• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Yeah I am glad I waited this out and didn't go with the 700D. I guess having too much space isn't a bad thing, but I just don't need it, supposedly the air cooling is better, and it was a bit cheaper. As I have mentioned before, coming up from an Antec P180, I have not second guessed this purchase once even when I have seen a couple people finding it at a lower price than what I paid.

Just waiting on that silly fan fix. If that doesn't live up to my expectations, guess I need to look into 3rd party fans.
 
I think the fan fix should do just fine as I have been running the stock 200mm fans at a lower speed using Noctua resistors since I got the case and it's pretty quiet and the cooling is definitely adequate for my overclocked system (65C max for my OC'ed 2600k). I look forward to being able to use the fans at full speed when I'm gaming since I won't hear them over the game's audio and it should keep my system even cooler.
 
I think the fan fix should do just fine as I have been running the stock 200mm fans at a lower speed using Noctua resistors since I got the case and it's pretty quiet and the cooling is definitely adequate for my overclocked system (65C max for my OC'ed 2600k). I look forward to being able to use the fans at full speed when I'm gaming since I won't hear them over the game's audio and it should keep my system even cooler.

I actually planned on doing something like this if I kept the stock fans. Is there anywhere I can get the Noctua ULNA resistors by themselves, or do they only come with certain fans? The Corsair fan moves enough air for sure, I'd just like to have a bit more control over the speed/noise and the ULNA adapters seem to do a great job.
 
What the hell?

Am I the only one whos temps went up?

I'm on full and I'm 10C higher on my gpus and 6C on my cpu. I'm now at 81-83C on my cpu, and hit 90s on my top gpu.

Is my front fan bad? MY FULL SPEED NOISE IS REALLY QUIET.... oops caps, that i thinkin i'm not full potential
 
I don't believe you can get them separately to be honest.
You wouldn't need the adapter though once the fan fix is in place as you could simply flip the switch to low. I'll be removing the ULNA's when I receive my fan fix, which I hope will be soon!
 
I don't believe you can get them separately to be honest.
You wouldn't need the adapter though once the fan fix is in place as you could simply flip the switch to low. I'll be removing the ULNA's when I receive my fan fix, which I hope will be soon!

If the fans are quiet enough with the fix, I'll keep them. If they leave something to be desired, I might invest in a Noctua NF-S12B or two.
 
Dudes I'm just kickin' back enjoying 30C CPU and 34C to 38C GPU. Ahhhh and it's a dry heat! Luv that 650D!;)
 
If the fans are quiet enough with the fix, I'll keep them. If they leave something to be desired, I might invest in a Noctua NF-S12B or two.

I have those, definitely silent, but as exhaust fans, I'd probably go with the NF-P14FLX's since they will push a fair amount more air, and I find fans as exhaust are always quieter than intakes.
 
Has anyone done any serious testing of the airflow of this case? I'm generally skeptical of 200mm fans.

Is there anywhere I can get the Noctua ULNA resistors by themselves, or do they only come with certain fans?

Ask around - you get LNA and ULNA resistors with every Noctua fan, so I'm sure there will be people who have a pair of these lying around.

I have those, definitely silent, but as exhaust fans, I'd probably go with the NF-P14FLX's since they will push a fair amount more air, and I find fans as exhaust are always quieter than intakes.

Not a big fan (no pun intended) of the P14 - and here's why. You're better off with the Thermalright X-Silent 140.
 
Has anyone done any serious testing of the airflow of this case? I'm generally skeptical of 200mm fans.

Ask around - you get LNA and ULNA resistors with every Noctua fan, so I'm sure there will be people who have a pair of these lying around.

Not a big fan (no pun intended) of the P14 - and here's why. You're better off with the Thermalright X-Silent 140.

Maybe if somebody sees this thread and has some spare LNA or ULNA resistors they'll get in touch...Maybe the fan fix will be good enough.

I have a Thermalright Silver Arrow and its performance is stellar. So I wonder what the difference would be like if I replaced the stock Corsairs (any of them, or all of them) with Thermalright TY-140 fans.

Also, what's your thoughts on what this guy says: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60968&p=528534

I'm not even using my top exhaust fan right now, so the front intake is what I would be buying a fan for. However, one of the main points he illustrates is that using this as a front intake is exceptionally noisy. Strange.
 
Last edited:
Well my original Amazon order got cancelled - and they've got a new listing up for the case at the same price but with a slightly different model number.
 
Well my original Amazon order got cancelled - and they've got a new listing up for the case at the same price but with a slightly different model number.

same here and i placed my order again right away
but shipping estimate is may 2 ~ may 11 pushed from april 18 ~ may 2
maybe this is problem free model? maybe RedBeard can tell us what's different
Corsair Obsidian 650D Aluminum Mid Tower ATX Enthusiast Computer Case - Black CC650DW-1
 
Last edited:
Have the voltages/RPM for the speeds of the fan controller been mentioned?

Hoping to have my fan fix shipped tomorrow. Still says processing after 3 weeks. Not too sure what to do.
 
Mine is still processing as well, I'm going to assume they ran out of the fix from the first shipment, but only Redbeard can let us know what's really happening.
 
Have the voltages/RPM for the speeds of the fan controller been mentioned?

Hoping to have my fan fix shipped tomorrow. Still says processing after 3 weeks. Not too sure what to do.

The fan controller should hit 7V, 9V, and 12V at the three settings.

The fan fix kits have been shipped to everybody who ordered on the web store. They actually sometimes get shipped before the status is updated, so don't be surprised to have your fix kit in your hands before the status says its shipped.
 
The fan controller should hit 7V, 9V, and 12V at the three settings.

The fan fix kits have been shipped to everybody who ordered on the web store. They actually sometimes get shipped before the status is updated, so don't be surprised to have your fix kit in your hands before the status says its shipped.

Thank you Redbeard, those were the voltages I was hoping for. And hopefully I get surprised any day now with the kit. I ordered it as soon as you told us the link, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't have shipped. Thanks again.
 
Hey guys, Tom Logan has a great 23min video review on the case on YouTube just search "corsair 650D", listed under TimeToLiveCustoms 23min. I think he is very impressed, which if you have followed his reviews is a great thing, he hated the 800D/700D and only partially took to the 600T. So Corsair finally made him happy, he's a right proper Brit and a great aircooling/overclocking/silent enthusiast!;) I think that could be an oxymoron! Or maybe i'm just a moron!;)

Addendum: I am being constrained by a mad woman who is lovely and making me state that yes Joe the yammos are all natural. Always in the dog house, no matter what!;)
 
Last edited:
Here's the review vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z5Z4OtlOtc

He pointed out exactly what I thought about the 600T and not being able to comfortably support watercooling. However the 650D offers almost everything that computer enthusiasts are looking for in a case. Props to corsair for taking our input and bringing out a case that I want to use for my next build.
 
Oh man, that guy. :(

He has a face for radio and a voice for print. I can tolerate a lot on the internet, especially when it comes to amateur product reviewers, but this guy makes my eyes and ears sad, haha.

Oh, and his 800D and 600T reviews were garbage, it felt as though he was actively reaching for things to complain about.
 
The fan controller should hit 7V, 9V, and 12V at the three settings.

The fan fix kits have been shipped to everybody who ordered on the web store. They actually sometimes get shipped before the status is updated, so don't be surprised to have your fix kit in your hands before the status says its shipped.

thanks i was wondering that too.

i also was wondering what the max draw on the fan controller is? Would it be safe to hook more than 4 fans to the controller?

thanks for all your info!
 
I just wish the 650D was alittle bit more cheaper. If it was like $150-$175, Would be alot better IMO. Still like it though.

The egg has it for $209+shipping :eek:, While amazon is $171 free shipping, Of course it says it ships between 2-4 weeks :confused:

Come on Newegg, Lower the damn price to match :)

I think I would rather use my 4 fan lamptron controller instead of the 1 thats on this 1.
 
Last edited:
It is that price in Canada for some reason, which is rare as we are always overpaying vs our friends in the south. I paid $157 at a local store, so no shipping, so it was a good price for me.
 
Oh man, that guy. :(

He has a face for radio and a voice for print. I can tolerate a lot on the internet, especially when it comes to amateur product reviewers, but this guy makes my eyes and ears sad, haha.

Oh, and his 800D and 600T reviews were garbage, it felt as though he was actively reaching for things to complain about.
I didn't bother to look at the 800D or 700D videos, but the 600T review touched on something that I didn't like about it. That is the fact that it didn't leave alot of room for watercooling.
And isn't this [H]ardforum? I thought we were [H]ard on products here and pick them apart like that guy does :p
 
I just wish the 650D was alittle bit more cheaper. If it was like $150-$175, Would be alot better IMO. Still like it though.

The egg has it for $209+shipping :eek:, While amazon is $171 free shipping, Of course it says it ships between 2-4 weeks :confused:

Come on Newegg, Lower the damn price to match :)

I think I would rather use my 4 fan lamptron controller instead of the 1 thats on this 1.

The price will drop a bit when more people have it in stock in the next few months. If I were Newegg I'd have the price high too, they're the only place to get it in the US and people are paying it. Once TigerDirect, Microcenter, Fry's, Amazon, etc, get their cases, then they'll be forced to compete with each other price-wise.
 
Yes, what is the 200mm cfm..... I'm extremely unhappy with cooling on it.

I went from 80-82C to 68-70C by opening the case side.... Even more on my gpus.

My crappy 900 was alot better at air cooling than this is...

Even putting a cpu loop in won't solve my temps... The front intake needs to increase! But until i know what the cfm is, its a guess.
 
I admit this wasn’t Tom's best review, it’s more like a preview, I think he will do a few builds with the 650D and then be much more thorough, he just had zero time as you could tell. But he REALLY has no problem shovelling out the s**t about BAD products, so much so that you wonder how the companies keep sending him stuff to review. I think his experience and input are invaluable, most reviewers just sugar coat a bad product, Tom will tell you it SUCKS, and to not waste your money. For CPU coolers, Motherboards, CPUs and Cases he is the best I have found, just like Anandtech is the best for SSDs and Apple gear, and Jonny Guru is the best for PSUs. Anyone know some better reviewers I would love to hear about them! ;) Oh and he is not amateur he owns and operates Overclock3D.com, check it out, I should have mentioned that... so bloody sorry!;)
 
Last edited:
I got the fan kit today. Came surprising quick considering it was shipped last Thursday and I'm in Canada. Pretty quick for the free UPS shipping option. Good job Corsair for that. That buzzing noise that occured when the fan controller was set to medium or low is now gone. Though, I feel that the front fan on low is only a little bit quieter than on high. Anyways, I took a pic of what's included.

 
Thanks for the pics, I'm a little disappointed that the fan controller is now essentially one wire, so cable management definitely becomes more of an issue.
Also how do those new grommets secure the fans since they don't look thick enough to sit in the mounting holes for the fans? Can you post pics of the fans in place with the new grommets?

Hopefully I'll get mine soon and see it in person, since I'm in Canada too, I'd expect it to arrive soon based on your experience, I hope.
 
Thanks for the pics, I'm a little disappointed that the fan controller is now essentially one wire, so cable management definitely becomes more of an issue.
Also how do those new grommets secure the fans since they don't look thick enough to sit in the mounting holes for the fans? Can you post pics of the fans in place with the new grommets?

Hopefully I'll get mine soon and see it in person, since I'm in Canada too, I'd expect it to arrive soon based on your experience, I hope.

You just pass the rubber screws through the mounting holes and yank it. Noctua I believe uses similar mounts. I think they might be meant for one time use though. On the instructions it shows cutting off the rubber tails, but I just left them.



 
Back
Top