CONAN Exiles funcom game

Yeah Ark was in Early Access for a few years hoping it's only a year or so.

I tired two games both crashed think people are just using Peer Vs: Peer servers going to wait for official servers They said the official servers will be wiped every month.
They were up yesterday for a while but then they were taken down also the game isn't on the Steam's top selling list for some reason.

Some asshat said this game was a tea bag simulator I guess he shouldn't play PVP then.

I tired two games both crashed think people are just using Peer Vs: Peer servers going to wait for official servers They said the official servers will be wiped every month.
They were up yesterday for a while but then they were taken down also the game isn't on the Steam's top selling list for some reason.

Some asshat said this game was a tea bag simulator I guess he shouldn't play PVP then.

Some person stating his opinion doesnt make him an asshat. I have heard the game is in shambles with technical issues anyways. I might buy it today for shit and giggles.

This game is good but if you want your progress to save in early access it will go poof.

Ark is still in early access btw like 3-4 years later

This game is good but if you want your progress to save in early access it will go poof.

Ark is still in early access btw like 3-4 years later

Lets not even bring up that Ark is still Early Access and had a paid for DLC....like WTF?

Conan looks great. I bought it for my fiance so I got to see it played a bit. It looks pretty fun! Plenty of issues of course, but in my opinion it is further long than Rust and Ark were when they were released.

I mean hell people bitching about server issues. I fucking bought BF3/4 and that game was retail and everyone has massive issues trying to play.

I watched some youtube videos & Conan Exiles pretty much looks like an ARK mod that is a little better than the original game...

BTW: ARK is on sale right now for < $10

Last edited:
Looks cool but most of em do, vowed to stay away from these early access games. Unless it goes down to like $10 or is overwhelmingly loved by everyone with no BUTS I shan't be buying it.

I honestly feel like the community needs to stop supporting early access stuff. I mean, $30 is significant IMO for a game that may never see full release and will ALWAYS be riddled with problems.

I've enjoyed it so far. My brother and I played for about 2 hours last night. Def a lot of bugs but those will be worked out eventually.

Can anyone report if this is like Mad Max? I loved that game and would really enjoy Conan if it was similar.

I swear to God, I've died more times the last two nights than in the lifetime of other games LOL. I'm perpetually nekkid LOL.
I started a base at the very bottom of the map by the water. I'm surrounded by stone, wood and fiber; so it was easy to ug armor and weapons. I think I only died a couple of times.

I started a base at the very bottom of the map by the water. I'm surrounded by stone, wood and fiber; so it was easy to ug armor and weapons. I think I only died a couple of times.

Yea, I went a little deep; just above the waterfall on the river that runs down the middle. It was fairly clear when I scoped it out but was infested by hyena's that had no mercy in the end LOL.

I been watching live streams of the game for the last 3 days. Conan:Exiles is more closely related to Rust and Ark than anything else. Its a early access game. Meaning its in alpha stage. Playable but lots of problems, bugs, etc., Rubber banding and lag being the biggest complaints I have seen so far. Graphics are good but the animations still need work. As it is now I wouldn't play this game solo. Get a friend or two to play with or join a clan. Not really ideal for solo play due to game curve and difficulties. From what I have heard the PvP servers will get a monthly wipe not the PvE servers. I'm not sure if that is correct though or not. Just what I heard from watching the live streams.

I feel for being alpha $30 usd is a bit much. $15 usd or less would be more appropriate but that's just my opinion. I'm taking a wait and see with Conan. The developers need to flesh it out more in my opinion at least for my liking. If you like being a tester or getting in early helping with feed back and like open sand box games then it could be for you.

I been watching live streams of the game for the last 3 days. Conan:Exiles is more closely related to Rust and Ark than anything else. Its a early access game. Meaning its in alpha stage. Playable but lots of problems, bugs, etc., Rubber banding and lag being the biggest complaints I have seen so far. Graphics are good but the animations still need work. As it is now I wouldn't play this game solo. Get a friend or two to play with or join a clan. Not really ideal for solo play due to game curve and difficulties. From what I have heard the PvP servers will get a monthly wipe not the PvE servers. I'm not sure if that is correct though or not. Just what I heard from watching the live streams.

I feel for being alpha $30 usd is a bit much. $15 usd or less would be more appropriate but that's just my opinion. I'm taking a wait and see with Conan. The developers need to flesh it out more in my opinion at least for my liking. If you like being a tester or getting in early helping with feed back and like open sand box games then it could be for you.

The stability is actually much improved today (even yesterday was a decent improvement). Our server only has 11 people right now and it runs without lag 90% of the time. There are occasional anomalies but they arent too bad (usually solved by logging in and out). Early on, a buddy is very helpful. I'm linked up with two other people and we've made some good progress and have a pretty good sized place going and have started crafting medium gear now. We're working on the mats to build a tier 2 house further into the map as well. The PVE side of things gets pretty tedious around level 14 as you're pretty much just gathering mats for progression. I died a few times today but the gear, weapons, and stat points have really helped. I also know this area of the map better so that was probably the biggest difference.

If you guys read the Steam reviews you will notice a heavy trend happening; positive reviews are always marked as more helpful than negative reviews. Regardless of the fact that many negative reviews clearly state the review is reviewing the game in its current state and will be updated if the game improves. Its as if there is a massive wave of apologists and "true believers" that have been fed a steady diet of hype that shun any criticism of the game. We've seen this before but I don't think I've seen this kind of ratio. I have done my fair share of EA games (Rust, Miscreated, 7 Days, The Forest...), yet $30 is indeed too much for a game that appears to have had extremely minimal QA prior to launch. I had higher hopes than I should have had and let myself get a different picture of the game through watching streams (almost always on content creator servers and a much different community of players than a typical server)... And now play solely to try and find some value out of that $30.

If you guys read the Steam reviews you will notice a heavy trend happening; positive reviews are always marked as more helpful than negative reviews. Regardless of the fact that many negative reviews clearly state the review is reviewing the game in its current state and will be updated if the game improves. Its as if there is a massive wave of apologists and "true believers" that have been fed a steady diet of hype that shun any criticism of the game. We've seen this before but I don't think I've seen this kind of ratio. I have done my fair share of EA games (Rust, Miscreated, 7 Days, The Forest...), yet $30 is indeed too much for a game that appears to have had extremely minimal QA prior to launch. I had higher hopes than I should have had and let myself get a different picture of the game through watching streams (almost always on content creator servers and a much different community of players than a typical server)... And now play solely to try and find some value out of that $30.

It is an early release so naturally, there are going to be many issues. Positive reviews probably carry more weight with prospective buyers looking for something new to play. Or it could just be a conspiracy...

Yea, I went a little deep; just above the waterfall on the river that runs down the middle. It was fairly clear when I scoped it out but was infested by hyena's that had no mercy in the end LOL.
There's a ton right there! I'm working on upgrading my stamina so I can run past them all to the Iron that's a ways down.

I want to play it, but after the never-ending alpha of Ark, I'm not taking a chance.

I'm on the fence as well with this title, honestly have been trying to convince myself to pony up the $30 to grab this to "try something new", but just quite haven't yet. I do like the universe concept and mythos, though. Definitely watching this thread earnestly for further impressions/reactions.

For anyone who's interested I rented a dedicated server tonight that'll be up 24/7 , no wipes other than when game requires (if it does) due to updates. NA hosted (Dallas) , 48 player limit atm and will increase as time goes on.

Name of server is: Come Drink and Know Things!

Tagged under PVP -> RP if go through the browser and sort there alpha.

A few friends of mine will be on/off , clan limit set to 15 as goal is for no mega clans , but laid back , friendly small-med clan bloodshed when time allows away from the kids/spouse/job.

Just started tonight.

Even though tagged under RP it's not required of course , just always have liked the crowds on servers with RP=PVP tags.

Feel free to hop on , will be keeping it up , worst case changing provide if current one turns out not that great but have CPU preference and performance boost options paid for so hopefully will work out well.

Just wanted to toss out invite.

Last edited:
Had a blast tonight.

20170204002245_1.jpg

20170203080424_1.jpg

Game is unplayable. Extreme pop-in and rubber-banding the entire time tonight. Actually died of hunger trying to get in my base as the stairs were popping in and out coupled with the bouncing around. They barely did any QA on this one. As of this time the game is a turd. Single player is my only option for now I guess.
xj3irwrhf

Last edited:
Had a blast tonight.

Game is unplayable. Extreme pop-in and rubber-banding the entire time tonight. Actually died of hunger trying to get in my base as the stairs were popping in and out coupled with the bouncing around. They barely did any QA on this one. As of this time the game is a turd. Single player is my only option for now I guess.
xj3irwrhf

LOL nice this game will be great if they can iron out the bugs

If you are NA our Dallas hosted server has decent ping and decent hardware , as noted 24/7 up. Whole reason I got it was terrible rubber banding on non dedicated servers and overloaded ones. Had 28 on it last night within first few hours and only one person said they were getting any rubberbanding.

Give it a shot if want permanent server option,

Only issue (not server issue) is at times the in game server browser is not showing all servers , but can always be found through steam browser under the name Come Drink and Know Things!

I been watching De4dCert's live stream each day. The devs are improving things but it has a long ways to go still. One thing the chat was talking about today is that in the middle of the map where a low level boss (demon bat supposedly) will be placed eventually its a bad spot to go. Really bad animations happen and game crashes happen frequently supposedly. Has anyone here seen this? As to whether go with a PvP server or a PvE server type of play I dunno. I lean towards PvE style myself but I have to admit PvP could be fun. I hate losing items though and I hear that's what happens in Conan PvP . Granted that's on the public servers however. Can someone shed some info as to the difference the two are in relation to this game?

Our base is right where the rivers intersect around the middle of the map and we havent had any issues. I havent logged on today yet so I cant comment on any additional lag issues; I will say the official servers are garbage and not worth using.

If you are NA our Dallas hosted server has decent ping and decent hardware , as noted 24/7 up. Whole reason I got it was terrible rubber banding on non dedicated servers and overloaded ones. Had 28 on it last night within first few hours and only one person said they were getting any rubberbanding.

Give it a shot if want permanent server option,

Only issue (not server issue) is at times the in game server browser is not showing all servers , but can always be found through steam browser under the name Come Drink and Know Things!

I just jumped on; toons name is Penelope.

I'll probably pick this title up (I did enjoy ARK for whatever that's worth) and look into joining the server!

so is teabagging a big thing in this game? Because it looks like you can do some serious teabagging

Humming Mr Weebl's tune while doing stuff around the house. I think I caught some of the words. I'm quite sure that I butchered a great deal of it.

Conan Exiles has got a winkie slider,

a winkie slider,

a winkie slider,

Dong, little dong, big dong, little dong, ya!

Boing, boing, boing goes the ballsack,

Boing, boing, boing goes the ballsack,

a winkie slider

Big dong, little dong, big dong, little dong

Wait until they start adding the good stuff =) No way will they mess this up if you play for 14 hours straight you are going to think the game is shit.

I don't know..those videos above certainly aren't making me excited.

Back