Corsair: 650D

Can anyone compare the air cooling in the 650d to the Silverstone FT02? It looks like it may be a bit lacking in that department in comparison especially around the graphics card area. I have the FT02 without the newer AP181 fans now and I was looking at maybe doing an upgrade to this case or the Silverstone Raven 3 once its available because I want something with more room for cable routing behind the motherboard.

Last edited:
Have any early adopters tried to get a partial refund from Newegg given there are cheaper options out which may not have the buzzing?

Got mine from newegg and it had the buzzing. They agreed to refund me full price plus shipping and emailed me a return shipping label. Newegg has never failed to step up. Got a HAF 912 while waiting for the Fractal Design Arc to show up and that $59 worked so well for me may just stick with it. I got what I was seeking a fast sandybridge build and whisper quiet.

So funny, well maybe not, you be the judge, there is this YouTube video this guy in England does a 650D unboxing and he is already aware and mentions the fan controller issue while getting it out of the box, it’s gone global! Also it made my stomach urk, he carefully removes the protective outer seal from the gorgeous window and then tosses the panel window side down flat onto a dirty hardwood floor, dude, handle your hardware gently, whats wrong with this guy, gonna scratch it up! Why don’t ya take a grinder to it and then call the good people at Corsair and complain about a quality control issue!;) Ok I am done venting, who was next?

Last edited:
Just got my case in on Friday, set 'er up and I'm suffering from the same buzz/fan rattle as everyone else. Has anyone received their fan fix-kit yet? I ordered mine prior to receiving the case (in anticipation of this problem), on March 28th, and the order status still says "processing" - their website says normal processing is 3 days, not well over a week. And nobody from Corsair will respond to my emails asking what's going on either.

In short - does anybody here know when to expect the fix kit? Has anyone received theirs yet? Did it fix the problem completely?

Thanks.

Just got my case in on Friday, set 'er up and I'm suffering from the same buzz/fan rattle as everyone else. Has anyone received their fan fix-kit yet? I ordered mine prior to receiving the case (in anticipation of this problem), on March 28th, and the order status still says "processing" - their website says normal processing is 3 days, not well over a week. And nobody from Corsair will respond to my emails asking what's going on either.

In short - does anybody here know when to expect the fix kit? Has anyone received theirs yet? Did it fix the problem completely?

Thanks.

I would likw to know that one too... One advantage to paying 213 at MC is that i get 30 days to change my mind... Better hurry up corsair. Don't let Fractal beat you to my wallet.

The fan fix kits hit the US hub today, and we'll fulfill the backlog of all you guys who ordered them on the webstore. They'll ship tomorrow.

The fan fix kits hit the US hub today, and we'll fulfill the backlog of all you guys who ordered them on the webstore. They'll ship tomorrow.

That's great to hear - many thanks. Just slightly disappointed that I had to sign up to a non affiliated forum to get an answer, after sending emails directly to you guys didn't net me any response.

good news!!

been waiting to re-do all the wiring in my build until i get my hands on a fan fix!

Yes, look forward to finally being able to see what these fans sound like at low and what they cool like at high as I'm using a Noctua resistor on them now to keep them from buzzing.

good news!!

been waiting to re-do all the wiring in my build until i get my hands on a fan fix!

+1

mine is decent now, but i need extension for 1 cable, right angle sata cables, and overall more zip ties.

*edit*
this could just be my place, but the front filter filled up with dust REALLY quickly. i know this case moves a lot of air and i would consider my place pretty clean, but holy crap

+1

mine is decent now, but i need extension for 1 cable, right angle sata cables, and overall more zip ties.

*edit*
this could just be my place, but the front filter filled up with dust REALLY quickly. i know this case moves a lot of air and i would consider my place pretty clean, but holy crap

i thought it was because i opened the window near my case sometimes!

My front filter is pretty clean, which is a surprise, cause my place tends to be dusty sadly.

Are you guys running the fans at full speed?

That's great to hear - many thanks. Just slightly disappointed that I had to sign up to a non affiliated forum to get an answer, after sending emails directly to you guys didn't net me any response.

Our customer service should send you guys shipping notices today. I'm just giving you a bit more of a heads up than that.

My front filter is pretty clean, which is a surprise, cause my place tends to be dusty sadly.

Are you guys running the fans at full speed?

I don't think anyone is running them at full speed, or even at the same rates. Depends on what they are plugged into and whether or not the system has the buzzing problem.

Not sure I've seen anyone in here who doesn't have the buzzing problem. Really stoked to be getting the fan fix.

hopefully by mid may or so the fan buzzing supply will have made its way out of the market

Sounds like it will. I don't mind too much. This case is so incredibly superior to my P180 it is already more than worth it and I plan on it getting even better.

I don't think anyone is running them at full speed, or even at the same rates. Depends on what they are plugged into and whether or not the system has the buzzing problem.

Not sure I've seen anyone in here who doesn't have the buzzing problem. Really stoked to be getting the fan fix.

Full speed is how you get rid of the buzz.... or atleast at full speed I have no buzz/whine.

It is correct, full speed there is no buzz, but I run mine at low speed using Noctua resistors and there is no buzz, but the fan controller is actually set to high as if I set it to med or low, even with the resistors, the fans buzz (albeit different than when not using the resistors).

I moved my E8400/GTX460 build from an Antec 300 to the PC-A05NB. I decided to jump on sandy bridge while upgrading the case. Overall I'm pretty happy. awesome case for the price. I wish there was a intake on top so my GTX 460 doesn't cook itself while i game. I'll be spray painting the interior to match my motherboard.

http://i51.tinypic.com/vsm2yh.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/156q2co.jpg

I think you got the wrong thread ;)

here's the thread for that lain-li,
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1133290

oh cool. looks like i'll have to keep an eye out at microcenter till it arrives. also possibly going to get a second 650d. i saw that frys had a corsair rebate recently to have the black 600t so hopefully a 650d rebate will pop up at mc or frys

Got my Shipping email for my fan quieter.

Mine says "ready to ship"... Not sure what that is all about as I got it yesterday and still not shipping notice. The buzzing is terrible at fan lower speeds.

Same here. :(
I really want to see what these fans are like at each level of the controller, both for noise and cooling.

Here is mine with new fans...

l1050729.jpg

l1050731.jpg

Hey Joe, and everybody, one way to get rid of the cable bulge is to route the 24pin thru the more forward grommet hole instead of the one right next to the mobo. My 24pin just didn't want to make that tight of a turn off the AX850, I could have forced it but it lays down more flat and is more relaxed using the front grommet!;)

Hey Bruce,

Could you take a picture I posted, or any picture at all and point out this routing for me? Not entirely sure how you are meaning it to be. Thanks.

Back