock, the filters, the removable HDD trays, the grommets, black decor, were all great features. In my opinion, the next case should not include a fan controller or fans and should be significantly cheaper. I recommend focusing on the layout for mounting common fans, something the Obsidian cases are lacking. I would gladly sacrifice HDD or 5.25 bay space for more cooling options. Since windows are either loved or hated, the next case should come in both flavors, and each should have a 120/140 fan mount near the PCIE slots. Wish we could mate the 690 ii advanced and 650D. Would also love a case that could accommodate (2) 360 rads and (2) 120/140 holes for fans. The 800D came close, but the interior front design was NFG in my opinion.

Has anyone used the front audio connectors? Is there any static with headphones?

Any idea how soon you will have your case? I have the Silver Arrow as well and it is the best heatsink I have ever used.

I'm particularly interested because you plan on using TY-140's, which I am considering purchasing two more of to replace the 200mm fans. I guess I could disconnect one from the CPU and test it out, but that's quite a pain, but hey not as bad as what I've already dealt with. Just curious as to how a system full of them would be. I'll give that a shot.

Do you plan on using a separate fan controller, or just mobo plugs?
 
two TY-140's wont fit the stock mounting holes in the top of the case. The circumference sticks out beyond the mounting holes which means two wont fit side by side using the stock 120 mounts.

The AP-181 doesnt line up with the mounting holes for the front intake.

I ended up with a couple of 140mm noiseblockers up top and just made new holes for the AP-181 on the front.

Really like both fans, i just need an easy way to control them... especially the air penetrator :p
 
Hi all, im new to this forum and ive just picked up the corsair 650D case.

Its a brilliant case, walks all over my last plastic one (NZXT Phantom, bad memorys i'll save for another post).

Mine came with the fan controller fix (not the new fan controller, just the fix kit). Problem is it doesnt when i change the speen on the fan controller it fansa almost no difference to the fan speeds what so ever!

Ive read about a new linear fan controller, dound on the new 650-1 models, how do i go about getting hold of one of these?

Would really appreciate your help guys, its the only thing stopping this from being a perfect case! Please help. Redbeard i believe its you that speaks on behalf of Corsair? Can you help me with this?

Thanks Guys

My Specs:

Corsair 650D Case
Core i7 950 3ghz (havent overclocked)
Antec 620 CPU cooler (stock fan loud as hell, hence no overclock, replaced stock fan with a Noctua P14 with ULNA).
ASUS P6x58D-E Mobo
Patriot Viper 6GB 1600mhz ram (hence why i havent got the Noctua D14 CPU cooler, poxy heat fans in the way)
Coolermaster 750W PSU (soon to be cvhanged for a Corsair moduler model)
GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB (soon to be replaced with a GTX480)
WD Caviar Black 640GB HDD (soon to add a OCZ Vertex 2E120GB)
Xonar D2X Sound Card
Wireless Internet Card )cant remember the exact model)
Coolermaster 200mm Megaflow Red LED intake (is there any better 200mm fans out there?)
Noctua P14 140mm fan Exhast (soon to add another one) - Whole system now very quiet :)
 
I THINK redbeard said that once production smooths out with the -1 fan controller, it will be availible to the peeps that bought the 650D early.
 
two TY-140's wont fit the stock mounting holes in the top of the case. The circumference sticks out beyond the mounting holes which means two wont fit side by side using the stock 120 mounts.

I see the dims now. :mad: Retarded, they should have holes on the flanges for 120 and 140, and provided a longer cable. A stock 120 x 140 adapter is a huge delta P, so that won't work. Before exploring new fans, I will try rubber plugs through the mesh holes or think of a clever alternative means of mounting 2 side by side. Faulkton, have you tried rubber plugs through the grille, might work for the front too?

Any idea how soon you will have your case? I have the Silver Arrow as well and it is the best heatsink I have ever used.

Amazon claims 2-4 weeks. No way I am paying more than $200 for this. Waiting on Z68 anyways. For the fans, I plan to use Y splitters and the board connectors. Also have a bunch of inline pots laying around.

Has anyone used the front audio connectors? Is there any static with headphones?
 
Last edited:
If anybody wants the 650D linear fan controller, email me: redbeard@corsair.com

I want one!;) Maybe it will arrive this week. If so I will install that baby, and let everyone know how it checks out! Guru3d.com has a great review on the chassis, the 650D garnered the "Best Hardware Award" and the linear controller seems to have worked fine for the reviewer, a non-issue, so hope is right around the corner! Thanks Mr. Redbeard!
 
Last edited:
While I applaud the communication and the attempts to fix things, particularly in regards to Redbeard and his service, the end result has not been satisfactory. I am currently not running the front intake or top exhaust 200mm fans because regardless of where I plug them in, they frankly sound like a fucking vacuum cleaner. Maybe a vibrator on a breezy summer's day. Unacceptable.

What's the value of these fans? 15, 20 bucks a piece? Nice addition of pricey accessories that don't work. So what are my options? Deal with the noise? Deal with a cumbersome return with NewEgg? (Yeah right) Run my system without the fans in operation?

Like I said, the attempts to fix this problem have been commendable, but they do not work. I'm not sure what can make this okay other than a replacement case that is issue free plus an already paid return label to send back the current case, or maybe a couple of silent Noctua or Thermalright fans my way. I don't want to sound overly harsh, but I do want to tell it like it is, and right now it's not pleasant.


Joe is probably the most laid back guy here, so if he is unhappy, you know that poop really has hit the fan!;) OK bad joke. Hope I am not fined for that one. Joe the only reason I used the mobo fan port was that when using Noctua resistors and the Corsair 200mm fan together the resistor gets extremely hot, not a good situation. Plugged into the mobo just use software to adjust the fan speed to a sound level that works out for you. The grommets that came with the fan kit work extremely well. I have the Corsair 200mmx40mm twin prop fan working great as a top exhaust[making one is simple, just use a little silicone] no buzzing whining, 470rpm, actually have a little noise in the black CM megaflow mounted up front, but not much. I think there exists a sort of gravity effect; any fan mounted up top with soft rubber grommets is going to be more silent since the weight of the fan alone pulls on the grommet, allowing less contact with the metal surface and isolates the transmitted vibration more effectively. All conditions equal in the front position you just don’t get that same gravity effect, I am sure the difference is minimal, but I can hear it, no matter what fans I use. It’s just a hypothesis, but I think a good one. Joe, I am using some Noctua resistors and gromms, but have all 6 of my Noctua fans in a box, trying to keep that Obsidian Black look going on! What I am trying to say is dropping $200bucks on fans, easy to do with Noctua, isn’t gonna solve the issue for you, hang tight man, Mr. Redbeard will send you a new controller! Crossing fingers!;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top