Conroes in hands of a few

$BangforThe$ said:
The jugdes haved reached a unanimous decision. The challenger won all fifteen rounds and we have a new world champion.

What? Where else could he have posted the results? I was actually posting in that thread, I go to bed and bam, it's down.

Leon2ky said:
What? Where else could he have posted the results? I was actually posting in that thread, I go to bed and bam, it's down.
thats what i`m wondering and another thing does anyone know why XS is down?

Yeah, I dunno but it is still down. :mad: Maybe nad overload because so many people were trying to acess the site? :rolleyes:

Conroe must have caused the entire electrical grid to go down, taking XS servers with it. :eek:

Seriously though this is so frustrating....and annoying.

yah ive been watching that thread like a hawk....stinks website is down right now...i wanna see some numbers woo hoo!

cupholder2.0 said:
Any idea on when XS will return? I wish FUGGER would atleast give us a status update. :(
He has the server(s) XS runs on and the Conroe. I don't know how much help he has on Sunday, so the server(s) will probably stay down until he fixes it.

centvalny said:
His p5wd2-E is dead and the cpu won't work with Intel sli board.
The Asus 975x needs bios mod to be compatible.

So the p5wd2-e is compatible with bios change (mod) then?

Why would he expect it to drop into existing 975X boards? Did he think Intel updated their Bad Axe just for fun? Last month's Bad Axe? That's definitely not going to work either.

chrisf6969 said:

There are two threads here with; "I (Donnie27) was told by an Intel Rep that Conroe wouldn't work on Current i975 motherboards."

If anything, the boards don't support LOWER voltages LOL!

FUGGER
Xtreme Owner

Conroe results delayed till monday

Unless I hear back from Intel today (sunday) no reulsts till Monday.

It does not drop right in existing 975X including the bad axe. I need to consult the powers that be and get some answers.

Donnie27 said:
There are two threads here with; "I (Donnie27) was told by an Intel Rep that Conroe wouldn't work on Current i975 motherboards."

If anything, the boards don't support LOWER voltages LOL!

I wouldn't take stock in the intel rep, the one I spoke to didn't even know...

Eastcoasthandle said:
I wouldn't take stock in the intel rep, the one I spoke to didn't even know...

Instead of lying to us, they are pretty dead on *90% of the time. The Bad Axe that was used was moded. Even when they missed the dates, it wasn't by much. Sure they can't break NDA's and etc.. The ones (3 Intel and at least 2 from Dell and HP each) will just say no comment or say they don't when they have to.

Nothing like this!

ED Overclockers.com said:
If you think this is being overly harsh towards AMD, just remember this: AMD introduced Opterons in April 2003, and Athlon 64 in September 2003, but actually didn't make more than a million of them until the end of 2004 (rather less than 25%).

Seen what Intel is shooting for by the end of the year?

LOL! Unless Fugger is planning on becoming a reviewer and is right now prepping his Gaming, Rendering, Photo Editing, Database/productivity business, and Encoding with DVDshrink benchmarks, or betting yet, kissing up to Kyle and all the others to mooch some off of them because hell would freeze over before he can make his own on this kind of notice, all we're going to see and expect to get out of this are overclocking results and some synthetic benchmarks. And let's not forget the chip he has was slapped together in January. It may not overclock as well as retail ones.

Also, Fugger sounded so sure Conroe would work on P5WD2-E with a bios mod a few days ago. Now, he's saying it won't work on current 975X boards. No doubt, he's better connected than you and me, but let's wait and see where he's going with this. It ought to be fun watching the reactions.

I don't care too much about Conroe benchmarks from Fugger. But, I look forward to seeing the overclocking results([email protected] remarks). I'm also looking forward to reading his Merom write-up. Let's not forget Merom is going to be more fun because of higher multipliers and Merom is a drop-in upgrade for Yonah!

Bao01 said:
LOL! Unless Fugger is planning on becoming a reviewer and is right now prepping his Gaming, Rendering, Photo Editing, Database/productivity business, and Encoding with DVDshrink benchmarks, or betting yet, kissing up to Kyle and all the others to mooch some off of them because hell would freeze over before he can make his own on this kind of notice, all we're going to see and expect to get out of this are overclocking results and some synthetic benchmarks. And let's not forget the chip he has was slapped together in January. It may not overclock as well as retail ones.

Also, Fugger sounded so sure Conroe would work on P5WD2-E with a bios mod a few days ago. Now, he's saying it won't work on current 975X boards. No doubt, he's better connected than you and me, but let's wait and see where he's going with this. It ought to be fun watching the reactions.

I don't care too much about Conroe benchmarks from Fugger. But, I look forward to seeing the overclocking results([email protected] remarks). I'm also looking forward to reading his Merom write-up. Let's not forget Merom is going to be more fun because of higher multipliers and Merom is a drop-in upgrade for Yonah!

Fugger and some of the guys are XS are more respected than the majority of the reviewers out there. :mad:

Welcome to xtremesystems, the forum where all we do is "play" 3dmark and RMA our parts because they dont OC correctly :rolleyes:

Peach said:
Welcome to xtremesystems, the forum where all we do is "play" 3dmark and RMA our parts because they dont OC correctly :rolleyes:
Nah, the right term is only benchmarking our computer all day with cooling under ambient temperature...and after we done......it ended up in xs for sale section. Most of the time in less than 1 month. :)
Theres a lot of good bargain in that section.

*snore*

Still waiting for the earth to shatter....

$Bangforthe$ said:
The jugdes haved reached a unanimous decision. The challenger won all fifteen rounds and we have a new world champion.
LOL @ not knowing what you're talking about and jumping the gun :D

Leon2ky said:
Fugger and some of the guys are XS are more respected than the majority of the reviewers out there. :mad:

I respect Fugger for a number of reasons, none of them having to do with his ability to overclock. My respect for certain reviewers also has nothing to do with their ability to overclock. There are those whom I respect infinitely more than Fugger or any reviewer and many of them can't even use a web browser much less overclock.

I don't know but this whole thing makes me think bad stuff about XS being teh ghey

jebo_4jc said:
I don't know but this whole thing makes me think bad stuff about XS being teh ghey

Pioneers often hit problems. They got everyone psyched up with their... "First Conroe benchmarks this weekend" crap. Personally, I think they should have kept quiet until they had the chip in hand, and working.

They could have even had their package intercepted by FBI or cops, b/c they posted their FedEx tracking #, and technically since all ES of chips are Intel property the chip could have been considered stolen property, and the FBI could have been called in for interstate trafficing of stolen goods. Federal crime.

Anyway, I hope they get it up and running b/c I really want to see some benchmarks and I want to see if they can get it to work on regular 975 motherboards. (like mine)

Ummm.
WTH happened to the Fugger/FCG threads about Conroe?
I smell something foul

Or else some benches better pop up real quick like

someone named victor posted actual benchmarks unlike those other two jokers

21s superPi at 2.4ghz (stock)!

holy crap!

conrows is 65nm right? or is it 90nm?

either way , imagine cornrows at 45nm which Intel is already making??

edit: i see on cpu-z its 65nm, still cant wait for 45nm!

its seems to be a pre-production i965G.

Victor Wang is a pro, I remember he had one of the first 65nm P4s and had some monster overclocks on it.

As for Fugger and Free Cable Guy........hmmm, they are idiots. The first April fool's joke seriously hurt their credibility.....then they produced a real chip, and now....still no benchmarks. What happened? Fugger stated that he had a working motherboard for Conroe and what not.......seems like they are getting a bit incompetent.

Here it is, Tuesday, and no benchmarks from either one of them, no working motherboard either.

I grow sick of all the Intel vs AMD threads too, about time to just give up on the internet. People suck.

Warmonkey said:
its seems to be a pre-production i965G.

Victor Wang is a pro, I remember he had one of the first 65nm P4s and had some monster overclocks on it.

As for Fugger and Free Cable Guy........hmmm, they are idiots. The first April fool's joke seriously hurt their credibility.....then they produced a real chip, and now....still no benchmarks. What happened? Fugger stated that he had a working motherboard for Conroe and what not.......seems like they are getting a bit incompetent.

Here it is, Tuesday, and no benchmarks from either one of them, no working motherboard either.

I grow sick of all the Intel vs AMD threads too, about time to just give up on the internet. People suck.

That is hardly incompetent. He was trying to make it work with an existing board that was supposed to support Conroe. It didn't. I don't see anybody else offering you this type of glimpse at Conroe, so I'd be thankful for what you are getting. Look at it this way, if he gets it working today or even some time next week, he will still be months ahead of every other site.

so if i purcahse an intel rig now, ill have to upgrade the mobo if i want conroe?

Warmonkey said:
FCG has mentioned in one of the Conroe threads that he expected to get a motherboard today for the SECOND Conroe he received. That would have been around 2 hours ago if all went as planned.

The 4/1 joke didn't hurt any credibility. It was just that, a joke. It was followed shortly after with a new thread (@Fcg). That was better anyways since the first had been spammed into worthlessness and whining.

After the first delay i stopped checking XS until more info was posted here. It's not a big deal to wait a few more days. Nothing is really happening in AMD or Intel world until June.

My complaint is that they run some pretty lame benchmarks. OK, Super Pi, we get it. Sandra, 3DMark01-06? Make it stop! It's worse that all the Conroe and Merom benchmarks have been at stock. If I had those chips and a working motherboard for even 6 hours i'd have done some CPU scaling on games and tougher CPU benchmarks. Anyone want to send me one for a few days? :p

pxc said:
FCG has mentioned in one of the Conroe threads that he expected to get a motherboard today for the SECOND Conroe he received. That would have been around 2 hours ago if all went as planned.

FCG's board won't boot.

pxc said:
My complaint is that they run some pretty lame benchmarks. OK, Super Pi, we get it. Sandra, 3DMark01-06? Make it stop! It's worse that all the Conroe and Merom benchmarks have been at stock. If I had those chips and a working motherboard for even 6 hours i'd have done some CPU scaling on games and tougher CPU benchmarks. Anyone want to send me one for a few days? :p

LOL! Victor hasn't even posted overclocking results yet. Between working, cooking, eating, yapping, blah blah, I barely have time to pay attention to these threads.

Bao01 said:
LOL! Victor hasn't even posted overclocking results yet. Between working, cooking, eating, yapping, blah blah, I barely have time to pay attention to these threads.
I read earlier that Victor said the board isn't overclockable and he hasn't even got an external video card working on it. Both are understandable due to the early nature of the 965G board he has.

pxc said:
I read earlier that Victor said the board isn't overclockable and he hasn't even got an external video card working on it. Both are understandable due to the early nature of the 965G board he has.

I see, thanks. I missed a lot of material. Busy day at work :) Oh nvm, it says 965G in the thread title.

vapb400 said:
That is hardly incompetent. He was trying to make it work with an existing board that was supposed to support Conroe. It didn't. I don't see anybody else offering you this type of glimpse at Conroe, so I'd be thankful for what you are getting. Look at it this way, if he gets it working today or even some time next week, he will still be months ahead of every other site.

Thankful for what I'm getting? I didn't get any info from XS. Anand gave me all I needed to make my purchasing decision.

Regardless, an Engineering Sample is just that, an ES. While it does give a glimpse at retail performance...I would hardly consider it definitive.

Back