Conroes in hands of a few

DeChache said:
Actually I find it to be the other way around. Ive always thought the Intel guys to be more rabid then the AMD ones. And before you flame me to death I use both. I have a 550 for my workstation and a 3200+ for my gamming comp and thinking about getting yonah for a lappy. In fact my only Intel chip is my 3200+ and the was just to try out AMD.

But anyway I hope conroe lives up to its hype or it could be unbearable here for a while.

There have been studies done and AMD and Nv fans are way more aggressive than Intel and ATI . Google is your friend.

uniwarp said:
If AMD has no reply to conroe in terms of performance once it's actually out, then they will just lower their prices and keep on track until they have a matching processor. Also, I am hopeful that once 65nm process is good to go throughout AMD's processor lineup we might see much better overclocking processors and this combined with lower prices might attract enough buyers to keep the cash flowing for AMD. At least it will give moderate AMD fans a reason not to buy Conroe and that is what it counts.

edit : this reply was intended for bagforthe's comment on AM2's sales, I should clear that out first.

AMD only made $200.000,000 in profits last year. there is not a lot of price cutting they can do before there back in the red.

MrGuvernment said:
They dont, but Dell's recent purchase of Alienware - They do :)

When Conroe is released what Cpu would go into a high performance gamer ? Faster and cheaper INtels.

$BangforThe$ said:
AMD only made $200.000,000 in profits last year. there is not a lot of price cutting they can do before there back in the red.

is that considering the investment into fabs and r&d, I think it would be silly if they were to make huge profits in this business by not using their income to invest in new technologies and improved production. Even the largest and most successful companies in the world can surprise you by how little profit they make compared to the net worth of the company. Even GM reported huge losses once and they survived, it is not most wise to judge a company by how much profit they make over the last year or couple of years and I bet you know better than that as well..

$BangforThe$ said:
There have been studies done and AMD and Nv fans are way more aggressive than Intel and ATI . Google is your friend.

I guess that puts me in a bad spot. If you go by my rig but oh well. But I tend not to put a lot in stock in studies of that nature. I just wish I could be the one getting paid to do it.

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
I'm not going to flame you, but I am going to point out how often someone would make a post in general hardware, or even in the Intel section, and say "I'm making a rig for video encoding, I want a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading, here's the parts I'm thinking of getting, what do you guys think?" The he would be jumped upon by a pile of AMD guys saying he was a noob and that AMD was faster, showing him gaming benchmarks as evidence.

Got me there. I tend to stop reading the posts at that point. So I admit defeat. I say for the average user Intel is better because they do everything well and the AMDs are good in certain areas. Which is why I run both so.

Back on topic No benchies yet. Cant wait.

See the updated delivery status? "Incorrect address"

ExceptiOWNED

I saw the address error.

I am thinking a few things:

1) Perhaps, he didn't want his address posted on the internet...so, he did recieve the package, but fedex placed a generic error on the tracking list.

2) He didn't get the package due to the wrong shipping address. Hmm, maybe they can call FedEX and remedy the situation.

cupholder2.0 said:
FUGGER got it :), now just have to wait for benchs

Yup, Fugger got the package. What he doesn't know is FCG is in on the the whole coup d'etat thing and in order to make the take-over final, they needed to administer the coup de grace on Fugger. The package he received did not contain a cpu.

Bao01 said:
Yup, Fugger got the package. What he doesn't know is FCG is in on the the whole coup d'etat thing and in order to make the take-over final, they needed to administer the coup de grace on Fugger. The package he received did not contain a cpu.

LOL, not falling for that.

uniwarp said:
is that considering the investment into fabs and r&d, I think it would be silly if they were to make huge profits in this business by not using their income to invest in new technologies and improved production. Even the largest and most successful companies in the world can surprise you by how little profit they make compared to the net worth of the company. Even GM reported huge losses once and they survived, it is not most wise to judge a company by how much profit they make over the last year or couple of years and I bet you know better than that as well..

Conroe is way cheaper per core to manufacture than anything amd has. If it performs as well as it is rumored, Intel could put a world of hurt into AMD. Intel doesn't need to make huge amount of profit on conroe, it needs to regain marketshare. With Intel already having the most stable platforms, soon to be the highest performing, and even possibly the cheapest, AMD could be just supplying their !!!!!!s soon. Of course this is based on a lot of assumptions. Honestly I'm not sure how deep Intel will cut prices to regain marketshare as it will be hard to sell chips at higher prices later on. Although they will always be atleast die shrink ahead of AMD and they are looking into 450mm wafers so who knows.

Intel will definatly win this time, Conroes are much faster, release less heat, cheaper to make..what does AMD have against this?

cupholder2.0 said:
LOL, not falling for that.

Believe what you want. The last mention we have of Mr. C. Wirth has been hours ago when "the package" was supposedly delivered to him. What do you think happened after that? Can't he still post on XS as a guest?

FreiDOg said:
along with the CPU :)

You stinker! j/k ok no more April Fools...

edit: didn't see pxc post...damnit I thought I could have them going.

I'm starting to think that FCG and FUGGER played the biggest joke known in forum history.

What's taking so long? It shouldn't take 5+ hours to install it and run a couple of benchmarks.

Well, the extremesystems website seems to be mysteriously down right now.

Andrew

You know, we really should have a single thread in here after FUGGER/FCG/XS posts the results. Otherwise, we'll have the same madness that's going on over there now (it's kinda already happened here..."Conroe, whaddya think" "Conroe, what's its favorite color").

pxc said:
It sure does.

You: OMG, I can't believe it because the guy is getting a motherboard and Conroe on Saturday, which is April 1.

Me: Then wait for updates on Sunday (not April 1) or Monday (also not April 1).

To summarize, Sunday and Monday are not April 1st. Updates posted on Sunday or Monday will not be April Fools jokes. :rolleyes:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1369381&postcount=619

Hows it feel to be sooooo pooned?

does it hurt?

His p5wd2-E is dead and the cpu won't work with Intel sli board.
The Asus 975x needs bios mod to be compatible.

The jugdes haved reached a unanimous decision. The challenger won all fifteen rounds and we have a new world champion.

Back