CONAN Exiles funcom game

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
CONAN EXILES

I didn't see anything about funcom making another Conan game just spotted this in Game Informer.
Single player or you can join a server and play with others open world survival.

They announced that game about a month ago.

Look interesting and good website.

Unfortunately, no gameplay video or screenshot for now.

Conan deserves a good open-world rpg a la Witcher 3.

This game might be ok but I have a feeling that it's just a cash grab into the over-crowded "survival" game market like Dayz/Rust/H1z1/Ark.

Especially if it's just a limited run server and a bare bones game with no real depth to it like virtually all of those.

looks pretty nice I went back and play the original Conan unchained I could never get into it because of the Grind.

Looks like a generic survival game to me, I hope they do something more with it. Make the combat more engaging, it looked quite poor/bare in the trailer. Like Rust and other games of this type, just feels very "barebones" with not a lot of depth behind the mechanics or overall gameplay.

Conan Exiles on Steam

Up on Steam from the videos it seems you can change from 3rd to 1st person which is cool....I just want the game to have a hint of the MMORPG Conan game but with updated Graphic and maybe some foilage instead of a Desert like setting which is what Conan was but they could change it up a bit.

Love the Conan universe and I thought Age of Conan was one of the best MMGs out there (Funcom got a bad wrap due to the rushed release, then ultimately had to make it PPC. Graphics were terrific and the first to incorporate DX10 if I recall).

This looks more like a Skyrim or Ryse in Hyborian which could be great, or could be awful.

If the Ark people decide to play this game it could be a huge hit I hope the game is noob friendly though I joined a Conan Clan a week ago....
Game comes out late next month

If this game requires I mean 500 hours just to get started
I hope it's not totally resource dependent I hope it's a casual game.

Looks like Conan Exiles is right with my various style of gameplay.

Been waiting on this game for a while now and plan to get it as soon as they release it on steam. I saw the dev live stream and the building aspect is a direct copy of Rust's system but improved in some ways (e.g. being able to build on the side of mountains). The graphics blow Rust and ARK away while the use of avatars for pvp should be really interesting.

It still amazes me, why do all of these "survival" games have to have such a low player count? When a game like Mount and Blade can have mor eplayers in a single mp match then the entire worl dof a survival game its too small imo.

You'd think at least ONE of these "survival" games would actualyl to make it more like an mmo, with a world that can hold at least 1k people and have actual official servers and things rather then a bunch of <100 player servers run by some guy who can abuse his power.

On top of this, I really hope you can't server-hop, cause it's extremely cheap to do and negates the risk of these games. People in dayz literally find 0 player servers, go in there and loot up on gear, then server hop to populated servers to pvp. They should absolutely not be allowed, you should make a character on a serveor and have to start fresh, no hopping.

The building looks nice and the world looks pretty good compared to most other survival games.

Though it seems rather unfitting to summon Crom....he would never intervene like that and it kind of goes directly against the kind of deity that he is portrayed in the stories by REH.

Little under a month left!

Been listening to the Conan soundtrack since the MMO released. Excited they are still using the same score!

I wonder if this game will be Casual friendly I don't have time to build stuff let alone play one game a week.
I wish this was more like a MMO that had building like in Ultima Online that you could place and not destroy.

I checked a few sources I guess this game is priced at 29.00 two weeks ago.
Really didn't want another 59.00 game plus it seems you can only buy it on Steam and bigger sites like Green Man Gaming..

Ok this game has single player offline mode very cool......

no tangents necessary

was looking forward to this, but not sure how SP friendly it is going to be. The crafting appears to too complex for SP

Watched some twitch streams. I'm in. Might be cool to get a [H]ard group going on a server.

Watching a stream of my buddy playing it right now... and honestly it looks gorgeous, but the combat (early on at least) is atrociously basic. Not sure I'd buy this one..

I decided to buy it (still downloading) I'll tell you if it's decent or not hoping for the best reviews are mixed but I learned for other preliminary games that alot can change.

Last edited:
Buy this game!!!! Played PVP servers died twice of THIRST
Then I found a waterskin near a dead body for water but I quit then I guess the servers reset every month.
I'm not sure if you can retrieve your stuff once you die let alone find it again.

The good news Ark is on sale for 9.00 they must of liked what they seen in Conan.

Female animations are really good looking :nailbiting::dummy1::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

20170131044233_1.jpg

It's all Fun Com and Games until the server crashes I went PVE server in relaxed I got to level 9 lost everything not sure what server I was on even.
Maybe single player is the route to go for now until they have some established servers. Item crafting is really quick I found some Water finallyI ate some bugs and Eggs for food then
I think I got food posioning from them or it was from eating the flesh I found on the beach not totally sure.

I haven't had this feeling since DAOC while fighting crabs on the Beach in Hibernia.

20170131054423_1.jpg

It's all Fun Com and Games until the server crashes I went PVE server in relaxed I got to level 9 lost everything not sure what server I was on even.
Maybe single player is the route to go for now until they have some established servers. Item crafting is really quick I found some Water finallyI ate some bugs and Eggs for food then
I think I got food posioning from them or it was from eating the flesh I found on the beach not totally sure.

I haven't had this feeling since DAOC while fighting crabs on the Beach in Hibernia.

20170131054423_1.jpg

So is this game like an MMO where you have a persistent character or do you start a new character when you die?

You lose all items when you die also? Is there a bank?

The Server remembers your characters level ups you keep your level up but lose your items not sure if you can retrieve you items from your death.
Crafting is way easier than I thought it would be.

I honestly still don't know how the entire game will play out let alone learning as I go.

It's still in Early Access people expect way too much.....

Single Player is tuff.....I think it's bugged also more monsters then a regular sever unless you can adjust it.....I was wonder what the torches were for when this game gets dark it gets dark you can't see anything.

So I never played the Rust or ARK games. Is this just like the beginning of DayZ where you start with nothing each life and have to find stuff to keep going?

So I never played the Rust or ARK games. Is this just like the beginning of DayZ where you start with nothing each life and have to find stuff to keep going?
In Ark and Rust, you can find your backpack you dropped after you died, so you can retrieve your items. I'm not sure how it is in Conan, though.

Once you start to build your base, that's when it becomes a lot more fun. IMO, the hardest part is finding a server that fits your needs.

I only found my stuff once after getting killed in ARK & only because I stayed VERY close to my hut after losing everything over & over & over, but it got boring to stay close to home...

It's still in Early Access people expect way too much.....

to be honest, like many other tired early access games, it will probably be early access still 3 years from now. i put 8 hours in and already became bored and copied the game to a external storage drive.

Back